Your first acquaintance with high heels

Sabine

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was probably 4 when I first experienced the wonders of high heels. Sitting in church between my parents-fidgetting as usual- I had my hands behind my back. Because of the nature of the seats the lady behind me was able to tease my hands with her open toed brown stiletto slingbacks. Ever sence I've been attracted to high heels in every aspect. The irony is it's my biggest curse and yet my biggest joy.

hihls567 wrote:

my biggest curse and yet my biggest joy

Wow. That's "heavy." Why let it be your biggest curse? By keeping your biggest joy in your mind as a curse, your personality will eventually show it. And likewise, if you let your love for heels give you happiness, you personality will also reflect your peace of mind. Relax. Enjoy your love for high heels. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

When I was 6 or 7 I went to visit my maternal grandmother for a week. Her sister, Aunt Nettie, lived around the corner from my grandmother's house. I went to see Aunt Nettie one afternoon. In the bottom of her closet I discovered a couple of dozen high heels pumps in all sorts of colors. I don't remember why I was looking in her closet, but I ask to wear them because I was captivated by them. I can still visualize those colorful shoes sitting in neat rows on the floor of her closet and feel the excite of seeing them. She let me try them on to my heart's content. After that I would visit Aunt Nettie quite often to try on shoes. Nettie was a tiny woman with small feet and the shoes actually fit me. Soon my grandmother became jealous of Nettie and forbade me to go to Nettie's house. I am sure that my visits were not the only cause, but they did not speak for several years after that. That also ended my heely adventures at Netties.

Go gently through life.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember my very first. I was secretly wearing my mum's heels from being very young. I have the best memories from one of my aunts who took a size seven. Once I was old enough to be left at her house while her and my mum went shopping I'd run up to her bedroom after they'd left and spend a happy hour or so trying on her shoes and boots. My first pair of my own I bought when I was about 17, they were a pair of cheap n' nasty black patent courts but they were mine and I loved 'em! Chris

• 3 months later...

I recall it being when I was in first or second grade I wanted to wear girl's shiny, red, rubber boots in the winter. I realise that is not heels but my attraction has alawys been to female boot fashion. Heels came later. My rant? Growing up, boots were strictly for porotection from the weather according to my parents, not for everyday wear. I had a sister who also struggled with that family rule. Neither one of us ever had fashionable boots but we did push the envelope as much as possible. I had a pair of 2" block heel, shiny black (waterproof mind you) boots when I was in the 12th grade, my first high heels.

classic style high heel boots

Sabine At 11 or 12 I told a girl she could NOT hurt me by stepping on my foot! That was 43 years ago and I still have a hammer toe from it! And She riuned me!! Been a Fanatical Fan For fine Feminine Footwear ever since. Have 104 pair! Wear ONLY Feminine Footwear as I work in outside sales. Hope one day before I go to meet another Fan! HEELS to you highHEELman

I started when I was around 12 trying on my moms shoes. When I was 14 and had my first summer job I started buying my own. Then cam the long process of buying pairs, and thowing them away wondering "what was I doing" just to buy more pairs. Untill I finally accepted the fact that I like to wear high heels witch was around Febuary.

It's all good. ~Arron.

My first time in stilletos was at age 13. This took place at my aunts house and i'll never forget it. I continued my secret high heel wearing for several years. At the age of about 17, I was dating a girl who was a (wild One)..We were at a drive in movie and she put her high heel feet in my lap. I took her shoes off and gave her a foot rub and asked her what it was like to wear high heels. She slipped her stilletos on my feet. We laughed and joked about me wearing high heels but that episode was an explosive turn on. From there on I have evolved into a stilleto heel nylon stocking addict. My rant is that I suffered with the guilt and shame of having this weird fetish. No bull, At one time I thought that I was the only male with a love for womens shoes. After 20 years of high heel wearing and having a wife who understands, I count my blessings....Larry.

Love those heels!

i think a lot of us went through the same thinking process larry. certainly i did, which is why i searched the internet for resources such as this board, which have taken me past boundaries i never thought i would cross. I never dreamed of going out in heels as a man before, but thanks to the board, i got the support and encourangement to do it. Im still a little shy, but much better than i was. Luckily like you i have a gf who supports me too

My first experience? Hmm that's a tricky one. I think I was around 12+ years old at secondary school and there were some gilrs in my year that had thse really high heeled soes. I think they had a 3" heel which is really high for school wear! You think it would be aganst the rules, and it probably was. I found these shoes and boots so sexy. The best time to see them was during year assembly wear we all had to sit on the floor and if I was lucky i'd be behind these gilrls and i'd see thier lovely foot wear. I'm trying to remember exactly how these shoes looked, they had a fairly slim narrow heel, not uquite stilleot, they were black but with a white sole. I love this colouring because the white slole highlights the black heel. Since then I've loved looking at girls wearing heels. When I was in my teenage yearsit was the nineties and unforntunately the fashion was the spice girl style big blocky heels and platofmrs... while nice I much prefer stilletos and I'mso happy that they've come back into fashion now. In fact last night we were out drinking in town and there qer loads of sexy stilettos on show. The most popular were simple black courts but also a good show of white and some other colours. These certainly seem popular withboth the young and more mature (say 40's) ladies. I guess the latter remember when these shoe were in fashion the first time round.

• 3 weeks later...

My first experience with women's shoes must have been when I was 7 or 8. I was playing with my friend next door, and for whatever reason we were in his sister's room. It was the early 60's and rubber flip flops were the rage with girls and I became strangely interested in them. She happened to have a well worn pair in her closet so my buddy and I both tried them on. Being an impressionable youth of 8, I didn't understand the strange feeling that overcame me, but from that moment I was hooked! By the time the early 70's came around with all the clogs and platform shoes I knew that I loved feminine footwear!!!! Now, so many years later my passions hasn't faded a bit. On the contrary, I'm running out of closet space!!!! :roll:

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

I must have been in third grade when I first really noticed high heels. Our teacher would wear nice pumps and I took notice. After that, I'd see other teachers wearing pumps and eventually became fascinated. I was 13 when I tried on my mother's heels. They weren't high at all, perhaps an inch or two, but it was a nice feeling. What really clinched it was an Easter visit to Chicago in 1971. My aunt wore heels all the time, although I hadn't noticed until the previous summer. She has high-arched feet, and her arches would wink out of her shoes with every step she took. That Easter, she had a pair of plain black pumps with 3" heels, maybe 4", and when she'd walk, her arches winked as never before. I'd be riveted to her feet anywhere we went. Another huge turn-on is seeing a woman slip her foot out of her shoe while standing. My aunt didn't slip her feet out very often, but I did see her do it a few times. It seems that pumps weren't a huge fashion item during the 70s. The only time I ever saw a girl in pumps in high school was during a musical, and then she was wearing them as part of her secretary's outfit. Then in college, I think I saw one girl wearing 4" pumps during a band rehearsal once, and while on a tour of Europe, a girl with another touring group was wearing pumps on one occasion. In the 80s, stiletto pumps made a comeback of sorts, and I would often see girls wearing them while substitute teaching at a high school. For a while, wearing heels was compulsory for any girl I dated. The thought of wearing heels myself first occurred around 1995 when I thought, "If you like them so much, why don't you wear them?". Then last summer, I finally took the plunge and bought a pair of 4" stilettos. I was quite surprised that I could walk and stand easily, even though I misjudged what size would fit. I found out that size 13 was much too big! And yes, I make it a point to slip my feet in and out of each shoe whenever I can.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

Curiosity was the driving force for me. When I was 13, I was intensely curious about how my mom (God rest her soul) could walk in high heeled shoes, but I was afraid to come right out and ask her for fear she'd think I'd gone nuts. As the days and weeks dragged on, the curiosity persisted and grew to the point where, in a burst of clarity, I decided that the only way I could answer that burning question was to wear mom's shoes myself. One day during summer vacation when mom was at work and I had the house to myself, I decided to carry out my experiment and satisfy that curioisty once and for all. Sneaking into mom's room, I picked out the highest heels she had in her closet, a pretty pair of simple black pumps with pointy toes and three inch heels. At the time, we both wore a size 10 (I was a growing boy), so getting into them wasn't a problem. I was nervous as I sat down on mom's bed and slipped the shoes onto my bare feet, and it was fascinating to see how cool the shoes looked on me. Still nervous, I slowly stood up, but not for long as I had trouble keeping my balance and dropped back down on the bed. It took two tries just to stand upright, though on braced legs. The next test, and the toughest was walking. If anyone had peered through the windows, they would've seen me staggering and stumbling all over the house like a drunk, I mean, it was hard as hell maintaining my balance, AND walking. It took some time, nearly half an hour, but I eventually got the hang of it and was walking in the heels like a pro. It had become easy----AND FUN!!! Suddenly, I had a new hobby. Every chance I got when I was alone in the house, I'd sneak into mom's room to wear her shoes for as long as I could. And she never had a clue, given that I was fanatically careful about my high heeled forays. That was 32 years ago, and my passion for wearing women's shoes as only grown more intense! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

What an awesome thread...

My first time was at the age of 5 (does anyone see a theme here??). We were at my parents' friends' house and I was playing with their daughter in her parents' room. I looked up on the shelf and saw what forever changed my life; Patent red 5 inch platform heels (which probably helps explain my insatiable love for platforms today). I don't recall exactly how we got them down, but we got them down and we played with them, taking turns putting them on.

I recall the parents came into the room sometime later and got quite a kick out of us still playing with them.

But from that day on, I have taken every possible opportunity to get a pair on, and as most here can appreciate, the higher the better. I was very fortunate in my formative years... I had access to quite a few pairs (some very high) from quite a few sources.

It wasn't until my teenage years when those supply lines simply couldn't keep up with demand. The time had come to buy my own. Oh lordy, I still hate going in those places to shop, but the first time was just horrendously frightening. I was pale as ghost as I walked up to the salesman at Leeds and asked for a pair of five inch black velvet pumps.

And so it began... I can't even count how many I've had since.

I started when I was around 12 trying on my moms shoes. When I was 14 and had my first summer job I started buying my own. Then cam the long process of buying pairs, and thowing them away wondering "what was I doing" just to buy more pairs.

I know exactly what you mean. I went through this very same phase of "what's wrong with me... No.. this is wrong.. *toss*" Oh the amazing heels I wasted. I'd pay fat cash if I ever came across pairs like those today.

Untill I finally accepted the fact that I like to wear high heels witch was around Febuary.

:)

Oh man... I'm so sorry. I was fortunate in that I stopped that nonsense after my teen years. It was a bit tricky at first to find ways of hiding my collection from family, friends, roommates. But they were far too important to me to ever throw out (unless they wore out).

I will soon be needing a bigger place. :D

I'm glad to hear you've decided you'd rather have them in your life.

My story sounds like outright plagerism of many other posts I have found on this site. But this is my story, nevertheless. My sister and I were taken care of by the most wonderful and sweet old couple. They took such loving care of us both, practically since we were born, as both our parents worked, that this couple became "Grandma" and "Grandpa". I rue their loss and remember with joy their lives. But I digress. One day when I was 5 or 6, my sister and I were playing truth-or-dare and I lost, so she made me put on a pair of my Grandmas shoes. They were the typical "old lady" oxfords with a 1-2 " heel. My Grandma always wore shoes of this type for every occasion be it working in the garden or going to church. She just had different pairs for each type of activity. I remember that up to that point, her shoes (or any other womans shoes) never held much attraction for me. But something wonderful and terrible at the same time happened when I pun on those shoes. I had entered the wonderful and secretive world of women. I knew that this was something that Dad would never do. Something that none of my three Grandpas would never do. Something that absolutly no other guy in the entire world that ever had or ever would live, would ever do. It was my secret. Many years and many trips to various female family members closets later, news of Christine Jorgenson was filling the airwaves (here in the USA, at any rate), and I finally understood that in some fundamental way I was still very different, but maybe not as totally unique as I once thought. Then came the years of buying, purging, buying, fear, anger, self pity, hatred, loathing of my self and all of the other assorted emotions that I am quite sure at least some of you out there have felt at some point in your lives. Which brings me up to the present. Eleven absolutly wonderful years with my wife, my best friend and my reason for living. She tells everyone that the night we met I saved her life. The reality of it is, is that she saved mine. She accepts my love affair with High Heeled Shoes and supports me. She isn't happy with my collection of womans footwear, which currently exceeds 200 pairs of shoes and boots, but she loves me and bites her tongue (mostly)... My heartfelt thanks to all who created and support this web site, as well as all of the contributors. I don't think you really have any idea how wonderful it is to find out that there are so many other people out there who have lived my life in so many ways. Later, GM

• 2 weeks later...

I was about 4 when the neighbor girl and I traded shoes. After that I wanted girls shoes. I can remember urging my parents to buy girls saddle shoes in the 50's, instead I got Pat Boone type saddles made for men. As soon as I was old enough to buy my own shoes in high school, I bought girls penny loafers, to match my girl friend's pair. I have bought nothing but women's shoes ever since. For a long time I had a rule to only wear low heels in public or at work, since there are lots of styles that are similar in men's or women's, such as penny loafers. To be naughty I would buy high heels to wear at home or on haloween where anything goes. After joining this site, I have become more bold in wearing heels, but still am fairly conservative about it in public. Most are black or brown and are chunky heels. To change the thread a little, have any of you ever wondered "Why me?. Why do I have this desire to wear women's shoes and not most other guys? Why can't I have the same feeling of satisfaction with men's shoes? Most guys don't have a closet full of high heeled womens shoes. Were we born with some kind of hormone imbalance, did our mothers do the wrong drugs (prescribed by doctors)? I have felt that my preoccupation with wearing the right shoes has held me back. I spent many hours in a college library looking at what shoes the girls were wearing when I should have been studying. It was not just the normal guy gawking at girls thing. It was a deep envy and wishing I could wear shoes like that without being laughed at. Wondering if I was born the wrong sex or something. I have spent and still spend many hours in shoe stores, and have spent many dollars on shoes that could have been invested in stocks or a business with much more return. Right now I am writing this instead of working. What causes this? I deal with it by wearing what I want which is women's styles, including heels. It is my life.

I for one have wondered, if not agonised, over why I had this compulsion to wear women's shoes. I've been through denial, purging, and finally acceptance. I was seeing a counsellor for quite a while (another issue) and brought up my love of cross-dressing (as it was) with her. Through discussion she pointed out that I seemed to be focussing more on the shoes than anything else. Since then I've realised that, while I still kind of like the idea of cross-dressing, it's not necessary and I can manage quite happily without it. She also said that the why was not really that important. What I needed to deal with was that this is the way I am, it's not going to go away, and I'm not going to be able to quit. She was right, I've never been able to work out exactly what the cause was, but since I've accepted this part of me I'm much happier, and no longer need to know why. As for looking at girls, I tend to look at their shoes first. When I see a girl in a pair of sexy boots for example, I'm usually simultaneously appreciating how good she looks in them and wishing I could try them on. Chris oops, longer than I planned!

Chris100575 thay is exactly how I feel I tried hiding it, "sweeping it under the carpet" so to say but it always came back usually when I was stressed or worried about things. never had purgings, as my Plats cost a small fortune $160 Australian :D the want for really high heels (albeit plats didn't start for me until the 2001 "big Boys Toys" here in Perth Western Australia when my eyes saw what one of the "Dollhouse" (it's a gentleman's club) girls was a wearing a pair of the natural leather version of my old "avatars"! I decided then and there that I "HAD" to get a pair and on the 12 September 2002 I did! I hated Platforms with a vengance, until that day! I know that my fixation (its a fixation not really a "fetish" as I think more of the fashion aspect of heels and what can I wear them with alo because I see my interest as a fixation it's also easier to control! I also know that it's for life and the want to wear women's heels won't leave it will just go on "holiday" for a while! (steps off soapbox) Later, TXT-1

I agree with Chris on the feelings and that you have to accept the feeling. The why has always been a curoisity for me. I have a brother who decided to get a sex change to the surprise of everyone in the family. I wondered if he had some of the same stuff I did except more severe. I have seen two couselors. One in college said he could "cure" me of these feelings by showing me pictures of me in women's shoes, while administering an electrical shock. I politely declined. I was not a rat. Another was a professional phsyciatrist who I went to in order to keep a marriage together, and because I was curious what he would say. I went session after session he said nothing. I did all the talking, he would only direct my talking occasionally. I wore high heeled boots to one session, and that did not phase him. Finally I ran out of things to talk about (that I thought were pertenant to my problem) so I started talking about sailboat race strategy and how great it felt to do a horizon job on another boat. He said capture that feeling. Sessions were done. I did. It made me stop being confused about my sexual orientation. It did not diminish my desire for womens shoes. People always like to pin labels on people who are different so they can put them in a little box and say "Oh yes, he must be gay", or "he is a transvestite." or he is a woman trapped in a man's body. I don't feel any of these apply to me. I have decided that if someone needs to pin a label on me, I am a straight guy who prefers to women's shoe styles over men's. It is that simple.

• 1 month later...

My first high heel experience was my mom. She has always worn high heels for as long as I can remember. I tried my moms high heels at age 5. Mom thought it was "cute" that I was interested in her high heels, so she encouraged me to wear them, thinking that I would get bored with it and give up. For once mom was wrong, I wore 5" heels every daysince the age of 12. All the way through jr high and high school, I wore heels to school every day. I did not get teased much, as no one teases(bullies) a 6' guy who can run faster than most of the track team in 5" high heels. Thats the only reason that I didn't go out for track, they wouldn't let me wear my heels. I have been wearing high heels ever since and I do not have anything lower than 4.5". One excption, the boots that I wear to work have a 3.5" stacked heel. Highheels for ever, ward

High heels forever, ward

• 2 months later...

I cant remember how old I was. I do remember I was young enough that I could run around the house in a long t shirt with no underwear. I was over at my grandparents house one evening and my aunts friend came over. they were going into town to party. The friend was wearing 4 to 5" heels. open toe and ankle straps. She had really high arches. She was setting on the couch with her legs crossed. I was running by when she grabbed me. set me on her foot and proceeded to give me a pony ride. It was innocent because there was people in the room. The feeling I got when here nylons touched my privets and the curve of her feet in my crotch. Her toes massaged me in that special place. From that day on I looked at every women in heels. Every time she would come over I would put the shirt on and the pants off. Until I got to old.

Strapy:-) Vickydancer:-) Welcome to you both to the High Heel Place Forum. Tell us all more about your first acquaintance with high heels or any other stories that you may have so that we can get to know you both better. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 1 year later...

My really first exposure to high heels was when I was in the second grade in Catholic school! I had a teacher at that time that basically wore nothing but! She was Italian/Sicilian, so you know that she was a stunning looker, and thorough the school year, she wore her heels, and during the warm months, she wore her open toe heels and her strappy sandals to school with her nude or santan daysheer colored pantyhose, with her red painted toe nails! Man what a sight! Back at that time, lay Catholic school teachers had to conform to a dress code of having to wear dresses, skirts and hose with shoes! (A wonderful thing, to me!) I thought at that time, and when she sat at her desk, sometimes she'd dangle a shoe off of her pantyhose encased pedicured toes, or would sit with her shoes off! It has been overt thirty years and I can still tell you everything that she wore to this day!. . . . You really had to be there!. . . . That's my first acquaintance with high heels, and I have never regretted it!. . . . jay_nyca1

My first exposure was in the third or fourth grade, when I came across a box containing my mother's three-inch heeled Italian boots in the front hall closet while searching for a board game. Intrigued, I put them on and stood in them for a couple of seconds before taking them off. I later would occasionally try them on if I knew I would be unsupervised any length of time, such as during the summer when my brother was out playing and Mom would visit with the neighbors. That summer, I also explored the closets of two neighbors while taking care of their animals while they were away. I didn't have much time, as Mom would come looking for me if I didn't return soon, but it was long enough to try on one or two pair of heels before doing the chores and returning. Later, around 7th grade, I was a latch-key kid, and my brother would hang out with friends while I was at home, so I went through the usual phase of trying on more than just heels. My foot was the same size as my mom's, then, so I'd often wear pretty much anything in her closet while watching TV, and simply shove it under the couch if my brother came home early. By 9th grade, I'd pretty much grown out of it, and didn't return until college (albeit very briefly) when a girlfriend's roomate loaned me a pair of her heels for Halloween. I actually bought a pair of very comfortable white leather 4" pumps in college, but thought there was something wrong with it, and threw them away after a few weeks. It didn't resurface until about a decade ago, when my wife suggested it as a joke, then again about 5 years ago when, while trying on a pair, I simply realized I enjoyed wearing heels. Been wearing them every since.

I suppose I was born with a passion for pretty shoes. My first best toy my mother gave me was a pair of red pumps and when I started school in 1st. grade, I starred and admired the many differend styles of girls shoes and always wondered what it would feel like to slide my feet into thoes soft patent leather shoes.Well when I found out it all came together and now at the age of 52, my girlfriend and I do not know how many pairs we own. Love our heels. Good thing we don't wear the same size. :evil:

real men wear heels