Partners thoughts of you wearing womens footwear?

mk4625

What does your partner think of you wearing women's footwear?  

833 members have voted

1. 1. What does your partner think of you wearing women's footwear?

• Female partner approves
    • Female partner disapproves
    • Female partner has no opinion
    • Female partner doesn't know
    • Male partner approves
    • Male partner disapproves
    • Male partner has no opinion
    • Male partner doesn't know
    • I have no partner

Hello, I bought the sandals on the Internet for me, and I said to my girlfriend had bought them for her ... But logically I harbor him EU40 and EU46 So for fun I have worn them in front of her, began to laugh and from that day I have not worn more before you ...... What should I do? Through taken!

Hello, I bought the sandals on the Internet for me, and I said to my girlfriend had bought them for her ... But logically I harbor him EU40 and EU46

So for fun I have worn them in front of her, began to laugh and from that day I have not worn more before you ...... What should I do? Through taken!

Be Honest.

real men wear heels

• 3 weeks later...

My current girlfriend is accepting, but does not encourage me either. I have modeled for her, but that is about it. She will get jealous if I have a pair she likes and usually comments that my legs are better than hers. Logistically, since I am 6'2" barefoot and she is 5'1" I don't wear heels when we are together... In the end, she loves me for me, but has no real opinion of me wearing heels...

Style is built from the ground up!

I'm very lucky because my wife does support me. We even shop for shoes on the internet together. There is no better evening that both of us getting dressed up in high heels and finishing a bottle of wine together. In fact that profile pic is actually my wife in her heels.

• 3 months later...

my girlfriend mostly thinks that its ok, as long as nobody else knows about it and I stay in the house with them. She just becomes annoyed when I talk about them too much, but otherwise I wear them when shes at my house all the time!

breaking social norms is a hobby of mine

My wife insists on me wearing heels and thinks it's sexy. She brings my heels to me when I wake up in the morning and slips them on my feet. She also insists on me wearing them when we go out. How's that for a dream sole mate? :smile:

real men wear heels

That's ideal. When I'm with my good friend Pizza Lady, I'll wear my guys' open -back clogs (she approves) but nothing further out. She used to wear 6" open-back clogs, but suddenly stopped wearing them. I never asked, but wondered whether she had had a near-accident. :smile: Years ago, I knew a lady who really messed-up her ankle while wearing (her words) "high, klunky shoes". She was voice-over talent in radio and t.v. commercials. Fortunately, her father was retired, and was able to accompany her, while her foot was in a cast.

My wife think I`m gay since I like to wear high heels. She is not still convinced I am not. But now I will start to sell footware so I told her I need to buy some pairs for myself and use them as a model, since my footware will be based on men who want to wear heels. Then she told me that she can take the pics of me wearing heels next time...maybe she is loosening up a bit..:-)

My wife think I`m gay since I like to wear high heels. She is not still convinced I am not.

But now I will start to sell footware so I told her I need to buy some pairs for myself and use them as a model, since my footware will be based on men who want to wear heels.

Then she told me that she can take the pics of me wearing heels next time...maybe she is loosening up a bit..:-)

Print this out and let her read it.

http://www.passionsforfootwear.com/psychology.htm

real men wear heels

My wife think I`m gay since I like to wear high heels. She is not still convinced I am not.

But now I will start to sell footware so I told her I need to buy some pairs for myself and use them as a model, since my footware will be based on men who want to wear heels.

Then she told me that she can take the pics of me wearing heels next time...maybe she is loosening up a bit..:-)

Or, perhaps she's collecting evidence for the divorce ?:smile::thumbsup::lmao::thumbsup:

(a little humor, there)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My wife used to not mind at all but I was supicious that her mind was changing.

I broached the subject a few weeks ago and she emphatically said I am not to wear any footware not specifically marketed to/for men and sold in men's sizes (unisex sizes are Ok as long as they are specifically marketed to men as wella s women). Even masculine looking womens boots (chunky heels for instance) are out. Used to be fashions like equestrian inspired boots were totally OK with her. High heels, not every day wear but in certain circumstances like out to the movies at night, and with heels more chunky OK.

Lately she will not even have a pair of boots sitting in the corner of the bedroom much less the house, putting them away in the back of a closet.

I suspect it is her friends. They are ultra conservative and a very judgmental lot of people. She said she would be very embarassed if anybody asked about what shoes/boots I am wearing.

I reminded her about my wearing high heeled boots in high school. My wife and I went to school together so she was there. She said she never noticed that I wore women's boots in high school. They were what are called GO GO boots nowadays, 2 inch heel, knee high, black patent. stretch, side sip; to give a you reference of the boots not noticed.

That is contradictory that if she did not notice the very feminine boots I wore in highschool why would anybody notice what I wear now even if they were a very conservative style? She shut down the conversation before I could continue.

I have two pair of high heeled boots left from my original collection of over 20 pair. I just threw out my last pair of equestrian boots this week as they were no longer acceptable wear. Also tossed a pair of high heeled winter boots with very worn 2.5" heeels that had seen a lot of out and about wear in more liberal days.

I have a pair of what are now marketed as "Campus Boots" to women from the 70's when they were unisex. They are men's size boots. I do not know if changing fashion also qualify as forbidden wear but expect so.

Throwing away my boots is the correct thing to do at this point as having them in the house adds tension to our relationship not to mention tempting me to wear outside.

This is a very long thread which I have not read completley but seemed like the logical place for me to post this entry.

Still am interested, but much less enthusiastic.

Have been away awhile but thought people would like to know why.

Maybe the thing to do, dressboots, is to tell her that if that is the way she feels, then she cannot wear anything meant for men--even if it is in a womens style or made for women. For example, jeans were originally made for men--so she cannot wear them. You know the answer you're going to get. She's going to tell you that is ridiculous--that jeans are now made for women to wear. Ask her why. She'll say that times have changed and jeans are now acceptable wear for women. Then ask her why she won't accept that times are again changing and heels are starting to be accepted wear for men.

If women can take and adapt mens wear for themselves--why can't the opposite be true?

Smitty, it appears like the road is about to "washout." Soon, your choice will boil down to "it's the heels or me!" Make your choice. Sorry pal, but your're in for a rough time ahead.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

my girlfriend (of 26 years) thinks it is totaly taboo, for me to wear heels. she knows it is part of my life, but ignores it, now my girlfriend and daughter my mum and sisters know of my interest, My sisters don't mind but they are on my side anyway. How they found out is a long story, nearly split up etc. but still together seven years later. I have been into womens style footwesr since the age of about five, heels came later about the age of seventeen. Heels to me is like a drug, I cannot give it up, I have tried, Longest I can go without wearing heels is about four months, then I have to wear some, be it two minutes, but I have to do it. I have been wearing girl style shoes since about 1965 funny thing is I cannot tell you why.

life is not a rehearsal

Smitty, it appears like the road is about to "washout." Soon, your choice will boil down to "it's the heels or me!" Make your choice. Sorry pal, but your're in for a rough time ahead.

Just FYI, I was answering dressboot and his problem, I don't have the problem. My ex was and is supportive of my wearing heeled boots, and my kids also know about it. I don't wear bright colors or stilettos--probably why that is so.

Dressboot, on the other hand, does have quite a problem, and as most know, there has to be give and take in a relationship, it cannot be all one sided, as seems to be in his case. However, you are entirely right--the road ahead is probably gonna get rocky. Thanks for your concern.

Dressboots, I really feel for you on this! It is not something you can just shut off and forget! I have been wearing heels for over 25 years and I am at a point where I am like others when they say it's a drug! I love wearing heels and I love the way I feel and the way I look! If my wife freaked out on me wearing heels, she would also be talking about other feminine clothing as well! I honestly feel that if it really came down to it, rather than lie or hide again or not be true to myself about who I am, I'd rather be on my own! For me, it would eat at me and then I would be sneaking to wear my heels! I just wish I could meet a woman who thought it was sexy and encouraged me to dress in heels and or even more feminine if I wanted! I wish you the best of luck!

Just FYI, I was answering dressboot and his problem, I don't have the problem. My ex was and is supportive of my wearing heeled boots, and my kids also know about it. I don't wear bright colors or stilettos--probably why that is so.

Dressboot, on the other hand, does have quite a problem, and as most know, there has to be give and take in a relationship, it cannot be all one sided, as seems to be in his case. However, you are entirely right--the road ahead is probably gonna get rocky. Thanks for your concern.

My mistake Smitty55. Sorry. However, despite the fact that I miss-directed my comments to the wrong person, they are still relevant to Dressboots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just told my lady about heels yesterday and got a very good response. :clap:The only negative was not to use hers in case I wreck them :winkiss: - as she's a size and a half smaller I don't find that really that extreme. :nervous: Also given approval to "go find". The kids are out later so it will be time to step out and really see. Part discussion was what would I wear, how far clothing wise? I said "I just like heels and whatever goes into the shoes to wear them" Bra? No I've nothing to put in it so what's the point? she liked the answer. Could be a fun day watch this space

Just told my lady about heels yesterday and got a very good response...

Congratulations! Definitely a lot of potential ahead:

Shopping:

- you pick them out, and surprise her with what you bought.

- you review online purchases were her, getting her approval

- she wants to go out with you and try on in stores in front of her

Wearing:

- she doesn't mind you wearing heels whenever you want.

- she says, "I think you should wear ___ tonight.."

Obviously everyone is expecting updates from now on...

[update] - Two additional questions:

1. does your wife share your same shoe likes (hi heels vs low heels, pumps vs shoes)?

2. will she go out with you in public?

Your posting made me reflect on the situation with my SO. Like has some issues that, how should we say, make walking not a fun activity for her. That automatically means that say, just walking thru a shopping mall (for leisure) is out. It also means she keeps to flats, maybe 1" heels (for social activities), so I'm not sure she'd appreciate how 3"-4"+ heels are interesting. Right now, at least for me, I don't see much to gain by coming out.

:winkiss: YES Came back from sorting out the kids at the beach dumped wet trainers and on with the heels. Met at the door, a look up, a look down "show" "WOW" GREAT afternoon (except when the kids came back) discussed reasons and some recent threads. FULL acceptance! I've been dropping hints and a few "oops" replies and it worked, both of us have been on heels most of the time during the last 4 hours. I think there will be a new member to support the girls soon

My wife strongly disapproves.

Situation calls for being "extra" careful. If she disapproves as strongly as you imply, could cause "heartburn" down the road.

:winkiss:

right have been working on this issue at home for a while dont know if I would be up to it venturing out in public in the type of heels that do it for me, as it might not be practical either!! The 1st issue is that most times we go somewhere, we see people that one of us know, and the culture around here is very conservative, would just rather avoid the issue and the risk of comments and what my reactions might be when we know what is most peoples reaction and 1st word is!! So am quiet happy with just heeling at home, and looks like there is progress at home, will post as soon as there is something positive to report Could be soon!! :winkiss: