The Jaunts of JeffB!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the kind words! Jaunt #559, 10/3/2020: Two items of business before I talk about the day’s outing.... Item 1: As is my biannual practice around early October, on Friday, I swapped

Yes they were, and I will. A pity Shoes of Prey went belly up before I could try other styles, like their boots. Thanks for the kind words, bluejay. Jaunt #536, 12/28/2019: Since this figu

Jaunt #416, 12/22/2017: Most of the time, I prefer to blend in with my surroundings when I go on an outing, well, blend in as best I can as a man wearing a skirt and heels, then there’s the rare occas

Posted Images

21 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Cute sandals and outfit!

Many thanks, Jeremy!

Jaunt #550, 8/23/2020: Sometimes, a short outing can be every bit as rewarding as a long one, and this one is such an example. Often on Sundays, I have errands to run (weather permitting), and that gives me an opportunity to turn it into a jaunt, which I did today, going with a waist defined, white and black pinstripe dress from H&M, the Payless “Parsley” sandals in black, a black handbag and a matching mask. The dress was non fancy and purely casual in every way possible, something simplistic for errand running on a Sunday morning, also, it was also quite comfy for the late morning sunshine and humidity, and in hot weather, a loose fitting dress works great for keeping you nice and cool. As for the footwear, once again, like on Saturday, flat sandals was the only option I entertained for this outfit, hard to believe I wouldn’t even look at such shoes years ago, now, I absolutely love how sandals, both flat and heeled look on me, nothing else compares, and it’s rare for me to wear anything during summer.

Heading west into Springfield, my first stop was to Acme supermarket to pick up a few non-perishable things, what caught me eye right away when I entered were displays of Halloween candy....before Labor Day for Pete’s sake. I kinda guessed candy companies were probably hedging their bets against the possibility of there not being anything in the way of trick or treating because of the virus, but sheesh! Talk about rushing the season! From there, I went next door (kinda sorta) to Home Depot as I needed a couple of gardening tools to deal with the recalcitrant weeds in my front yard, there was a good sized crowd there, but, as usual, no one paid me any attention, and that was fine by me. Next up was a stop to Best Buy, there was nothing in particular I needed there, this was all pleasure, no business as I missed the enjoyment of ogling at gadgets and gizmos like I had before the shutdown, however, I didn’t leave emptyhanded as I bought a Blu-Ray copy of The Gentlemen, a Guy Ritchie helmed British gangster-comedy. Stop number three was to Bed Bath & Beyond for some washcloths and bath towels, and I found bargains on both which left me pleased. My final stop of the day was down the road to Springfield Mall, a place I haphazardly visited from time to time, but was curious to see how the shutdown treated the place. Smaller than Moorestown Mall with Macy’s and Target as anchor stores, I was surprised to see that a good ninety percent of the mall’s stores were in business, including eateries that were open as well.

While my outing was short (mainly due to impending stormy weather in the region), little over an hour and a half, give or take, it was still enjoyable, any time I can hit the road in a skirt or dress is a good time. More to come, including....THE NUMBERS!

Jaunt #550, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #550, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Many thanks, Jeremy!

Jaunt #550, 8/23/2020: Sometimes, a short outing can be every bit as rewarding as a long one, and this one is such an example. Often on Sundays, I have errands to run (weather permitting), and that gives me an opportunity to turn it into a jaunt, which I did today, going with a waist defined, white and black pinstripe dress from H&M, the Payless “Parsley” sandals in black, a black handbag and a matching mask. The dress was non fancy and purely casual in every way possible, something simplistic for errand running on a Sunday morning, also, it was also quite comfy for the late morning sunshine and humidity, and in hot weather, a loose fitting dress works great for keeping you nice and cool. As for the footwear, once again, like on Saturday, flat sandals was the only option I entertained for this outfit, hard to believe I wouldn’t even look at such shoes years ago, now, I absolutely love how sandals, both flat and heeled look on me, nothing else compares, and it’s rare for me to wear anything during summer.

Heading west into Springfield, my first stop was to Acme supermarket to pick up a few non-perishable things, what caught me eye right away when I entered were displays of Halloween candy....before Labor Day for Pete’s sake. I kinda guessed candy companies were probably hedging their bets against the possibility of there not being anything in the way of trick or treating because of the virus, but sheesh! Talk about rushing the season! From there, I went next door (kinda sorta) to Home Depot as I needed a couple of gardening tools to deal with the recalcitrant weeds in my front yard, there was a good sized crowd there, but, as usual, no one paid me any attention, and that was fine by me. Next up was a stop to Best Buy, there was nothing in particular I needed there, this was all pleasure, no business as I missed the enjoyment of ogling at gadgets and gizmos like I had before the shutdown, however, I didn’t leave emptyhanded as I bought a Blu-Ray copy of The Gentlemen, a Guy Ritchie helmed British gangster-comedy. Stop number three was to Bed Bath & Beyond for some washcloths and bath towels, and I found bargains on both which left me pleased. My final stop of the day was down the road to Springfield Mall, a place I haphazardly visited from time to time, but was curious to see how the shutdown treated the place. Smaller than Moorestown Mall with Macy’s and Target as anchor stores, I was surprised to see that a good ninety percent of the mall’s stores were in business, including eateries that were open as well.

While my outing was short (mainly due to impending stormy weather in the region), little over an hour and a half, give or take, it was still enjoyable, any time I can hit the road in a skirt or dress is a good time. More to come, including....THE NUMBERS!

Two things: First, I really like where the waistline sits on that dress. Not too low, and not too high. Second, do you ever get your earrings caught on your mask? I've always wondered about that. (Not just with you)

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

Two things: First, I really like where the waistline sits on that dress. Not too low, and not too high. Second, do you ever get your earrings caught on your mask? I've always wondered about that. (Not just with you)

Good question. I haven’t had that happen with the small, button type earrings which have been all I’ve worn so far. I experimented with the longer kind when I decided to return to my outings, and that’s where I’ve run into difficulty with the mask, so I’ll keep those in the jewelry box for now.

Edited by JeffB
17 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Second, do you ever get your earrings caught on your mask?

I got in a new pair of dangle earrings in the shape of blue starfish. Very cute. 1st time i wore them to Walmart the strap dislodged one of them when I put it on. Didn't notice & made it to the front entrance before it fell off. I just happened to hear it hit the pavement, otherwise I would have lost it. Kinda embarrassing to turn around & pick it up in front of everyone, especially while wearing heels, but I wasn't losing that sucker!

• Like 1

With 550 jaunts in the book, it’s time for....THE NUMBERS!

2008: 10
2009: 42
2010: 28
2011: 61
2012: 34
2013: 33
2014: 45
2015: 46
2016: 53
2017: 65
2018: 64
2019: 55
2020: 14 (as of 8/23)

SKIRTS: 373 (above knee-241, below knee-96, at knee-36)
DRESSES: 79
JEANS: 63 (tucked-39, untucked-24)
LEGGINGS: 21
SKORTS: 9
CAPRIS: 4
PANTS: 1

PAYLESS SHOES: 380
OTHER SHOES: 170
BOOTS: 217 (ankle-89, knee-79, thigh-48, OTK-1)
PUMPS (including wedges): 108
SANDALS (including wedges): 105
LOAFERS: 53
SLIDES (including wedges): 33
FLATS: 32
SNEAKERS: 1
MULES: 1

PERCENTAGES (after every 25th jaunt)
SKIRTS: 67.9
DRESSES: 14.4
JEANS: 11.4
LEGGINGS: 3.9
SKORTS: 1.6
CAPRIS: 0.7
PANTS: 0.1

BOOTS: 39.5
PUMPS: 19.7
SANDALS: 19.1
LOAFERS: 9.6
SLIDES: 6.0
FLATS: 5.9
SNEAKERS: 0.1
MULES: 0.1

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, JeffB said:

With 550 jaunts in the book, it’s time for....THE NUMBERS!

2008: 10
2009: 42
2010: 28
2011: 61
2012: 34
2013: 33
2014: 45
2015: 46
2016: 53
2017: 65
2018: 64
2019: 55
2020: 14 (as of 8/23)

SKIRTS: 373 (above knee-241, below knee-96, at knee-36)
DRESSES: 79
JEANS: 63 (tucked-39, untucked-24)
LEGGINGS: 21
SKORTS: 9
CAPRIS: 4
PANTS: 1

PAYLESS SHOES: 380
OTHER SHOES: 170
BOOTS: 217 (ankle-89, knee-79, thigh-48, OTK-1)
PUMPS (including wedges): 108
SANDALS (including wedges): 105
LOAFERS: 53
SLIDES (including wedges): 33
FLATS: 32
SNEAKERS: 1
MULES: 1

PERCENTAGES (after every 25th jaunt)
SKIRTS: 67.9
DRESSES: 14.4
JEANS: 11.4
LEGGINGS: 3.9
SKORTS: 1.6
CAPRIS: 0.7
PANTS: 0.1

BOOTS: 39.5
PUMPS: 19.7
SANDALS: 19.1
LOAFERS: 9.6
SLIDES: 6.0
FLATS: 5.9
SNEAKERS: 0.1
MULES: 0.1

OK, it's time for me to laugh at myself, and share it with you all for a small amount of entertainment. So, I was looking at these numbers, and I was thinking to myself, "Who the hell has 373 skirts?" Maybe I'm a little sensitive about that, because I think my wife might actually have 373 skirts. And then I realized, no, you dummy, that's not what the statistic means. My bad.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

OK, it's time for me to laugh at myself, and share it with you all for a small amount of entertainment. So, I was looking at these numbers, and I was thinking to myself, "Who the hell has 373 skirts?" Maybe I'm a little sensitive about that, because I think my wife might actually have 373 skirts. And then I realized, no, you dummy, that's not what the statistic means. My bad.

Don’t sweat it! Nobody’s perfect!

Jeff, I'm surprise you don't disintegrate this by years (or by 25 jaunts)  and then plot the data to show trends and patterns.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Cali said:

Jeff, I'm surprise you don't disintegrate this by years (or by 25 jaunts)  and then plot the data to show trends and patterns.

Nahhhh! I’m too lazy to do all that! 😄

You should have all this on a spreadsheet, have Excel or a stat package do it for you.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Cali said:

You should have all this on a spreadsheet, have Excel or a stat package do it for you.

Thanks for the suggestion! Perhaps I'll give that a try!

Jaunt #551, 8/25/2020: Another day, another expedition to a place to see how it handled the shutdown from the virus. Because it was sunny and sticky, I dressed appropriately in a navy tank top, a petal pink, button down denim skirt from Old Navy, the Payless “Noble” sandals in black, a black handbag and a disposable mask. I bought the skirt during my outing to King of Prussia the Saturday before last, it was rare (well, rare for me) to see a denim skirt in pink and I was instantly intrigued when I saw it, my mind imagining how I could wear it all year around and the tops I could pair with it, making the purchase a given. The navy tank went well with the skirt, and yes, I once again went with flat sandals, my shoe of choice during the brief summer I’ve enjoyed since I’ve returned to jaunting. They’re easy to wear, look good and, best of all, feel good, even after hours on my feet, though this outing wasn’t quite so long.

My destination for this trip was Philadelphia Mills, a huge and sprawling outlet mall in the greater northeast, I’ve been going to the place off and on since the mid 1990’s, but this was the very first time I’ve been there on a jaunt. The place had anchor stores like Sears and JCPenney, but they’ve been gone for years, however, an AMC multiplex opened about a decade or so ago, and a Wal-Mart was recently added. After parking, I hopped out and strolled in, and was greeted with the same sort of yawning, quiet emptiness I experienced at Moorestown Mall, only on a much larger scale, shoppers were sparse, and that’s being kind, the multiplex was closed (no indoor movies), while shuttered storefronts dotted the interior, one store that was open was Old Navy, so I went in to see what they had to offer, especially since it had become my destination of choice for dresses, and I happened to find a nice one that caught my eye, at the register, the cashier, a twentysomething woman rang me up, after she had, she said she liked my skirt, I thanked her and mentioned that I bought it at the KOP store, and she said that was cool. A second store I stopped at was Burlington Coat Factory where I found something I had been been seeking for quite some time, a large satchel bag in white, as you know, I’m rather anal about making sure my bag matches my shoes while on outings, and I didn’t have a large white bag to go with the white sandals I owned, until now, and it was only $19.99 before tax, a steal!

A successful purchase always makes me hungry, however, I couldn’t dine at any of the mall’s two separate food courts since the were closed, what with no indoor dining, so I continued wandering the place to see what was open and what wasn’t. Philadelphia Mills boasts of nearly 200 storefronts and eateries, but I’d say that at least 40 percent of them were shuttered, making the place just as much of a ghost town as Moorestown, even more of one because of its larger size, and that saddened me. Back in its heyday a decade or more ago, that place was absolutely happening, on weekends, it was packed, hell, there would be tour buses in the lot from as far away as Maryland and Virginia, now, it’s a mere shell of itself, ironically, the Wal-Mart right next door was busy and bustling when I went in to pick up a couple of items. Go figure. While this outing lasted about a couple of hours, it was still fun, and informative, and I learned something about a place I frequent emerging from the shutdown. More to come....

Jaunt #551, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #551, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jaunt #552, 8/27/2020: Sometimes, I’m all about experimenting when on an outing, and today, I wanted to do something exceedingly rare, well, rare for me anyway, and that’s going to the King of Prussia Mall during the week instead of on a Saturday, again, I pretty much never do this because of work, so, in the aftermath of the shutdown, I was curious to see what the place would be like during the week. As for the outfit, I went with a white and black pinstriped tank dress from H&M, the Payless “Noble” sandals in black, a black satchel bag and a matching mask, my goal was a purely casual outfit that wouldn’t attract much in the way of attention, just the way I want, and I think it worked out well. Meanwhile, everyone here knows about my recent passion with flat sandals since my return to jaunting, so nothing else needs to be said.

All malls changed their opening hour from ten to eleven, and I arrived in the parking garage about a quarter after, even though, there were lots of cars there, when I entered the mall itself, it was plenty quiet with an all too noticeable scarcity of shoppers compared to what the place is like on a Saturday, and I’ll admit I wasn’t fully prepared for that, however, there were lines ten deep outside the Gucci and Louis Vuitton stores, even THAT early. Remarkable. But I digress, my first stop was to a watch repair shop to have the battery replaced in the women’s watch I was wearing, because there were no customers, it took all of fifteen minutes to take care of that little job, from there, I swung by the comic book shop for the week’s new books, I marveled to the owner just how quiet the mall was on a weekday, he chuckled and said I didn’t know the half of it, but he was also grateful for customers like me. By the time I left the store, it was time for lunch, and there wasn’t anything in the way of crowds in the food court either and could go wherever I went, on this occasion, I went to Subway for a six inch tuna salad sandwich and a bottle of water.

After lunch, I did some casual wandering through the entire mall (as someone who lives for long walks, jaunting or not, it’s a lot of fun) and was mildly surprised at just how huge and quiet the place was when there were so few shoppers in it, and, it was a tad more than a little startling, especially when compared to how packed and busy it was on Saturdays. But, comic books, food and a battery weren’t all I bought, i gravitated to Old Navy where I bought a nice floral midi dress and a gray denim skirt, the former I figured I still had time to wear before fall sets in, the latter I can jaunt around in all year ‘round. At the end of the day, I prefer being at KOP on Saturday as the place is a heck of a lot livelier than on weekdays. More to come....

Jaunt #552, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #552, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

Jaunt #553, 8/30/2020: Originally, I was going to kick back and relax yesterday, sit on the front porch with my Kindle, chill out and enjoy some reading, however, with plenty of sunshine and mild temperatures, the lure of a jaunt was too strong to resist, so I didn’t. Besides, I could still read someplace else instead of at home, with that in mind, I donned a navy blue camisole, a navy and white print midiskirt, the Payless “Noble” sandals in white, the beige satchel bag and a mask to match my shoes for my sudden outing. For an outfit I assembled on the spur of the moment for a spur of the moment trip, I thought it turned out well, I was looking for something cool and dressy for the occasion, from my rather daring cami, the long, flowing skirt to the sandals as it’s still in vogue to wear white shoes since Labor Day is next week, so I’m getting my opportunities while I can.

I kept things simple by driving into downtown and a familiar haunt, Rittenhouse Square. Much to my surprise, it didn’t take long to find a parking spot than it usually does on an early Sunday afternoon in Center City. As was regularly the case on a nice and sunny Sunday, downtown was filled with people, and because of the restrictions on indoor dining because of the virus (scheduled to be lifted on September 8th), seemingly every restaurant in the area had tables set up outdoors on the sidewalk, and it looked like every table I saw was taken, the atmosphere felt more like the middle of Paris instead of downtown Philly, and it was a remarkable and refreshing sight to see, compared to the eerie, empty and quiet ghost town of several months ago when everything was closed. It was the atmosphere of old downtown (though not everything was open), and I was delighted to see and experience it all. Being a creature of routine, I strolled some four blocks down to a restaurant for lunch that, in my humble opinion, served some of the best pizza downtown, I opted for a slice of pepperoni, and it was quite tasty, filling too. After finishing my pizza, I casually wandered back up the street to the Square and the park which was absolutely packed with people, sitting on both the benches and on the grass, just like on a sunny Sunday summer afternoon, the only difference being that practically everyone were wearing masks, it took a wee bit of time to find an empty bench in a shady spot where I enjoyed my Kindle, reading one of the early Mack Bolan books (#3, Battle Mask) which became available on Amazon for a good hour and a half.

As usual, it felt great to be out and about downtown where I was able to come and go like I pleased and no one paid me any attention, like it was perfectly normal for a guy in woman’s clothing to be seen in the area, and perhaps that’s the case, for which I’m appreciative. Remember, if you dress tastefully and appropriately for whatever surroundings you happen to be in, and behave like you belong in said surroundings, then you will be accepted for your appearance, and I always seek to look my very best when out in public. Nothing else is good enough for me. More to come....

Jaunt #553, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #553, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #553, outfit-3.jpeg

6 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Nice outfit Jeff. Looks like you're making up for lost time, with daily outings...!

You should do a "whats in the bag" post ;-) 

Well, yesterday I had my wallet, phone, Kindle, car keys, small bottle of hand sanitizer and reading glasses in the bag.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Jaunt #554, 9/12/2020: On this day, I got an early taste of fall as, despite plenty of sunshine, it was crisp and cool like early October instead of September, too cool to go bare armed like I had done the last several jaunts, so, I had to break out some outerwear, choosing a black denim jacket to pair with a sleeveless floral print mididress from JCPenney, the Payless “Corey” semi-patent black flats, a black satchel bag and a matching mask. As much as I love wearing skirts, being in a dress is really special, I feel liberated and empowered when in a dress, I feel bold because I dare to thumb my nose at prehistoric conventions when it comes to what men can and can’t wear, we’re no longer constrained to just male clothes, I’ve said this before, I prefer women’s clothes which I look nicer in than men’s dull and boring stuff. Regarding the shoes, yes, I went with flats again, the notion of wearing heels never entered my mind as I thought the “Corey” shoes went well with my dress.

My destination for the day was the King of Prussia Mall. I arrived five minutes or so before 11 a.m. when the stores opened, and saw right away there were long lines outside Tiffany, Louis Vuitton and the Apple Store, clearly those were rather popular places. My first stop was to a watch repair store to get a few links taken out of the band of the silver women’s watch I wore and was told it would be ready in thirty minutes, so I busied myself by going to the comic book store to pick up the week’s newest offerings while chatting with the staff about comic book related movies (Wonder Woman ‘84, Black Widow) back up to December because of the virus and a painfully slow return of people to multiplexes. By the time I left the store, I got a message on my phone that the watch was ready for pickup and it fit good. Hungry, I headed down to the food court for lunch, and it was already fairly full, well, as full as it could get under social distancing requirements, I did get a couple of odd looks as I went to Subway for a six inch turkey sandwich with a bottle of water, but I was long used to that, so I paid it no mind. After lunch, I treated myself to something sweet, that being mini gummi bears from a candy store, as for clothes shopping, and I’m always up for that, at Old Navy, I bought a cool looking moto jacket in beige for just twenty bucks, later on, I found a couple of cool and cute cami strap dresses at H&M, also on sale for seventeen bucks apiece, and while fall is literally knocking at the door, at least I’ll have something sharp to wear come spring 2021.

My outing at KOP lasted about four hours, typical for an outing there. Since my last visit, a few stores had reopened, balanced by a few others having closed, I suppose that could be seen as par for the course in retail’s new dynamic during the ongoing pandemic. Meanwhile, the crowds were fairly close to being as large and bustling like they had been before mid-March, something I saw as a good thing as malls are much more fun and lively in my opinion when they’re full of shoppers, even as they ignore the tall, middle aged black man in a dress. More to come....

Jaunt #554, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #554, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

Jaunt #555, 9/13/2020: I so do enjoy my little Sunday morning outings to Springfield to run errands, and, in this instance, given the time of year, I have to watch the clock so I can get back home in time to watch the Eagles play as NFL football season is finally here. YAY! With the weather mostly sunny and sticky, I opted for a pink tank top, a 16 inch dark gray denim skirt from Old Navy, the Payless “Paisley” sandals in black, a black handbag and a black mask which I figured would provide a goodly amount of contrast with my top. By the way, guys: don't be afraid to wear pink, it's a bright and fun color that can add lots of pop to an outfit. When it comes to putting together outfits, even for minor casual outings like this one, nothing I do is by accident as I make damn sure I look my best.

Stop number one was to Acme supermarket for a few odds and ends. There was a larger crowd than normal in the store at 11 a.m., no doubt that was because shoppers were stocking up on groceries prior to the game, something I’ve seen more than a few times on gameday, so that came as no surprise, heck, I’ve done that myself in the past. Oh, by the by, I’m sure I’ve mentioned this a time or two before, if you’re going to wear a short skirt and visit a supermarket, be prepared to get a major league chill on your legs when walking past the frozen food section, even after all this time, I still get the gooseflesh. BBRRRRR! After checkout and putting my stuff in the trunk (nothing was perishable), I walked over to Home Depot as I needed to stock up on disposable masks, rechargeable AA batteries and a couple of gardening tools to deal with weeds in the front yard and backyard. After taking care of business, it was time for some pleasure down the road at Best Buy where, after twenty or thirty or so minutes of gawking, I went to the counter with a $25 gift card for the Apple App Store and a Blu-Ray copy of Angel Has Fallen. A good little haul.

By the time, I left Best Buy, it was about quarter after twelve, that meant it was time to head back home so I’d be in front of my TV for the one p.m. kickoff of the Eagles’ season. Still, my trip was fun as any time I can get to go on an outing is a fun time, even when I’m doing boring stuff like running errands. More to come....

Jaunt #555, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #555, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 3
On 9/14/2020 at 5:57 AM, mlroseplant said:

Running errands is the best time to doll it up a little! It would be nice if everybody else would figure this out.

I quite agree.

Most of my outing are usually short and sweet.  But that makes them no less enjoyable.  And I still get ready as I normally would regardless of the length of the outing.

• Like 1

Jaunt #556, 9/20/2020: Today’s outing, what I call “Errand Sunday” represented a stark reminder of the upcoming change of season. Even though it’s late September, the temperature was quite brisk despite abundant sunshine, making it feel more like late October or early November, bringing to mind the fact that I’ll soon have to swap out my spring/summer attire in favor of fall/winter stuff, rather disappointing since, thanks to the lockdown, I only got to enjoy eleven warm weather trips since my return to jaunting on August 9th. Bummer! Well, for pre-fall trip number twelve, I opted for a denim jacket over a red tank top, a 17 inch off-black denim skirt from Old Navy, black tights, the Payless “Martinez” ankle boots in black, a black handbag and a matching mask. Now, despite what you might think, I still wear heels, it’s just that as a fashion freestyler, the outfit dictates the footwear, not the other way around, and, over the last month plus since my return to jaunting, I’ve preferred wearing flat sandals, however, I decided on a change of pace, and even though I only sported two and a half inchers, it still felt good to wear proper heels again.

As for the outing, while it was nippy, I felt comfortable, having added the jacket and tights, the latter coming in handy since I wore a short skirt that looked good on me, and had been on sale to boot, all the more reason to have added it to my wardrobe. Like last week, I headed west into Springfield for my late morning errand running prior to watching the Eagles in action at one p.m. against the L.A. Rams. Before hitting the supermarket, I had to stop off for gas, the guy behind the counter gave me an odd look, so too did a middle aged woman at the pump next to the one I was at, but, I was long used to that sort of thing. At the supermarket, it was crowded again, a goodly number of shoppers were wearing Eagles green, a color I don’t have myself, though I’ll have to see about correcting that oversight, otherwise, no one paid me any notice, par for the course, and that’s okay too, though a shorter lady did look up at me in the condiment aisle. Next stop was to Best Buy, though not to buy any new movie, but a gadget to extend the reach of my downstairs router to improve the Wi-FI signal in my little home office upstairs, something that figures to come in handy since I work from home these days. My last stop of the day was to Bed Bath and Beyond where I bought bath cloths and towels, buying four of each. By that time, it was a quarter past twelve, time to head back home to get ready for Eagles football.

It was a good outing, mostly because I traipsed around in a decent pair of heels for the first time in quite awhile, and I enjoyed it. But now, I have to dwell on when to do my seasonal clothing swap after a shortened summer jaunting season. From spaghetti straps and sandals to long sleeves and boots. YOIKS! Oh, well, that can’t be helped I suppose. More to come....

Jaunt #556, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #556, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, JeffB said:

Jaunt #556, 9/20/2020: Today’s outing, what I call “Errand Sunday” represented a stark reminder of the upcoming change of season. Even though it’s late September, the temperature was quite brisk despite abundant sunshine, making it feel more like late October or early November, bringing to mind the fact that I’ll soon have to swap out my spring/summer attire in favor of fall/winter stuff, rather disappointing since, thanks to the lockdown, I only got to enjoy eleven warm weather trips since my return to jaunting on August 9th. Bummer! Well, for pre-fall trip number twelve, I opted for a denim jacket over a red tank top, a 17 inch off-black denim skirt from Old Navy, black tights, the Payless “Martinez” ankle boots in black, a black handbag and a matching mask. Now, despite what you might think, I still wear heels, it’s just that as a fashion freestyler, the outfit dictates the footwear, not the other way around, and, over the last month plus since my return to jaunting, I’ve preferred wearing flat sandals, however, I decided on a change of pace, and even though I only sported two and a half inchers, it still felt good to wear proper heels again.

As for the outing, while it was nippy, I felt comfortable, having added the jacket and tights, the latter coming in handy since I wore a short skirt that looked good on me, and had been on sale to boot, all the more reason to have added it to my wardrobe. Like last week, I headed west into Springfield for my late morning errand running prior to watching the Eagles in action at one p.m. against the L.A. Rams. Before hitting the supermarket, I had to stop off for gas, the guy behind the counter gave me an odd look, so too did a middle aged woman at the pump next to the one I was at, but, I was long used to that sort of thing. At the supermarket, it was crowded again, a goodly number of shoppers were wearing Eagles green, a color I don’t have myself, though I’ll have to see about correcting that oversight, otherwise, no one paid me any notice, par for the course, and that’s okay too, though a shorter lady did look up at me in the condiment aisle. Next stop was to Best Buy, though not to buy any new movie, but a gadget to extend the reach of my downstairs router to improve the Wi-FI signal in my little home office upstairs, something that figures to come in handy since I work from home these days. My last stop of the day was to Bed Bath and Beyond where I bought bath cloths and towels, buying four of each. By that time, it was a quarter past twelve, time to head back home to get ready for Eagles football.

It was a good outing, mostly because I traipsed around in a decent pair of heels for the first time in quite awhile, and I enjoyed it. But now, I have to dwell on when to do my seasonal clothing swap after a shortened summer jaunting season. From spaghetti straps and sandals to long sleeves and boots. YOIKS! Oh, well, that can’t be helped I suppose. More to come....

I feel your pain, and yet at the same time, I'm doing my best to ignore it. I showed up at the farmer's market to set up my wife's tent last weekend in shorts and a t-shirt, and it was a little crisp! I got by with it because I was physically moving the whole time, setting everything up, it typically takes less than 30 minutes, and I'm outta there until it's over. It would be a different story if I had to sit there for four hours.

• Like 1

Jeff, you must have a large storage area for your clothes. On many outings you purchase multiple new outfits and I often wonder where you store them.  I have a 10 by 12 foot walk-in closet and It's bursting at the seams, so I imagine you must have a enormous closet (or warehouse).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Cali said:

Jeff, you must have a large storage area for your clothes. On many outings you purchase multiple new outfits and I often wonder where you store them.  I have a 10 by 12 foot walk-in closet and It's bursting at the seams, so I imagine you must have a enormous closet (or warehouse).

Well, I have a rather unique setup, that being two five foot wide closets. The master bedroom closet is where I keep the clothes I wear during the current season, right now, that’s my spring/summer stuff while the second closet in the third bedroom (also my home office) is where I keep my off-season clothes (fall/winter). Come October when the weather cools, I’ll swap clothes from one closet to the other. The footwear, hosiery, underwear and jewelry are in the master bedroom while the coats and jackets are kept downstairs in the living room closet.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot, when I do the swap, I pick out stuff from last season I feel is dated or no longer suits me and donate same to Goodwill. That's how I maintain space for when I buy new stuff.

• Like 1

Jaunt #557, 9/25/2020: Due to the inconsistent nature of the weather, I have no way of knowing just when fall will fully assert itself, leading me to change over to my fall/winter attire. Case in point, even though it’s late September, temps here reached into the upper 70’s after some early morning showers, so I outfitted myself accordingly for this trip, going with a sleeveless black sheath dress, the Payless “Corey” black semi-patent flats, a black satchel bag and a matching mask. Every fashion freestyler should have at least one nice black dress in his closet, I have somewhere around a dozen, it’s a fun color to wear and I look sleek when I’m in black, and this particular dress when I bought at Sears in 2017 fits just as well and looks just as sharp on me today as it did three years ago. Meanwhile, the “Corey” flats are equally as much fun, thanks to the patent toe and heel, and going with an all monochrome outfit made for great fun.

The King of Prussia Mall was pretty happening and busy when I arrived shortly after eleven when all the stores opened, the Louis Vuitton store in particular was very busy as there was already a long line, some two dozen deep outside the front door, I know their stuff is flashy and popular (and expensive), but wow! Every time I’ve been to KOP since I resumed my jaunts in August, the Vuitton store consistently had those long lines, longer than any other, including the Apple Store which also had lengthy queues. After visiting the comic book shop, followed by lunch (a slice of chicken bacon ranch pizza with a bottle of water), I did something rather extraordinary, I bought men’s clothing, to be specific, a set of sweats, thermal socks and two sets of longjohns for the upcoming winter, quite a little haul, but stuff I needed. However, I did balance things out in the shopping department by picking up a couple of things at Old Navy and Lord & Taylor, the latter holding a store closing sale, as for what those items are, I’m going to keep that a secret until a future outing, all I’ll say is that it looks like the weather might stay warm just long enough for me to wear that mystery item at least once until temperatures cool down. I believe you’ll be rather surprised at what I’ll display.

Over the course of my time at the mall, I took notice of the constantly shifting winds when it came to retail in the “new normal” since the pandemic began back in March. Stores that had been open during my last trip were closed and vice versa, and then there have been stores that closed at the start of this madness and never reopened. I’m sure that must make people who work in retail feel like they’re on a roller coaster, unsure if they’ll have a job from week to week or even from day to day, the stress in that regard must be considerable. Meanwhile, I had a good time at the mall, my attire ignored as usual, though I must admit I might have been just a tad overdressed for my outing, but then, that’s nothing new for me. More to come....

Jaunt #557, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #557, outfit-1.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JeffB said:

Jaunt #557, 9/25/2020: Due to the inconsistent nature of the weather, I have no way of knowing just when fall will fully assert itself, leading me to change over to my fall/winter attire. Case in point, even though it’s late September, temps here reached into the upper 70’s after some early morning showers, so I outfitted myself accordingly for this trip, going with a sleeveless black sheath dress, the Payless “Corey” black semi-patent flats, a black satchel bag and a matching mask. Every fashion freestyler should have at least one nice black dress in his closet, I have somewhere around a dozen, it’s a fun color to wear and I look sleek when I’m in black, and this particular dress when I bought at Sears in 2017 fits just as well and looks just as sharp on me today as it did three years ago. Meanwhile, the “Corey” flats are equally as much fun, thanks to the patent toe and heel, and going with an all monochrome outfit made for great fun.

The King of Prussia Mall was pretty happening and busy when I arrived shortly after eleven when all the stores opened, the Louis Vuitton store in particular was very busy as there was already a long line, some two dozen deep outside the front door, I know their stuff is flashy and popular (and expensive), but wow! Every time I’ve been to KOP since I resumed my jaunts in August, the Vuitton store consistently had those long lines, longer than any other, including the Apple Store which also had lengthy queues. After visiting the comic book shop, followed by lunch (a slice of chicken bacon ranch pizza with a bottle of water), I did something rather extraordinary, I bought men’s clothing, to be specific, a set of sweats, thermal socks and two sets of longjohns for the upcoming winter, quite a little haul, but stuff I needed. However, I did balance things out in the shopping department by picking up a couple of things at Old Navy and Lord & Taylor, the latter holding a store closing sale, as for what those items are, I’m going to keep that a secret until a future outing, all I’ll say is that it looks like the weather might stay warm just long enough for me to wear that mystery item at least once until temperatures cool down. I believe you’ll be rather surprised at what I’ll display.

Over the course of my time at the mall, I took notice of the constantly shifting winds when it came to retail in the “new normal” since the pandemic began back in March. Stores that had been open during my last trip were closed and vice versa, and then there have been stores that closed at the start of this madness and never reopened. I’m sure that must make people who work in retail feel like they’re on a roller coaster, unsure if they’ll have a job from week to week or even from day to day, the stress in that regard must be considerable. Meanwhile, I had a good time at the mall, my attire ignored as usual, though I must admit I might have been just a tad overdressed for my outing, but then, that’s nothing new for me. More to come....

Much as I'm a shorts guy, I wear longjohns from October to April, in general. We've been having weird weather these last few years, and it did turn out that I wore sandals to Christmas Eve church service last year, but that's very unusual. I started wearing leggings as longjohns a few years ago, and specifically cropped ones, unless it's really, really cold. I think they're supposed to be capris, but on me they come down to within 3 or 4 inches of my ankle, perfect for most occasions. They don't bunch up with my socks, if I'm wearing socks, and they don't show out the bottom of my pants if I'm wearing clogs or mules, which I often do in the winter.

Yes, people who work in retail are worried about their livelihoods. I have a good friend who works in retail (Ann Taylor), and things are not looking good lately. Not only are people not coming out like they used to, as has mentioned elsewhere on this forum, it seems like the merchandise available in the store is not stuff people really want to buy. I'm generalizing here, but the shoes aren't cute, the clothes aren't cute, and people have no reason to wear anything special in the first place. Mm, mm, mm. At least you've kept your sense of style, Jeff, even if I do object to your wearing flats with that dress! 😆

• Like 2

Jaunt #558, 9/26/2020: When it comes to women clothing, I’ll try just about anything (except perhaps a swimsuit) once, just to see how a particular garment would look on me, if I like what I see, I’ll add it to the wardrobe, if I don’t, I’ll donate it to Goodwill. So, what did I experiment with on this outing, you ask? Cropped leggings. Over the course of the spring and summer, I had seen girls and women sporting those leggings, that made me wonder if I could make that item work, so, while in Lord & Taylor at the King of Prussia Mall on Saturday, I decided to take the splurge and bought a pair of Hue high waisted, cropped leggings in black which were on sale since the store was in the process of closing. Trying them on back home, I was very pleased with what I saw in the mirror as the shorter leggings looked darn good on me and I couldn’t wait to take them out on an outing which I did for some Sunday errand running, pairing them with a sleeveless blue crepe blouse, the Shoes of Prey “Savoca” three inch heeled black pumps, a black handbag and a matching mask.

I thought this was a pretty sharp looking outfit with the blue of my top providing plenty of contrast with the leggings, as for the shoes, yes, folks, I still wear heels, just not as frequently as I used to back when such shoes were all I wore and hadn’t diversified into other styles like, yes, flats which I’ve come to love. To be honest, I almost went with a pair of flat sandals, but changed my mind as I thought the heels would work better with the outfit. As I’ve said in a previous post, the outfit dictates the shoes I wear, and, in this instance, the call was for the pumps. Heading west into Springfield, I swung by Acme supermarket for some odds and ends, again, the place was crowded because it was gameday (Eagles football, yo), one thing I noticed right away, or rather, reacquainted myself with was how I stood head and shoulders over the crowd in heels, something that’s kinda good for the ego as I had forgotten what that felt like. I did get a couple of odd looks here and there, but otherwise, no one paid me any mind, though I did get a “Excuse me, Miss,” from a gentleman around my age in the cereal aisle, but I didn’t say anything, even though I don’t hardly look like a woman, but I had been accepted for presentation as a member of the opposite sex. My next stop was Best Buy, while there were no new movie releases, I did find and buy a Blu-Ray version of The Rocky Horror Picture Show for just $9.99 (before taxes), just in time to enjoy in October when I like watching spooky movies.

My last stop of the day was to Bed Bath & Beyond, a new place I like to visit on a regular basis when I venture into Springfield, my goal here was to buy some silverware and a holder to put it all in, which I did, but added a new insulated mug as well, then hightailed it back home to watch the Birds play. Final analysis: wearing those cropped leggings was lots of fun, because of the change of season, I don’t know how much longer I can wear them, but if I can, I will. More to come....

Jaunt #558, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #558, outfit-1.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, JeffB said:

Jaunt #558, 9/26/2020: When it comes to women clothing, I’ll try just about anything (except perhaps a swimsuit) once, just to see how a particular garment would look on me, if I like what I see, I’ll add it to the wardrobe, if I don’t, I’ll donate it to Goodwill. So, what did I experiment with on this outing, you ask? Cropped leggings. Over the course of the spring and summer, I had seen girls and women sporting those leggings, that made me wonder if I could make that item work, so, while in Lord & Taylor at the King of Prussia Mall on Saturday, I decided to take the splurge and bought a pair of Hue high waisted, cropped leggings in black which were on sale since the store was in the process of closing. Trying them on back home, I was very pleased with what I saw in the mirror as the shorter leggings looked darn good on me and I couldn’t wait to take them out on an outing which I did for some Sunday errand running, pairing them with a sleeveless blue crepe blouse, the Shoes of Prey “Savoca” three inch heeled black pumps, a black handbag and a matching mask.

I thought this was a pretty sharp looking outfit with the blue of my top providing plenty of contrast with the leggings, as for the shoes, yes, folks, I still wear heels, just not as frequently as I used to back when such shoes were all I wore and hadn’t diversified into other styles like, yes, flats which I’ve come to love.

I can't believe you haven't tried cropped leggings until now! It's also funny that I mentioned them in the post immediately before your reveal. Good choice on the shoes, by the way! In case you're wondering, I do actually own flat sandals too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JeffB said:

I like watching spooky movies

From the season the Eagles are having, I'd thought you would have enough spooky stuff to watch.:boxing:

• Like 1