A different comment while heeling in public

roniheels

I spent yesterday from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. out-and-about wearing a black suit, black sweater vest, gray dress shirt, black and gray tie, and my Bamboo brand black leather pumps with a 5" stiletto high heel and 1/2" hidden platform. I visited ten different stores including Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Barnes & Noble, and Best Buy, while also going to my public library, city park, movie (the new Mission Impossible) and city art museum. It was a fun day of public heeling with no major reactions or comments. It was mostly positive reactions and a lot of smiles. But that wasn't the way the day started.

I stopped in to my local cafe for breakfast and there was only one person in the place besides the staff and me. He was a man I would say close to my age and even though the temperature was a little chilly, he was bundled up like it was below zero outside. As I walked by him to seat myself, he said very loudly, "ARE THOSE SHOES?" It startled me for a second and I just calmly said, "yes, they are." As I started to walk away he said, "THEY LOOK DIFFERENT." Again I calmly said, "yes, they are one of my favorite pairs." As I was eating my breakfast and reading my paper, as the man was leaving he came over to my table (now there were many people in the cafe by now and none paying attention to me) and said loudly, "I'VE NEVER SEEN A MAN WEARING SHOES LIKE THOSE BEFORE." And he turned and left. And as a result, everyone looked over at me and my high heels. But again looks, a few smiles, and no comments.

Other than that little exchange, it was a fun day, as usual, running errands in high heels and interacting with all of my on-lookers.

Well now, I must say that certainly was a different sort of reaction to your shoes. I can only imagine that fellow's mind had been successfully blown by what he had seen, though I'm sure you could've done without his shouting all over the place. Other than that, it sounds like you enjoyed a pretty good, and pretty busy outing and had dressed exceptionally well for same. Bravo to you, my friend. (Your suit no doubt made for a highly stylish look, if it had been me, I would've replaced the trousers with a skirt, but that's just me, heh!)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

He just wanted to see if it would ruffle your feathers. Like if I did not want attention I would not being wearing heels....Duh!

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Like if I did not want attention I would not being wearing heels....Duh!

Absolutely agree with that!!!

Roniheels - I have had similar experiences. I have always found that if I'm confident and outgoing then these situations present no real drama. From what you have said I think you did the right thing, just being yourself - leaves people like this with nowhere to go.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

well it goes with saying, some people have no class, & show that just by "calling attention" (due to his inabilty to cope with this no dought) I could think of lots of equially "snappy yet stupid" answers to deal with that kind of mentality, then just proceed to egnore them after that!:smile:

and said loudly, "I'VE NEVER SEEN A MAN WEARING SHOES LIKE THOSE BEFORE."

I all fairness, this actually sounds more like this guy is not the average joe, but possibly struggling with some mental issues. I do mean that seriously, and not in the "insult" kind of way too...

The kind that would normally have an assistant health worker...

Unless of course, this guy happened to be a 10yr old kid?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

He could whitsle, like for girls in miniskirts. Instead, he made you a star. Without him, nobody would have seen your so nice shoes, and you would have been really, really disappointed, wouldn't you ? You owe him a drink !! People like him are rare.

I all fairness, this actually sounds more like this guy is not the average joe, but possibly struggling with some mental issues. I do mean that seriously, and not in the "insult" kind of way too...

Unless of course, this guy happened to be a 10yr old kid?

And I don't mean this in an insulting way, but he did look a little "weather-beaten," if you know what I mean. He didn't look homeless, but he did look like he had lived a rough life. But again, this is just an assumption based on his looks and attire.

And I don't mean this in an insulting way, but he did look a little "weather-beaten," if you know what I mean. He didn't look homeless, but he did look like he had lived a rough life. But again, this is just an assumption based on his looks and attire.

Maybe the 2 go hand in hand... I know a lot of health care homes in the UK closed down years ago leaving many on the streets...

What he said to you kind of strikes me as "quite far from the norm" of things somebody could have siad..

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Reminds about the guy in Oxford street who shouted "This guy is wearing heels" and pointing to get other peoples attention. A bit of an odd guy.

Yes, I agree, sounds like the guy might have some mental issues, so he really meant no harm...You did a great job calmly responding to his loud inquiries, kept your cool, which added to your confidence....Great job, glad you had a nice day out and about...

I bet the guy was surprised and not ' in the loop ' of modern times. Ive run across a few individuals whom were up in their years, men and women alike that have have similar reactions to seeing me wearing a pair of heeled boots/shoes. They were all ' neutral ' in opinion ( I think? ) but it was something they just didnt see before.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I bet the guy was surprised and not ' in the loop ' of modern times. Ive run across a few individuals whom were up in their years, men and women alike that have have similar reactions to seeing me wearing a pair of heeled boots/shoes.

They were all ' neutral ' in opinion ( I think? ) but it was something they just didnt see before.

I think you are definitely onto something. I really believe in all of this man's "travels," so to speak, he has never seen a man in public wearing feminine stiletto high heels. He might simply didn't know what else to say. But to say, "...are those shoes?" just caught me off guard a bit.

I think you are definitely onto something. I really believe in all of this man's "travels," so to speak, he has never seen a man in public wearing feminine stiletto high heels. He might simply didn't know what else to say. But to say, "...are those shoes?" just caught me off guard a bit.

I remember the first time I saw a man wearing a Kilt. It was in a Parade here in Downtown Buffalo, NY. I remember asking my mother ' Why does that guy have a Dress on?!?! ' and she laughed at me and explained what a Kilt was.

Granted, I was like 12 or 13, but it was the first time.

How about all the tie-dye shirts hippies used to wear? Imagine a small town seeing a VW Bus/Van pulling up, the door opens and a plumb of smoke comes out.. followed by a bunch of hippies.. in a small town in the middle of no-where.

Im sure we all can remember a time where we saw someone wearing something we have never seen before or some situation of sorts thats similar.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

ilikekicks,

I remember many years ago, and I have mentioned this in a previous post, I passed by a very pretty young woman who smiled at me and then took a puff on a very good looking briar pipe. I equated this to the reaction that one might get from seeing a man wearing high heels in public to the sight of a woman smoking a briar pipe in public. I smoked a pipe many years ago when pipe smoking was very popular and I think during that time I only saw a handful of women who smoked a pipe. Again, this does fall under the catagory of seeing something you're not used to seeing in public.

How about all the tie-dye shirts hippies used to wear? Imagine a small town seeing a VW Bus/Van pulling up, the door opens and a plumb of smoke comes out.. followed by a bunch of hippies.. in a small town in the middle of no-where. Im sure we all can remember a time where we saw someone wearing something we have never seen before or some situation of sorts thats similar.