your first time

jamie1608

Wow, this got me thinking (and remembering how old I am!). The first time I decided to actually walk down the street in a pair of heels, I was probably about 19 or 20 years old (early 70's). At that time, the in styles were mostly low, blocky heels for women, but I of course, didn't want those, so I managed to find a pair of relatively thin heeled pumps with crossed instep straps in a size that I could squeeze my feet into (womens 10 was about as big as one could readily find back then, and I wore a mens 10-10.5, so it was definitely a squeeze). It was a cold day, and I fugured that, with jeans, a longer coat, and my head wrapped with a scarf, no one would readily know if I was male of female. So I took those first few steps out of the car and down the street in broad daylight. I didn't get a half of a block before an old man came around the corner (it was so cold I wasn't expecting anyone to be out walking!). He looked at me and asked why I was wearing a babushka! I guess he never noticed my heels, though I imagine he did see them as I walked away. I was too scared to reply, I just kept going, walking quickly back to me car, shaking like crazy! Rather put a damper on my enjoyment of the moment, though now I'd likely give him an answer! Thanks for rekindling a memory!

Dressed as a woman for halloween 1989. A few days before, I took a stroll around the apartment complex taking care to avoid others. I was wearing 3.5 or 4" pumps with a blue and black party dress. I was really skinny back then. Halloween was fun going to 5 or 6 parties in heels. After that, there was no going back.

When I was in high school, I had an early morning class that started at 6:00 AM. On occasions, when I knew I was going to be alone, I would walk out the front door in 4" stiletto pumps and walk about 3/4 of a mile to the classroom. Of course, before going in I'd change to the socially accepted male footwear. Had I been brave and just been open in my heeling, maybe this world would have been an easier place for male heeling, but I was in a secretive mode, not wanting to experience any more of the arrows of social ridicule and exile.

My first time was dressed enfemme to a Halloween Party and driving for the first time in heels. My Mom ran a St. Vincent de Paul store in the town where we lived and helped me select everything that I needed. Sure had fun and won first prize. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I wore my heels [3.5" thick stilletto ankle boots] for the first time during New Year's Eve 2006/07. Ooh, the feet were killing me, as I didn't know anything at all about gel cushions - really...

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

with me going to wear some heels outside soon. what was your first time like, when did you do it and where did you go?

Nervous as heel! But exciting. Me and a lady friend went to Dallas shoe warehouse in Cleveland and then to the Mall. A little weird feeling but it felt good to be me as me.

When we got to the mall, I hesitated to get out of the car in my heels then she talked me into it. Glad she did. Never looked back. I wore 4" stacked heel mj's. Black.

That was about 10 years ago.

real men wear heels

with me going to wear some heels outside soon. what was your first time like, when did you do it and where did you go?

I think you'll find lots of individual posts - look for 'outing' or 'streethealing' threads. My story was in a post about a week ago.

My first time in public in women's stiletto high heels was at night in a post office, then to a convenience store, and finally a coffe shop. I thought I was going to be sick all night. But at the end of the evening, it was one of the greatest highs I've ever experienced.

My first time can be read here:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/6091-street_party_heeling_-_i_did_-_didn_t_hurt.html

but since I consider that a cheaty situation, costume party, I prefer to consider this a real one:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/9534-my_first_real_freestyling.html

Both was nerve wracking situations. It's a lot easier today.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Twenty-seven years ago!!! They were Carriage Court black stretch pig skin calf boot with a 2.5 or 3" heel, sold by Sears. I wore them into a Sears store, went to the hardware department bought a 1/2" drill chuck key. I walked on every carpeted area I could find, hid behind clothes racks and I was very nervous. Now I walk as though nothing is out of the ordinary (and nothing is) wearing 5" stilettos enjoying every look and conversation. What a difference this forum and time make. Thanks Guys for sharing. Now I have a BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS. I got a compliment from a young ladie while she was sweeping the floor under my table at Arbies last night. My wife and I were there for dinner after some shopping. I was wearing my 5" knee high lace-ups.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

My first time in public in women's stiletto high heels was at night in a post office, then to a convenience store, and finally a coffe shop. I thought I was going to be sick all night. But at the end of the evening, it was one of the greatest highs I've ever experienced.

My first time was similar, only just at night in a post office. Then just going back home to think about what fun it was to go out at night.

My first time was similar, only just at night in a post office. Then just going back home to think about what fun it was to go out at night.

There must be something to the whole "post office" thing.. My first outing was an evening trip to the post office to drop a few bills in the mail..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

My first time was one month ago when I went to Carrefour supermarket to do my weekly shopping. I wear black bootins 4 inches under my jeans. I was very affraid that all the people would look at me and will hear the cli-cloe noise of my high heels. I left the car and I walked troughout the parking lot nervous and excited but satisfied and proud because finally I would do what I wanted to do: go on heels in the street. When I arrive into the big mall, I did a promenade trough the corridors and in different shoes shops. Everything was perfect and nobody pay atention to me including the woman that sold me the bootins two days ago. As much as I walk, as much confident I felt on my 4 inches heels and with the black pursue that I hanged in my sholuder. Finally I did my shoping in Carrefour during 30 minutes more, walking better than Victoria Beckham on her 6 inches heels!!!! After this first intent, I am now living on heels except for work (house, driving, shoping, walking in the streets,....) and everyday I roll up more and more my jeans to show up to the people that I am proud of walking on high heels!!!

• Like 1

My first time out wearing heels was of frustration with a peace of equipment failing to an auto parts store. I was wearing a pair of brown boots with a 4" chunky heel. I didn't even think about what I was wearing. I have worn heels to the post office because it was late at night and I thought no one would be there. I have also worn them to the gas station at night and did pay at the pump.

i wear high heeled boots everyday even to church , the ones i wear the most are black knee high boots with a 4'' wedge heel and about a 1/2 '' platform in front , my jeans stop about 1'' from the bottom of the heels and i love wearing them. i wore them today to church and walked around there all morning , then went to the store this afternoon wearing them and never even noticed anybody looking at me wearing them. i know i may be strange wearing high heeled boots to church but im comfortable wearing them and i love looking at the other women wearing boots and have tried getting the nerves to ask some where they get theirs from. maybe one day i will do that .

Others are all 3..LOL But, once you feel the asphault under your shoes, it's a rush. You have 2 differing feeling that can come out of you once you're standing out of the car for the first time: 1: Nervously looking around for "potential spotters", and walking hurried to and fro. 2: Concentrate on the feeling of your feet, the sound of the shoes, and keep your head up and looking towards where you're walking. 2 is always better to do.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

There's another feeling: it's "OMG! It's a lot different walking on pavement or in a mall than it is taking a few short steps in the house!" (And sometimes: "Hey, these shoes aren't as easy to walk in or as comfortable as I hoped!" <sigh>) No matter what, though, it's a good learning experience! GWL

gwl1, I remember buying my first pair of 5" stiletto pumps back when I was 20, and sneaking out of the house at 2am for a stroll down the street. The first thing that crossed my mind was how much harder to walk the shoes were when not on thick carpeting! LOL

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Heels inside is absolutely easier to handle than wearing heels outside. Slippery mall floors are the worst thing to get used to. I tried wearing 4" stilettos to the mall several years ago and about broke my neck! Head to the carpet sections asap. Also, if heels make you horny, wear loose enough pants to keep the rest of the world from knowing of your excitement! (I made that mistake at a party once and thought I would never hear the end of it. Today, I mostly wear chunky heels if I'm out and about. Chunky 5" heels are no problem (even in the mall). Oh, and get ready to hear a big, freakin' huge sound when you walk. I love it now, but at first, it made me so embarrassed! Good luck. Don't fall. :w00t2::clap::lmao::clap:;-):):clap::clap::clap::wave: We're all cheering for you!

what does it feel like wearing heels outside for the first time?

It's really quite a feeling. It can be very exciting, lots of butterflies in your stomach, but it can also make you feel a little uptight. You might be thinking "What if someone I know sees me?" which really gets your heart pumping.

I'm just getting started in my adventures, but I can tell you that it can be quite a thrill.

what does it feel like wearing heels outside for the first time?

You have to remember to stay relaxed, no matter how hard your heart goes to pumping. I suggest to start out in a low heel about 2 & 1/2 to 3 inches with a chunky heel. You don't want to be wobbling while you walk and draw attention to yourself. I have enjoyed my couple of outtings. I wear a boot with a 2 & 1/2 inch block heel and I just went out wearing a 3 inch block heel boot.

As to what it feels like to wear heels outside for the first time? I was nervous and excited booth at the same time. I had to remember to walk slower than I normally do. I knew my heels were mostly covered by my pants. I even ran into someone that I go to church with but I remained calm and talked with her as nothing was up. Remember to have fun and relax they are just shoes.

You might be thinking "What if someone I know sees me?"

Happens to me every day. Usually someone from work. Just be your self and try to forget your wearing heels. No one has ever mentioned a word about it so far. They don't treat me any different either. Good luck.:w00t2:

real men wear heels

My first time was probably no different than most guys. It starts by deciding that today is the day I'm going out in public.

I decided on a low key outing, at night in an area with a few people. I chose a large outlet store area. The place is like a ghost town at night with lots of places to park your car and lots of concrete sidewalks to hear the sound of your heels.

The first rush of excitement happened when I got into my car and left the house knowing that I'm driving in heels without any backup shoes.

Even though I was more likely to be hit by a meteor than be spotted by someone, deciding to get out of the car was hard. I took a deep breath and opened the car door. Although I was really nervous walking around at night in heels, it was such a rush listening to the noise of heels, knowing that I finally had the courage to walk in public. The even bigger rush was seeing my reflection on the store windows.

Although that was my first official outing, I don't really consider it my real first public outing. I think the first time is only when you go out in public in broad daylight and KNOW that people are going to spot you in heels. When you manage to leave your car on that day (It was waaay harder but I managed to do it), then you are officially a public heeler.

I have to agree with most of the public heeling guys on this site when they say that you are the biggest obstacle to public heeling. Most people don't care and if they do, they won't say anything about it and go about their business.

These days, I still get a big rush and nervousness of public heeling when going in more feminine attire, i.e. if I decide to wear a skirt and stiletto heel boots. No way to hide while wearing that, especially while waiting in line for any reason. I don't think twice about wearing any type of heeled shoes/boots underneath/with jeans, although a combination of knee high/otk boots over the jeans would still makes me pause before exiting my vehicle. I only hope that I'll eventually have the courage to wear my skirts and boots in public as confidently as wearing a t-shirts, jeans and flats. It'll happen.