Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Hey, TBG! That is most definitely a sharp dress you wore in your latest outing! It looks downright great on you, and paired with your thigh boots and coat, it makes for a terrific outfit. Bravo to you, my friend! Now, I'm eager to find a dress like yours so I can be just as fashionable!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I went out gain with the same mauve dress outfit and boots with mascara and eyeliner.  I never thought I would be really comfortable being out in public wearing a dress but this really feels great.  I've mentioned before that my boots are my crutch, meaning that when I'm wearing something that over the top, I can wear anything else, but I almost wore this outfit with flats.

Anyway, I went to a Remke's market and wandered around a good bit, even getting the produce manager to find a couple of pumpkins for me (the day after Halloween they all vanished.)  No one (I really mean no one) even seemed to notice that I was a guy wearing a dress and stiletto thigh boots.  Everyone was courteous and friendly and just glad to be helpful to a customer.

The next stop was a thrift store where I tried on some boots and shoes but nothing fit.  While I was trying them on an lady commented what a limited selection they had today.  She didnt seem to mind that she was talking to a guy that was wearing a dress and trying on heels.

The last stop was the Library.  The parking lot was full so I had a long walk in and out.  Again no one batted an eye.  The librarian that checked out my books had exquisitely applied eyeliner.  I asked her how long it took to learn how to apply it that well.  She said she had been wearing it for years and it was now almost automatic.  I'm sure she noticed mine but she didn't say a thing.

This was a fun outing.

JeffB - Thanks for the kind words, and my wearing  dress is all your fault/inspiration... thank you.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have to agree that's a fine outfit TBG, it's really hard to make such a short dress not look desparate, but even with what some might call "povoactive" boots you've pulled off a very stylish look.

I really don't like going out on Halloween because people think what I'm wearing is a costume rather than my everyday wear.

I have to agree. It almost seems like giving people the easy way out by dismissing how we're dressed as some sort of prank. I think it makes a more powerful statement that we're wearing heels because we choose to and because we like it.

If you like it, wear it.

I went out gain with the same mauve dress outfit and boots with mascara and eyeliner.  I never thought I would be really comfortable being out in public wearing a dress but this really feels great.  I've mentioned before that my boots are my crutch, meaning that when I'm wearing something that over the top, I can wear anything else, but I almost wore this outfit with flats.

Anyway, I went to a Remke's market and wandered around a good bit, even getting the produce manager to find a couple of pumpkins for me (the day after Halloween they all vanished.)  No one (I really mean no one) even seemed to notice that I was a guy wearing a dress and stiletto thigh boots.  Everyone was courteous and friendly and just glad to be helpful to a customer.

The next stop was a thrift store where I tried on some boots and shoes but nothing fit.  While I was trying them on an lady commented what a limited selection they had today.  She didnt seem to mind that she was talking to a guy that was wearing a dress and trying on heels.

The last stop was the Library.  The parking lot was full so I had a long walk in and out.  Again no one batted an eye.  The librarian that checked out my books had exquisitely applied eyeliner.  I asked her how long it took to learn how to apply it that well.  She said she had been wearing it for years and it was now almost automatic.  I'm sure she noticed mine but she didn't say a thing.

This was a fun outing.

JeffB - Thanks for the kind words, and my wearing  dress is all your fault/inspiration... thank you.

The pleasure was all mine. I've come to realize that wearing dresses is a delightful experience as it truly pushes the envelope of fashion freestyling, and we all have our own ideas of how we want to wear them and what to wear with them to make them look good on us. For you, it's thigh boots, for me, it's pumps, but, with fall having arrived, I can see myself wearing knee boots and tights so I can be both stylish and warm. Like you, there is no doubt in my mind that I look good in a dress and take pride in wearing them.

I have to agree. It almost seems like giving people the easy way out by dismissing how we're dressed as some sort of prank. I think it makes a more powerful statement that we're wearing heels because we choose to and because we like it.

I second that emotion. Because we take our heel wearing seriously and go to great lengths to look our very best in public, we dispel the notion that what we do is any sort of joke. And that, I believe, goes a long ways towards us gaining respect as fashion forward men who successfully integrate women's wear into how we dress in public.

I ran out to Remke's grocery and stopped at a thrift store this morning wearing a sky blue T-shirt, a short denim jacket, a 16" denim skort, black leggings and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.

post-530-0-88528600-1415027304_thumb.jpg

At Remke's I wandered around the isles a bit then selected my items.  At the checkout I told the register clerk (middle aged lady), "Its finally cool enough to wear these" and indicated my boots.

She replied, "Yes it is... I really like those boots."  Unfortunately I was almost out of the door when she said that and I didn't get to thank her.

At the thrift store I got there before they opened and I stood in the line for a few minutes waiting.  When I got inside, one of the ladies that works there greeted me with "Your here early, give me a hug" which I did and she continued, "You look nice... you keeping warm?" and I stuck out one on my boot an smiled.  That got a nice laugh.

I wandered around and found a CD to add to my collection.

I  headed home and grabbed a picture.

post-530-0-85263700-1415027314_thumb.jpg

It's Election day in the U.S.A.

post-530-0-42375200-1415110814_thumb.jpg

The polling place is down the street from my home so I waked down wearing ankle boots with black leggings.

post-530-0-64384300-1415110823_thumb.jpg 

I did complement a fellow voter on the nice pair of boots she was wearing and got a nice thank you for the effort.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I ran out to the vet for some catfood wearing a pink T-shirt, black leggings, a short denim skirt, a black leather jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

post-530-0-93836400-1415221741_thumb.jpg

The folks at the vet seem to appreciate how I was dressed.  All three young ladies seemed to go out of their way to be friendly and encouraging.

The next stop was Walmart to return an item.  I walked in and got into the customer service queue.  There were a couple of guys in the line that, at best, had a smirk on their faces.  I just stood in the line with a  pleasant smile on my face.  When I got to the register, the clerk seemed to go out of her way to be friendly.  In both places the reception I was given was positive enough that I noticed it.

The last stop was the library.  The visit was uneventful until I was walking back to my car when a lady commented, "I want to congratulate you on being able to walk on those heels.  I'd be falling all over myself."  I thanked her, grabbed a picture and headed home.

This was a positive outing.

Hey there, TBG! As usual, you display your fine sense of style in your outfits. I'm sure it must make you feel good to be appreciate for how you're dressed to people who encounter you in your travels. Definitely a good thing.

JeffB - Thanks for the kind words.

-------------

I don't normally watch "How to wear" videos but this one struck my fancy and actually has some decent advice on wearing thigh boots (what else would I be watching :penitent: ).

I moved a bit outside my comfort zone meaning I went out without my thigh boots.  I went to Kroger's wearing a pink T-shirt, black leather pants, a black leather jacket, black patent sling back pumps with a 4¾" stiletto heel and a ½" platform.  I also wore mascara and eyeliner and a bar necklace and medium hoop earrings.

post-530-0-23807400-1415295830_thumb.jpg

The heel seems a little higher than it measures but that may be because I'm used to support boots provide and the sling back pumps provide no support at all.

I walked across the parking lot and into the store and immediately found my items.  I then took my time wandering around and enjoying myself.  At the checkout the register clerk, who knows me well, greeted me warmly and checked out my stuff.  When she walked to the end of the counter to bag my stuff she saw my shoes and commented, "Of those are nice shoes... You really look nice."

I was a bit surprised and thanked her than asked, "Is this too much black?"

"No, you have the pink top and jewelry to balance it... It looks nice."

I stopped on the way home for a couple of pictures.

post-530-0-87698900-1415295801_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-31228600-1415295811_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-81212600-1415295820_thumb.jpg

Hey there, TBG! Enjoyed your latest outing. I must admit to being surprised at seeing you of all people wearing slingbacks, very interesting. Meanwhile, I agree with Mr. X that adding more color to your outfit would've made for better balance overall. Still, well done!

I want shopping at Kroger's this morning wearing a long gray sleeveless dress, dark hose, a black leather jacket, and beige sling back pumps with a 4¾" stiletto heel with a ½" platform. 

post-530-0-80979700-1415629908_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-62372700-1415629917_thumb.jpg

When I got to the parking lot it took me a minute to get out of the car.  This hasn't happened to me for a loooong time.  I'm not sure if it was the dress or the pumps but something slowed me up,  however, as soon as my heels hit the ground I was fine and I headed into the store.  I needed enough items that I got a cart. 

Most folks didn't pay any attention to me but I did notice one lady, seeing what I was wearing, gave me a nice smile.  I wandered the isles gathering my items the headed for the checkout.

My favorite clerk was on duty and she greeted me warmly when I entered the line.  When I came my turn we chatted about the items I had selected and what I was going to make with them.  The configuration of the counter prevented her from seeing below my waist but as I started to leave she made a point of checking out my shoes.  She looked down and exclaimed, "Oh that's nice... That's are really nice." I think she meant the whole outfit, but it may have just been the shoes.  I thanked her and headed out to the car.  As I was leaving she repeated, "That's really nice."

I stopped in a park for a picture.

I went out to the library dressed much more in my comfort zone.  The trip was uneventful.

post-530-0-76226600-1415641408_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-46884000-1415641417_thumb.jpg

Well done on your latest outings, TBG! I must say I was surprised to see you wearing something other than thigh boots. Shocking! Still, you liked very nice.

I ran out to Walgreens this morning wearing an aqua top, black leggings, a short leather skirt, a long leather coat, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

The staff greeted me warmly and the rest of the customers didn't even seen to notice.

This is a great way to start the day.

post-530-0-24268300-1415813772_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-87264200-1415813761_thumb.jpg

Hey there, TBG! Well done on your latest outfit. The top looks quite nice and goes well with your ensemble.

I had a dental appointment today.  I wore a long black turtleneck with a high wasted belt, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  I found out the dentist was a guitar player and the receptionist and I chatted about coking.  No one batted an eye at my boots.

I then headed to a thrift store and found a pair of ankle boots in an 11 that fit reasonably well, and I also found a light weight gray jacket with a very full collar.  The more I looked at the jacket, the more I liked it.  No one seemed bothered while I was trying on the ankle boots, which ment taking off my thigh boots.

post-530-0-71834000-1416520442_thumb.jpg post-530-0-90350400-1416520091_thumb.jpg

I headed to Remkey's market and wore the jacket with my thigh boots.  I really liked the look and really felt comfortable wearing it.  No one seemed to notice me at all.

post-530-0-64810100-1416520046_thumb.jpg post-530-0-08793900-1416520076_thumb.jpg

Lastly I went to the local cable office wearing my thigh boots and the gray jacket.  There was a guy outside the office that said my boots really looked good and that I looked good wearing them  He made the same comment when I walked out.  I suspect he was interested in more than my boots and thanked him for the comment and headed on my way.

It was a nice day in boots even with a dentist appointment.

I made a brief outing to Sam's and a thrift store.  I was wearing a pink t-shirt with a high waisted belt, black leggings, my new gray sweater , and black thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos. (See the picture in my last post and change the top to pink.)

In Sam's one of the food vendors, who knows me, commented, "Oh, you look nice today."  I thanked her and we chatted for a little while.  One of the managers also commented that I looked nice.  I thanked her also and headed out to my car.

At the thrift store a lady walked by me and out of the blue said, "I like your boots."  I thanked her and she kept right on walking as did I.  I found a nice long sleeved turtleneck knit top and headed for the checkout.

It was a short but nice outing.

Folks - Thanks for the comments.

My friend is back in the hospital which means I'm staying at the hospital.  I've been wearing black leggings and relatively low heeled knee high boots.  We are in the same nursing wing we were in several months ago and the nurses recognize us;  I'm not sure if they recognize my friend or my boots but either way they are treating us like family.

post-530-0-86603500-1416764417_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-40294600-1416764431_thumb.jpg

Another day in the hospital and another pair of boots, this time with denim leggings.  My friend is doing much better (JeffB, thanks for the good wishes).

post-530-0-94282400-1416841758_thumb.jpg

Another day in the hospital, another pair of boots.  My friend is doing well and I think the game plan is to go home tomorrow.

post-530-0-51633300-1416932195_thumb.jpg

Steve -  Thanks for the kind thoughts.  Being in a hospital can be a bad thing but the folks here are taking good care of my friend.

Sleekheels -  Thanks for the good wishes.

Another day, and another pair of boots.  My firend is doing much better.  They may send us home today.

post-530-0-26676100-1417013751_thumb.jpg

I was cooped up in a hospital room for five days and was going a little stir craze.  My friend is doing real well and the hospital released her today.  After she got settled in at home, I went out and relived some of my pent up desire to get out.  Although I was able to wear boots and fem stuff at the hospital I couldn't really push any limits.

This afternoon I went out wearing  a short green sleeveless knit dress with a full collar, dark hose, a short black leather jacket, shoulder length black leather gloves, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  This outfit seems to draw a lot of attention whenever I wear it and today was no exception. Wearing this dress over hose was a new experience, previously I have worn it over leggings.  The leggings have enough texture that the knit  clings to the leggings.  The hose are slick and provides no adherence to keep the knit dress in place so the dress tends to ride up to embarrassing heights.  The temperature was in the upper 20sF (-3C) but the knit dress and my boots were warm enough.  I took advantage of the temperature to wear my shoulder length gloves.

post-530-0-84138200-1417044418_thumb.jpg

I went to Sam's for a few items.  The staff greeted me warmly and I started finding my items.  One of the managers walked by me pushing a cart.  She said she had just gotten off work and asked how I was and what my plans for Thanksgiving were.  I told her my friend had just gotten out of the hospital and we were going to have a meal at her home.  I'm not sure how the conversation really got going but she wound up telling me about her daughter who has some mental retardation.  She explained how difficult it was for het to take her daughter out without attracting unwanted attention.  She said that seeing me coming in dressed as I do made her feel good, kind of like a kindred spirit (my words).  She said she sees the reactions people have to me: staring, laughing, taking pictures and  she said she gets the same king of reactions when she is out with her daughter.  She wondered what people were teaching their kids about people that do things differently.  She was really moved in this conversation, taking my hand several times to make a point.

After talking with her I wandered around the store for a while, giving the dress an occasional downward tug as I went, before heading to the checkout.  People did notice this outfit.

I then headed to a thrift store where I found a long light gray leather ladies coat for $10.  I have always wanted a leather coat in this length and this was too good a deal to pass up.  I tried the coat on in the store which showed off my gloves.  I wore the coat out to my car.

Going out in that dress  relieved my desire to get out and about.

I managed to drop my camera with the lense extended,  :censored:  which has ruined it's ability to focus so I didn't get a picture of the new coat.  I just ordered a new camera. :penitent:

Hey there, TBG! Glad to hear about your friend. Certainly good news. Cute dress you wore there. It'll soon be time for me to go out in one as I close in on my 250th jaunt. After that, I plan to wear dresses more often.