your first time

jamie1608

I still pause before exiting the car in heels. Overcoming it is getting easier and easier but I still fear someone from work seeing me. I go to all the places they would be but haven't run into them yet. Was at Target once and one of the secretaries from the office was there and we spoke but I don't think she even noticed. My wife makes it easy for me as she encourages me and gets me over the pauses. She is usually in 5" heels to and I think many of the looks I attribute to my heels are actually checking hers out. My first public outing was back in 1989 for halloween. Had an awesome time and continued in private until a couple years ago when this forum gave me the courage to walk out the door.

The first time I did it away from the roof of my house, it was a quick 4am stroll through my neighborhood, two nights before Christmas, in the shoes you see to the left. It was pretty cold. The first time I wore heels out in the day time was a few months later, and it was to go shopping for heels. Nobody bothered me then, either.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

That was 28 years ago, I was at a remote lodge care taking, I wore the boots all day and walked all over the place. Then in Public, a year or two later, concealed behind pants in the evening. I remember that it was so exciting and heart racing and feeling so vulnerable it took a couple of days to wind down. Now on occasion I get the heart beating a bit more but am way more comfortable wearing them. If I had been asked to write my name during my first times out in heels I might have been diagnosed with epilepsy rather than astounding excitement. Mtnsofheels

Now I don't think that I ever had to write my name for anything while out in heels anywhere. I don't use charge cards for anything. I usually pay in cash, even for gas, so writing my name would not be neccessary. But it does give one thought to ponder. I wonder just how nervous that I would be?:w00t2: Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

For the many times I have been to the bank, grocery stores, gas stations. clothing stores, book stores, post office, and etc., no one has really confronted me wearing my stilettos. There have been some obvious sightings, because I have caught or glimpsed a few stares and expressions of some faces, but if they have a problem with my right to choose, let me be able to tell them what to wear.

• 1 month later...

My first time was at a vicars and tarts fancy dress party back in the 70's. My girl friend at the time insisted I go as a tart in high heel boots, tightly laced corset and mini skirt. The evening was painful fun! The first time for real was, like many it seems, a late night stroll to the post office. I was surprised at the click-clacking which echoed around but no one noticed. And yes, I think it did put my heartbeat up!

I wore my heels for a first time on New Year's Eve 2006/07, and I remember that a heel came off a boot when I stomped on a balloon to pierce it for fun :thumbsup:. My feet were killing me because I had no gel cushions. Good that I carried my heels in a bag and changed at the venue, instead of wearing them all the time.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Magic Heels:-) Welcome to the Forum. I see that your age is listed as 79 years old. If that is correct, then you have me beat on age and may well be the oldest member on the Forum. Do you still wear heels? Cheers--- Dawn HH

I think I may have posted this story before in another thread a while ago, but my first time was by accident when I was 13. I was on vacation with my parents and another couple and their kids. I got a really nasty sunburn and stayed in the room for the hottest part of the afternoon. The woman of the couple had large feet, which I knew because she was complaining about them for most of the trip, so when nobody was around I decided to try her shoes. I put on a pair of wedge heel espadrilles (it was 1980) and wore them around the room. Feeling daring I slipped on jeans and went to get ice. But, I forgot to take a key and locked myself out of the room. I was panicked inside but remained cool outside. I went to the hotel lobby, got somebody to let me into my room and quickly put the shoes away. As a young kid, I knew that years of therapy, drama, and speculation lay ahead if I were caught. But in any case it was a really cool experience. It wasn't for 20 years after that I bought my first pair of heels.

Style is built from the ground up!

Happyfeat:-) Even that little espadrille, er, escapade would have made your heart skip a beat or two even staying cool. I'll bet you were glad to have safe haven in that room again. I had a very close one when I was growing up. We lived in a two story house, you know, one where the front door was at the foot of the stairway to the second floor? One of Mom's friends came by unexpectedly to visit while my sister and I were playing around and making noise and running up and down the stairway ocassionly. Mom took her into the kitchen so they could visit a while and we continued our play. She had worn a pair of black patent knee-high pointy-toed, stiletto high heeled boots which she took off and left unzipped at the front door. I just had to try them on and then walk around a bit. Just then, Mom noticed that we were making much too much noise and came to the door of the kitchen to yell at us about it. I quickly yanked those boots off and we both turned to run up the stairway. Mom couldn't see the boots as I had them in front of me as I ran to the stairs and I just dropped them as I turned to run up the stairs. It looked like we scattered the boots in our hurry to make the stairs. As we got to the top and hid my Mom yelled up the stairs that we had better settle down so she could finish her visit with her friend. I want to tell you I was sweating bullets that I would get punished, but Mom didn't know or hadn't seen just what we had done. All she knew was that we were just making way too much noise and interrupting her. Talk about luck, eh? I must have lived a charmed life. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I think it was taking out the trash one night. Too lazy to change, looked around to see if the neighbors were out of sight, then went for it. Later, it was a bar, then the movies, pumping gas, travelling, whatever. I just don't wear anywhere I'm likely to be spotted by someone I know and will have to interact with later. Too much prejudice in the world, and instead of "making my statement," I'd rather slip into mocs as that's so much easier than dealing with the prejudice.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.