High heel damage

ScoobyHH

Hi all

I came across this thread before about the damage to floors caused by high heels. It takes a bit for the thread to get going but basically the girls didn't seem to care about the damage there shoes did, they told a bloke who had 2.5K damage done to his floor not to worry about it and get a life, one thought it was perfectly acceptable to use her heels to trash her ex boyfriends house, another thought it was fine to kick holes in somebodies walls just because she thought their party was boring.

I think their attitude is terrible, personally I would never allow myself to knowingly damage someone elses property and wondered what the consensus of opinion would be on here.

Do you think the girls are right or is it me that needs to get a life too !!

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/board/stilettos-t220749-45.html

Scooby

They sound like total "bitches", and god help them or anybody I ever catch trying that with my oak floors. high heels are banned in my house for this very reason. One of my cousins came over one wearing heeled boots and she didnt want to take them off, so I told her she could stay the hell outside unless she wanted to cough out £40 p/sqm for new flooring... Even I have 2 pairs of trainers, 1 for outside and 1 for inside...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I am a Member of the 'Female First' Forum and sadly, it is regularly populated (as are many Forums these days), by illiterate teenage idiots, with no morals and nothing to do. Unfortunately for decent folks, this kind of attitude is becoming more and more common in this country, and overseas as well.

Therefore it does not surprise me to read your post. In my opinion, it is the ignorant individuals posting utter rubbish on that Forum who need to get a life, not you.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

The respect for property is taken for granted. Then again, one has to realize what is the normal use of things. If you don't want your oak flooring to be walked on by heels, then you have to take the precautions to protect your investment. That may mean friends and others can't come over, unless they leave their shoes (heels) in a secured closet you have supplied for them before they can proceed to other parts of your dwelling. In places the public has access, the use of wood flooring is going to need replacing or something has to be layed on it that will protect it from the walking traffic. Why people feel they are entitled to do damage to things just because they have a wild hair, an inclination, or they just want to leave a message of sorts is beyond me. This is straight up vandalism.

I couldn't agree more. A friend of mine has has wooden floorboards in her flat that is pitted with countless heels from party goers and her own footwear and she likes it and says that it adds character but I would never wear my heels in a house with wood floors and would offer to take them off.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

As a guest to another persons' home, common sense dictates to respect that persons' property. If you don't then you're a douche and should be thrown out. If I were the guy who had 2500 damage done to my floors and was told o F%$# off by those women, I'd want to get a hold of their hopefully pricey shoes and destroy them. Options would be to grab a hammer and smash them, try and rip off the heel, cut the shoe fabric with a box cutter or just dip them in a dirty toilet.

My floors are all wrecked at home and I don't mind, As someone mentioned above "it adds character.

However I do take care not to damage other peoples property. I Always carry some dance shoe heel tips in my bag in case I'm faced with soft flooring when I'm out and about.

If I know that I'm going to be faced with soft floors then I simply wear a broader heel.

I have to agree that the women in that forum are very probably teenage "Ladettes".

Amanda

:smile:

I'd want to get a hold of their hopefully pricey shoes and destroy them. Options would be to grab a hammer and smash them, try and rip off the heel, cut the shoe fabric with a box cutter or just dip them in a dirty toilet.

Gosh that's really violent!

Gosh that's really violent!

Especially the toilet dipping option lol. And what would you do in such a case Amanda?

There is always the option of making their shoes mysteriously "disappear" like in an episode of Sex and the City but I'd have to convince them to take off their shoes which is unlikely.

Oh well, If I DID have an expensive floor installed sensitive to spiked heel damage, anyone wearing those kind of shoes would have to take them off before walking on it.

I'm banned from the Female First discussion forums until the 18th of May 2010! How, why? I've never been a member or posted there and have only visited because of a couple of links from HHPlace. Anyone else have the same problem when using the link in the first post of this thread? I agree with the adds character view. Our flat has old floorboards which were already scuffed and worn as our flat used to be an Edwardian factory. If I went somewhere and they had a no 'scratchy heels' policy I would happily oblige and take them off.

slightly OT..... my heel wearing have cause marks on my floorboards at home..... i always wonder when my wife will start questioning where all the stilettos heels marks are coming from..... and whether she would assume i'm having an affair :smile:

As a guest to another persons' home, common sense dictates to respect that persons' property. If you don't then you're a douche and should be thrown out.

If I were the guy who had 2500 damage done to my floors and was told o F%$# off by those women, I'd want to get a hold of their hopefully pricey shoes and destroy them. Options would be to grab a hammer and smash them, try and rip off the heel, cut the shoe fabric with a box cutter or just dip them in a dirty toilet.

Any guest invited by you into your home is obliged to conduct themselves

in a manner acceptable to the most basic elements of common courtesy. They do not have the luxury of behaving as they please without concern to their host's expectations.

Your instinct to destroy their shoes is just one release of frustration. Several years ago, we spent a fortune refinishing the floors in our 130 year old home. These wooden floors were the originally laid at the time the house was built. My wife takes extraordinarily good care of them. While I am allowed to wear my rubber tipped stiletto heels anywhere in the house, the three pair of shoes with metal tipped heels that I have, I can't even "think" of wearing them anywhere other than outside of the house or in the rooms that are carpeted wall to wall (mainly bedrooms).

Now, while we do not do an unusual amount of "entertaining," we do have 4 or 5 parties each year. You can rest assured that should one of our guests damage our floors with her heels, I wouldn't have to do anything because my wife would handle the situation. And, I am sure that if she had gotten a response similar to the one mentioned, my wife would immediately consult our family attorney to determine what options for recourse were available.

Even if we were not successful recouping the cost of repair, the legal fees incurred by the young lady defending her actions, would teach her one hell of an expensive lesson. Since our daughter and our son-in- law are our family lawyer for situations such as these, our legal fees would be minimal in comparison.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi all

I came across this thread before about the damage to floors caused by high heels. It takes a bit for the thread to get going but basically the girls didn't seem to care about the damage there shoes did, they told a bloke who had 2.5K damage done to his floor not to worry about it and get a life, one thought it was perfectly acceptable to use her heels to trash her ex boyfriends house, another thought it was fine to kick holes in somebodies walls just because she thought their party was boring.

I think their attitude is terrible, personally I would never allow myself to knowingly damage someone elses property and wondered what the consensus of opinion would be on here.

Do you think the girls are right or is it me that needs to get a life too !!

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/board/stilettos-t220749-45.html

Scooby

There's an old saying that to get respect you must give respect. These females can't even spell respect.:)

Hmm somewhere in between I think, I wouldn't go so far as to say get a life but... Stiletto heels do damage to floors = fact. Vast majority of younger girls wear stilettos down to the nails and never reheel them = fact Don't try and get too much into the psyche of these girls - it just happens, they don't "intend" to damage floors, they just wear their stilettos and damage happens. I'm quite sure if you asked them to remove the heels, they would. Personally (as the owner of 2 trashed floors from exposed stiletto nails) I like it - it adds character and tells stories of many good nights in our house. I've seen girls come through my front door with peeled up stiletto heels and nails exposed and neither me or my girlfriend would dream of asking them to remove their boots. They walk, they stand, they dance, they punch holes and scratch the floor and do damage. So what? They didn't think beforehand that they shouldn't wear those heels in case they did damage - they just wore them - no big deal in my book. Nailheels

Why don't people assume the responsibility for the things they do? Because they haven't had to, is the answer. Society has accepted that certain things will happen as the usually normal or careless processes of life. Like smoking, people have been under the notion that they can light up whenever they are so inclined and leave their butts whereever they finish. Only recently has this attiude been challenged, so that smokers have to be more discreet in satisfying their nicotine fix and dispose the residues away from the peripheral of others. When heelers are confronted with the results of their heeling damages from their lack of proper preparation and/or actions to prevent it, this scenario will become less of a happening. This could also prompt a bit of education for new heelers, which puts the responsibility back where it belongs.

• 2 weeks later...

"which puts the responsibility back where it belongs" That's a bit OTT isn't it? Should all girls be wearing flat lace up shoes? Wearing grey clothes? Showing no skin? Let the girls climb up on their stilettos, dress sexily, enjoy their stilettos and wear them as an expression of their sexuality. By the nature of heels this thin, the tips will wear and come off. If the girl chooses not to reheel them, but walks on the inner nail, however damaging this may be, it is not a crime. It is not a sin, however many weeks or months she continues to wear them for with the nails exposed. She still looks sexy and feels sexy. "Responsibility" does not come into it. Just my opinion!

• 2 weeks later...

My house too has suffered some modest damage to a parquet floor caused by a visitor carelessly (not deliberately) wearing worn-down stilettos at a social gathering.

There is, however, another side to this particular coin. Some visitors automatically remove their footwear (whatever the type) when coming into the house - a common habit with certain people and one my wife encourages but does not insist on. Personally, I dislike removal unless the shoes are clearly dirty or damaging - why go around half-dressed? I see no point at all in people making the effort to dress for an invited occasion and then walking around without shoes. I was once prompted to ask an attractive female visitor not to take her stilettos off, telling her that she would spoil her look if she did; she seemed grateful and complied with a smile.

It is even worse when people remove their shoes at an outside function such as a dance or wedding reception. Often, one sees otherwise smartly-dressed women padding about in nylons or bare feet without a trace of elegance, complaining about the shoes that are (allegedly) killing them but which are rarely extreme in shape or heel height.

Personally, I don't understand the concept of not re-heeling my shoes when needed, but that aside... If I know I'm going to be visiting somewhere with old, wooden floors which will be damaged if I wear stilettos such as in National Trust properties, I simply don't wear them. I'll wear a broader heel or even demote my footwear choice to flats. If I am asked to remove my shoes whilst entering somebody's home, I will happily comply and my friends who do ask this of guests supply one-size soft slippers so that stockings aren't snagged on floorboards and to ensure comfort. If I were fortunate enough to have a lovely old house with the original floorboards, I'd lay down a cheap carpet before having a party or hire a hall. In these cases, I think common sense and courtesy ought to be displayed from both parties. If you have concerns for your floors, look after them whilst also looking after your guests. And a good guest will be courteous to their host. I am not a member of the mentioned forum, and with so many unmoderated spoilt brats there, I don't think I'll ever become one. I'll stick to the civilised and respectable tone of HHPlace, thankyouverymuch :)

Simple thing is to acquire a pair of heel covers that ballroom dancers wear. Ballrooms are really precious about their wooden floor, so they are a must for ladies dancing in heels. You can get them from here.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Il rather buy a new floor than not be wearing my pointy stils inside my house!

Yeah!!:) I have carpets, and Italian ceramic tiles in the kitchen, so the problem doesn't arise.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"