Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I went to Walgreen's in tan leggings a short skirt and black sling back pumps with 4½" stiletto heels. (If a horse throws you off, you get back on again.)

I bought a couple more pair of leggings in black, sky blue and bright red.   I've found I can wear black leggings by themselves, but (not being as adventurous as w6ish with his skintight jeans) colored ones require a skirt or shorts.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I'm going to have to think about how to wear these new leggings.  The packaging graphic offers this suggestion:

Not having red pumps, I tries the black sling backs.

:wavey:

Geo - Have you gotten a pair of thigh boots yet?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hey there, TBG! That was a most interesting outfit you sported. As for what to wear with leggings, a stonewash denim skirt would work well with black leggings, providing proper contrast. Sky blue? Hmm! How about a gray skirt, as for red, perhaps a black skirt. As with everything, it's all about experimenting, trying as many combinations as possible to put together a proper outfit that looks good for the environment you wear it in. I sometimes spend close to a couple of hours experimenting with tops, bottoms and shoes to put together outfits, and it's great fun, oh, yeah, I take notes too. That might help. Good luck!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I went to Kroger's this morning wearing a short denim skirt and my Tony U crotch high boots with 5" stiletto heels.  Walking in these boots is a very different experience than my Ellie's 8899 boots.  The shaft height has nothing to do with the different feeling, walking in the Tony boots is just hard.  The Tony boots don't have the same arch support and the shoe geometry is different enough that I feel like I'm tottering on my heels.  It really took concentration to walk on these heels, and having a shopping cart, at least  at the beginning of the shopping trip, was a real help.

In the store I wandered around a good bit and no one seemed to take much notice.

post-530-0-29126400-1411308273_thumb.jpg post-530-0-64650600-1411308281_thumb.jpg post-530-0-11304500-1411308290_thumb.jpg post-530-0-89690600-1411308298_thumb.jpg

I'm re-referencing the pictures from my last post that seem to not be presenting correctly.

post-530-0-22044000-1411310273_thumb.jpg post-530-0-98978500-1411310282_thumb.jpg

and the packaging recommendation:

post-530-0-94962100-1411310295_thumb.jpg

I was influenced by the packaging graphic (and JeffB's encouragement to wear pumps) so I put on a T-shirt that matched my pumps, a little eye makeup, and headed out to Sam's for a few items. 

I had to ask a clerk where an item was but I managed to get the slowest clerk I have ever seen.  I got to stand around for 15 minutes only to find out it was out of stock (but the standing around was fun).

post-530-0-27512200-1411327408_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-93124100-1411327418_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-62325500-1411327428_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-97300800-1411327437_thumb.jpg

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hi TBG,

Love the outfit with the denim skirt & the Tony boots - you look really good. Shame to hear that they're a bit hard to walk in as they look absolutely stunning.

I use a similar kind of look with Topshop 'Barley' boots & denim shorts with shiny black leggings. Not promising, but I'll see if I can get a couple of pics done...

Hey there, TBG! Regarding the outfit you wore today, that was just the leggings, right? No skirt or shorts? Impressive!

I wore my Tony-U crotch high boots to Home Depot this afternoon.  I was also wearing denim shorts and a sleeveless moch turtleneck shirt.  I got a couple of looks.  As I passed one of the sales associates (young black girl) she gave me a top to bottom look.  I just smiled and said, "There fun."  I got a noce laugh.

I stopped in my favorite store and was greeted warmly as I walked in.  I foung a couple of CDs to add to my collection.

I went to Krogers bright and early this morning wearing my Tony-U crotch high boots with 5" stiletto heels, denim shorts, black hose, and a short denim jacket.  Several of the staff went out of their way to greet me with a cherry "Good Morning" and several inquired about how my friend was doing (which is very well).  The trip was uneventful.  I ran around the neighborhood  after I got home in the same outfit but I changed the boots for flats (I had a lot of walking to do). 

post-530-0-01852200-1411735101_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-95933400-1411735108_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-70432200-1411736145_thumb.jpg

Hey there, TBG! I'd say you did well with both outfits. There are times when flats work better than heels, depending on your activity, or the outfit you wear them with. I've fully embraced wearing flats, sometimes, I prefer them to heels.

I went to Home Depot wearing black leggings, a short denim skirt, a red short sleeved T-shirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

post-530-0-88496300-1408746028_thumb.jpg

(Picture from a prior outing.)

I wandered around looking for a florescent shop lighting fixture.  I found it on the bottom shelf at floor level.  I didn't bend over to get the light, rather I went down on one knee (remember I was wearing a very short skirt).  On the way to the register one of the staff (middle aged lady) exclaimed, "Where did you get your boots?"

"You can get them at Amazon."

"Figures... I don't have a computer.  I just love them though."

I went on to the register and had a very cherry clerk that took my attire in stride.  I took my fixture out to my car then went back inside to look for the staffer.  She saw me and called out, "You were just in here,  I really a jealous of your boots."

I suspected she was really interested in getting a pair so I gave her style numbers and manufacturers to look for.  She wrote it all down and said she had a friend that could look it up for her.  She asked about sizing and I recommended getting a size larger than she normally wears.  She thanked me for the information and I told her to enjoy her new boots.

I headed over to a Remkees market for a couple of items.  I took my time and enjoyed the shopping.

It was a fun outing.

I couldn't quite understand the modesty thing TBG. Many including myself wear leggings without skirts (as I am right now).

I must admit I'm not a big fan of the skirt with leggings look. But if it's what you want, go for it. There is certainly nothing wrong with it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I had an hour and a half long dental appointment for a crown.  I wore a blue T-shirt over a black cotton dress, black leggings, and black leather thigh bots with 5¼" stilettos.  I also put on some mascara and eyeliner.  No one batted an eye or said a word.  You'd think a guy came in like that every day.

The next stop was Walgreens to pick up a prescription.  Again no one batted an eye.

The last stop was the vet.  One of the gals at the desk had on a pair of almost knee high boots with 2-3" block heels.  I complemented her on the nice boots.  Somehow the clerk messed up my payment, the resolution of which had me on the phone with the bank and spending another fifteen minutes at the vet.  As I was leaving I told the gal wearing boots that she should get a pair like mine.  This caused the other three clerks to look over the counter at my boots.  I think this was the first time they had noticed what I had been wearing in their hospital for the past four months.  The gal said she was too short to wear a pair like mine.   I'll encourage her the next time I'm at the vet.

I grabbed a couple of pictures.  The hem of the dress, which is hard to see, is just at the end of my fingers.

post-530-0-52000900-1412284544_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-57607200-1412284536_thumb.jpg

I went to the nail Salon this morning to get my guitar picks (four nails on my right hand) filled in.  I wore a purple T-shirt, dark suntan hose, high wasted denim shorts, a high wasted denim jacket, and black thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

The Salon session took about an hour (mostly waiting) and the place was packed.  I got a couple of glances but no more than a gal wearing stilettoed thigh boots would have gotten from the other gals.

On the way home I stopped at a thrift store and found a couple of CDs then crossed the street to a bakery.  As I was walking up the sidewalk to the bakery, I heard mumbling from a passing car then a guy drawled out, "Please put on some longer pants."  I ignored them, but that was the first time I had ever heard that one.

post-530-0-13264800-1412356432_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-65396000-1412356439_thumb.jpg

Hey there, TBG! Nice outfits! "Please put on some longer pants"? Well now, that's darn sure different! HA!

Yesterday I had to do a roofing job on a low roof.  I wore a colored T-short, black leggings,  a short denim skort, and brown flats.  This turned out to be more of a project than I had anticipated in that I had to replace a lot of the wood supporting the roof.  The real issue was climbing up and down the ladder all day.  Being a long time heel wearer, my legs were in good shape for the ladder work, but my legs are still sore.

After the roof work I got cleaned up and went to Walgreen's and I did wear my thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  Let's just say that walking was done slowly and balance was carefully done.

Today I returned a package of shingles to the roofing supply warehouse.  I wore a red T-shirt, a red suede blazer, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  I'm sure they had never seen a guy in thigh boots before.  I'm pretty sure one of the customers was busy his cell phone camera.  I spent some time wandering through the displays, It's always fun to see the specialized tools of the trade.

I then went to WallMart for a couple of items.  The only gawkers were a couple of kids in the checkout line.

There is a Payless in the area so I stopped in.  The manager, who had previously sold me my flats had never seen me in thigh boots.  She exclaimed, "WOW aren't you dressed in style.  I just love them."

I replied, "I like boots and heels, and these combine both nicely."

"I just love over the knee boots, I have three pair."  About this time another customer came in who occupied her time.  I tried on a pair of size 12 boots but they were just too tight.

It has been a fun couple of days.

I went out this afternoon wearing denim shorts and suntan hose, a red T-shirt, mascara, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  This is the middle of October and the temperature was near 80F (have we messed up this planet or what).

The first stop was a thrift store where I found two new lambskin leather coats in my size for $5.95 each.  What a great find for the coming winter.  When I got home I packaged up a couple of old leather coats to donate to a thrift store.  The staff greeted me like a welcomed customer and commented that I had gotten a great bargain.

The next stop was Remke's grocery where I wandered all the isles looking for a couple of items.  I could have gone directly to them but wandering around was more fun.

The last stop was Walgreen's for a prescription refill.

At all the stops I was treated like any other customer (that has odd taste in footwear).  I grabbed some pictures on the way home.

post-530-0-11965200-1413250575_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-46738700-1413250585_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-38601800-1413250597_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-99585200-1413250611_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-82023400-1413250620_thumb.jpg

Nice pics there, TBG. You do make shorts work well with your thigh boots. The weather here has been on quite the rollercoaster of late, cool one day, warm the next. Keep on keeping on, my friend!

Nice photos TBG. Most people would see a contrast between male and female but, having become accustomed to your bold outfits, I saw more of a contrast between quite an urban fashion style and rural surroundings. I guess I'm saying that even if a woman wore that outfit in those surroundings she'd turn a few heads, so sometimes it can be just a boldness thing and not a gender thing at all.

If you like it, wear it.

Folks:

Thanks for all the kind words.

Nice photos TBG. Most people would see a contrast between male and female but, having become accustomed to your bold outfits, I saw more of a contrast between quite an urban fashion style and rural surroundings. I guess I'm saying that even if a woman wore that outfit in those surroundings she'd turn a few heads, so sometimes it can be just a boldness thing and not a gender thing at all.

I think for most of the places I frequent, the people I see have become accustomed to seeing me in thigh boots.  Thats part of what makes wearing them so easy.  As for being in a rural surroundings, I didn't mean to convay that impression.  The pictures are taken in a local city park that often has a bunch of folks wandering around which is not really a rural setting.  I know some guys like to go out into the country side with no traffic and wander around wearing thigh boots.  This is not what I'm doing at all.  I have a large number of places in the city where I am very comfortable going while wearing thigh boots and people have become accustomed to seeing me wearing them.

This was a fun day.

I played guitar at a church thrift store this morning wearing a salmon T-shirt, black leggings, a black leather jacket, and black leather OTK boots with a flat heel.

After the gig, I want shopping wearing a olive drab green knit dress that has a very full collar, black leggings, a long black lambskin cost, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.  Being a failed draft dodger, I never thought I would enjoy wearing OD green after my 19 month and 3 day Army career but I really enjoyed this outfit.  

post-530-0-97213900-1413657807_thumb.jpg

The first stop was Wallgreen's to pick up a prescription.  I got a nice complement on the leather coat from the gal at the cosmetics counter.

The next stop was at a thrift store that I frequent.  One of the ladies that normally works the front counter greeted me and said she hadn't me for a long time.

"I've been in a couple of times."

"I must have been working in the back, It's good to see you, give me a hug."  I got a nice hug from her. "Have you put together your winter wardrobe yet?"

"I got this cost here a couple of days ago."

"Oh, that looks nice... It really goes with your outfit."

An older guy chimed in, "That does look nice."  This floored me.

I finished checking out and bid everyone a good day.

The  last stop was Sam's.   I had a shopping list but took my time wandering around and just enjoyed being out and about.  One of the gals, that was giving out free samples, knows me well and her eyes got real big when she saw me and exclaimed, "I just love your coat!"

I thanked her and continued wandering around, finally heading for the checkout.  The lady at the register knows me well and was almost bubbly with her greeting.

Like I said, I really enjoyed wearing this outfit.

Wow! That dress looked awesome, TBG! And it worked to perfection with your coat and thigh boots! Outstanding, my friend! You really hit the ball out of the park with that outfit! Bravo!

I stopped in Wallmart this afternoon wearing a black leather jacket over a T-shirt, black leggings and black leather thigh boots with 5 1/4/" stiletto heels.

No one seemed to notice even though I had to kneel down, blocking an isle and a customer, for a minute.  I appologized for blocking the isle and got a polite, "Thats Ok" reply.

It really did seem like no one noticed at all. :penitent:

I stopped in Wallmart this afternoon wearing a black leather jacket over a T-shirt, black leggings and black leather thigh boots with 5 1/4/" stiletto heels.

No one seemed to notice even though I had to kneel down, blocking an isle and a customer, for a minute.  I appologized for blocking the isle and got a polite, "Thats Ok" reply.

It really did seem like no one noticed at all. :penitent:

Very interesting, TBG! It's been awhile since my one and only outing in the long shirt/sweater, leggings and boots combo. I'll have to see about giving that ensemble a try again soon. Should make for a fun outing.

I needed to run out for a few items from Walgreen's and Kroger's.  I wore black leggings, a short leather skirt, a red pointed cut top over a black sleeveless top and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.

post-530-0-33047400-1414502864_thumb.jpg

The shopping was uneventful.  The folks at Walgreen's know me well and greeter me warmly.  At Kroger's, I took my time wandering around and had a good time shopping.

I stopped for a couple of pictures and as I was loading the tripod back into the car a guy walking his dog came by and bid me a good morning and we chatted about what a beautiful day it was.

Great start for a day.  

post-530-0-56158200-1414502846_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-58428200-1414502874_thumb.jpg

Hey there, TBG! That was a most intriguing outfit you wore on your latest outing, and yes, you wore it well.

I had to go to a doctor's office to pick up a written prescription and then take it to the pharmacy.  I headed out wearing a lime green T-shirt, black leggings, a black leather jacket and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos. 

The doctor's office as a non event. I didn't pay any attention to anyone and they ignored me.  At Walgreen's I ran into one of the ladies that runs the cosmetic counter. She greeted me with, "Hi there, and Oh those are my favorite boots."

"Well you're just going to have to get a pair."

"I've been thinking about it."

"There available on Amazon.  There are two suppliers and both use the same model number, 8899."

"I'll have to look."

I went to Sam's on Halloween wearing a mauve knit sleeveless dress with a belt, black leggings, a long black leather coat, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼ " stiletto heels.  It was not my intention to "dress for Halloween", it just happened to be the day I went to the store.  I did notice a couple other folks "dressed for Halloween" but all of their outfits  were in the big wig, long cape vain.

post-530-0-97213900-1413657807_thumb.jpg

This is a previously posted picture with a similar green knit dress, but same coat and boots.

I took my time selecting my items and just had a good time walking around.  When I passed a lady, that is one of the food vendors and knows me well, she greeted me with, "Hi... Oh that looks cute."  I thanked her and kept wandering around.  It was a nice and unexpected complement.

I really don't like going out on Halloween because people think what I'm wearing is a costume rather than my everyday wear.