Your first acquaintance with high heels

Sabine

Hi Firsst post, so please be gentle :D I seem to remember I had a bit of thing about Wonder Woman's boots when I was little (can't remember how old though, but WW would have been on TV I suppose). I used to try to imagine wearing them, which is odd really, because when I see photos of Wonder Woman now, the boots don't really do anything for me!! I also used to try to draw the perfect (in my opinion) stiletto heeled boot, and can remember filling pages with drawings (which were never quite right :evil: ) Nothing much happened really (except for admiring heels in the street and wanting to try on (but not doing) relatives' and friends mums' heels if I saw them lying around) until 1999. I'd always thought high heels would be really expensive, until I passed a shoe shop in Buxton where they'd got some for £ 20. I didn't buy any, but when I was back at uni I went to a local shoe shop and found a pair of suede look shoes for (I think) £5. They didn't fit (size 7) so I took them back next day and swapped them for a pair of size 8 black patent shoes (they didn't have the sued ones in an 8 :D ) Anyway, I then bought and got rid of various pairs of shoes and boots until we get to today, and I've now got no shoes, but 6 pairs of boots with 2 more on order :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! I, like so many of you started at a very early age. One of my first toys beforeI started school was a pair of my moms red pumps. I remember they looked like two red boats on my feet but I played with them every day.Then when I got into elementry school, the first thing I noticed was the many different styles of pretty shoes girls were wearing. I fell in love with maryjanes.(black patent of course). I really wanted to know how that soft patent leather and straps would feel on my feet for many years. When I got into 6th or 7th grade I was home alone. My two brothers were out and little sister was gone with mom and dad so I snuck into my moms closet and slipped into her white 3" pumps and that was all it took.WOW! what a great feeling. I was hooked for real.Then as I grew older the styles and heels got better and taller. I remember every style and change from childhood till now. It wasn't till 2-3 years ago that I really came out. All but one of my girlfriends and both ex wifes have excepted it without a problem and even shared in the fun but now I have the most understanding and beautiful girlfriend in the world who enjoys it as much as I do and incourges me to wear my heels in public or when ever I feel like it, which is always LOL.I am what I am and I don't care what other people think anymore cause life is to short not to have fun and be yourself. Have a great heely day.

real men wear heels

Ditto. Here's hoping there are other people in this world who're able to differentiate between a choice in fashion and a paraphilia. Men have been wearing heels fo 300 of the last 500 years, and skirts for the last 100,000 years if not more. Grow up, and stop impuning wrong motives because of simple choices of fashion.

Ditto. Here's hoping there are other people in this world who're able to differentiate between a choice in fashion and a paraphilia.

Men have been wearing heels fo 300 of the last 500 years, and skirts for the last 100,000 years if not more.

Grow up, and stop impuning wrong motives because of simple choices of fashion.

I was ok until I got to the word paraphilia - It's not often you have to get the dictionary out - but it's not in my Oxford concise - a medium sized paperweight. Going back to the Greek para I believe means beside - or with, and philia love of. I'm confused, please explain.

I don't wear skirts, but I do love wearing women's clothes - so if I'm wearing a pair of girls' shorts, with tights and heels, I regard myself as wearing women's clothes. Great fun!

I don't understand the last sentence either.

I'm just wondering why this topic is in the rant forum. It's about how people started wearing heels - perhaps it got here by mistake and no one noticed.

I was ok until I got to the word paraphilia - It's not often you have to get the dictionary out - but it's not in my Oxford concise - a medium sized paperweight. Going back to the Greek para I believe means beside - or with, and philia love of. I'm confused, please explain.

I don't wear skirts, but I do love wearing women's clothes - so if I'm wearing a pair of girls' shorts, with tights and heels, I regard myself as wearing women's clothes. Great fun!

I don't understand the last sentence either.

Well, the last sentence was directed towards those who can't tell the difference between a personal fashion choice and a socially-unacceptable practice done for sexual reasons:

Main Entry: para·phil·ia

Pronunciation: "pa-r&-'fi-lE-&

Function: noun

Etymology: New Latin

: a pattern of recurring sexually arousing mental imagery or behavior that involves unusual and especially socially unacceptable sexual practices (as sadism or pedophilia)

Neither transvestism, cross-dressing, or heel-wearing by guys are paraphilias in and of themselves.

The automatic, and wrongful, impuning towards this by many in the mental health community simply underscores their ignorance.

• 4 months later...

Curiosity was the driving force for me. My mother, who was a rather petite woman, almost always wore really fetching heels. I mean she knew how to stop traffic in downtown NYC. So when I was about 10, I was intensely curious about how my mom was able to walk in those gorgeous high heels. One day I found an older pair of her red slingbacks, probably around 3.5", that she never wore any more. So I decided to try them on, and as the saying goes, the rest was history. Later on I found a pair of her brown slingback platform shoes (probably around 5" with about a 1" plat) that I just absolutely had to try on. Then one day I asked my mother why I didn't have any sisters and if she ever wanted a girl? She said that she thought it might have been nice to have a girl, but that things just didn't work out that way. So long story short, we decided to play "dress-up" and she dressed me in some of her clothes (at age 10 I was almost exactly her size) and she even fixed me up with some earrings and makeup. But I can still remember her handing me a pair of her kitten-heeled slings. While I wished they were taller, I somehow knew that I would never be able to give up heels after that.

Of course, the dress and earrings eventually came off and things returned to "normal". But within 10 years, long after I had out grown my mother's things, I had to buy a pair of heels of my own. That was over 40 years ago, and my passion for wearing high heels still continues.

My apologies to JeffB, I have merely edited your post with the details of my own story. One thing I have noticed is that with the exception of the details the guy's stories are pretty much the same.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

For me my first contact was when I was around 6 or 7. My mom would take us to visit my grandma to her house where several of her 6 sisters lived and they were all around their early twenties and well into 80's fashion. I remember I was playing hide and seek with a cousin and it was my turn to hide so I chose one of my aunts closets and there I saw my first pair of high heeled white pumps. I thought they looked so nice and once my cousin found me I told him: "hey do you know what it feels like to walk in these". So we both got a pair (I got the white one of course) and we started walking and I guess the noise the shoes made attracted one of my aunt's who then came to the room and told us "don't do that, that's only meant for girls". I didn't comprehend what was so wrong or why it was girls only but I felt very ashamed after that. Nevertheless, I couldn't stop thinking about the shoes and how nice they were. From then on my interest in high heels has evolved.

I suppose I was born with a passion for pretty shoes. My first best toy my mother gave me was a pair of red pumps and when I started school in 1st. grade, I starred and admired the many differend styles of girls shoes and always wondered what it would feel like to slide my feet into thoes soft patent leather shoes.Well when I found out it all came together and now at the age of 52, my girlfriend and I do not know how many pairs we own. Love our heels. Good thing we don't wear the same size. :wink:

I failed to mention like alot of other men and women here, I was about 12 or 13 when nobody was home and I snuck into my Mom's closet and slipped into a pair of white 3" pumps and I knew at that moment I was addicted. Mom's heels seem to have been pretty convenient for alot of us.LOL!

real men wear heels

You know, thinking back, I have memories of wearing my grandmother's heels around the house. She had much smaller feet than my Mom, about size 4, so when I was around 7, they fit perfectly. They weren't much, about 2 inches. It was a couple years later, when I was around 9 that I ran across my neighbor's size 5 stash of high heels (3 and 4 inches) that caused me to spend a full fifteen minutes feeding their fish every day while they were on vacation for two weeks... I didn't fit into my Mother's size 9 heels until I was in the 7th grade. By that time I was a latchkey kid and my brother was in high school, so I had an hour and a half of personal time during which I wore her heels after school. After that, I hit puberty and didn't look back at the heel issue, at all, until well into college, when, on a whim, I bought the only pair of heels in a store in my size, a pair of off-white leather pumps with a four-inch heel. I hid them from my roommates for the next two years, and, ashamed, threw them out just before graduation. I didn't wear another pair of heels for more than a decade, until desparate to relieve an old ankle injury, I turned toward's elevated shoes but decided they were way too expensive when Payless carried $12 cheapies that worked just as well right around the corner. I've been heeling ever since!

...I hid them from my roommates for the next two years, and, ashamed, threw them out just before graduation.

Oh how many purges did I go through! I wish I hadn't, I threw away a lot of money in shoes that I really loved because of the ashamed/guilty feeling.

But not anymore, those days are over! I won't throw away my precious shoes (or anything else for that matter) unless they are being replaced with other shoes :wink:

I'm just wondering why this topic is in the rant forum. It's about how people started wearing heels - perhaps it got here by mistake and no one noticed.

Awhile back when we were discussing the new rules for men, it was posted here. Then when Susan was posting threads, it got so aw shucks friendly that people starteed to post regular type threads in this forum. Note the title change of the forum around that time.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

Oh how many purges did I go through! I wish I hadn't, I threw away a lot of money in shoes that I really loved because of the ashamed/guilty feeling.

I'm never purging again. I occasionally have a mini purge to thin out the numbers, but only let go pairs that I don't wear. There's usually a difficult time after I've picked out the "must keeps" while I'm deciding which to let go. :wink:

Chris

I remember when i was a very young age first seeing heels that my mother wore. Or it could have been a relative. I don't remember. My first obsession wasn't about heels, but boots. Sis had a pair in her closet, and i would always try to put them on when i was home alone, but they wouldn't fit. I would watch women walk in boots and was in awe. They increased the beauty of women that normally didn't look all that hot. Then, through my young years of about 13 or 14, my sister had some high heel pumps in her closet. It was like no big deal. Boots were still my thing. A year or so later, i was going to school and seen lotsa young girls with pumps on. They looked so much better with them on, just like women wearing boots. Then, in 1986, my opinion about pumps changed. I noticed some nice white leather ones in her closet, but they were too small for my feet. I then began to obsess about pumps. That year, i bought my first pair. Since then, i've bought like 50 to 100 pair, mostly from ebay, thrift stores and swap meets. I would rather buy pumps that a woman has walked in than buy them brand new. In my own thought processes, it gives the pumps some magical power, knowing that a woman had the babies on her feet. They're much more valuable to me, then. My fear is that i won't be able to ever stop buying them. There was a while when i made a vow to myself to stop buying them. I told myself that i have enough pairs! Then, when i go into the mall, and pass by Macy's, Dillards, or wherever, and see some sexy pumps, i wanna pass buy but i cant. So i end up buying them. The pump is sooo powerful, sooo awesome! I have fantasies of being a telephone repairman, or a cable guy, so i can go into the house of some woman who has a closet full of them, and have my way with them. Hopefully she'll wear my size. :wink:

My mother came home with a new pair of zip knee boots with 4" pencil thin stilettos and our neighbour wanted to try them on a she had more or less the same size feet as my mum. After she had taken them off, her daughter who was abot 4 going on 27 insisted that she try them on too. Not to be outdone, I wanted to try them on as well so I put them on my 5 year-old feet and zipped them up. They were more like thigh boots on me but they gave me the most incredible feeling which could be why I'm so into thigh highs now.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

what great stories! i remember exactly when it happened to me! my sister had a pair of white strappy high heels with a platform, this was back in the seventies. i watched her wearing them many times but some how... and this is where the story turns magical, the shoes were left just inside my bedroom door. i was in either grade 6 or 7 at the time. of course i couldn't take my eyes off them and once the coast was clear i tried them on and loved it. at the time they were way too big, even though she wore women's size 7! then another sister, this was in the 80's, bought herself a pair of those wooden spike heels with a small vamp and strap, in black. those heels were 4 inches and certainly caught my attention. she rarely wore them but when she was out, i tried them and they fit beautifully. more than the fit, i loved how secure they felt on my feet! there was no give to them, no bending, no stretching, nothing! they were solid. and i loved that feeling. and of course the sound they made on the hardwood floors back home. or on the drive way when no one was around. i out grew them when i was 14 or 15 and never tried on another pair of heels until 1995, when i bought my first pair of 6 inch spike heels with a 2 inch platform from frederick's of hollywood! what a day that was! never looked back. especially after i took them outdoors and in public! what a blast its been ever since.

Hi all, i remember i was about 12 or 13 , my mum always wore heels,between 2" and 4" sandals ,slings ,courts ,the usual mix , but she had one pair that were her best a apir of blk suede courts with a 41/2" stiletto heel , i always wondered how the hell she walked in them, and what it must feel like > One evening mumand dad went out , i checked to make sure they had left and i knew they would be at least 3 hours.I made a dash for her wardrobe and tried them all on ending in the suede pair,What a feeling they fit perfect and the feeling of being taller was great, just a feeling only like minded people will ever understand. I was hooked and have been ever since , not as much as i would like but, still heeling .

Hi All- When I was about eighteen, My girlfirend and I went to buy her some high heel boots (zodiacs) for her birthday, I thought the looked really hot on her.... a few days later she made me take them back. I was crushed...never been able to get over that :wink: Leatherman

ive always loved boots,since i could walk i think,always had a pair of cowboy boots. then mom started wearing knee high fashion boots in the 60s,and i would wear them when i could until my feet got too big. then i started buying my own,scrounging,etc. then i discovered thigh boots in the mid-70s and havent looked back. now i love to be in the tallest possible boot and covered in fetish leather!! oh,i have over 100 pairs...not bad since i wear a us womens size 14...i sometimes think i would have 1000 if i was a size 10 or so.

My first acquaintance with high heels? Well, this is going to be a bit different than some of the other replys. It was a bright and sunny day and a school friend and I were playing in a field in a local park when we discovered the left overs of a trash fire pit. The fire had been cold for quite a while, but being 12 years old and curious, we had to inspect this sitation as part of our play. Sitting up-right and untouched by the flames was a pair of black patent high heel open-toed sling-back pumps. After discussing why they were there but not burned with the other items, my friend quickly lost interest and said that he was going home for lunch and would see me later. Now, my Mother had a severe case of Arthritis all of her life, been a total cripple 3 times and told each time by the doctors that she would never walk again. Each time her answer was, "Just watch me"! And by God she came back each time and DID walk again. Must be some of that "Good old pioneer spirit" or maybe just her stubborn German background. Her maiden name was Gerber and her father came to the U.S. at the age of 7 from Alsace Lorraine and lived to be 90 years old. Because of her condition, Mom always wore black lace-up oxfords with a 1.5" block heel. These shoes never turned me on to this day. Mom couldn't wear sexy high heels so there were none in the house for me to try on. There they were, high-heeled and so shinny and I just couldn't give up this opportunity to try them on as no one was around at the time. I sat down on the ground, took my shoes off, and tried them on over my boy sox. To this day I still don't know what size they were, but they fit perfectly with no strap adjustments. What an incredible feeling I had and I just had to try standing up in them and then the incredible feeling increased. While standing there until I had complete balance, you know what came next. I had to try to walk in them. Taking small steps without any balance difficulty, caused me to walk around for several minutes on the dusty ground being amazed at the foot and heel prints that my feet had never made before. Then a moment of panic hit me. I shouldn't be doing this. These are for girls only. What if someone was watching me now. I quickly sat down, removed those lucious heels, put my boys shoes back on and replaced the heels exactly as I had found them so no one would notice that I had tried them on. Too late! I was in puberty and something latent in me had stirred to the surface, and I'm still wearing heels to this day decades later. Needless to say, I never mentioned this to a living soul, but the die was caste and slowly, one piece at a time, I added the other femme garments and became a crossdresser. Those feelings NEVER go away no matter what you do. They are with you to the grave and MUST be satisfied time and again. This is not a story, but taken from true fact and I'm sticking to it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Momma used to leave here heels lying around, and one day I tried them on. She and my sisters laughed, but it was cool as they were always helping me. I wore her heels until they didn't fif, then I wore my sisters'. They were cool with it, but the kids on the block weren't. I learned that the hard way. When I couldn't fit their size, I got my own pair. Got about twenty pair now, but only wear them in, not out. Some of you wear them out. That's cool. Wish I could, but too many coworkers live nearby.

I don't remember a seminal moment of my interest in heels. As a small child I had to wear orthopedic shoes for flat feet (that has since been discredited). My friends made fun of my orthopedic shoes which were indeed very ugly. They laced up above the ankle. They called them "granny boots." I couldn't wait to be able to wear regular kids shoes being so thrilled and happy the day I could. Maybe this is why I developed a strong opinion for shoe fashion? Early, ugly shoes. I recall the first women's fashion boots I really became interested was in the 60's. I wanted a pair of gogo boots so badly I could taste it. I expressed the desire to my parents who were cool about it but also said it would just put me up for a lot of ridicule. they said it was not stupid or wierd, just not appropriate for me. I wore my sisters knee high snow boots around the house when no one was home. Fortunately all family snow boots were stored in a box in the basement so I did not have to go into anyone's closets to for my booted adventures around the house. Later I would wear them outside when family were home under the excuse that my (boys) boots were still wet from a recent outing. I purposely allowed snow to get into my boy boots so that I would "have to" wear my sister's boots out the next time. I had no brothers so that ploy worked pretty well. I finally got my own (first) pair of block heeled (2") patent stretch boots in the 12th grade and wore them eveywhere. I got them via mail order. A local shoe shop would not sell me knee high stretch boots though they had my size as they "are really women's" boots. I had purchased a couple pairs of clunky women's snow boots from the same shop in previous years that were fairly unisex in style. I had narrow feet (AAA) so they could not fit me in any men's boots anyway. My parents never prevented me from heeling only to ask if I was sure I wanted to. Being a teenager I could get away with a lot. I went to a small public high school so knew the place was a safe for me to heel at before I started. I got a lot of verbal teasing for that but when looking down at my feet and knew this was the right thing for me. I don't think it had so much to do with wanting to wear high heels as with the sleek, smooth, tall fashions of women's boots compared to the short clunky styles for men, that attracted me. The heels came with the territory. I find that a well fitting equestrian styled boot can be as atractive as a slim sculpted 3" heel.

classic style high heel boots

My parents never prevented me from heeling only to ask if I was sure I wanted to. Being a teenager I could get away with a lot. I went to a small public high school so knew the place was a safe for me to heel at before I started. I got a lot of verbal teasing for that but when looking down at my feet and knew this was the right thing for me.

Thas cool. I wish my school had been cool with it, but they weren't. Kids in the neighborhood weren't, but my family was.

My youngest aunt wore a very small size (I wanna say 6 or 6 1/2), and when I was young, about 9 or so, I would wear her shoes. She had very good taste in shoes and I would spend many days leaving toys alone in favor of the chance to wear her heels as well as other styles. As best as I understand it, she never seemed to mind. She was married into the family, though, and I lost contact with her after the divorce. I do wanna chat with her openly about it, if only to see if she knew and whether she did or not, how she feels now that I'd have told her. When I outgrew her shoes, the next family members in line all had varying levels of objection to kids in their rooms, so it wasn't til my grandma's size 11 and/or 12 shoes that I got back into the habit. She definitely didn't mind, so long as I stayed within her apartment (I'd spend weeks at a time at her place, and I definitely wore every style she had one summer -- even some styles she'd have recently bought and not worn yet). She's a classic lady of the 50s who to this day still wears fashionable shoes, albeit with lower heels than before. I didn't start buying my own heels til about age 19 or 20.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 2 weeks later...

Actually attempted to try on a pair of kneehigh boots that I purchased for my ex wife. Her size was a little small for my feet so the fit was not great. but the leather was so incredibly soft the whole expirence was incredibly erotic. from that moment I was hooked I will never forget that. leatherman