Spotted these on eBay

dahool

Hi everyone

Today I spotted a very nice pair and I even wanted to buy them but some sniper hit me and took it (as usual on eBay). Now I'm wondering who makes such shoes and where could I get them directly from manufacturer...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&hash=item19c099ec1f&item=110605495327&nma=true&pt=Kleidung_Accessoires_Schuhe_Damenschuhe&rt=nc&si=alR4u0mmTXaKSOrN%252FaeEMgONKwU%253D

Has anyone seen these on the Net?

Cheers,

There are high heels and then there are high heels. And, I really don't like those. They look too clunky to me. One of the features that I really enjoy about wearing women's shoes is that they are very "light" in weight, not :heavy: like most male shoes. That style really looks too clunky and heavy to me. While I'd not refuse them if someone gave a pair to me, they probably wouldn't get much wear.....

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I like them. There is a similar pair in boots that I love. Unfortunatley they have sold out.

[ATTACH]11275[/ATTACH]

I've said before, I'm not a big fan of platforms. However, I think they look better on boots, because there's a lot more material in a boot (even one that just goes up to the ankle) to help offset the bigger platform.

I agree with previous posters: on pumps, where basically your foot is half naked, the large platform just overwhelms, as bubba136 comments very well, "the light weight" a lot of us think a pump should display.

Obviously I'll never make it as a profession in the fashion industry, as my dislike of platforms (particularly platform pumps) is totally opposite of the fact that platforms seem to be very popular with many people.

Honoustly I think they're gorgeous! And I think they are more extreme than the other examples people found, most platforms are less than 6" heel with an almost 2"platform, so effectively not much more than 4"... if these are over 7"with 2"platform it would make over 5" and therefor as a platform a real challenge to walk on! I think a platform like the tribute of YSL with a thinner heel though slightly less high than these are one of the most awesome shoes I know, simple but extremely sexy.... If they were just not that expensive............

...but some sniper hit me and took it (as usual on eBay)...

The sniper did nothing wrong or unusual -- he just bid higher than you. On eBay the winner is the highest bidder, regardless of when they place the bid. It looks like you were probably the 100 Eur bidder, so there were actually 3 people who outbid you.

... On eBay the winner is the highest bidder, regardless of when they place the bid...

I always thought there shouldn't be an absolute end time to an auction, but rather a minimum counteroffer time, say 2-3 minutes. So, if you bid 30 seconds before the scheduled end of an auction, there would still be at least 120-180 seconds that other people could submit a higher bids. Real auctions do that ("going once, going twice, sold"). If was was auctioning items, why would I want to stop an auction that still has people interested in it.

I always thought there shouldn't be an absolute end time to an auction, but rather a minimum counteroffer time, say 2-3 minutes. So, if you bid 30 seconds before the scheduled end of an auction, there would still be at least 120-180 seconds that other people could submit a higher bids. Real auctions do that ("going once, going twice, sold"). If was was auctioning items, why would I want to stop an auction that still has people interested in it.

Would be nice, but think about it from EBay's standpoint. By the time the west coast people are done with supper and get to their computers, 85% of the east coast is in bed. When could the 120-second auciton occur. Thinking about it globally, the problem gets insoluble. I understand the frustration; I've been burned before.

I don't really see those issues. Auction times seem to end all over the clock, I'm not sure I've seen a pattern that has them ending at "East Coast" or "West Coast" time, or even US vs UK time. It would be a simple (conceptually) change that says, "There will always be 2 minutes of time available after the most recent bid to make a counteroffer". What this would directly eliminate would be sniping. I think average ebay users would be happy (certainly dahool would).

"There will always be 2 minutes of time available after the most recent bid to make a counteroffer".

Now THAT is a good idea... I've never had a problem with ebay when buying things, either you know you want it, or you dont, your adult enough to know if you can afford it, so if you can, bid what your willing to pay, and have done with it.

The real problem with ebay is the amount of theives using it. You sell something, and to 9/10 of your buyers, it strangely "Never arrives" hmmm... Yet the same goods sold and dispatched via the same methods via amazon, or our website, always arrive, even when sent second class...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

these are famous shoes from LSB (little shoe box), early 1990´s. i have exact the same pair in uk 9 EU 42. maybe somebody could remember the "wanderheel-story". i sent this pair of shoes through whole germany to some nice ladies, they took a few pictures with the shoes, and sent them to the next...of course, most times, the shoes where far to big for the ladies. apart from our pata... great times... i collected a few pictures from this story...anybody interested? ps. if somebody likes to buy this famous shoes, send me a pm, but please no nonsens! see example-pics

post-7062-133522928205_thumb.jpg

post-7062-13352292821_thumb.jpg

The sniper did nothing wrong or unusual -- he just bid higher than you. On eBay the winner is the highest bidder, regardless of when they place the bid. It looks like you were probably the 100 Eur bidder, so there were actually 3 people who outbid you.

Actually I bid little bit higher. But that's not the point.

The point is who made these shoes. As I contacted the seller, it seems that they were made by Leatherworks London.

Hi everyone

Today I spotted a very nice pair and I even wanted to buy them but some sniper hit me and took it (as usual on eBay). Now I'm wondering who makes such shoes and where could I get them directly from manufacturer...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&hash=item19c099ec1f&item=110605495327&nma=true&pt=Kleidung_Accessoires_Schuhe_Damenschuhe&rt=nc&si=alR4u0mmTXaKSOrN%252FaeEMgONKwU%253D

Has anyone seen these on the Net?

Cheers,

I have a pair very similar to these. I bought them at my local exotic boutique. They are Femme Fetiche brand.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really see those issues. Auction times seem to end all over the clock, I'm not sure I've seen a pattern that has them ending at "East Coast" or "West Coast" time, or even US vs UK time. It would be a simple (conceptually) change that says, "There will always be 2 minutes of time available after the most recent bid to make a counteroffer".

What this would directly eliminate would be sniping. I think average ebay users would be happy (certainly dahool would).

I really like this idea as well, I have lost out on many great deals due to a last minute snipe, and I know how the game works. Don't bid early or you drive up the price, bid in the last 2-3 minutes, overbid if you really want to get something. I have even used some software that ebay snipers use, but I don't trust using that stuff to be honest, so I do the best I can manually.

• 1 month later...

these are famous shoes from LSB (little shoe box), early 1990´s.

i have exact the same pair in uk 9 EU 42.

maybe somebody could remember the "wanderheel-story".

i sent this pair of shoes through whole germany to some nice ladies, they took a few pictures with the shoes, and sent them to the next...of course, most times, the shoes where far to big for the ladies. apart from our pata...

great times...

i collected a few pictures from this story...anybody interested?

ps. if somebody likes to buy this famous shoes, send me a pm, but please no nonsens!

see example-pics

Webhawk, I had no idea that you were behind the Wanderheel thing. I thought it was brilliant. I remember it well.

Thanks,

Ben

I think they're gross quite frankly.

There are high heels and then there are high heels. And, I really don't like those. They look too clunky to me. One of the features that I really enjoy about wearing women's shoes is that they are very "light" in weight, not :heavy: like most male shoes.

That style really looks too clunky and heavy to me. While I'd not refuse them if someone gave a pair to me, they probably wouldn't get much wear.....

I totally agree with both of you - although many members will not! All platform shoes look 'heavy' and often unbalanced to me, especially when the combination of the thick sole and the usually chunky toebox is set against the delicacy of a true stiletto heel. But, given the current predominance and apparent popularity of platform shoes of broadly this style, your opinion does surprise me - is it simply because these shoes, whilst plain enough in appearance, are more extreme than the typical high steet platform court?

That is all very well, but potential bidders cannot realistically be expected to sit around (whatever the time of day) wondering when - or if - the auction will ever end! And the seller is likely to want certainty (and settlement) within a finite period. With a live auction, both the auctioneer and the public can usually detect from the atmosphere in the room how the bidding is going and it will run a fairly predictable course, even if there are some surprising late bids (including those by phone) which significantly increase the hammer price. There is really no way of measuring true interest with an online auction, especially as the potential bidders are not identifiable or even visible.

...That is all very well, but potential bidders cannot realistically be expected to sit around (whatever the time of day) wondering when - or if - the auction will ever end! And the seller is likely to want certainty (and settlement) within a finite period. With a live auction, both the auctioneer and the public can usually detect from the atmosphere in the room how the bidding is going and it will run a fairly predictable course, even if there are some surprising late bids (including those by phone) which significantly increase the hammer price. There is really no way of measuring true interest with an online auction, especially as the potential bidders are not identifiable or even visible.

I disagree. If you get a bid within 2 minutes of a previous bid, that's definite interest. As a seller, I can't imagine my most important concern would be, "I need to have this auction competed by 11:57..." If I'm getting a new bid every two minutes, I'd let the extended auction run for days - it's just more money for me.

On the buyer's side, the biggest potential losers are snipers. But they aren't there to get the bid price as high as possible, rather just to get their bid in as late as possible, so no one can bid above them. That benefits them, but not the seller (who could have gotten more money), or other buyers (who might have offered more if they had time).

I'd think if ebay offered this, a seller would be able to chose of they wanted it (if it's optional), or opt-out (if it's mandatory).

I wouldn't expect to see it though until ebay sales started to go down. This would be a good new feature to add to get back "regular bidders", who may have discouraged because of sniping.