The Freestyling World Of Pumpcat

Curt

Nice photos, and a great look. The long coat and tall heels are a great combination in that sitting pose and when standing they gives a great long/tall look. Add a smile and you'll knock em dead. If your wearing makeup, it's well done. The forthcoming long hair should be awesome. I like the new avatar. TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the pics, Ashley. They show style and personality.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Not to rain on your parade, but I'd watch the drooped shoulders and forward arching neckline (posture). Creating curves with your hands, wrists, fingers, elbows, legs, and back is key to looking sexy. Just sayin...from someone who works as a professional in fashion.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Thanks for the tip kneehighs! I guess you are referring to close-up picture of my face one. Ya, I don't like how it turned out. I'm still new to photography, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. Any tip would be very helpful. I'm very pleased with my transformation over the last year. You can see the difference in my gallery pictures. Meanwhile, I'm going to keep looking in my fashion books, and magazines for insripation.

Nice pics, nice outfit. As for the photography, it's all about practice, I'm sure that will improve with time and work.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Fabulous lines with those heels, bootcut jeans and the whole look - very funky (as in cool and stylish, definitely not the foul-smelling sense of the word). Also thank you kneehighs for the posture advice, I would do well to keep that in mind too.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks again, guys. Something weird happened last week. I was with a friend at the mall. We were walking back to the car after buying some beer. We were going to a house party that night. I had a pair of high heel boots on. My friends parents and a lot of older people were going to be there. I said, maybe I should dress normal, and not wear any slut clothes. He freaked out on me! He said: I don't get you! You strut around everywhere looking like a lady gaga wannabe, but now you are afraid of looking like that in front of my parents. Get over yourself! My parents grew up listening to glamrock! If I could fit into the shit you wear, I'd do it too!

If I could fit into the shit you wear, I'd do it too!

Cool, I am sure you got a kick out of his comment. Funny thing is, it almost mirrors my thoughts exactly!

I look quite feminine from the waist down, but am clearly masculine shaped from the waist up and have a masculine face that no amount of makeup could change. If I could pull off more complete feminine outfits / fashions, I would be all over it, I promise you that. But alas, i am sort of stuck with mixing and matching a men's fashion (top) with women's fashion (bottom half + shoes) and try to blend them together as much as possible without looking completely off the wall. :)

so I finally got my hair extensions. I couldn't believe how good they turned out. I was so happy I was crying. all the women in there were happy for me as well. hope you like the pics.

sorry I forgot to add this pic. dumb blonde. I can say that now!

post-18564-0-77432700-1379203366_thumb.j

post-18564-0-70451600-1379203385_thumb.j

post-18564-0-58454600-1379203406_thumb.j

post-18564-0-31838000-1379203517_thumb.j

post-18564-0-68018100-1379203540_thumb.j

post-18564-0-83485300-1379203842_thumb.j

That's really cool pumpcat. I think that nice hair and nice heels kind of takes care of everything else (I mean, you can just wear a shirt and jeans and the whole look feels complete). One thing I would say, I don't subscribe to the "dumb blonde" thing so don't knock yourself ! That's a really fabulous almost strawberry blonde tone you have.

If you like it, wear it.

here is a new look I would like to try. what do you think?

I know you can pull off that look only too easily.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks guys for the king words. Isn't it funny how everything is a progression. 2 years ago I would never have the guts to wear boots over pants, and as a result, I would chop the shafts so they don't bunch up too much under jeans. Now I wear the boots over the pants all the time. And now I'm thinking what was I so worried about anyway. Even with the black eye make-up. I can't go out without it. What im getting at is that everybody here has a certain look they like. There's no reason why one gender can do certain things and the other gender is not allowed to. Not really fair. In a perfect world we all would be wearing heels and stylist clothes everywhere. The only place I don't wear the high heel boots over pants is at work and to church, only because my brother works there and I wouldn't want him to lose any creditability because of me. Its a helpless feeling because rthis time of year most of thhe women wear the knee boots and some wear otk boots to church. But I stiill wear pumps and booties with 5" heels with jeans, tight coats, and the heavy makeup. No problems at all, in fact I've gotten quite a few compliments. One woman wears really high heels, miniskirts, and low cut tops and total rockstar hair, and she always says how she likes my look. I guess it really doesn't matter what the gender us, you like what you like I think we should dress the way we feel comfortable. ILK has said that so many times, dress the way you like to, not like its against the law! People will get used to it. Even my parents can tolerate it, maybe not like it. Hey, it could be worse, I could dress like a rapper with the drop-ass pants and stupid basball cap sideways. I have to have more respect for myself than that.

The style you want to emulate should be doable.  The model is doing several things you might want to consider.  She has her hair parted in the middle, which adds to the symmetry of the look.  She is also wearing light makeup and presenting a very natural look.  From your recent hair extension photos, you should be able to do both of these things well. I’m not sure if that is what caught your eye or if it was just the long coat, leggings, and boots.

2 years ago I would never have the guts to wear boots over pants, and as a result,  ...   Now I wear the boots over the pants all the time. And now I'm thinking what was I so worried about anyway.  ...  People will get used to it.

It is amazing how much you have let yourself change in a short period of time.  Society does seem to be more tolerant of gender/style contradictions that they used to be and folks do get used to seeing someone presenting a different look.

I do caution you about becoming complacent about being accepted.  All the places I frequent have long since gotten used to seeing me, but whenever I go someplace new I go confidently, but wary. 

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I know what you mean about being too compacent. I wouldn't go in a bad part of town dressed in hooker boots(that's what I call them!). But I still believe I should be able to dress the way I like to. A woman at church asked me where I got my shoes. Too awesome. Its so nice to not have to justify that I'm wearing wearing womens clothes. Just another person. Who loves fashion. Someone who isn't into fashion won't get it! I'm very much into dressing genderless. I believe if you like a certain, there's no reason you can't wear it. But theere are certain items that are womens domain, like bras, and things that are mens domain. But women seem to wear what they want. We can learn something from that. But I might try to part my hair in the middle. Ill send a pic as soon as I put the right items together. Tthanks for the advise tbg, I respect you, and also you've bbeen doing it a lot longer than me.

• 2 weeks later...