Partners thoughts of you wearing womens footwear?

mk4625

What does your partner think of you wearing women's footwear?  

833 members have voted

1. 1. What does your partner think of you wearing women's footwear?

• Female partner approves
    • Female partner disapproves
    • Female partner has no opinion
    • Female partner doesn't know
    • Male partner approves
    • Male partner disapproves
    • Male partner has no opinion
    • Male partner doesn't know
    • I have no partner

Well let's see. Female Partner doesn't know, Female Partner is told, Female partner disapproves, Female partner Agro's Male Partner, Male partner returns Agro, Female partner uses thigh boots as pick point, Female partner receive Thigh Boot sole print in pants. Male partner lives happily ever after. Moral of the story: Don't let you alligator mouth over load your humming bird butt.

• 3 weeks later...

Well as my wife has bought me quite a few pairs of shoes as presents at Chritmas and birthays you can tell she has no problem with my wearing them. The odd thing is she has quite a dislike of feet especially mine as they are quite wide. She will only touch her own feet and finds others repulsive to her. As she has a love of high heels herself and thinks they look pretty she prefers to see my feet in high heels as they are then acceptable to her, as you can imagine I am more than willing to hide my horrible feet so she doesn't have to look at them. The things we do for our loved ones.:wave:

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

My wife is getting more used to seeing me in my high heel boots. Probably best words to describe her feelings about my boots would be tolerant and accepting. She is just glad to be going out on outings with me. We started out our afternoon with lunch at a busy fast food restaurant. There were several families with children and older groups who paid no attention to my boots, which is my kind of outing. Today we saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I. This is the first big time movie with huge crowds that I saw in my boots from my avatar. Needless to say there was a long line in front of the theater entrance. Everybody saw me and my boots, then went back to talking amongst themselves as I joined the queue. I am starting to walk more confidently, as if I belong in these boots. After the movie was over I confidently walked past the next groups of people who were waiting anxiously to be let in. For the most part they paid no attention to me. All in all, an excellent outing in boots.

• 2 weeks later...

Partner of nearly 30 years is dead against it, she is aware of my liking for heels, and knows of my collection, but no comments are made, she thinks this is my dark side.

life is not a rehearsal

My girlfriend hates it and won't even let me mention it. She asked me if it meant I was gay at first and I must admit I seriously reconsidered our relationship for a moment after hearing her say that. She says she's open minded but a comment like that suggests otherwise. She does wear boots for me though, so it's not all bad.

That's a great pair of boots. If you couldn't get away with these, I'm not sure what you'll do. These are about as unisex a pair of boots (with some heel - not completely flat) as you can find. In fact you might show your wife these first http://www.zappos.com/harley-davidson-el-paso-black~2

These are 'real' mens boots, with a similar design. Just reading the specs, the biggest difference (which on paper doesn't look that big) is the 2" heel for the woman's boot, 1 1/2" heel for the mens. If you show her that what you want isn't that different from a man's boot, maybe you'll get some approval for it.

my wife tolerates it but thats about it, she doesnt really understand why any man would want to wear "womens boots" but as long as it goes no further than footwear she puts up with it, she will deffinately not be seen out with me wearing them tho, i have to do my public heeling on my own im afraid, shame really, could be a lot of fun going out together both in heels

My wife tolerates it. Probably because I only wear boots that pass pretty well.

I am considering these at some point. So we'll see how that goes over.

I like those myself! I have a similar pair of Harley Davidson boots that I where everywhere. Very solidly built. Mine are in size 11.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

..I'm new. Am I not allowed to thank? I'd have thanked you for that post, but I don't see a button for it.

No problem. I think there are a number of features not available to new members until they have enough posts.

At least online, those Giddy boots are onsale now, I think $89 + another 20% off. You might find them at other stores (think Macys ) if there's not a Naturalizer store near you.

Well now your post in another thread got me interested in these:

http://www.naturalizer.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC0224309

These impress me as the ideal crossover between mens' & womens' styles! Its the heel/shoe size proportion more than the height that makes them less of a womens' style and more of a half-step up from a little bit higher cowboy boot heel type. I've got to go to the store and take a look them out there in the wild.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife also tollerates it and has given me several pairs of heels. She has not gone anywhere with me while I'm wearing heels though. I keep hinting that I would like to try on new heels in a store with her but nothing yet. I have only worn them outside our house in the driveway, to get gas at the gas station and 5 times now into the local donut storeearly in the morning. I was seen by two women on one morning with the only comment I was able to hear was "funky".

She loves it... Inside the house. I haven't remotely raised the prospect of wearing them outside, and I may never. I would love to and am not myself shy, I just get the sense the world is not ready for it.

This will be an update to the first time I posted on this thread. My female friend whom I have been seeing for a while not only approves of me wearing high heels, but she has sold me several pairs of my high heels. She also doesn't mind me wearing them in public and with her in public.

Today at first I was contemplating staying at home to do other tasks, but then my wife reminded me "I thought you wanted to go heeling in your boots." So I had to change my mind and go out after hearing that since her tolerance and acceptance is growing. Today my wife and I did something completely different, we both went out in our high heel boots together. I wore my brown high heel boots, and she wore her new black ankle boots that we purchased at our last heel meet. Today we had lunch at Chili's Restaurant (US) followed by an afternoon at a local cinema to see Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Hardly anyone noticed or had a reaction to my heels. I was feeling lucky and daring in terms of heeling adventures, so after a brief stop at home, we headed back out to a bargain theater to see Burlesque. Despite this film's low box office gross, there was an unusual turnout at this theater. Yet with this season's cold weather, just about everyone was wearing boots. So I didn't stand out too much, and their theater was dimly lit in their lobby. Spent about 8 hours in boots and both outings were good overall, having my wife by my side in heels made it feel like a small heel meet.

...but then my wife reminded me "I thought you wanted to go heeling in your boots."...

That's great that your wife not only accepts your heeling, but actually encourages it. You outing would have been a perfect occasion to take a picture with both of your heels, and have us guess which was yours, and which was your wife's. Maybe next time!

This will be an update to the first time I posted on this thread. My female friend whom I have been seeing for a while not only approves of me wearing high heels, but she has sold me several pairs of my high heels. She also doesn't mind me wearing them in public and with her in public.

Ahh very glad to hear you are still seeing this woman :)... assuming this is an indirect update to this thread http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/18326-advice_please.html

That's great that your wife not only accepts your heeling, but actually encourages it. You outing would have been a perfect occasion to take a picture with both of your heels, and have us guess which was yours, and which was your wife's. Maybe next time!

I can only wish that my wife would encourage my boot outings. But I will settle for tolerance and acceptance. If my wife goes on my outings in high heel boots, she is just along for the ride and needed an outing too. But if she ever decides to initiate by telling me to get my high heel boots on and take her out to dinner I will definitely be excited in my next post and will let everyone know at HHP.

As I've mentioned before on this thread, some days I don't know what to expect. Had on a pair of high heeled clogs from kohls the other dsay along with a pair of old worn out jeans. She didn't notice for a few minutes until she heard the distinct sound and then kinda went off about me having too many shoes I didn't need and why was I wearing these.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/shoes/womens/mulesclogs/PRD~661883/ELLE+Ilona+Platform+Clogs.jsp

She just thinks I'm getting weird in my old age. (not that old but - - ) May be a bit of jealousy in a way. She has some issues that make her feet hurt regardless of sitting or standing, but she won't get the issues resolved. May be fibromyalga (sp) kicking in or a condition from her bought with chronic fatigue (Epstein-Barr virus)

I can only wish that my wife would encourage my boot outings. But I will settle for tolerance and acceptance. If my wife goes on my outings in high heel boots, she is just along for the ride and needed an outing too. But if she ever decides to initiate by telling me to get my high heel boots on and take her out to dinner I will definitely be excited in my next post and will let everyone know at HHP.

Funny that I mentioned it, but this past weekend my wife jokingly said, "Get on your boots, you're taking me to lunch." I was always joking with her to say this to me, as sort of a win-win outing. This was after I was already reaching for my boots and changed in my car. She was just eager to go to lunch. Later on we went heeling again, that Saturday night to the movies. I will definitely let our HHP members know if she initiates a genuine invitation to go out heeling with her.

Should I ever have a partner in the future, she'll have to accept me as I am.

The best way to find that "partner" is to tell her/him up front before things get serious, about you and your high heels. That way, if your chosen partner doesn't approve, you can move on without any of the encumbrances associated with long term relationships -- i.e. children, divorce, alimony, etc.:)

My wife has been really understanding and flexible - but I'm taking it slow. No stilettos - mostly chunky heels and no more than 3". I'm sure that as time goes by things will loosen up but for her, I think it should be a gradual thing and not a flats one day and 4" heels the next.

I have a pair of 3" Veruca by Born coming in the mail today. That is about as out there as I can currently manage.

http://www.bornshoes.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=5504

Thats it take your time. My wife does approve, around the house. I'm realy not sure what she would say if I wanted to got with her in heels. I do know that she does not like to wear heels as she say she can't walk in them. Any way take your time and work up to it, she'll come around. Have a good one. :-)

My wife now kind of accepts that I wear womens shoes, I wear flats and heels at home and sometimes out, even had to scale the garden wall at the inlaws house when they were away because she lost her key in a pair of flats! She went from a well if you get seen its your fault, to its deviant behaviour (Big argument that night - which I won) , and is now back to sort of understanding though shes not overly happy. She will go out with me if I am wearing flats and I am still working on the heels!!!!