What story do you tell when streetheeling in public?

Spikes

There are many of you on this board who streetheel with confidence and your stories of heeling in public serve as an inspiration to those of us who are still working through that shy stage. And although I'm sure it will raise the ire of some who feel you need no special reason to be wearing heels in public, I thought it would be interesting to share some of the stories that we shy ones might use when streetheeling. Here's one: I haven't done this in a couple of years, but for a while I was using this ruse. Upon entering a business (always a small business with only female employees like insurance companies, hair salons, beauty supply shops, etc.), I would tell them that I'd made a bet with my wife. I'd say, "I bought my wife a pair of high heels for her birthday and she wants me to return the heels because they were too hard for her to wear all day, because she walks a lot". Then I would tell the employee, "I'd keep teasing my wife about it, calling her a wimp for not wanting to wear the shoes. So yesterday she brings home a pair of heels that fit me. My wife told me that if I would wear them and walk into ten businesses, she would consider keeping the gift". I don't think any of the employees even noticed the heels under my jeans until I pointed them out. It's one thing to streetheel and hope people notice what you are wearing. It is quite another, to come out and say to a stranger, "Look at these heels I have on." The heels I would usually wear into the business were a pair of black 4.5 inch stiletto pumps or a pair of clear 6 inch platform slides and I would have a camera with me. I'd tell the employee that these heels are much higher than the pair I'd bought my wife and that I thought she was just trying to get even with me. Of course part of the bet would be to prove to my wife that I'd been into the business wearing heels, so I would ask the employee to take a picture of me wearing the heels inside their place of business. The reactions were always friendly and favorable. I would direct them as to how to take the shot so it best presented the heels. They would wish me luck in winning the bet and often ask how I could walk so well in the heels? It was also easy to strike up a conversation about the heels in general and chat about the ones they were wearing. Sometimes a customer might walk in, but the employees would usually pass the story onto the customer while I was standing there in stilettos. I started this little scam with a disposable camera because it gave me the added rush of having a female lab clerk at a fast photo place look at me with curiosity when I picked up the prints of me posing all these different places wearing heels.

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

Why bother? Most people will suss you out straight away when you start apologising or making excuses for wearing heels. Just do it with pride!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The fewer stories you tell, the less attention you draw. When you make a big and complicated construction they will for sure remember you and talk about you (and probably laugh about you). Do as Dr. Shoe says. Do natural. That is the way not to draw attention. Don't tell stories. You don't tell stories when you buy a pair of jeans or a sweater from the mens side of the shop either. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

When asked why I'm wearing boots, I say, "because I like them." Nothing more is necessary. However, being asked about what you are wearing often leads to interesting conversations so curt replies are generally inappropriate.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

When asked why I'm wearing boots, I say, "because I like them." Nothing more is necessary.

I couldn't agree more. Why reinvent the wheel when you don't have to? "Because I like them" is as simplistic and as perfect an answer as they come. Just go out and enjoy yourself!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

In short, don't invent stories about yourself wearing heels, just go out and do it, and have fun doing it. If people notice, O.K. If they dont, O.K..

Cheers---

Dawn HH

My thoughts exactly. I don't need an excuse or story to wear my shoes.

If and when asked, its a simple answer. "Because I like them better than ugly mens shoes."

real men wear heels

In my humble opinion, if you are still shy of wearing your high heels in public, in plain light of day, you'd better not do it until you look at you in a full size mirror and like what you see. I have been pointed out by some young women in some occasions but never had somebody coming to me to ask about my heels. If so, I would probably give them the standard "they are not women's shoes, they are mine" or "because I like them" answer. Best Regards, Celso.

I expected this thread to get some responses like these, as there are many confident streetheelers in the group. What I was really hoping for were ideas from those who desire to wear heels in public, but use a story to pull it off. My scenario affords me the opportunity to: 1). Wear in public 2). Draw attention to the fact I'm wearing heels 3). Get someone to talk about the heels I'm wearing 4). Talk about the heels they are wearing 5). Get a photo of me wearing the heels 6). Get another person to see me in heels when they process the pics So for me, it becomes more than just wearing heels in public. It is an entire scenario that I like to play out, whether they believe me or not. Those who have participated have always played along with me. That being said, are there other ploys that anyone wants to share?

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

I think Spikes is on the right track. There is no right or wrong answer. Each of us is individual with our own level of comfort and reasons for wearing heels. If you feel comfortable just being you, great! If someone needs a story to get them through the experience, let them be. They will soon get comfortable and no longer need excuses or reasons.

Actually, I kinda like Spike's reasoning in his last post. Almost a "crash" course to get seen, pics taken, dialog discussed, etc... in public. I thought, originally, the reasoning was to "get away" with wearing heels in public.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Well put Stilettoscott. Although I love being in heels, my idea is not to walk around the mall or through downtown for extended periods of time, but to experience as much heel enjoyment as possible in the shortest amount of time. I might do this 3 or 4 times back to back when I'm in the mode. It is very intense, probably 5-10 minutes in each place and always a different experience depending on who you encounter in the store you enter. So it's probably not as much about being comfortable in public as it is putting on a show with willing participants.

Spikes, while I understand the logic of your approach, I have doubts how well it will work. It's one thing to use a white lie ("my wife wants me to wear these...") if confronted in public; I think it's another to walk up to basically a stranger, who neither knows, nor probably cares, that you are wearing heels, and try to get them involved in your activity. Nothing personal, but to me you'd come across as a bit weird. Especially in the more fetish-oriented age we are in now, anyone who does something they might publicly say they don't want to do (or are doing for someone else), they probably really like. I wish you luck though in your public heeling, however you decide to do it.

Just enjoy the moments of wearing high heels in public. Whether you go to not so public places or a crowded mall or shopping center, wherever you feel most comfortable and happy. That is the main thing. Why be nervous or apprehensive about doing it? Then you've missed the point. I myself initially plan my outings then I improvise as the day goes on. The spontinaety is half of the fun. Even negative reactions are entertaining. Positive reactions, especially from women, are a blast. Be comfortable and don't worry, be happy!

That's the way to be about wearing heels in public. Relaxed and going about your daily chores as if you were wearing boring mens shoes and not high heels. After a while, you will forget that you are in heels, but having fun with the feelings experienced. It's very good for the soul, or sole, whichever you prefer, and you get such a great up-lifting of your spirits, much like a special event or holiday. It is the greatest feeling in the world and very hard to describe unless you have experienced it yourself. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I have only one tale to tell about street heeling in public, Long time ago back in the seventies when I thought I was the only male in the world who loved high heels, I was on a train wearing a pair of twin strap mary janes, two ladies got on the train and sat near to me, one of them asked why was I wearing such a smart pair of shoes. My reply was I bought a pair like this for my girlfriend for her birthday, but on the big day she said she did not like the style anymore, we had a bit of a disagrement and she said if you like them so much you wear them. My reply was I would but they don't fit me, on that note she took them back to the shop and got the same pair in my size, and these are what I am wearing for a while, the ladies reply was good hope you enjoy wearing them and that was that.

life is not a rehearsal

I don't need to tell a story when heeling in public - if they ask what I'm wearing, I'm very straightforward about it. Yes, I've gotten looks, glares, and questions, but I really don't care - I wear what I like, period. If they can't handle it, then they don't need to look - they can go elsewhere. I think my poor sneakers have been worn maybe once or twice in the last few months. :w00t2:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Spikes, The only problem I have with your approach is the line. "..these heels are higher than the heels I bought my wife/gf..." So a man who doesn't wear heels at all is going to walk well in a pair of heels that are taller than than the heels his wife wears regularly. I guess what I'm saying is that it may make the wearer feel better, but is probably not fooling anyone.

If that is a line you use (and I couldn't find the original post of it), then yeah I agree, it could be better.. I think, "My wife challenged me to wear heels" is a succinct enough reason to anyone you might meet. Too many details can sometimes be a bad thing. If you meet someone that does seem more inquisitive, then you can always add, "these are the heels she picked out for me to wear." If they push the issue of "why are they so high?", you could choose among: - "I don't know,that's what she picked out" - "my wife wears high heels herself" - "I guess she made an exaggeration (in the height) to make a point" I don't have a problem with having (and if necessary using) a cover story. There are a lot of us that at least at this point in their heeling, maybe never, don't want others to think we freely choose to do this. It can be easier to 'blame' something else (Halloween) or someone else (a challenge), again not a problem (at least with me).

I think in todays modern society you don't have to explain what you are doing, Your doing it and that is that. Back in the old days late sixties etc (bet there were guys heelling since heels were invented long ago) When I used to venture out in my heels I would feel so guilty about doing my thing, if anyone asked you had to explain in some way. I used to find many ways of forcing myself to wear my shoes, catch a train to a local town, destroy your male shoes and have to wear your girly shoes back. I loved it but I had to force myself to do it, I don't do that today but I could tell a tale or two from twenty or so years ago.

life is not a rehearsal

Granted, my style is pretty conservative as far as heels go... Cowboy boots with heels of 3 inches at most.. I don't get much attention, especially with long jeans, but I've had a few complements and been asked a couple times to which I answered, "Because I like them", and something to the effect that "i'm trying something new and different"...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.