Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I went to Kroger's this morning for a few items.  I wore my new long leather coat and white leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos.  I also had on a three strand pearl necklace and carried a small white purse.

post-530-0-23933200-1417448842_thumb.jpg

I took my time wandering around and getting little attention.  At the register my favorite clerk commented, "Oh, you look nice this morning."  I thanked her, paid for my stuff and headed out to my car.  I decided to go to Tuesday Mornings which is at the other end of this shopping plaza.  Normally I drive to the other end of the mall but today I decided to walk only to find I was too early for the store to open so I got to walk back.  Folks did notice, but paid no attention.

Great way to start the day.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

This afternoon I was out and stopped at a local Walmart wearing a long black leather coat and black leather thigh boots with 5" stiletto heels.  The greeter (middle aged white guy) ignored me as I came in (even though I spoke to him) and as I left.  That's the first time that has happened.  What was a notable happened was in the parking lot when I was leaving.  There was a couple (late 20s guy and gal) comming in both wearing combat boots and the guy was wearing a pleated skirt that I took to be a kilt but may have just been a pleated skirt.  When they saw me they both exclamed (almost in unison), "Hey, awsome boots" and asked me if Walmart had them.  I told them Amazon had them and we went our seperate ways.  This was the first time I've seen another guy in a skirt.

JeffB - Shocking though it may be, the white boots looked better with the coat then the black ones did.  Somehow I remember reading somewhere that you should wear what you think looks good rather than what society thinks is acceptable.  Fancy me following that advice. :giggle:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hey there, TBG! It must've been quite a moment for you after seeing your first ever guy in a skirt. Good for you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks Thighbootguy, great to see you still exploring yourself and wear whatever you feel like wearing. Agreed, once we start we just need to get that pent up feeling out sometimes. Finding the "that feels better" part is such an up lifting part of our day, the Ahh.. now I am feel better. Really after one experiences that feeling of self it is so good. I am sure many of us now know we need that to be fulfilled. You bringing us your adventures can certainly identify with your outings.  Great stories and posts.  Thank you!

Cool to have seen another fellow adventurer in a skirt!

I went to Walgreens early this morning to pick up a prescription.  I wore my white leather thigh boots with 5"stilettos, black leggings, a LBD (Little Black Dress), a pearl necklace, a long tan leather coat, and carried a white purse.  I wore the coat buttoned which covered most of the dress but not the necklace.  Whenever I wear my white boots I am really aware of what I'm wearing, where my black boots are just another pair of shoes.

post-530-0-97729800-1417616855_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-20130800-1417616865_thumb.jpg

The folks at Walgreens greeted me warmly when I walked in, more than they do for other customers.  Several of the clerks waved to me and I waved back.  The register clerk, who knows me well (she sold me my first lipstick and helped me select the color) said, "The coat looks nice."  I told her I had found it for $10 and she was floored.

I then headed for Wallmart and walked in looking for an item, which was out of stock.  I headed back out to my car.  The folks that saw me chose to ignore me.

It is a good way to start the day.

Yes indeed! Those boots certainly do stand out. Well done, TBG!

I'm surprised you didn't give TBG a ribbing with it being after Labor Day, Jeff.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I went to the hospital as an outpatient for a blood test.  I wore leggings and by black leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos, a pink T-shirt, my long tan leather coat, and just because it was cold and wet, I wore my long black gloves, even though they were mostly hidden by the coat's sleeves.   Except for when I walked in, I wore the coat unbuttoned, and I did take off my gloved before I went in for the blood test.

post-530-0-80412800-1417792802_thumb.jpg

I also made an effort to put on a good face with some light makeup, mostly around my eyes, and didn't wear my glasses, except when I really needed to see,  to show off a little.

post-530-0-18310700-1417792820_thumb.jpg

This was the same hospital  where my friend recovered, but the outpatient area is a completely separate area so no one knew me from my recent visits, but they may have remembered me from before.  Anyway they had just remodeled the patient entrance and they had a greeter to guide people to the new registration area, which she did in a most friendly manner.  The registration clerk got me into the computer system and directed me to the outpatient waiting area.  I sat in the waiting area with the other folks for about 15 minutes until they called me in for the test.  The nurse was bouncy and cheerful and said I had a good date of birth because it was the same as her daughters.

After the test I walked through the hospital to an enterance that was closer to where I had parked my car.  I did get a couple of glances.

I stopped at WallMart for an item that was out of stock the last two times I was in the store, and it was still out of stock so I headed back home.

Other than getting stuck in the arm, it was a good way to start a day.

I had to go out to the Guitar Center this afternoon.  I wore black leggings, a pink T-shirt, a long black leather coat, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.

post-530-0-01446700-1417818448_thumb.jpg

I had purchased a used microphone on line from the Guitar Center and it arrived today but did not work.  I know GC tests used equipment so I was surprised the mike didn't work.  I called the store that sold the mike in Joliette Il. and to my surprise, the manager told me to take the mike to my local GC and they would take care of it.  I did and they tested the mike then returned my purchase price, tax and shipping with no questions and a sincere apology.   I was impressed and will buy used stuff from them again.  They also had a mike stand I had had shipped to the store.

Anyway I was in the store for about an hour in thigh boots.  They expect an odd collection of customers (musicians) but I got no reaction from anyone.

I then headed for a Remkee's market and wandered around for about 30 minutes and did get a "Nice Boots" from a group of middle aged folks.

The last stop was a thrift store where the know me well.  There were lots of Hellos and no adverse reactions.

My new camera came today so the picture quality will get back to normal.

I have been out and about several times in thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos so let me roll several outings into one post.

The first  was wearing a green knit dress with a belt under a black leather  coat.  I went to Sams and a Remkees market and to a local thrift store.   At Sams and Remkees I wandered around and did my shopping without comment of fanfare.  At the thrift store I found a new knit dress and a dishwasher for $1 (not a typo, one dollar).  The manager at the thrift store had the dishwasher in the parking lot and said it was going to rain and snow and he would have to throw the dishwasher away.  I took him up on his offer and he helped me load it into my car.

post-530-0-11913600-1418184085_thumb.jpg

When I got home, I parked on the street and I got  my two wheeler out of the garage and hauled the dishwasher into my home with my boots on.  I'm sure this was an amusing sight for the traffic.

The next day I needed to get some parts to install the dishwasher so I went to Home Depot then Lowes wearing my new dress and my boots. 

post-530-0-11692600-1418183520_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-58976600-1418183548_thumb.jpg

Later I went back to Nome Depot wearing a short leather skirt and my boots to get an additional fitting.  I had two clerks helping me find the correct fitting; one that I had asked for help , and a second on that jouned in later.  After we found the part, the second guy asked me if my boots were comfortable,  I said they were even with the 5" heel.  He said he had cowboy boots but he didnt wear them at work.

After the installation, to my amazement, the dishwasher worked.

Short summary of two days out in boots, and having a lot of fun.

Hey there, TBG! A dishwasher, eh? What a coincidence! I have a dishwasher too! My two hands! HA!  :lmao:

Meanwhile, nice outfits there, my friend! Looking good as usual!

I really like the outfit in the first photo, TBG.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I had a fun outing this morning.  I ventured out wearing a short brown knit jacket, jeans, and black thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  I also took some time to put on some light makeup, which is almost as much fun as wearing heels.

post-530-0-37086000-1418241530_thumb.jpg

The first stop was the court house to ask why they sent me a tax bill for $0.00.  I parked on the street near the courthouse and walked across the street and into the building.  I got a couple of looks but I kept a smile on and ignored them.   The clerks don't care what you wear as long as you have all the paperwork they want.  I headed back out to my car to do some shopping.

I headed out to Sam's to get a few items.  The staff greeted me with waves and "Hi"s.  I wandered around for a while the headed to the checkout.  The clerk, who knows me, commented that the jacket looked nice.  I thanked her and headed out to the car but not before chipping $1 into the Salvation Army red kettle.  It's always fun seeing the expression on the bell ringers face when a guy in stiletto heeled boots makes a contribution.  The expression usually changes from "Well there's another one"  to "Oh God, he's coming this way" to surprise when I put the money in the kettle and then thanks.

I headed to a WallMart super store and picked up a couple of items and headed for the register.  Of course there was a line and the lady in front of me offered to let me go ahead of her.  I thanked her but told her I wasn't in a hurry.  I saw that she had glanced at mu boots a couple of times so I said, "I dont come here if I'm in a hurry and I don't wear these if I'm in a hurry".  That got a laugh and chatted untill it was her turn at the register.  I put another $1 in the WallMart Salvation Army bell ringer's red bucket and got a similar reaction to the one I got at Sam's.  The reactions are worth the $1 but it also might change the bell ringers opinion of guys wearing stiletto heeled boots. :cheeky:  

Out in the parking lot the lady was parked next to my car and she was loading her stuff as I walked up.

She replied, "Oh that must have been fun, I have enough trouble and mine are only 2" (block).  I'm not going to ask why you were running".

"I had dropped a twenty".

We finished loading our cars and she asked, "Can I get your picture"?  I struck a pose  and she said "You look fabulous!  Turn around let me get the back".

We bid each other a good day and I headed to a Remkee's market.

At Remkee's I headed for the Deli, which was in the back of the store.  The clerk saw me coming and put on a real bubbly smile and ask me what I wanted.  She really seemed enthused to be talking to me.  It turned out what I wanted was in a different department  to which she directed me.

The last stop was at Lowe's home improvement to return an item I didn't need.  The clerk also seemed bubbly and glad to talk to me.

All in all a fun outing.

JeffB, Shafted - Thanks for the kind words.

Hey, TBG! Our dishwasher died a couple of months ago and we haven't found anything in the $1 price range yet! I'll offer you $2 if you deliver the one you fixed (wearing thighboots, of course!) - you can double your money. Not everday you have a chance to do that. What say?

:biggrin:

Steve

Steve

Thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass even though it presents an opportunity to travel a bit in thigh boots.  However, I can offer a great deal on a 1988 vintage Kitchen Aid Dishwasher for which parts are no longer available, and I'll help you load it wearing thigh boots.

TBG

Today as destined to be a boring day (dentist appointment) so I decided to make as good a day as I could.  I decided to go out wearing a heavy long sweater, a black skirt, grey leggings, a long leather coat, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  I also put on some light makeup including mascara and eye liner.

post-530-0-96906600-1418334781_thumb.jpg

My first stop was the Guitar Center to pick up a microphone (used Sterling ST51) they had for me.  These folks deal with musicians all day and expect oddities now and them.  While I was there I played a Martin D35 and just loved the sound :pulsingheart: .  I doubt if I will ever have the extra money to buy one and my DCPA4 sounds real good. 

When I left the store I took off the leather coat because the sweater was keeping me warm enough. 

post-530-0-40915500-1418334803_thumb.jpg

I headed for a thrift store where I found a Nine West red leather jacket for $6.  I'm going to have fun with this jacket.  While I was shopping a lady walked passed me and said, "I love your boots".

I replied, "Thanks, folks either love them or hate them".  I got a nice smile in return.

I stopped at Remkee's market for an item.  I walked in with the sweater pulled up a few inches to more fully expose my skirt.  No one batted an eye and the folks were more than helpful.

I stopped at Walgreen's for an item and again no one batted an eye.

Lastly I went to the dentist and sat in the waiting area for 10 minutes.  When I went into the office, the assistant sat me in the chair and got me ready.  The dentist came in and did his thing and reminded me not to bite my lip (since it was numb).  It appears I was just another patient, even though I was in thigh boots, a skirt, and wearing makup.

This was a good outing even if it wound up with a boring event.

Here are a couple pictures of the red jacket.  In the first one I'm wearing my pumps with an 1/8" block heel (flats).

post-530-0-82875700-1418334814_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-71040200-1418334833_thumb.jpg

Hey there, TBG! Looking good as usual. Your sense of style is an inspiration to lots of folks here, myself included.

TBG,

Thanks but I'll pass on the 1988 KA dishwasher. We already have one of those and found out there are no parts available. So we're faced with buying a new one, too. Not sure if the wife would settle for a used one, even at $2! LOL But thanks for the offer!

Steve

I heard an interesting line on the radio today that got me thinking, "You only have freedom as you use it".  I thought you only have the freedom to dress as you like if you do it.

I needed a gallon of milk so that was my excuse for going out and I found a collection of long skirts that I had forgotten so I decided to wear one.  I chose a long dark gray knit with a knee high slit, a pink knit shirt, my new red leather jacket and my black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  The slit came to the top of my boots and I wore the slit in front of my left leg so the full boot would show as I walked.  

post-530-0-36524900-1418507365_thumb.jpg

I also put on some light makeup including mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick.  The lipstick is the same shade as my lips so there is only a little more sheen visible but I don't have any problems with dry chapped lips.

post-530-0-22239600-1418507376_thumb.jpg

I first stopped at my favorite thrift where I found a couple music CDs.  There was a new person at the register and the regular clerk (who knows me) let her take care of me.  She was a little surprised and I don't think she was approving. 

Next I went to Remkee's market and took my time wandering around.  The long skirt seemed to draw more attention than I normally get with a short skirt and leggings.  No one said anything but I did get more looks.

When I'm not out wearing my thigh boots, I'm either wearing my pumps with ⅛" block heel (flats) or a pair of knee high boots, as pictures.  I also wanted to post a better picture of my new red leather jacket which has become a favorite.

post-530-0-93224400-1418594769_thumb.jpg

Awesome look, TBG! You absolutely must wear a pair of stiletto thigh boots with that outfit. Love it, love it, love it!

I totally agree with Shafted and mtnsofheels, stilettos would add a fantastic edge, not just taller boots but also a nice pair of ankle-boots or even shoe-boots too. Certainly black though perhaps with some metallic detailing to make a feature of the heels without detracting from the jacket. The jacket's also smart enough to be worn over a collared shirt and with formal trousers, striaght-leg or maybe bootcut. Whatever you choose to wear would certaimly be deserving of any compliments you get.

If you like it, wear it.

Guys, thanks for the comments.  Unfortunately I don't have a pair of knee high boots with stiletto heels.  I didn't start wearing stilettos until I got them on a pair of thigh boots, and I remember wondering if I could ever wear them.  Anyway, I have worn my thigh boots at knee high length before, but rather than that I pulled out a pair of short boots with silver trim on the side and a slender heel.  Not quite stilettos but close.  I paired them with the red leather jacket and went to the pharmacy.

post-530-0-32967100-1418667280_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-73037400-1418667332_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-29753700-1418667339_thumb.jpg

At the pharmacy I traded cat stories with one of the clerks and lady customers.  I also noticed a woman customer looking down her nose at my boots.

I went to my favorite thrift store and found a pair of Stewart Weissman ankle boots with a low stiletto heel in a size 11 for $8.  Unfortunately they were way too tight so I passed on them , but not without serious consideration.

That outfit would work well even with thigh boots, TBG.

I ran out to Sam's this morning for a few staple items and following Shafted's comment, I wore black leggings, a pink T-shirt, my new red leather jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  The temperature was 32F (0C) so the jacket and boots were comfortable.  I also just got around to putting in cushioned insoles in my boots.  This added to the comfort in wearing them. :sing:

post-530-0-16360300-1418840107_thumb.jpg

At Sam's I got hellos and waves from the staff and even got a hug from one of the managers.  One of the other managers, seeing me get the hug, opened up and starting chatting with me about her family.  As I was browsing around the store I noticed a guy with a cell phone camera pointing my way and I gave him a very straight look.  A minute later he flagged me down and said, "Excuse me, I don't mean to be rude but I just told my wife what you were wearing and she said to sneak a picture of you for her.  I don't want to do that but, do you mind if I take your picture?"

" I don't mind at all" and I struck a pose (much like the picture).  "Make sure you get the heels".  He stepped back a bit.

A few minutes later I caught up with him and said, "Make sure you tell her to get a pair".  This got a genuine belly laugh from him and he said he sure would.

It was a fun shopping trip.

The water feed line for my $1 dishwasher had a bad washer which was an integral part of the fitting so replacing the line was my only option.  I headed out to Home Depot then Lowes wearing the same outfit I wore in my last outing.

post-530-0-16360300-1418840107_thumb.jpg

I took my time in Home Depot but couldn't find the part.  Turns out they did have it but they were out of stock.  I then headed to Lowes and again took my time and selected the wrong part.  When I got home and discovered my error it was too late to go back and exchange it.

Today I went back to Lowes to exchange the line wearing a grey knit dress with a belt, black leggings, my red leather jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.   

post-530-0-26207500-1418919846_thumb.jpg

The gal at the exchange counter asked me if my sweater (dress) was one piece or was the skirt separate.  She said she had seen sweaters with a separate skirt and liked the look.  I told her my was all one piece.  I took my time and got the right part this time.  At the register, the gal running it seemed genuinely  glad I was at her register.  I saw her noticing my boots and said, "It finally cool enough to wear these".

She said, "Oh the boots, I really like them".

I thanked her and headed out to my car and home.

I did install the feed line wearing my dress and boots, and although it was fun, I don't recommend this attire as working attire.

I have noticed that gals seem much more receptive to being around a guy wearing a dress and heeled boots than guys do.  I suspect it is a common understanding of the attire, but I'm sure there is more to it than thtat

It was a good start to the day... fun outing and a working dishwasher.