The Freestyling World Of Pumpcat

Curt

Going out with my friend tomorrow downtown. We hang out and go to guitar shops, record stores, vintage clothes shops, pubs, and so on. I said: let's stop at fluevog shoes first, I have to pick up a pair of boots. He probably knows what kind they are, I'm always pushing the fashion envelope further and further! I getting into that rockstar look that cheryl crow has, with leather pants, kneehigh boots, tight tops, funky coat, and a ton of eye makeup. My friend doesn't care, he's into 70s glamrock like david bowie and t-rex, but would never dress like me. He said he doesn't have the body for it, but he at least has the long hair down his back. I've never been able to grow my hair that long! My hair grows so slow from heat damage from the straightiing iron. Straight hair has always been my thing. And of course eyeliner! It makes my eyes look amazing. Nothing crazy like avril laviene, but tastefully. Mostly on the waterline on the lower lid. Why can't you look like a rockstar when you're not one? I've got to be me! I'm picking up my 6" high heel wedge knee high boots. He has an I-phone, so he will take a picture of it. Ill then post it here. So cool to hang out with your friends in hooker boots! Ill let you guys know how it goes. Then we are going to the studio to play some music. We both play various instruments and sing, and his brother just plays guitar. Just so you know: I've played the drums with 5" heels on before. But I play keys mostly. I just learned bennie and the jets by elton john. Such a cool song! All about booze, drugs, and listening to a live band. Quite tame for the early 70s. But I'm not pro-drugs in any way, but music and style was so awesome back then.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lay off the straightening iron if you want to grow your hair out. As the length gets longer, it will naturally straighten out under it's own weight. I know this sucks, but get it long first then you can consider straightening it if need be.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks stafted! But I don't want it too much longer than it is now. Its just at shoulder length and the bangs go to the middle of my nose. My me, I just don't like curly hair. I know I'm into myself too much.

Sorry Pumpcat but if your born with curly hair your stuck with it. My hair has a curl to it and even back in the 70's when it was waist length it's still curly, I have just had my yearly haircut and it's just below my shoulders I like it that way. Funny people with curly hair always want straight hair and people with straight hair want curly, my advise let it grow and do what it wants and never wear a ponytail.

life is not a rehearsal

• 3 weeks later...

sorry I havnt posted anything in a while, but I am really busy lately with work(my boring job) and doing some fashion stuff on the side. I designed a pair of boots. I got the design of the fluevog volunteer boots and added more platform and heel to them. check it out! 2.5 " platform and 4.5" heels. so cool! ive always wanted some cool 70s boots. got to wear them over pants. the other way around just wont work. wear them like the girls do! im pretty much a girl anyway. I cant fight it anymore, ive got to love myself. I figure im not the only one that wants to look like the other gender. next for me will be some leather leggings over knee high boots and maybe over the knee boots. I can pull it off. we should be able to dress any way we want to. hey, ive already worn kneehigh boots over skinny jeans all over Toronto with girls sunglasses in my hair and heavy eye makeup on that would make lady gaga take notice. ive worn 6" wedge kneehigh boots to the studio playing drums for 3 hours. ive done it all. nothing to it. I found a new store to shop at. its called rudsak. an awesome fashion store in Canada. all the womens coats fit and look awesome on me. no more mens coats anymore. I have a few pics for you guys. I was out with steve(from this site) with his wife for the day. we had a great time. is was so nice to be with people that didn't have to judge me. they liked me for me. it was such a pleasure to show them all around Toronto. hopefully we can meet again sometime. anyway I have a few pics of some of the things I really like, and also a pic of the boots a designed. I hope you love them as much as I do. steve loved the womens coats at rudsak. he agrees with me that mens clothes just don't have the wow factor that the womens clothes have. why do women get all the glory? if you don't want to be one of them(like me), you can at least feel special by looking at their clothes. talk to you soon. Ashley. hey guys, I forgot to post my designed boots(dumb blonde, duh!). well here it is!

post-18564-0-42092900-1375918107_thumb.j

post-18564-0-97245100-1375918139_thumb.j

post-18564-0-44203700-1375918164_thumb.j

post-18564-0-19972300-1375918172_thumb.j

post-18564-0-67372700-1375918200_thumb.j

post-18564-0-61812200-1375918215_thumb.j

post-18564-0-53893200-1375918299_thumb.j

post-18564-0-21962200-1375918591_thumb.j

Have you ever thought about this Ashley? That you may not be a girl, but have the sensibilities of one. Just go with it (as you obviously have). The gender spectrum is wide and vast. We live in a day and age where guys can project an image of who they feel they are. In a very metropolitan area such as Toronto, it can be done with no repercussions as I suspect you have already discovered. As a guy (based on your genetics), your image is awesome, You are in a position that will allow you to further the case for how men dress. I am all for one finding their place on the gender spectrum and feeling good about themselves in the process. Way too many feel they have to be one or the other without exploring the region in between.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Ya, you're probably right shafted. I kike how women can be fearless in fashion. We men are stuck in the bubble that society puts us in. If we step out of it, we are looked at in a negative way. So based on my appearance, I'm not a girl, but my brain just doesn't. Match my body appearance. That's how it is. My therapist says if I have a female brain, then I'm female. It was probably something messed up in the birth process. I want to transition, but there is just too much at stake. Things will be ill-reversible. What if I feel worse about it, or can't pass after the long process. Only time will tell where my life will go. But all I can do now is live my life to the fullest. You guys are lucky that you just like womens shoes. That's it. Its a lot more complicated for me. But other than that, fashion is my passion. I probably couldn't get away with dressing ridiculously hookerish if I lived anywhere but toronto. So youre right, shafted. A cosmopolitan city is a great place to dress like you just stepped off the catwalk. No one will you you a second look. It just feeds your ego. No wonder I don't get many people posting on my thread. For me, its not the same old, same old, I walked down the street today in heels, no one noticed. Whatever! I have more important things to blog about. No offense to anyone else here, but I'm way beyond the point of worrying how people view me. If I want to be a fashion designer someday, then I shouldn't have any problem wearing the things I design, and feel comfortable in them. This is probably the end of the line for me here. I need to find a site where I can relate to others like myself. I would like to thank everybody for being kind to me, and especially to those who have exchanged personal email addresses with me. Ill miss you guys, but I don't want to screw up these threads with my identity disorder problems. Take care, everybody. Ya, you're probably right shafted. I kike how women can be fearless in fashion. We men are stuck in the bubble that society puts us in. If we step out of it, we are looked at in a negative way. So based on my appearance, I'm not a girl, but my brain just doesn't. Match my body appearance. That's how it is. My therapist says if I have a female brain, then I'm female. It was probably something messed up in the birth process. I want to transition, but there is just too much at stake. Things will be ill-reversible. What if I feel worse about it, or can't pass after the long process. Only time will tell where my life will go. But all I can do now is live my life to the fullest. You guys are lucky that you just like womens shoes. That's it. Its a lot more complicated for me. But other than that, fashion is my passion. I probably couldn't get away with dressing ridiculously hookerish if I lived anywhere but toronto. So youre right, shafted. A cosmopolitan city is a great place to dress like you just stepped off the catwalk. No one will you you a second look. It just feeds your ego. No wonder I don't get many people posting on my thread. For me, its not the same old, same old, I walked down the street today in heels, no one noticed. Whatever! I have more important things to blog about. No offense to anyone else here, but I'm way beyond the point of worrying how people view me. If I want to be a fashion designer someday, then I shouldn't have any problem wearing the things I design, and feel comfortable in them. This is probably the end of the line for me here. I need to find a site where I can relate to others like myself. I would like to thank everybody for being kind to me, and especially to those who have exchanged personal email addresses with me. Ill miss you guys, but I don't want to screw up these threads with my identity disorder problems. Take care, everybody.

You are definitely not screwing up the threads here. Just PLEASE be sure what path you want to follow. I'm pretty sure that many of the members here don't fall on the extremes of the gender spectrum. That's what makes us who we are. Please don't leave because you are way too awesome. I love your style, and I envy Steve for having met you. If this doesn't show that I care, then nothing will.

There isn't any good reason that you can't remain active here without mentioning your gender identity situation. Just continue to relate your ideas on fashion, putting together outfits and experiences you have buying clothing. Take a page from Dr Shoe's book as an example. Dr. Shoe manages to continue posting interesting and on point comments without mentioning transgender aspects of life.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Pumpcat, I also have enjoyed reading your posts and viewing your pics too. I hope that you will continue to keep us posted of your activities. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with Steve and his wife a couple weeks ago. After he returned from your visit in Toronto, they stopped off to see me and we had a nice time out heeling together. We even had breakfast together before he returned home on Sunday. And of course we were both wearing heels. Good luck on whatever you decide. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Well. Today is another day. I know I got this special thing that makes me unique(if you can call it special), but I won't harp on it and ask for any synpathy. It back to fashion business as usual. I pick up my new coat at rudsak tomorrow. If I have some extra money, ill buy a pair of leather leggings. But ill send you guys a pic of me in the new coat. Till then.

Well. Today is another day. I know I got this special thing that makes me unique(if you can call it special), but I won't harp on it and ask for any synpathy. It back to fashion business as usual. I pick up my new coat at rudsak tomorrow. If I have some extra money, ill buy a pair of leather leggings. But ill send you guys a pic of me in the new coat. Till then.

Leather leggings, that's something I want to try, Pumpcat. I already own leather jeans and pants. and I love the look and feel of leather.

Let us know when you get the leather leggings.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Leather leggings, that's something I want to try, Pumpcat. I already own leather jeans and pants. and I love the look and feel of leather.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Yes! Leather pants, leather leggings! I've been hounding all my PR friends in this town for a free pair and hopefully am but a warehouse shipment away from some bona fide leather arriving on my doorstep.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I must admit I've been intrigued about them as well. Paired with an oversized sweater and knee boots, that combination would kill!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

well, today I bought the rudsak coat. very fitted everywhere, especially in the arms. I just love it. it feels like a fitted dress that goes just above my knees. I got a few pics with my blackberry through a mirror. sorry for the crappy quality. ill get some better pics with my digital camera when I get home. the coat is called majorie from rudsak for just under $400.00. I don't usually disclose what I pay for things. I don't want to people think im one-upping everybody by having the most glamourous things. but, this is the most perfect fitting coat ive ever had. now you guys know the details if you would like to buy one. you wont believe how awesome it looks with leggings and kneehigh boots. I wore it downtown today with orange chunky knee-high boots. the colour of the boots don't really go, but they really stand out. im thinking leather leggings might be too much leather, but ill try. rudsak have all their fashion shows on you tube. women in long coats, over-the-knee boots and leather leggings. just looks so good. wearing the coat made me feel special. a girl in another store thought the coat was made-to-measure. if I pair my leeward boots with it, it would look perfect.

post-18564-0-23535200-1376179418_thumb.j

post-18564-0-37562700-1376179434_thumb.j

post-18564-0-93897100-1376179452_thumb.j

post-18564-0-93764400-1376179543_thumb.j

well, today I bought the rudsak coat. very fitted everywhere, especially in the arms. I just love it. it feels like a fitted dress that goes just above my knees. I got a few pics with my blackberry through a mirror. sorry for the crappy quality. ill get some better pics with my digital camera when I get home. the coat is called majorie from rudsak for just under $400.00. I don't usually disclose what I pay for things. I don't want to people think im one-upping everybody by having the most glamourous things. but, this is the most perfect fitting coat ive ever had. now you guys know the details if you would like to buy one. you wont believe how awesome it looks with leggings and kneehigh boots. I wore it downtown today with orange chunky knee-high boots. the colour of the boots don't really go, but they really stand out. im thinking leather leggings might be too much leather, but ill try. rudsak have all their fashion shows on you tube. women in long coats, over-the-knee boots and leather leggings. just looks so good. wearing the coat made me feel special. a girl in another store thought the coat was made-to-measure. if I pair my leeward boots with it, it would look perfect.

Beautiful coat with lovely asymmetrical zipper details. It appears to have a bit of an "A-line" silhouette beneath the waist which can be a subtle feminine detail (or just the angle the photo was taken at).

Enjoy!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...

I havnt posted anything in a while, but I was at the mall in my 5" platform boots. Getting a lot of stares. But who cares. I figure if you spend your hard earned money on heels, and you like them, then why not wear them in public and feel good about yourself? Its not fair that girls get to wear all the cool shit! I thied explaining that to my mom, and she just didn't get it. Whatever! I think you like what you like. I'm sure a lot of you guys can walk pretty good in heels. I saw a girl that was struggling in her heels. So depressing. They couldn't be any more than 4". Those are like flats to me. 4.5" heels are everyday shoes, grocery shopping, pumping gas, all day shopping on saturday. Heels are empowering, a confident booster, no more. Who wouldn't want to feel like that. My friend said he's wants to hook me up with a girl he knows. Total rocker chick. He said: wear your tigght leather coat and your kneehigh boots. Ill even wear the heavy eye makeup, if she really digs it. I've always loved the rockstar image, mostly how the women rock it. Sheryl crow,nancy wiilson, avril laviene, joan jett(I think she scares me a bit). I've always loved make-up. You can even throw david bowie and bret michaels into the mix. What I'm. Getting at, is a think apperance is a lot like fashion. No reason it can't be acceptable for either gender. If I leave the house without heels and makeup on, then I feel naked. I like vanity. At least for myself. But I'm not interested in one-upping anyone else. I respect others, and would never make fun of how someone would dress. I've been around the high fashion world long enough that its about uniqueness and. Being part of something special. If stylish clothes and heels were in vogue for guys, designers would bring out so many cool things. But guys are too afraid of how otheers view them, so all the cool clothes are for women, and guys are content to look homeless. Not me, womens clothes are a part of my look. Do I try to pass for the opposite sex when I go out? Yes. That's just me being myself. But all in all, we are all divided by society in what is acceptable and now. To summarize: how many guys have gone into the mens section of the store, and the whole time looking over to the womens section, because the clothes are just so much nicer? The stylkes, colours, variety, the fit, the sexyness. I can say this because I've started to design clothes. What is so atttactive to mens clothes? All they have are suits, t-shirts, flat shoes(black and brown), and long baggy shorts that look stupid! I don't have aany mens clothes at home, except for the odd t-shirt. I'm surt I'm not alone iiin all this!

• 2 weeks later...

anyway, I havnt posted anything in a while. I got a pair of booties from rudsak, and a pair of kneehigh boots from fergie. ive got pics for both of those so don't worry.i posted in the fashion section about hair extentions and im getting them in 2 weeks. they are clip on and go halfway down my back, I cant wait. and I can remove them any time I want, to they wont get caught in a machine at work. its been my lifelong dream to have really long hair, but it wasn't possible because of all the heat damage I do to it. they clipped in a few sections today at the salon, and it looks awesome, the women around were thrilled. I also have a few new pics of me with tall boots on, as that's my favorite look. hope you like them

post-18564-0-62707500-1377989157_thumb.p

post-18564-0-19582300-1377989259_thumb.j

post-18564-0-64524700-1377989427_thumb.j

post-18564-0-81629400-1377989521_thumb.j

post-18564-0-13171600-1377989553_thumb.j

Thanks Sleekheels! I like the chunky heels, but I'm starting to get used to the skinnier ones. The woman in the store that sold me a pair of 5" heels said: you're a woman! You can run in crazy heels. Did your mom show you how to walk in them? I said: no. Figured it out myself. I seem to have that sway in the hips when wearing hells, its just very natural. Btw, I really liked your wedges and your outfit in your last post. You look great!