Some of my most recent outfit's

scrappycoco

I figured I would post a few picture's of some of the recent outfit's I have worn and let people Men and Women tell me what they think. So here we go!:)

First outfit some may have seen before but here it is again. It is my dark blue Izod skirt, with nude leggs hose, my black pumps, a white turtle neck and a black mens suit jacket. The though behind this was sort of a dressy casual look combing stuff from both side's of the isle.

The second outfit is me wearing my new women's faded glory jeans, with a light purple shirt, a black tank top underneath the shirt, suntan leggs hose and my black pumps. I wore something similar to this out and about only with 3" heeled boots and a gray shirt in the same style.

My third outfit is just you basic men's kaki pant's, a black shirt, suntan hose and my 2.75" MJ's. I got the idea for this out fit that I seen a women wearing and thought ok I have the pant's the skirt and shoes let me so how it looks for me. I have worn this a few time's and never had anything bad said or had gotten any strange looks.

My fourth outfit is my light purple mens dress shirt, black womens dress pants, suntan hose and my pumps. I have worn this a few diff places mostly to see my new counslar. I am really starting to like her a lot. She is getting more and more comfortable by the visit as far as being able to be me. She has even gotten me to explore color option's in my clothing. Something I have never done before.

Last but not least is an outfit that I think looks good I just have not been brave enough to wear it out and about yet! It consist of a black just below the knee suit skirt, my light purple mens dress shirt, off black hose and yes my pump's. I want to wear this to an office visit with my counslar soon. It has just been way too cold to do that right now.

Well those are 5 of my most recent thought's let me know what everyone thinks!

http://www.hhplace.org/attachments/everybody/9616d1273408427-ok_need_little_help_what_wear_my_new_heel_s-p5095317.jpg

http://www.hhplace.org/attachments/everybody/9624d1273596453-ok_need_little_help_what_wear_my_new_heel_s-007.jpg

Ok due to the fact that I have 2 picture on here already they had to be posted as link's. So that put's them out of order! Sorry people.:lmao:

post-18403-133522931707_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522931724_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522931742_thumb.jpg

You look great in trousers but not in a skirt. [Personal opinion]Personally I think if you're going to wear a skirt you will be better off either "going all the way" or doing away with the heels. I always think that a guy who's femme from the waist down looks a bit absurd like something out of monty Python.[/personal opinion]

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

"You look great in trousers but not in a skirt."(Dr.Shoe)

I have to agree with Dr. Shoe. You look better in pants and high heels than in a skirt. You look more comfortable, natural, and stylish in pants and high heels. But, and I try to be totally open-minded about everything. But it just doesn't see right wearing an NFL football jersey and high heels. That's just me.

No offence bud but Shiny patent stilettos really dont go with your shape. In fact they dont go well with hardly any guys shape for that matter. The football shirt too is a big "uh uhhhhhhhhh, no way".. I guess in the same way a suit and sneakers dont match...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

My own opinion is if you are going to wear a skirt, wear a nicer top to go with it.......and a football jersey doesn't belong in the same room as stilettos. Other than that - not too shabby!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

"You look great in trousers but not in a skirt."(Dr.Shoe)

I have to agree with Dr. Shoe. You look better in pants and high heels than in a skirt. You look more comfortable, natural, and stylish in pants and high heels. But, and I try to be totally open-minded about everything. But it just doesn't see right wearing an NFL football jersey and high heels. That's just me.

I guess my thought behind that outfit was this. I have seen a few women out and about in jeans just about the same color wearing a football jearsy. Most of the time they are wearing boots witch I don't think looks bad at all. I will say those heels in that picture I did not wear out with that out fit I ended up wearing a pair of my MJ's with that. Maybe should have worn boots. Who know's!

You look great in trousers but not in a skirt.

[Personal opinion]Personally I think if you're going to wear a skirt you will be better off either "going all the way" or doing away with the heels. I always think that a guy who's femme from the waist down looks a bit absurd like something out of monty Python.[/personal opinion]

Most of the time when I wear a skirt I don't wear heel's since most of my skirts are just a regular jean skirts! I do have a biz suit skirt and the dark denem skirt that I feel you should wear heels with. I have had mixed feeling's about wearing skirts and heels. I am just trying to find the right look and combo. One thing I will never do is try to pass my self off as a women. That is not what I am trying to do. I am trying to find a way to be able to combine the best of both worlds!

My own opinion is if you are going to wear a skirt, wear a nicer top to go with it.......and a football jersey doesn't belong in the same room as stilettos. Other than that - not too shabby!

Ya I would never wear the stilettos with something like that. The shoes in question with the football jersey are my rampage t-straps. The are more of a not so formal heel. If you look at the one picture of me in my black skirt I am wearing a men's dress shirt! I do have a black jacket to go with that skirt just didn't have it on.

Ok so here are some of the thought's behind some of the outfit's. The one out fit with the men's jeans and shinny pumps I will admit does not look right. The jeans don't go right. Now the other picture of me in the dark colored women's jeans and purple shirt with the shinny pumps on was something that both of my girl's put together for me and they both thought I looked great. My oldest who is 15 said that in her oppinion every thing went together great. Now the one of me in the black skirt and shinny pumps again was something that my girls helped me put together. I will admit it looks alot better with the jacket on and the shirt buttoned all the way up. My girls are even the ones that said I should wear some sort of colored hose with that skirt instead of my normal nude or suntan. I have had a few of the women that I know that has said that they think I look really good in the shinny pumps. although they have never seen me wear them with a skirt. I have also read where a few people have said that I seem more confident wearing jeans or pants than a skirt. Not to sound mean but I guess I would since that is all I have ever worn all my life. I am trying to find some way to add skirt's into my wordrobe of mens clothing with out trying to pass my self off as a women, since that is not my intent. My intent and though is to do just like women do and take something from there side of the isle and put it with something from my side and make it work looking like a man and not a women.

Wear "female"tops but as a guy.I do it and it works.Do not wear fake parts and so on and pick models that have no cups.Act as a man and thus you will achieve what I also try to do - equal fashion options between the genders, while still remaining a male and not a female impersonator (no offense to those people).

You look great in trousers but not in a skirt.

[Personal opinion]Personally I think if you're going to wear a skirt you will be better off either "going all the way" or doing away with the heels. I always think that a guy who's femme from the waist down looks a bit absurd like something out of monty Python.[/personal opinion]

I tend to agree but try and keep an open mind. On the other hand I'm sure there are people who'd say a pair of heels on a guy looks ridiculous no matter what he's wearing with them. It's all about that point on the great curve of life we're personally comfortable with when the day is over.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Most of the time when I wear a skirt I don't wear heel's since most of my skirts are just a regular jean skirts! I do have a biz suit skirt and the dark denem skirt that I feel you should wear heels with. I have had mixed feeling's about wearing skirts and heels. I am just trying to find the right look and combo. One thing I will never do is try to pass my self off as a women. That is not what I am trying to do. I am trying to find a way to be able to combine the best of both worlds!

Honest data should be taken in stride objectively when solicited.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

• 9 months later...

Well I figure I would toss out a few updates just to let everyone know where I am at as far a figuring out a style that works for me. I have read a lot where people here say I just don't look as confident wearing a skirt as a do with jeans. After doing some discussing with a few very close people to me that are all women they all agree that I just don't look as confident wearing a skirt as I do in pants of some sort. Like one said "even for me as a women it takes a great deal of confidence to wear a skirt because you are exposing more of your self to the world." She did go on to say that I have the legs to pull off wearing a skirt if I wanted to, but it's all about your confidence level and comfort level. I guess my style is to stick with more stylized womens pants and jeans. Of late I have been wearing jeans that have a little more style to them but they are not too over the top. I have been trying more of the low rise style of jeans as I really like wear they sit on my waist and the make my body look way more proportioned. I am at a point now where that is about all I wear is womens jeans mainly because I can not stand the way mens fit me. I have a really hard time finding mens jeans that fit me right because of how think my thigh's are and hate to say it how curvy my butt is :smile:. When I get a chance I will try to post a picture or two of my new sense of style. I really want to thank everyone for there honest onppion's on thing's. I don't want anyone to think I take offense to things because I don't I take what everyone says in stride because in the end I feel we all have are own sense of style and there are just certain styles of clothing be it menswear or womens wear that just does not work for certain people.:smile:

Well said scrappycoco. While I love wearing stilettos, wearing other items of female clothing (not including hosiery) is outside my comfort zone as well. I am also considering womens jeans, but just because they will be a better cut for kneehigh and thighhigh boots. I'm perfectly happy being known as "that guy in stilettos". If you think about it it's 100% accurate whether it is used positively or negatively. It perfectly conveys the desription of the way I present myself. You my friend have to ask yourself what is the image of yourself you want to present the world. Be honest with yourself. I for one go for the look that gives me the greatest amount of self confidence. That's what drives my look. I read your thread on your heeling adventures. It was an excellent read. Your progression in fashion was a real journey. You discovered some fundimental truths. I think you have discovered the crossroad that everyone eventually come to. Dress for self confidence my friend. That how you pull off a look. If it's something you are not 100% comfortable wearing, don't bother with it. That discomfort will show. Not every guy can pull off a skirt in my book, nor stilettos for that matter. I think you have reached the pinnicle of experimentation with various looks. I think it's time to decide the image you want to project to the world and I don't have to tell you which one it is. We both know.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Well said scrappycoco. While I love wearing stilettos, wearing other items of female clothing (not including hosiery) is outside my comfort zone as well. I am also considering womens jeans, but just because they will be a better cut for kneehigh and thighhigh boots. I'm perfectly happy being known as "that guy in stilettos". If you think about it it's 100% accurate whether it is used positively or negatively. It perfectly conveys the desription of the way I present myself.

You my friend have to ask yourself what is the image of yourself you want to present the world. Be honest with yourself.

I for one go for the look that gives me the greatest amount of self confidence. That's what drives my look.

I read your thread on your heeling adventures. It was an excellent read. Your progression in fashion was a real journey. You discovered some fundimental truths. I think you have discovered the crossroad that everyone eventually come to.

Dress for self confidence my friend. That how you pull off a look. If it's something you are not 100% comfortable wearing, don't bother with it. That discomfort will show. Not every guy can pull off a skirt in my book, nor stilettos for that matter.

I think you have reached the pinnicle of experimentation with various looks. I think it's time to decide the image you want to project to the world and I don't have to tell you which one it is. We both know.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It has been a real uphill battle. I have had more than one women try to talk me into wearing more skirts than pants. Her quote was "You have great legs why hide them?" My response back was "so do you. why are you?" To which she said she just was not comfortable in a skirt. I said neither am I. It was over at that. I have I think found a look that works well for me! By wearing the low rise jeans it give's my body more proportion. See the attached picture.

post-18403-133522958984_thumb.jpg

Well I figure I would toss out a few updates just to let everyone know where I am at as far a figuring out a style that works for me. I have read a lot where people here say I just don't look as confident wearing a skirt as a do with jeans. After doing some discussing with a few very close people to me that are all women they all agree that I just don't look as confident wearing a skirt as I do in pants of some sort. Like one said "even for me as a women it takes a great deal of confidence to wear a skirt because you are exposing more of your self to the world." She did go on to say that I have the legs to pull off wearing a skirt if I wanted to, but it's all about your confidence level and comfort level. I guess my style is to stick with more stylized womens pants and jeans. Of late I have been wearing jeans that have a little more style to them but they are not too over the top. I have been trying more of the low rise style of jeans as I really like wear they sit on my waist and the make my body look way more proportioned. I am at a point now where that is about all I wear is womens jeans mainly because I can not stand the way mens fit me. I have a really hard time finding mens jeans that fit me right because of how think my thigh's are and hate to say it how curvy my butt is ...

^ I like your comments here and they are pretty close in line with how I am. I pretty much exclusively wear womens jeans and women's shorts as they fit me far better than men's equivalent items. I have the legs for skirts and such, but its just not me, and I don't think I could ever have the confidence to pull it off. I agree with some others' comments and feel its a real challenge to pull off "man" from the waist up and "woman" from the waist down sort look that comes from wearing a skirt. I think a few around here have managed to pull it off, but don't think I will ever be able to do that with confidence, so I will stick with what I have been doing, it works well for me.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It has been a real uphill battle. I have had more than one women try to talk me into wearing more skirts than pants. Her quote was "You have great legs why hide them?" My response back was "so do you. why are you?" To which she said she just was not comfortable in a skirt. I said neither am I. It was over at that. I have I think found a look that works well for me! By wearing the low rise jeans it give's my body more proportion. See the attached picture.

I would wear those jeans with are more fitted top than what you are wearing there. This is a lot easier to do with a nice tee. Perhap one that picks up on your shoe color. This kind of creates the need for buying favorite styles in many colors.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Scrapy, personally I like the way you pull off skirt and heels - what I do not like is the men's upper clothing.You look great in a skirt (apart form the above mentioned fact - I wear non-male upper clothing as a guy,there are some members that have pictures like that also) and remeber - most women would probably discourage you since they see their fashion freedom as an advantage compared to men's limitted one and would hardly encourage you because that intimidates their fashion asset in the war of the sexes that is ongoing.

I would wear those jeans with are more fitted top than what you are wearing there. This is a lot easier to do with a nice tee. Perhap one that picks up on your shoe color. This kind of creates the need for buying favorite styles in many colors.

I can agree with what u are saying. If I was a bit on the thinner side I may consider a bit of a tighter shirt, but I'm just a tad to big for that at this time. That is a style that I think works very well for me.

I can agree with what u are saying. If I was a bit on the thinner side I may consider a bit of a tighter shirt, but I'm just a tad to big for that at this time. That is a style that I think works very well for me.

Dude, you are not as big around the middle as that shirt makes you look. I know. Iv'e been there done that.

• 4 months later...

I would just like to say that I have started a blog that talks about everything from my life, to my style, to just about anything I want. I would really like to have some people to talk to on my blog. If you would like to check it out take a look at it and please join.

www.nomorehiding-blogspot.co

Hope to see some of you all there

I've just read through your thread. I hesitate to comment, because, well, it's not a problem I've ever encountered. But if you don't get on with men's fit trousers and you don't want to be a woman, have you thought of 'going Scottish' and wearing the kilt? I think a man with the right legs looks fabulous in a kilt, and with all those pleats you'd could walk with swagger and confidence. Just a thought.