Partners thoughts of you wearing womens footwear?

mk4625

What does your partner think of you wearing women's footwear?  

833 members have voted

1. 1. What does your partner think of you wearing women's footwear?

• Female partner approves
    • Female partner disapproves
    • Female partner has no opinion
    • Female partner doesn't know
    • Male partner approves
    • Male partner disapproves
    • Male partner has no opinion
    • Male partner doesn't know
    • I have no partner

My wife knows and seems to be okay with me wearing heels, at home. I don't think she would care for me to wear them in public. We've gone shoe shopping together and bought matching shoes. She even helped me walk better in heels and told me I do it better than she does.

I posted a very positive comment previously, however I recently got a negative nudge so I backed off and last week got challenged why. It was because I was too open and needed to slow abit, so ok no problems but still positive. Subject was still ongoing and positive etc any new? well yes, displays and shows them off, the real upshot is she is jealous of my choices, not to any negative degree just in all probability we need a full parallel wardrobe for shoes - his and hers in our two sizes, which incidentaly she has gone down a shoe size 6 > 5 so there are problems there ;-). I just bought her these below only to need to reorder the next size down. unfortunately they are not large enough for me even if I do think the are too girly for me however stunning! Al

post-14144-133522882267_thumb.jpg

Well after several years of keeping this a secret it started to eat away at me. I decided it was time to get it off my chest. I emailed my wife and kind of stuttered around abit. Yesterday she tried to coax it out of me and i lied because of my nerves. Today she calls me and tells me she figured it out so i decided to fess up but she thought clothes and i told her no it was shoes. The next statement flipped me out, she said that seems to be common i was watching a documentary and there were a few couples where they shared in heeling. I freaked out, she said they are just shoes. Coincidentaly she is a non conformist and doesnt cowtow to labels. So there you have it, and the weird thing is i'm still kinda wigged out about this but we have all ready looked at several sites but the one rule was mine can't be better than hers.

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

Like many here I had trouble dealing with my appreciation for high heels for many years until late last year when after many mixed messages, drunken nights out and going silent for long periods of time, I managed to tell my partner one night... I wont forget it. She was so good about the whole thing and told me I was brave for opening up to her about it. Since then we've shopped together and she has even ordered pairs of heels online for me. I am so grateful for this and I really hope that anyone who struggles with an issue like this has an understanding parter or friend/s to talk to. Of course we are all here to listen/discuss also!

My wife continues to encourage me to wear the strappy heels she buys for me. She has never had a problem with the ides of what others might think. She engages in conversations with others about what color nail polish I should wear, and encourages me to shave my legs every other day.

I told my wife about my love of heels many years ago and all she said was dont expect me to wear high heels. You see she just doesnt care for them. She does enjoy shopping with me for heels. She gets the biggest kick out of watching me try them on in stores. When I want to wear heels out with her, she responds by telling me to put them on and lets go. It doesnt bother at all. Here philosophy is if you are doing what you love and act natural then no one will likely notice and most who do wont care. I am truly very blessed in this respect.:winkiss:

My ex-girlfriend knew I loved feet and shoes, but I never had the courage to tell her I liked to wear high heel shoes myself. She just knew that I liked it very much when she wore heels. It's clear in my mind that my new gf will know about it pretty quickly; if she doesn't like it, at least it will be clear from the beginning.

Guess I'm pretty lucky, my wife said it was "cute" not real sure how to take that but I hve made comments in stores when I see something I like and she smiles. She has only seen me in heels once and it worked out pretty well, so we will see if things get a lot hotter (I HOPE). The next time she makes a comment about painting my toes while she is doing hers Im gonna take her up on it. Maybe purple, just bought a pair of bright green strappy 4" stilletos with dark purple accents. Let everyone know how that turns out

Yes, you are a lucky person!

If we look at the statistics, more than half of the female partners is actually

supportive. This is very encouraging.

This leaves of course the people who have a partner that cannot handle some

characteristics of their SO. For whatever reason.

I guess those of us with a supportive partner should just enjoy their good fortune.

I once read, in the days before I ran into hhplace, when I was still going around the

internet to find out more about myself, that about 50% of the men have 'the nylon gene',

meaning that they like soft and smooth fabric. I also read that estimates are (in the UK)

that at least 50% of the men have experimented with female items of clothing (or so

considered). Maybe with women there are similar things and a given percentage

has a predisposition of wanting a partner who looks super manly by whatever standard

defines what is manly. Anything that interferes with that is seen as bad.

Of course when we get involved with such a partner, it boosts our ego that we are

appreciated so much as a man, but then when we come to the point of "Oh yes, there

is this little detail about high heels" we are turning someones world upside down.

There the conflict is born. We like this person very much for one thing and have a

fundamental problem with another.

Telling ones wife may be one of the more difficult

moments in ones life. For me it was. And the relief was enormous when she accepted

it and became supportive. Hence I can relate so much with other stories like it.

And I feel so sad when people get a bad reaction.

Let us just hope that once men in heels will be socially accepted, the people who now

cannot handle it, will start coming around as well. Of course then the problems will

be with something different, but that may not involve most of us.

OK OK, I got a bit talkative after a good part of a bottle of sake......

Y.

Hi there. I recently told my GF of 3 years (but I have known her for 30 years) I thought it would be a split! but I've always told her the truth and I couldn't stand it any longer! She was shocked at first, and there was a bit of trouble. But after about an hour, she'd had a think, and said "I suppose its only shoes! (thats all it is with me!). Now she buys me boots and shoes that she likes (we both have similar taste) and she is just very slightly smaller than me in eeefootwear. In the end we have ended up closer for knowing each other better / telling the truth to each other, and 3 years of worrying, will turn into happiness! I'm not saying this will happen to you as all women think differently! but I'm glad I did it, you just have to test the water and see what happens!!

On Saturday, I had a date with a girl who's into gothic subculture etc., and it turned out that she desires "effeminate" men and the "macho" guys put her off. Her ideal partner would be Mana, a former Malice Mizer singer. So, she was more than perfectly OK about me wearing heels or make-up. Pity that we won't see each other too often because she lives in another city and wants to move out to Berlin - but hey, what's the internet for?

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

• 3 weeks later...

My GF knows and is Ok with me wearing heeled boots and some shoes. It was a bit of a test last fall when in the Grand Canyon, she might have been a worried about what would happen should someone say something. However it has got a to point that I am wearing them and it is for me, so she is coming around to accepting it now. A pair pumps would cause more worries but I think it will be fine this year with lower profile heels. Mtnsofheels

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My wife has bee supportive, and was the one who got me into wearing heels. When I bought a pair of Berkemann high heeled sandals, I was concerned about my wife's reaction. She surprised me by asking me to wear them out to dinner. While walking thru the eatery, some heads turned to the snapping of the wood on my bare soles and to the clacking down stairs, but there was only one comment made by a female friend we saw: "you look good in those". The next day, I took my wife's advice and shaved my legs and feet, and applied some nail polish. The next week, she bought two pairs of 3 inch narrow heel strappy sandals in size 13 and dared me to wear them on a shopping trip to the mall. I did so, and have been wearing them out on a number of occasions. The longest time period was for a 3 day winter trip to Atlantic City.

Legbarer:-) Vive la your wife. She certainly has the right idea and backs you 100% or she wouldn't buy you heels and then dare you to wear them out in public. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

Ronnie! It took my wife 10 years to accept me in heels. Don't know how long you've been married.....so, perhaps one day.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Show them the High Heel Forum and just maybe that will help the ladies to see that you are not alone wearing heels. We can only hope for the best on that subject.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

spot on with the forum advice!!

certainly was a great help this side!!

she even joined the site!!:)

Well, Great news. My wife told me last night that I can wear the heels anytime I want at home. I think tonight is a good noght to test it out. Our relationship has become a lot more open and honest, so she is getting more and more :thumbsup:accepting.