Your first acquaintance with high heels

Sabine

Just wondering how everybody first came across the item that would turn out to be so important in the rest of our lives ..... As for myself, I remember playing with a girlfriend at the age of four when she put on her elder sisters' court shoes. She invited me to wear her sisters' black leather boots which some way or another I found quite normal. I guess my craving started that very moment. Or was it allready in me just waiting for an opportunity to express itself? Would like to share our experiences! Love & kisses, Sabine

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Sabine, I had my first experience with hh at 12 (I think, it´s round about 25 years ago). My mother had many hh in their closet, and I was playing with my sister. We had a masquerade and she said: "Put on these Skirt and shoes." I put on the skirt and the shoes. It makes me feel great! :D After that experience, I would prefer to wear hh without wearing a skirt, because I`m a man. :wink: Since this time, I like to wear heels! :D HeelHolgi (Excuse me about my bad english!) _________________ If you like it, do it!

I had a crush on a Japanese Hawaiian girl in the third grade who wore black patent leather shoes. Having grown up (until that time) in a rural Utah town where patent leather shoes, at least on 8 yr old girls, was unheard of, I naturally fell in love with the shoes...my next infatuation was with a couple of girls in the 6th grade that were fond of wearing white patent go-go boots, and my "love affair" with girl's boots and shoes was sealed. High heels are something of an afterthought with me! :wink:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 4 weeks later...

It's a vivid memory even now.I was also 4yrs old when I tried on my mothers stilettos for the first time and walked (shuffled) up the garden path.It just seemed like the natural thing to do.

The next defining moment was in 1966 at a friends house.We were playing in her room and her mom brought in several pairs of stiletto's for our dress -up games and we wore them most of the afternoon.

Wearing heels still feels like the natural thing to do, but thankfully I no longer shuffle.. :wink:

I don't have an elder sister or any female cousins, but I'd often be found in family friends' shoe cupboards. It's been a thing with me for a long time. As early as I can remember, really. I went thru the 'Mum's shoes' stage when I spent one school term as a latchkey kid. But by then (something like age 14) it was already there. I don't think in terms of 'defining moments', more like opportunities. And I didn't get caught ever :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

There really wasn't a definative moment that turned on my fondness for high heels. I recall family members wearing them when I was younger. And I recall getting kicked in the shin by a high school girl wearing heels when I was 6 years old. When I turned 10-12 years old and noticing classmates and other schoolgirls wearing them prevelently, that might have sealed my fate. :wink: Dan

Hi, I was similar to Yamyam in that I was a latchkey kid. At around 10 or 12, I can't remember the exact age, I'd get home hours before my mother. I think it was around Christmas time because I was searching around her closet for something. Instead of toys I came across all her shoes. I don't know why but I decided to try some of them on, but like the impatient person I am bypassed all the lower heeled shoes and went straight for her only pairs of high heels. The 4" heels and 4" knee high boots became my afternoon friends. At first they didn't git but then puberty hit and they fit, for a while. I eventually out grew them but not my love for heels. Sure, my feet aren't exactly heel friendly but my mind sure is :wink:

I wish I was a size 10

I remember exactly when it first happened. I was 8 years old and the school teacher (I didn't like anyway) wore black 3" spike boots to class one day. I'm pretty sure heels haven't meant much to me before, but these boots were different. They were slick, virtually seamless. They turned me on somehow! I could keep my eyes off them while the teacher sat at her desk and I had to lean to the side to get a view from my position. I did't dare give myself away staring but this invisible force made me look! :wink: This made it more exciting again. Since then heels have always drawn my attention, live had changed forever. I've developed a particular taste for smooth and slick pumps and boots with pointed heels and noses. Actually, most heels mean nothing to me. The wrong style even turns me off.

• 3 weeks later...

As far back as I can remember I have always tried on not only my mums but any female heeled shoes I could get away with trying on. But the most memorable pair my Aunt bought me one Christmas... I must have been 5 or 6, and they were a pair of those formed plastic glittery high heels for kids with elastic across the vamp. I can visualise, clip clopping across her lino and feeling a million dollars, as I write this. Consequently, I bought both my girls these shoes. My youngest has quite a collection as they have a lot of variation of styles these days. Ah memories some are pretty precious :wink:

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

As far back as i can remember. well, actualy i can't. Not my first experience anyway. It's like i've always been fascinated by this realy feminine thingie as far as i can recall. I seriously got the hots everytime i saw a breathtaking pretty pair wore by some pretty girl. ahem. i think i will be 'seriously ignored' after this one. Even more, I can remember stealing (yes stealing!) some of those tiny little barbie high heel shoes that came in several types of styles and colors from a girlfriend i used to play with when i was 8 (she was 9). Yes, it's time to fess up! and its the first time i told this to anyone. But I gave 'em back eventualy.. Something told me it wasnt right and i just felt i had to give em back to her cause i liked her so much. It was hard for me to make up my mind and give my personal little 'collection' no one knew about up, cause they were that fascinatingly 'precious' I appologised to her but she never looked at me strangely, not one bit ! She just turned red (from blushing) and we never talked about it no more. Esther, that was her name. And i even pointed out some 'wedged hh sandals' one time. Some classic ones most teenage girls started out with, with a wooden base and cute heelstrap. They were sitting neatly lined up aside her sisters bed. Pointing them out, i asked if they'd fit her (esther), but probably they were to big i said. With a tone like i didn't care for all that 'girl stuff'. She asked me to hand them over to her. i didnt. Few secs later she asked me to look, and she had put one shoe on for me. showing it to me, asking me how she looked wearing them. She forgot to take of her socks. I'll never forget that. Daniel.

• 1 month later...

my first pair of heels were a pair of 80's knee highs slouch style with a low 2 inch heel (my mums). mmm, fond memories. then came a pair of black ankle boots, 1 inch platform and a four inch block heel. They were a friends sisters, i liked em so much. Never said anything. one day i was alone upstairs in their house and i shoved them in my bag to try them on at home secretly. I was going to sneak em back into the house the next day but fortunately or unfortunately i never did. So i guess i stole them. She thought she misplaced them. Oh well.

sometimes i borrowed my mums shoe when young and i decided i liked this kind of shoe to wear. now i am married i tried my wife's shoes but they are too small. but wife likes me to wear heels with her so we got some boots that fit and now I have worn them around outside some times. nobody ever minds me to do this but i still need to be braver.

Well, the first experience that led to my passion for heels must have been when I was around 10 to 12 years old. Wow, eighteen years ago. Anyway, I was watching Gilligan's Island in my parent's bedroom. In that episode, they had Gilligan dressed up like a woman. He exaggerated the difficulty of walking in heels and I had never really figured that they would be that odd to wear. The TV was set on a dresser that was right next to my Mom's open shoe closet. So, I said to myself, "That has got to be BS. Heels cannot be that hard to walk in." So, I grabbed a pair of, guessing, three-inch Candies wooden heels and gave it a try. I was actually surprised that they were indeed quite unstable. Though I found them fascinating I did not have any type of epiphany. I had no, "man I really need these in my life," thought. From there I really have no idea how just a quick interest developed into such a passion. I would love to do hypnosis or something like that to recall all the details. What I can tell you is that within a year I was baby-sitting every chance I could. My sister wore size 11w shoes that fit me very well and had a whole closet of the Highlights pumps that I dig so much now. As soon as the kids were asleep I was in the closet until my sister got home. I wish that I could go back and do it all over again. The only thing that I would change is that instead of buying candy bars with my allowance I would buy shoes. :wink: AZShoeNut

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I don't really remember mine. I've always liked looking at footwear and trying out wearing different styles. Since I'm fairly stong willed in an innocent type of way, wearing the heeled ones never presented a big problem for me. And besides, the heeled ones are more interesting. I'm interested in all shoes, I even look at what men are wearing, and I like to know about the construction of them. It's usually Dr Shoe, Xaphod or me who discuss the finer points of the cobbler's art when we meet.

Now matter how hard I try, it saddens me that I can't remember the absolute first time. Afterall, it's been over 35 years !!! But I do remember my mother owning two pairs of high heels; a 3" and a 2" pair of court shoes. My sister and I would wear them and walk around the house. Since I was older, I got to wear the higher heels. What's funny is that in adulthood, my sister doesn't wear high heels anymore but I still do.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

My first time with my own high heels would probably be at age 16, just after I could go to a store on my own I zipped on down to payless shoe store, found a pair of 3.5" pumps. I did quickly try them on to make sure then brought em to the counter. I gave some lame excuse :wink: and was on my way. I had those for a while but they kinda dissapeared while I was on vacation.. I never mentioned it and neither did my parents.. Oh well Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

i remember as child of about 8 my neibour had moved in hes mother had the highst heel she quickly became my adopted mother( as my mom had gone away never did find out who she was oh well) well my neibours mom shoes were wild to look at and evern better to wear i would go in to her room and pinch her shoes and return them later then one day selling papers on a street corner the heverns opened up and rain fell and the gutters over filled forceing the ladies to walk into the gutter just over ankle deep :wink: and before you know it i feel in love with womans wet shoes to see the water over flow and hear the shoes squellch mmmmmmmmmm years later doing secruity work at a private function the ladies went swimming into the pool with cloths and shoe WOW WETLOOK hence the name wethh john wethh i f only i could meet aladie who ?

t's usually Dr Shoe, Xaphod or me who discuss the finer points of the cobbler's art when we meet.

I tried really hard not to say this, but in the end I had to give in:

"A major attraction at the next heel meet will be us standing around talking cobblers!"

Sorry, everyone :wink:

(For those who don't speak Commonweath English, 'talking cobblers' is roughly equivalent to 'talking rubbish').

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

The first shoes with heels that I had a chance to wear was when I was 11 or 12--my grandmother had recently died and several boxes of her stuff were hauled from her house, and stored in our garage. There was a pair of size 7 or 8 "granny pumps" with narrow blocky heels, 2-1/2" at the back or so, with some sort of cutout decorations on the uppers, somewhat like men's wing tips. They were dark blue, and I tried them on. They were tight but oh so wonderful the way they felt. I was so disappointed that I grew out of them after only a few months! Then when I was 14 or so, (relatively) high-heeled back zipper, then side zipper, boots became the rage for guys--I was in heaven. Unfortunately the style didn't last more than about a year and a half. It wasn't until I was 26 or 27 that I aquired another pair of decently high heeled boots, mail order from Lane Bryant, about 2-1/2" at the back.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 2 weeks later...

I was already fully grown (16 or 17) when I got into heels, so I couldn't..erm.. borrow my relatives shoes (I did borrow their clothes though). I guess my first pair would have been at a market stall in Stourbridge, west Midlands. 3" heel, black velvet. I didn't try them on, but they did fit fairly well. I was probably 20 at the time.

the truth shall make you fret

• 4 months later...

I can't really remember when i started either but i know from an early age i was always in to shoes and clothe's.Would often totter around in high heels that did'nt fit by wearing two or three pairs of socks to get them to stay on!As i got older and started work i got myself a mail order catalogue and ordered a pair of three inch black suede heels,the rest is history!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

my first time with high heels was at my aunt's house... she used a 3 inch pumps all the time, and I remember being very attracted to her shoes from the first time I was them. I was maybe 12-13 at that time. I went to her closet and try them right away...it was love at first try!

Just wondering how everybody first came across the item that would turn out to be so important in the rest of our lives .....

It was 1971, I remember my mom wearing a pair of patent close toed heels. They had a 2.5 inch block heel. I fell in love with the patent finish, not the heel height. Mmmm, shiny! I found them a few days later in the hall closet. I tried them on, but didn't find them special. I just kept my eyes open for any patent leather shoes.

I remember seeing interesting shoes over the next few years. I know I had a major revelation when one of the girls in my 8th grade class showed up wearing a nice dress, patent pumps, and showing off her newly pierced ears. I was in love, heels and holes! the next year, we got a new English teacher who wore 4 inch sandals most days. Imagine a pubescent boy getting to stare at an attractive teacher, wearing heels.

I finally bought my first pair in 1986. My parents were out of the country, on an extended trip, my brother way staying at his girlfriend's place, and I saw a sale at a dept store. It was a pair of black fake leather pumps. My second pair came soon after, a pair of patent stilettos with 5 inch heels.

I used to work night shift and was always the last one out. I used to keep a pair there, and wear them when locking up the building.

Since then, I have bought over 30 pairs, most are black patent, there are a few other colors, but I seem to keep going back to the shiny ones.

Keep on heelin'

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

• 4 weeks later...

I've always been attracted to womens' shoes. My earliest memories are about pumps. I was always jealous that my sister could get "pretty" shoes to wear but I had to get boots or oxfords. I always felt that somehow my attraction to ladies' shoes and feet was wrong and everything I heard about "shoe freaks" was negative. It was only when I discovered the internet and newsgroups that I was able to hear from others and discover that I was not so odd after all.

It was a pair of my mom's 3-inch semi-stilletto heeled leather boots. Warm enough for winter, halfway between ankle length and mid-calf. A little big, as I was little. Found 'em in the hallway closet. Would sneak in and wear them for a few moments from time to time. Then - I grew out of it.

Hi, the first I can remeber was in a school skit, where several of the boys had to dress up in girls clothes. I wore a skirt with my mom's pumps. I have been addicted ever since. Sad to say, my first purchased pair until about 35 years later. Lee