The Jaunts of JeffB!

22 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I can't believe you haven't tried cropped leggings until now! It's also funny that I mentioned them in the post immediately before your reveal. Good choice on the shoes, by the way! In case you're wondering, I do actually own flat sandals too.

Well, better to be late to the party than to never show up at all. Nevertheless, I've quickly come to enjoy cropped leggings, now to buy tops to go with them. Meanwhile, nothing like good timing! HA!

13 hours ago, Cali said:

From the season the Eagles are having, I'd thought you would have enough spooky stuff to watch.:boxing:

Touche! 😄

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the kind words! Jaunt #559, 10/3/2020: Two items of business before I talk about the day’s outing.... Item 1: As is my biannual practice around early October, on Friday, I swapped

Jaunt #355, 2/4/2017: Despite abundant sunshine yesterday, temps struggled to break the low 30's, so, I decided to go on my outing at a mall where I could be inside where it's warm. The mall in questi

Jaunt #524, 10/26/2019: As cooler weather settles in after some fits and starts earlier this month, a particular trend I’ve seen with girls and women is to wear leggings, and if women sport them, then

Posted Images

Cropped leggings, JeffB. Those are capri leggings. I wear capri leggings during the warm months. I just bought my first pair of cropped leggings from Penny's  Mixit brand, Sunday. The color was black with blue floral prints. I like to wear colorful leggings. The length is longer than my capri length, but shorter than my ankle length leggings. Kind of in the middle. Just the same they do look good on you with your heels. I wear heels with my leggings lots of times. It's a good way to show off your heels.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RonC said:

Hey look!  A photo of Jeff in heels!   lol

I think he's under contact to do it once a year.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, RonC said:

Hey look!  A photo of Jeff in heels!   lol

I'm the Halley's Comet of heelers! 😄

9 hours ago, Cali said:

I think he's under contact to do it once a year.

Hey! When did you get a peek at that contract? 😝

• Like 1
21 hours ago, bluejay said:

Cropped leggings, JeffB. Those are capri leggings. I wear capri leggings during the warm months. I just bought my first pair of cropped leggings from Penny's  Mixit brand, Sunday. The color was black with blue floral prints. I like to wear colorful leggings. The length is longer than my capri length, but shorter than my ankle length leggings. Kind of in the middle. Just the same they do look good on you with your heels. I wear heels with my leggings lots of times. It's a good way to show off your heels.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Haha, they are probably supposed to be cropped leggings, but on Jeff they end up being nearly capris. Likewise, his nominal 3 inch heels are awfully Audrey Hepburnish in their geometry. I have the opposite "problems."

• Like 2
9 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Haha, they are probably supposed to be cropped leggings, but on Jeff they end up being nearly capris. Likewise, his nominal 3 inch heels are awfully Audrey Hepburnish in their geometry. I have the opposite "problems."

Hmm! That hadn’t occurred to me. At six foot two, I’m one of the tallest members here, so those leggings did come up rather short. And my height made those heels seem small. 

On 9/30/2020 at 9:08 PM, six5luvheels said:

Some of us are a tad taller.  But Jeff I like your style. 

Thanks for the kind words!

Jaunt #559, 10/3/2020: Two items of business before I talk about the day’s outing....

Item 1: As is my biannual practice around early October, on Friday, I swapped out my spring/summer attire in favor of my fall/winter clothing. It was rather chilly that day, so I figured it was time for the change, still, I was more than a little disappointed since I didn’t get to enjoy a full warm weather season because of the virus and the lockdown, hopefully things will be different in 2021.

Item 2: Speaking of disappointment, while masks are important these days because of the virus, I can’t wear lipstick, something I enjoyed because I liked how I looked with my lips painted. In fact, I considered making lipstick a permanent part of my freestyling image when the pandemic hit. I know it says in my signature that I don't want to look like a woman, still, I rather like having color on my lips. If the mask mandate were to ever end, perhaps I’ll go ahead and wear lipstick full time on my outings.

But, I digress. The day started out rather chilly, despite abundant sunshine, and the forecast called for temperatures no better than the high 50’s to low 60’s, so, on the day after I did the wardrobe swap, I dressed for the trip in a magenta moto jacket over a black turtleneck, a leopard print denim skirt, black tights, the Payless “Martinez” ankle boots in black, a black handbag and a matching mask. As a first outfit goes for the start of the cool weather season, I thought I looked pretty darn good, the skirt was daring for the day, but I didn’t mind being something of an exhibitionist, heck, I thought it was fun, meanwhile, I was in heels (all 2 1/2 inches worth) for a second straight outing, what a concept, especially after weeks spent in flat sandals during spring and summer.

I drove downtown and parked some three blocks away from Rittenhouse Square Park. As I fed the meter, a couple of twentysomething women crossed the street, one of them smiled at me and said she loved my jacket and that it was her favorite color, I nodded and thanked her for the compliment. At the friendly neighborhood comic book shop, I commiserated with the staff over both the Eagles and Phillies having lost last Sunday, talking sports with the guys at the store was always good fun, regardless of whether the local teams won or lost, but, here in Philadelphia, unfortunately, it’s often more the latter than the former, still, that’s the way it goes in the world of sports and the fans of same. Because it was Saturday, the park area was mondo busy with the weekly farmer’s market while a side street was blocked off for outdoor dining, despite the chill, that meant lots and lots of people out and about who ignored me as I strolled down crowded streets to my favorite pizzeria where I had a slice of barbecue chicken with a bottle of water for lunch. Back to the car, I drove over to South Jersey, stopping at Cherry Hill Mall, going into JCPenney, I did some shopping for a solid thirty minutes, but, unlike the last time I was there, on this occasion, I did buy a couple of items from the women’s side of the aisle, I’ll show off those items on a future outing. As for the mall itself, it was fairly well crowded for a Saturday, the food court was open again, but three eateries were still closed, as were a couple of stores that had been open on my last trip, part of the new normal in retail.

Driving down the road to Moorestown Mall, I saw right away that there was a bit of a larger crowd than there had been on a previous Saturday I visited, I think I had mentioned a Planet Fitness was under construction there, and the place was still being built, but all the exercise machines were in place, I went to Boscov’s for some shopping, having bought a couple of turtlenecks for the fall/winter wardrobe, and, at that point, my day was over and I headed back home. While there wasn’t much in the way of seasonal clothing on the floor of the stores I visited, but, I’m sure that stuff will soon come, and I’ll be interested in seeing what will soon be available. More to come....

Jaunt #559, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #559, outfit-1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, JeffB said:

Thanks for the kind words!

Jaunt #559, 10/3/2020: Two items of business before I talk about the day’s outing....

Item 1: As is my biannual practice around early October, on Friday, I swapped out my spring/summer attire in favor of my fall/winter clothing. It was rather chilly that day, so I figured it was time for the change, still, I was more than a little disappointed since I didn’t get to enjoy a full warm weather season because of the virus and the lockdown, hopefully things will be different in 2021.

Item 2: Speaking of disappointment, while masks are important these days because of the virus, I can’t wear lipstick, something I enjoyed because I liked how I looked with my lips painted. In fact, I considered making lipstick a permanent part of my freestyling image when the pandemic hit. I know it says in my signature that I don't want to look like a woman, still, I rather like having color on my lips. If the mask mandate were to ever end, perhaps I’ll go ahead and wear lipstick full time on my outings.

But, I digress. The day started out rather chilly, despite abundant sunshine, and the forecast called for temperatures no better than the high 50’s to low 60’s, so, on the day after I did the wardrobe swap, I dressed for the trip in a magenta moto jacket over a black turtleneck, a leopard print denim skirt, black tights, the Payless “Martinez” ankle boots in black, a black handbag and a matching mask. As a first outfit goes for the start of the cool weather season, I thought I looked pretty darn good, the skirt was daring for the day, but I didn’t mind being something of an exhibitionist, heck, I thought it was fun, meanwhile, I was in heels (all 2 1/2 inches worth) for a second straight outing, what a concept, especially after weeks spent in flat sandals during spring and summer.

I drove downtown and parked some three blocks away from Rittenhouse Square Park. As I fed the meter, a couple of twentysomething women crossed the street, one of them smiled at me and said she loved my jacket and that it was her favorite color, I nodded and thanked her for the compliment. At the friendly neighborhood comic book shop, I commiserated with the staff over both the Eagles and Phillies having lost last Sunday, talking sports with the guys at the store was always good fun, regardless of whether the local teams won or lost, but, here in Philadelphia, unfortunately, it’s often more the latter than the former, still, that’s the way it goes in the world of sports and the fans of same. Because it was Saturday, the park area was mondo busy with the weekly farmer’s market while a side street was blocked off for outdoor dining, despite the chill, that meant lots and lots of people out and about who ignored me as I strolled down crowded streets to my favorite pizzeria where I had a slice of barbecue chicken with a bottle of water for lunch. Back to the car, I drove over to South Jersey, stopping at Cherry Hill Mall, going into JCPenney, I did some shopping for a solid thirty minutes, but, unlike the last time I was there, on this occasion, I did buy a couple of items from the women’s side of the aisle, I’ll show off those items on a future outing. As for the mall itself, it was fairly well crowded for a Saturday, the food court was open again, but three eateries were still closed, as were a couple of stores that had been open on my last trip, part of the new normal in retail.

Driving down the road to Moorestown Mall, I saw right away that there was a bit of a larger crowd than there had been on a previous Saturday I visited, I think I had mentioned a Planet Fitness was under construction there, and the place was still being built, but all the exercise machines were in place, I went to Boscov’s for some shopping, having bought a couple of turtlenecks for the fall/winter wardrobe, and, at that point, my day was over and I headed back home. While there wasn’t much in the way of seasonal clothing on the floor of the stores I visited, but, I’m sure that stuff will soon come, and I’ll be interested in seeing what will soon be available. More to come....

Jaunt #559, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #559, outfit-1.jpg

Looking fabulous as always! Love the skirt and jacket!!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

Looking fabulous as always! Love the skirt and jacket!!

Thanks for the kind words, SD!

Jaunt #560, 10/4/2020: From the “Go Figure” department, two days after I swapped out my spring/summer stuff for fall/winter attire, temps spiked into the mid 60’s. Go figure. Anyhoo, I took full advantage of the warm weather to wear a couple of items I bought at JCPenney on Saturday. When I first got serious about wearing leggings, I was content with plain old black, mostly because it looked sleek on me while emphasizing both my long legs and my rear end, however, since I enjoy experimenting, I thought I’d be daring and give something other than black a try, namely, Mixit leopard print leggings which I paired with the other item I bought, a Liz Claiborne black top with lace trimmed sleeves to which I added the Payless “Terri” ankle boots in black, a black handbag and a matching mask. When I looked in the mirror at myself in the leggings, I nodded and said, “Yeah, this can work”. While I never envisioned myself wearing a print style, I liked this a lot while the black top and boots provided excellent contrast.

Since this was “Errand Sunday”, I headed west to the local haunts in Springfield, the first stop was to Acme supermarket for non-perishable odds and ends, after parking the car, as I was on my way into the store, I did get a wide eyed, slack jawed look from a woman who passed by in the passenger seat of a pickup truck, otherwise, no one batted at me while I was in the store for well over thirty minutes, shopping just like everyone else, and that’s the important thing, to behave like what I wear is no big deal, because it isn’t, plain and simple. Stop number two was right next door (kinda sorta) at Home Depot which is where I go for disposable masks, after I walked in, a black woman in her 40’s said to me, “Honey, you look sharp in those pants!” I chuckled and said thanks. Nice of someone to notice, even if I didn’t set out for that to happen, still, it’s always great to get a compliment. Stop number three was to Best Buy where I sought new rechargeable batteries for the point and shoot camera I use to take the pictures I regale everyone here with along with a cordless phone for my bedroom....after spending some thirty minutes doing what I always do there, ogle at gadgets, gizmos and electronics, something that never gets old for me, even after all these years.

It was an absolute blast to have worn those leopard print leggings, moreso than I anticipated, and that made the experience all the more fun. Suddenly, I find myself interested in wanting to experiment with other colors and patterns, and that only increases my appreciation for leggings. More to come....

Jaunt #560, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #560, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 3

Ya know, I'm not a skirt or dress wearing dude, but I think maybe I could do something along the lines of that! Thanks for sharing. Things that make you go "hmmmm." But in a good way.

• Like 1

I have been into getting leopard print items for some time. They become the statement piece, so I like to mix them with a solid color. And I got a leopard print mask to go along with my leopard print sherpa.

• Like 1

Nicely done JeffB. I wear leopard print leggings, too. I also like snake skin print leggings. Besides I have all kinds of floral print leggings. The more color and bling, the more I like them. Usually get some compliments from the gals. Keep up the good work.

BTW, I'll bet your smiling ear to ear after that win yesterday of the Eagles over the Forty Niners. Buffalo Bills are 4 and o, though.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1
22 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Ya know, I'm not a skirt or dress wearing dude, but I think maybe I could do something along the lines of that! Thanks for sharing. Things that make you go "hmmmm." But in a good way.

I'm glad I gave you an idea. I fully understand that not everyone here is into skirts or dresses like I am, meanwhile, it's ironic that leggings are the closest thing I'll come to wearing bifurcated garments in public these days. Heh!

21 hours ago, Cali said:

I have been into getting leopard print items for some time. They become the statement piece, so I like to mix them with a solid color. And I got a leopard print mask to go along with my leopard print sherpa.

Hmm! Print masks! Not a bad idea! Something other than solid color. I'll have to look into that!

6 hours ago, bluejay said:

Nicely done JeffB. I wear leopard print leggings, too. I also like snake skin print leggings. Besides I have all kinds of floral print leggings. The more color and bling, the more I like them. Usually get some compliments from the gals. Keep up the good work.

BTW, I'll bet your smiling ear to ear after that win yesterday of the Eagles over the Forty Niners. Buffalo Bills are 4 and o, though.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Perhaps I'll give a floral print a looksee next. And yeah, watching the Birds notch that first win was fun!

Jaunt #561, 10/10/2020: In another instance of “go figure”, the weather was kooky, though in a good way as temps reached 70 with mostly sunny skies along with a little humidity which made things feel a tad warmer that it already was. That said, I went to the backup closet for a spring/summer item for today’s outing: a short sleeved floral print sheath dress from Sears along with the Payless “Corey” semi-patent flats, a black satchel bag and a disposable blue mask which I figured would pair better with my ensemble. Even though it’s October, I thought I could get away with such a brightly colored dress, I originally considered a solid color, but opted to go with being colorful, mainly because I could, so I did. As for the shoes, I won’t deny I really love wearing the “Corey” flats which stand out, look cool and are comfortable for long periods spent on my feet. I know what you’re all saying: “But, Jeff! They’re not heels!” I know, but, like I’ve said numerous times, I’ve evolved beyond wearing only heels, as a fashion freestyler, I’ve embraced flat shoes when the outfit called for them.

Oh, yeah, the destination du jour for the day was the King of Prussia Mall, I arrived some ten minutes before the stores opened at eleven a.m., entering the mall, I saw the now usual lines outside Louis Vuitton, Tiffany and the Apple Store, however, it looked like the line outside Apple was longer, I guess shoppers were more interested in fancy gadgets than in flashy baubles, given my deep appreciation for all things electrical and electronic, plus the fact I’ve been an Apple user since 1994, I’d stand in line for the gadgets too. Heh! After a stop at the comic book shop, I was in a store that sold vinyl, CD’s and cassette and related musical stuff when a twentysomething woman with spiked green hair, seriously heavy eyeliner and goth wear came up to me and said my dress looked cute and I thanked her for the compliment. It was then that she asked a question I never expected in my wildest dreams: "Are you wearing panties under that dress?" In all the years I’ve been doing these outings, I never, EVER had anyone ask about my underwear, not once, so, I was taken aback initially, mainly because she was so matter of fact when she posed that question, like it was no big deal, maybe to her, it wasn’t. I suppose I could’ve been indignant and politely said that was none of her business, but, I chuckled and said yes, because I was, as is my practice, I don’t wear a single stitch of men’s clothing while out and about, then added I was wearing pink. The woman smiled and simply said, “Cool. You have real balls”, then walked off. Wow!

Everything was uneventful after that. After lunch, I swung by Lord & Taylor which was deep in a store closing sale and bought a a gold pendant for just $19.99, not too bad, I mean, who doesn’t love a sale? I know I do. At Old Navy, I bought a pair of leggings and nice, light sweater I thought would work well in cool, but not cold weather, something I could pair with say, a vest or denim jacket, that was on sale too, also $19.99. Perhaps I could show it off on an upcoming jaunt, we’ll see about that. The rest of the visit to the mall went smoothly as no one paid me any mind, always a good thing, still, my encounter with that, er, oddly inquisitive young woman made for one heck of a memorable experience. In the end, it’s what makes my outings so much fun, because I never know what to expect when I interact with people. More to come....

Jaunt #561, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #561, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Such a fabulous dress, it suits your figure 😍

As for such an unexpected question, you handled it with style. It might be time to dig out the camisoles, slips and tights as the weather cools :)

Edited by SkirtDude

Jaunt #562, 10/11/2020: Before I get down to the nuts and bolts of yesterday’s outing, I’d like to report up front that no one asked about my underwear. Heh! I’m still amused about that encounter, one that might well never happen again, but, you never know. And now, back to our regularly scheduled outing, as today is Sunday, that means it’s time to run errands, something I’ve come to enjoy, and this one was no different as I headed west into Springfield wearing a magenta mockneck sweater from Old Navy, the Hue black cropped leggings, the Payless “Bree” black fabric flats, a black handbag and a matching mask. The sweater which I bought on Saturday was thin yet suitable for fall as it wasn’t warm enough for short sleeves, but not cool enough for a jacket. As for the leggings, now, they are indeed cropped, said so on the packaging when I bought them, however, at six foot two with long legs, they do look like capri length on me, but hey, that’s okay because I like that look. Meanwhile, once again, I went with flats, haven’t worn the “Bree” shoes in quite some time, and I thought they went well with my purely casual outfit.

The weather was cloudy, but dry, so I made Acme supermarket my first stop, walking into the store, I did attract wide eyed stares from a pair of twin boys, all of maybe four or five years old, I’m guessing they weren’t curious about what I had on under the leggings. That was the only time anyone in the store took anything in the way of an active interest in my appearance as I went about my shopping, spending a casual twenty minutes in the store going about my business. After Acme, I was back in the car and headed down the road to Bed Bath & Beyond, a new go to place for me on Errand Sunday, once inside, I wandered the aisles, picking up four dish towels, a brush to clean my plates with, and a container to put my silverware in, in other words, kitchen stuff which I’ll readily use, and all for a hair under twenty bucks after taxes. My final stop of the day was kinda sorta next door at Target where I bought a newspaper and, irony of irony after yesterday, a 6-pack of Hanes women’s briefs. Was that on the agenda, even after yesterday? Pretty much, just seemed like something I needed to buy, so I did. At the time, it was just after noon, that meant it was time to head back home so I could sit down and watch the Eagles play crosstown rival Pittsburgh.

Just like with skirts and dresses, it’s become all the easier to wear leggings on my outings, especially with tops that puts my rear end on full display, and since I happen to have a nice ass, why not show it off? It’s all in good fun, regardless of if people inquire about my undergarments. Yeah, I’m not going to forget THAT anytime soon! More to come....

Jaunt #562, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #562, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

Hahahaha, the underwear story is great! I am actually laughing out loud, over here in Iowa, in real life. I don't even know why it's funny, but it is. I don't ever think about my underwear. Maybe I should!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

Hahahaha, the underwear story is great! I am actually laughing out loud, over here in Iowa, in real life. I don't even know why it's funny, but it is. I don't ever think about my underwear. Maybe I should!

I know. Plenty wild, eh? Just one of the reasons I enjoy my outings, that being the unpredictability of it all, just like life itself.

6 hours ago, JeffB said:

Just like with skirts and dresses, it’s become all the easier to wear leggings on my outings, especially with tops that puts my rear end on full display, and since I happen to have a nice ass, why not show it off? It’s all in good fun, regardless of if people inquire about my undergarments. Yeah, I’m not going to forget THAT anytime soon! More to come....

Wore my leggings on Wednesday and a thin SPF 50 hoodie. Went kayaking at noon and ran a few errands in my Nike leggings on the way home.  I had a few looks.  ;-)

And finally, because of your underwear story, inquiring minds want to know.

Granny panties. briefs, thong, or string?

Just kidding!    8)

Edited by Cali
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Boxer and heels work for me. I like the airier feel of boxers. If I had short shorts then not so much.

Jeff I too laughed out loud. Am amazed at what a total stranger will ask. Your honest answer was perfect.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jkrenzer said:

Boxer and heels work for me. I like the airier feel of boxers. If I had short shorts then not so much.

Jeff I too laughed out loud. Am amazed at what a total stranger will ask. Your honest answer was perfect.

Well, under the circumstances, that was the only answer I could give. Heh!

Interesting story Jeff!  I rarely get asked about my heels on an outing, let alone my underwear!

• Like 1

JeffB, nice look with the capri leggings. I'm only 5'10". The Mixit pair of cropped leggings I bought at Penny's came to the right length on me, to wear with a pair of Tom's blue suede 3" chunky heel booties which showed off a 3" gap above my booties. That's a look that I see a lot of women sporting these days. I was standing in line at my bank on Saturday when a lady behind me commented that she liked my leggings (black with blue floral prints) as the booties matched my polo shirt perfectly along with my blue cross body bag I was carrying. I thanked her for the compliment and said that they were from Penny's. BTW she didn't ask me about my undies I was wearing, if she did I would of told her they were a pair of bikini briefs(ladies of course). LOL

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Interesting story Jeff!  I rarely get asked about my heels on an outing, let alone my underwear!

I know, right? Chances are that might never happen again!

7 hours ago, bluejay said:

JeffB, nice look with the capri leggings. I'm only 5'10". The Mixit pair of cropped leggings I bought at Penny's came to the right length on me, to wear with a pair of Tom's blue suede 3" chunky heel booties which showed off a 3" gap above my booties. That's a look that I see a lot of women sporting these days. I was standing in line at my bank on Saturday when a lady behind me commented that she liked my leggings (black with blue floral prints) as the booties matched my polo shirt perfectly along with my blue cross body bag I was carrying. I thanked her for the compliment and said that they were from Penny's. BTW she didn't ask me about my undies I was wearing, if she did I would of told her they were a pair of bikini briefs(ladies of course). LOL

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Hmm! Interesting! I'll have to experiment with that!

The underwear subject. My buddy knew I wore womens clothing. We went to Vegas in February and I wore my women's flare jeans. We did a 500 mile drive, got there and got drunk. Next morning I'm looking for my toothpaste...no idea as the night before was a blur and he digs through my discarded clothes through my womens pants and finds my lady undies with it. His face was puzzled. Told him panty lines...think he got the idea of tight pants and undies. The look on his face...think he saw the full scope of my clothing choices...the heels didnt even bring a reaction to him years before when I told him...but the undie choices did. Now he just calls me "sad panties" when we have football arguments. SMH

• Like 2

Jaunt #563, 10/17/2020: Well, it looks like fall has fully arrived. After a rainy and yucky Friday, temps nosedived on Saturday, when I left the house at 10 a.m., it was only 47 and it felt just as nippy, so I prepared for the conditions by sporting a black wool peacoat over a gray drawstring dress from Old Navy, 100 denier black tights, the Payless “Martinez” black ankle boots, a black handbag and a matching mask. Despite the chilly temps, I felt quite comfortable in the short dress, well, short for me at six foot two, the coat provided plenty of warmth, as did the thick tights, meanwhile, I arrived at the conclusion that ankle boots work better for me than knee boots since they show off my legs, always a good thing.

After hopping in the car and drove to the great northeast and Parx Casino, Friday was payday, so I decided to spend a few dollars there, just for fun of course. Like on a previous trip back in August, things had changed at the casino, no valet parking, temperature checks for everyone in the lobby, plexiglas partitions between slot machines, all manner of precautions for the sake of social distancing in the new normal, still, there was a decent crowd inside at eleven when I arrived. Wandering the floor, no one paying me any mind as they busied themselves playing the slots, I finally settled down on a one cent Monopoly machine which I played for ten minutes with no success, then I went to another machine where I scored little over eighty bucks after some fifteen minutes of work. WHOO! Feeling flush, I tried my luck on a five cent machine and enjoyed a moderate level of success, winning some fifty bucks after another fifteen minutes of handle pulling, I believe that had been the first time in quite some time I played something other than penny machines, so I was proud of that small success. After little over an hour, I decided not to press my luck and left with my modest winnings and headed back to town, on a whim, I decided to cross over into South Jersey, driving to Cherry Hill Mall.

My first stop there was to JCPenney where I bought a couple of crew neck cable knit sweaters which I thought would go well with my leggings which I’ve been crazy about wearing of late, leaving the store, I went to the mall’s food court which had limited eateries open along with limited seating, I opted for a slice of pepperoni pizza and a bottle of water. The early Saturday afternoon crowd was pretty good, other than a few stares here and there, I went ignored. My third and final stop down the road was to Moorestown Mall where the crowd was nowhere near as lively, what with about a third of the stores closed, I went into Boscov’s department store and wandered the women’s clothing aisles where I found some nice looking turtleneck tops for $9.99 each, so I picked out three which I thought would go well with my fall/winter skirts. While at the register, a saleslady a few feet away said she liked my boots and asked if they were comfortable, I told her they were and she said they looked nice on me. I nodded and thanked her for the compliment. So, it was a good day, I won someone else’s money which I spent on food and women’s tops, what could be better? More to come....

Jaunt #563, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #563, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 4