JeffB

The Jaunts of JeffB!

I also need to figure out something besides black for my outer coat/jacket. Maybe I'll just have to look into something a little more colorful. I also like that skirt with that combo.

I seem to remember you saying something about going to the mall to get something in men's clothing because you just didn't feel like taking the trouble of dressing up, but that must have been several years ago. I've been on this site for 7 years, and sometimes it's hard to remember whether somebody said something six months ago, or six years ago!

Good job Jeff! I also have recently gotten a faux jacket like that. I know mine really feels great on.

5 hours ago, JeffB said:

I longed to dress up, mainly because it felt good, I couldn’t help myself, that’s just how I roll.

This is the one fundamental principle in freestyling: if you going to do it, then do it with style. You don't want do it half-as_ed, because that leaves you open to criticism. This is the principle I apply to all I do, especially my nails...they need to be "envied" not "criticized". Recently I have been getting the "I wish I could look that good in those ______" and my administrative assistant has been telling me she would wear that jacket/pants/outfit if she was slimmer.  8)

"Looking Good is Feeling Good"

Fantastic outfit Jeff.  I like it better without the jacket (but that's just me).  Great job.

8 hours ago, JeffB said:

Jaunt #530, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #530, outfit-2.jpg

Wow, impressive! That's all I can say... :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hiddenheels said:

Wow, impressive! That's all I can say... :)

Many thanks!

Jaunt #531, 12/15/2019: I so do enjoy taking advantage of opportunities to go on outings, even if they happen to be short ones, but I’m not complaining. Unlike Saturday, this day was sunny and a little brisk, but not too uncomfortable, so I sported a quilted black vest over a light gray turtleneck, black fleece lined leggings, the Payless “Terri” ankle boots in gray and a black handbag. Regarding the boots, I bought them at the same time as I had the ones I have in black, but hadn’t gotten around to wearing them before now, as for the ensemble, once again, I went with a regular length sweater with the leggings as I have no problem putting my rear end on display for all to see, in fact, I think I’m going to go that route with leggings from now on, why not, if women can wear leggings that way, then I can too.

Having a couple of errands to run, I went west into Springfield, my first stop was to the supermarket to buy a few odds and ends, because it was Sunday, that meant it was game day, and with the Eagles on at one, there were plenty of shoppers there buying food and whatnot, but, as usual, no one paid any attention to me as I casually went about my own shopping. From there, my next stop was to Best Buy where I picked up a couple of BB gift cards for relatives along with Angel Has Fallen on Blu-Ray, while checking out some new Samsung 4K TV sets, a black woman who, I’m guessing was in her forties came up to me and said she liked my boots, adding that they looked cute on me, I grinned and thanked her. Two days straight I’ve gotten compliments on my appearance, guess I must be doing something right, but then, I go to great lengths to look my best when on my outings.

My last stop of the day was down the road to the Hallmark store to buy some holiday cards for relatives, I love picking out funny/goofy cards, nothing like making people chuckle, it’s a fun challenge for me, and one I enjoy. Then it was back to the barn to watch my Eagles play Washington. Speaking of fun, I'm having lots of same wearing leggings which make my long legs look great. More to come....

Jaunt #531, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #531, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

Jaunt #532, 12/19/2019: So, where do I go when I’m in the mood for culture on a sunny but frosty mid December day? Why, the Philadelphia Museum of Art of course. And since I usually get all dolled up for my outings there, this was no different as I sported my black wool peacoat over a textured gray marl sweater dress from Old Navy, 100 denier black tights, the Payless “Martinez” ankle boots in black and a black handbag. I bought the dress a couple of weeks ago while at King of Prussia because of how it looked and it fit quite well, and when doing as much walking as I do when roaming such a large place as the museum, comfort was a must when it came to footwear, and the Martinez boots were perfect for the outing. In the numbers department, with this outing, ankle boots passed by knee boots, 79 to 78. I've mentioned this before, in the beginning, I wasn't much for wearing ankle boots, today, I just plain LOVE them!

As it turned out, I wasn’t kidding about how gosh darn cold it was, but, thanks to my ensemble, I successfully braved the elements, still, I didn’t have to do all that much braving, going from the house to the car, then from the car to the museum after parking in the underground garage across the street, I was exposed for a grand total of three to four minutes. Entering the museum, I was warmly greeted just inside the main entrance by a female staffer who smiled and said I looked classy, I grinned back and thanked her, while I can only manage to visit the museum twice a year (I’ll have to see about increasing that number), I feel a sense of eagerness when I visit because there’s always something new as in a next exhibit, such as was the case here as that new exhibit was about inventions and the like and it was most interesting. What was also enjoyable was encountering staffers throughout the building who recognized me and greeted me, I guess there’s a certain....something about a middle aged man in women’s clothing and shoes that’s easily memorable to others. Heh! But seriously, words can't describe how much I love wearing skirts, dresses and heels, and how natural and comfortable I feel when dressed in such clothes, and that shows in my demeanor when out and about. THAT, my friends is what being a fashion freestyler is all about.

As is almost always the case when I visit the museum, there’s always something new to see while it’s practically impossible to see everything, and today was no exception, even after nearly four hours, part of the fun is interacting with staffers who explain new exhibits or pieces of art to me, and it’s all utterly fascinating to say the least, making my visits a great deal of fun as I load up on culture. For someone like me who can’t so much as draw a straight line, even with a ruler, to ogle at all that amazing and incredible art is a fascinating experience, each and every time I visit. Already, I can’t wait to visit again. More to come....

Jaunt #532, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #532, outfit-1.jpg

• Like 2

Great to know you got the chance to visit one of your favorite places. I know I rarely comment on your outfits (at least not directly), but the difference in the two pictures is so striking to me that I had to say something. With the jacket, this outfit looks beyond fantastic. Without the jacket, there is something wrong. I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's proportion or something, since there is absolutely nothing interrupting the visual line from neck to lower mid thigh. I don't know what it is, but I had to look carefully to believe that it's the same dress in the second picture, which again, looks awesome!

• Like 1

Love your look JeffB. Very classy indeed!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Classy Jeff!  Perfect for your choice of venue.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Great to know you got the chance to visit one of your favorite places. I know I rarely comment on your outfits (at least not directly), but the difference in the two pictures is so striking to me that I had to say something. With the jacket, this outfit looks beyond fantastic. Without the jacket, there is something wrong. I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's proportion or something, since there is absolutely nothing interrupting the visual line from neck to lower mid thigh. I don't know what it is, but I had to look carefully to believe that it's the same dress in the second picture, which again, looks awesome!

Hmm! An interesting observation. Rest assured, that was the same dress.

19 hours ago, bluejay said:

Love your look JeffB. Very classy indeed!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

7 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Classy Jeff!  Perfect for your choice of venue.

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Edited by JeffB

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

Hmm! An interesting observation. Rest assured, that was the same dress.

Now that I've had a chance to digest it for 24 hours, I think that perhaps it is this particular photo that strikes me as odd, rather than the dress itself. Because it's monochromatic, and you have your hands clasped behind your back, upon a casual glance it looks as if you have no arms! Perhaps that is what struck me the first time around. I will stand by my assertion that the second photo is top-notch.

Edited by mlroseplant
typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Now that I've had a chance to digest it for 24 hours, I think that perhaps it is this particular photo that strikes me as odd, rather than the dress itself. Because it's monochromatic, and you have your hands clasped behind your back, upon a casual glance it looks as if you have no arms! Perhaps that is what struck me the first time around. I will stand by my assertion that the second photo is top-notch.

I'm no fashion expert - nor do I have anything but admiration for Jeff's invariably stylistic and well-co-ordinated efforts.   But I have to agree that the look in the first pic slightly jarred - albeit quite 'armlessly'.   Upon reflection, I think that the grey dress looked too plain (boring almost) by itself - but the addition of the jacket made an 'outfit', and a smart one too .   I do consider that a simple sweater dress by itself is not so flattering as a separate skirt and top or jacket, whether on Jeff or anyone else.

• Like 1

While a very tasteful outfit, to me, that grey dress screams for a pair of heels instead of ankle boots.  Those black pumps you have, Shoes of Prey maybe?, would look great with that outfit.  But I guess the booties are what's in style these days, unfortunately for us heel lovers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Well, having arms made wearing that dress all the easier. HA!

18 hours ago, Puffer said:

I'm no fashion expert - nor do I have anything but admiration for Jeff's invariably stylistic and well-co-ordinated efforts.   But I have to agree that the look in the first pic slightly jarred - albeit quite 'armlessly'.   Upon reflection, I think that the grey dress looked too plain (boring almost) by itself - but the addition of the jacket made an 'outfit', and a smart one too .   I do consider that a simple sweater dress by itself is not so flattering as a separate skirt and top or jacket, whether on Jeff or anyone else.

Perhaps the plain angle came from the lack of jewelry (a.k.a. a necklace) as had already been pointed out. I'll consider that for a future outing as I have a couple more such dresses.

18 hours ago, RonC said:

While a very tasteful outfit, to me, that grey dress screams for a pair of heels instead of ankle boots.  Those black pumps you have, Shoes of Prey maybe?, would look great with that outfit.  But I guess the booties are what's in style these days, unfortunately for us heel lovers.

Style is open to person interpretation, still, I won't deny that I love ankle boots, something I wouldn't have said several years ago.

Jaunt #533, 12/21/2019: So, on this, the official first day of winter, I decided to go out on an outing on a sunny but substantially chilly day, and, I’ll readily admit I might have been a tad underdressed for the elements, garbed in my wine colored faux leather moto jacket over a dark gray turtleneck, a 15 inch black denim skirt, thick, steel grey tights, a black handbag and new kicks, Nordstrom brand Caslon “Whitney” black nubuck leather ankle boots. Sporting near four inch wedge heels (3 3/4 to be exact, I measured), the boots looked sharp and fit well, even though they were medium width/ Even though temps barely reached into the upper 30’s, I saw no reason to wear anything but a miniskirt while pretty much every female I saw eschewed fashion for practical but boring as hell jeans. Not to worry, thanks to the tights, my legs were suitably protected from the elements and I didn’t feel all that cold.

Downtown was packed to the gills with holiday shoppers as I mingled with the masses, I think I did get a few double takes and second glances here and there, but I suspect that might’ve been because I was perhaps the only human, male or female wearing a skirt on such a chilly day, and a crazy short one to boot. While in Barnes & Noble looking for a gift for a relative, I was on the escalator on the way to the second floor, ahead of me was a middle aged man with hair grayer than mine who looked at me and said, “You look fabulous!” I grinned and thanked him. It’s not often I get compliments from men on my appearance, to be called fabulous by one made for quite a accomplishment, more proof that I’m doing things right when put together outfits for my little adventures. Following an uneventful lunch at a pizzeria (had a slice of pepperoni), I returned to my car and drove over the bridge to Moorestown Mall to catch a movie, however, I forgot that the new Star Wars film opened the other day and the lines at the ticket window were beyond ridiculous, so I decided to pass on the movie and did some shopping at Sears instead.

A few minutes inside the store, a twentysomething young woman said she liked my skirt, adding that it looked cool, I grinned and thanked her, then some fifteen minutes later, I was approached by a couple of black women, one in her thirties, the other a good deal older, the younger woman grinned at me and said, “Damn! You really got it going on, honey! Those boots are the bomb! I love how tall you are!” The younger woman, a good foot shorter than me turned to the older one who was the same height and grumbled, “How come you didn’t marry a man tall like him?” and both women chuckled as they walked off. If there’s one reason I love freestyling, it’s the opportunity to get compliments from people I encounter who are openminded enough to appreciate how I dress, despite my gender, and that makes what I do all the more worthwhile. More to come....

Jaunt #533, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #533, outfit-2.jpg

shoes-whitney.jpg

Edited by JeffB

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

Style is open to person interpretation, still, I won't deny that I love ankle boots, something I wouldn't have said several years ago.

You are tall, and have long legs. You can get by with the ankle boots. Yesterday's jaunt has proven that yet again. Great outfit! I, on the other hand, cannot. I don't have a lot of length to be chopping up visually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

You are tall, and have long legs. You can get by with the ankle boots. Yesterday's jaunt has proven that yet again. Great outfit! I, on the other hand, cannot. I don't have a lot of length to be chopping up visually.

Thanks for the compliment. All we can do is the best we can with what we’ve been given. The important thing is to accentuate your best trait and work from there, for me, it’s my long legs which I make look even better with short skirts, hosiery and the right footwear. Find your one top attribute and improve upon it, that’s how fashion works. At least, that’s how I think it works.

8 hours ago, JeffB said:

Well, having arms made wearing that dress all the easier. HA!

Perhaps the plain angle came from the lack of jewelry (a.k.a. a necklace) as had already been pointed out. I'll consider that for a future outing as I have a couple more such dresses.

Jaunt #533, 12/21/2019: So, on this, the official first day of winter, I decided to go out on an outing on a sunny but substantially chilly day, and, I’ll readily admit I might have been a tad underdressed for the elements, garbed in my wine colored faux leather moto jacket over a dark gray turtleneck, a 15 inch black denim skirt, thick, steel grey tights, a black handbag and new kicks, Nordstrom brand Caslon “Whitney” black nubuck leather ankle boots. Sporting near four inch wedge heels (3 3/4 to be exact, I measured), the boots looked sharp and fit well, even though they were medium width/ Even though temps barely reached into the upper 30’s, I saw no reason to wear anything but a miniskirt while pretty much every female I saw eschewed fashion for practical but boring as hell jeans. Not to worry, thanks to the tights, my legs were suitably protected from the elements and I didn’t feel all that cold.

Downtown was packed to the gills with holiday shoppers as I mingled with the masses, I think I did get a few double takes and second glances here and there, but I suspect that might’ve been because I was perhaps the only human, male or female wearing a skirt on such a chilly day, and a crazy short one to boot. While in Barnes & Noble looking for a gift for a relative, I was on the escalator on the way to the second floor, ahead of me was a middle aged man with hair grayer than mine who looked at me and said, “You look fabulous!” I grinned and thanked him. It’s not often I get compliments from men on my appearance, to be called fabulous by one made for quite a accomplishment, more proof that I’m doing things right when put together outfits for my little adventures. Following an uneventful lunch at a pizzeria (had a slice of pepperoni), I returned to my car and drove over the bridge to Moorestown Mall to catch a movie, however, I forgot that the new Star Wars film opened the other day and the lines at the ticket window were beyond ridiculous, so I decided to pass on the movie and did some shopping at Sears instead.

A few minutes inside the store, a twentysomething young woman said she liked my skirt, adding that it looked cool, I grinned and thanked her, then some fifteen minutes later, I was approached by a couple of black women, one in her thirties, the other a good deal older, the younger woman grinned at me and said, “Damn! You really got it going on, honey! Those boots are the bomb! I love how tall you are!” The younger woman, a good foot shorter than me turned to the older one who was the same height and grumbled, “How come you didn’t marry a man tall like him?” and both women chuckled as they walked off. If there’s one reason I love freestyling, it’s the opportunity to get compliments from people I encounter who are openminded enough to appreciate how I dress, despite my gender, and that makes what I do all the more worthwhile. More to come....

You look good Jeff.  I like the style in simplicity of the grey/black contrast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kneehighs said:

You look good Jeff.  I like the style in simplicity of the grey/black contrast.

Coming from an expert on style such as yourself, that’s high praise. Many thanks.  :happy:

Jaunt #534, 12/26/2019: I had originally planned to visit the Cherry Hill Mall on Christmas Eve, heck, I even put together the outfit you can see below and took pictures and was about to head out when common sense quickly kicked in. Being anywhere near ANY mall the day before Christmas with hordes of rampaging shoppers buying last minute gifts was a suicide run on steroids, so I changed my mind and stayed put, deciding instead to head out the day after Christmas, garbed in my black faux leather jacket over a red mockneck, a dark gray, knee length A-line skirt, black tights, the Payless “Terri” ankle boots in black and a matching handbag, my goal being to look dressy because I feel especially good when dressed up, meanwhile, it was something of a rarity to wear a long skirt in the winter, but it still looked sharp.

Arriving at Cherry Hill shortly after eleven, I was prepared to face huge crowds of shoppers there to either return gifts they had gotten or take advantage of post Christmas sales, however, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it wasn’t at all crowded or chaotic, but I wasn’t complaining, especially when I think about the unholy mob scene there (and at other malls) just two days before. My first stop was to JCPenney where, after paying my bill, I did some shopping of my own, spending well over half an hour there, it should be noted (if I haven’t already done so) that I purposefully take my sweet time when shopping for womenswear, a VERY enjoyable experience for me as a fashion freestyler, but when I shop for menswear, it’s more a chore, and a tiresome one at that, I mean, given a choice between shopping for dull stuff like say, pants and fun stuff like a skirt or dress, give me the latter any day. As for what I purchased, I found a sharp looking faux leather jacket in beige for just under thirty two bucks, down from its normal price of $130, not bad at all. Strolling through the mall, the crowds were no thicker than on a Saturday afternoon, my next stop was to the Apple Store where, after resisting the urge to upgrade my iPhone, I bought a $25 gift card for the App Store which comes in handy on a regular basis, then, swinging by Macy’s, I found a sale on HUE tights, my brand of choice, and I bought four pairs for $28 bucks which pleased me, and I figure that would be enough to get me through the winter as I sport black legwear most during this time of year.

Back in the car, I drove to Moorestown Mall to see what the crowds were like there, but I was mild there as well. First things first was lunch, the mall had a pizzeria there, and I availed myself of a slice of chicken bacon ranch, my favorite these days, after that, I got in some shopping at Sears, like at Penney’s, I spent a solid half hour there because it was enjoyable, what I liked more was buying three short skirts, I think you’ll be highly impressed with what I’ve found, and I’ll show them off soon. By the by, while I was in Sears, a gray haired, middle aged woman wearing a beret smiled at me and said she liked my boots, then added she was envious of me since she couldn’t wear heels as high as mine, I grinned back and thanked her. Once again, I attracted the attention of someone who appreciated what I wore, I can’t emphasize this enough, if you go out of your way to look your best, you will be appreciated for your appearance. And again, that makes what I do more than worth the trouble. More to come....

Jaunt #534, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #534, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JeffB said:

I can’t emphasize this enough, if you go out of your way to look your best, you will be appreciated for your appearance. And again, that makes what I do more than worth the trouble.

You are freestyling  if you are out in public with heels, so this is a very important concept to understand:

If you are going to freestyle in anyway, then it pays to dress well.

Put time into what you wear.  I have had many women tell me they wish they could wear high heels like I do, effortlessly, especially when I have stilettos on. It's almost common place to hear "I love your heels, wish I could wear them".  I have had men ask me where they can find something I had on, if its not from the men's side then depending on the person I might tell them I found it on-line but don't remember where.

• Like 2

Jaunt #535, 12/27/2019: Even though I had given up wearing pants and jeans over six years ago in favor of skirts and dresses, the lure of leggings is as strong as ever as I’ve come to truly enjoy wearing them. Anyhoo, with errands to run before returning to watch college football, I headed out into Springfield in a black quilted vest over a light gray sweater, black, fleece lined leggings, the Shoes of Prey “Savoca” pumps in black and a matching handbag. There’s something about leggings, especially black leggings that emphasizes my long legs and makes them look, well, sexy, and that makes feel sexy, and that’s a great feeling indeed, as for the pumps, even though the heels were only three inches, the style of the shoes paired well with the leggings to present a stylish look, however, I must admit it felt a wee bit, well, odd to wear pumps since it had been quite a long time since my last outing in such shoes. Then there’s the sweater, because of it’s regular length, it puts my butt on full display, as a freestyler, I have nothing to hide, so why not show off my assets?

My first stop was to Burger King as it was twelve thirty when I arrived, and I was starved, so I partook of the Impossible Whopper which was the chain’s meatless burger, and it’s plenty darn good, this was the fourth time I’ve had it and I’m impressed with it. From there, I went to Acme supermarket to buy a few non-perishable odds and ends, I approached the main entrance at the same time as a young mother with twin boys, no older than three or four in tow, and both of them stared up at me in wide eyed shock as if I had three heads and was breathing fire like one of Daenerys Targaryen’s dragons on Game of Thrones, something I found humorous. In the store, I was in the condiment aisle looking for ranch salad dressing when I came up on a guy who was kinda sorta dragging his feet with a shopping cart, when he heard my heels on the tile, he stepped aside and said, “Sorry, Miss”, but when he saw I wasn’t a Miss, he gasped then said, “Whoops! My bad!” With a grin, I nodded and said “No prob” in passing. Of course, he had no way of knowing I didn’t mind being called by the feminine pronoun. My next stop was to my home away from home, Best Buy for no other reason than because I loved ogling all the gadgets and gizmos, yeah, it’s a weakness, I won’t deny it, meanwhile, I didn’t come away emptyhanded as I saw something that drew my attention, an Amazon Echo Show smart clock, intrigued, and since it was only $60 bucks, I decided to buy it.

(Aside: I hooked up my toy right after I returned home, and it’s pretty neat!)

My third and final stop was to Bed Bath & Beyond for a couple of household items, but joined a group of shoppers for a demonstration of a spiffy new cleaning liquid, I was so impressed with the stuff and how well it cleaned tile, hardwood and carpet, I went ahead and bought a bottle. By the by, it should be noted that I was originally there to buy dish towels and some kitchen utensils, but I forgot about those things. Oh, well, there’s always next time. While it was a short outing, it was still enjoyable, any opportunity to wear women’s clothes and shoes which I absolutely live for and love is always tremendous fun. More to come....

Jaunt #535, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #535, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 4

What a nice casual outfit for running a few errands! The pumps almost seem too dressy for the rest of the outfit, but I approve anyway. Didn't you have those things custom made? You better make time to wear them!

• Like 1

Nice look JeffB I sometimes wear pumps with my leggings, which you did. I like that look too, with leggings.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

What a nice casual outfit for running a few errands! The pumps almost seem too dressy for the rest of the outfit, but I approve anyway. Didn't you have those things custom made? You better make time to wear them!

Yes they were, and I will. A pity Shoes of Prey went belly up before I could try other styles, like their boots.

19 hours ago, bluejay said:

Nice look JeffB I sometimes wear pumps with my leggings, which you did. I like that look too, with leggings.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks for the kind words, bluejay.

Jaunt #536, 12/28/2019: Since this figured to be my last outing for 2019, I thought I’d dress up for a trip to the King of Prussia Mall, my ensemble being my wine faux leather moto jacket over a black mockneck, a 15 inch leopard print denim skirt, black tights, the Payless “Martinez” ankle boots in black and a black hobo bag. I mentioned in my previous outing that I had bought three skirts while at Sears, what I didn’t say about those skirts was that they came from the Juniors section of the store. I was in the market for short skirts because I had a fondness for wearing minis since they accented my long legs, so I came up with the idea of looking through the Juniors section as the clothes were for smaller females than what Misses wore, so it stood to reason the skirts would be shorter too, so I took a flier on them. It should also be noted that because the sizes were smaller than Misses, I had to buy extra large instead of large as I didn’t think the latter would be big enough for me, and that gamble proved correct. Whew! Of the three skirts I bought, the leopard print which caught my eye first was easily the most striking, and, in my opinion, the most daring in a visual sense, and that attracted me greatly, and besides, it looked great on me.

Driving to the mall, I arrived shortly after eleven a.m., unlike my previous trip two weeks earlier, it wasn’t as crowded and bustling since Christmas had came and went, I can only imagine how off the charts insane it must’ve been there on Christmas Eve with multitudes of desperate shoppers frantically looking for gifts to buy before the big day, the mere thought of all that relentless consumer madness gave me a shudder. Between the brightly hued jacket and the short, leopard print skirt, I was pretty darn colorful, especially for late December, so I figured I’d be noticed for a change, but, much to my mild surprise, I went ignored, despite my appearance, I suppose I should’ve expected that, however, I thought sure my ensemble would draw the attention of others, but that wasn’t the case. Oh well, them’s the breaks. In the food court, I gave a couple of guys an endorsement for the Subway beef brisket sandwich which I’ve had a time or two or three, they took my suggestion and would later thank me because they enjoyed the sandwiches. Ahh, it’s nice to be helpful. Now, I didn’t go totally ignored, while walking past a rotunda with a huge tree bereft of it’s Santa Claus, a twentysomething woman walking past flashed me a thumbs up and said, “Cute skirt!”, I grinned and thanked her. Getting compliments from women on my appearance never gets old, let me tell you. Later on, at Old Navy, a shopping destination of choice, I bought two dresses, one for winter, a second for summer.

Not that I actively took note of how long I spent at the mall, but it came out to a shade under four hours there, covering practically every square foot of the place, wandering in and out of shops and department stores to window shop (for women’s clothes of course) and had a great time as I always did while at KOP. When I think about how far I've come in my outings at the mall, from heels under long jeans to womenswear from head to toe, I'm both amazed and pleased with my progress, and evolution as a fashion freestyler. More to come....

Jaunt #536, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #536, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 5

Nice look JeffB. I like animal prints too. I have them in leggings and tops.

Today, while I wore my red patent knee boots(3" chunky heels) under my black dress pants, with a women's red mock neck top.  I got two compliments from men while shopping after church. Both said they liked my red shoes. I had to lift up my pant leg to show that I was wearing knee boots. Of course my lady friends at my church loved the red color of my boots and top. That goes to show that your adage of dressing up, with confidence for the occasion  goes along way in getting compliments.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 4:14 AM, JeffB said:

Jaunt #535, 12/27/2019: Even though I had given up wearing pants and jeans over six years ago in favor of skirts and dresses, the lure of leggings is as strong as ever as I’ve come to truly enjoy wearing them. Anyhoo, with errands to run before returning to watch college football, I headed out into Springfield in a black quilted vest over a light gray sweater, black, fleece lined leggings, the Shoes of Prey “Savoca” pumps in black and a matching handbag. There’s something about leggings, especially black leggings that emphasizes my long legs and makes them look, well, sexy, and that makes feel sexy, and that’s a great feeling indeed, as for the pumps, even though the heels were only three inches, the style of the shoes paired well with the leggings to present a stylish look, however, I must admit it felt a wee bit, well, odd to wear pumps since it had been quite a long time since my last outing in such shoes. Then there’s the sweater, because of it’s regular length, it puts my butt on full display, as a freestyler, I have nothing to hide, so why not show off my assets?

My first stop was to Burger King as it was twelve thirty when I arrived, and I was starved, so I partook of the Impossible Whopper which was the chain’s meatless burger, and it’s plenty darn good, this was the fourth time I’ve had it and I’m impressed with it. From there, I went to Acme supermarket to buy a few non-perishable odds and ends, I approached the main entrance at the same time as a young mother with twin boys, no older than three or four in tow, and both of them stared up at me in wide eyed shock as if I had three heads and was breathing fire like one of Daenerys Targaryen’s dragons on Game of Thrones, something I found humorous. In the store, I was in the condiment aisle looking for ranch salad dressing when I came up on a guy who was kinda sorta dragging his feet with a shopping cart, when he heard my heels on the tile, he stepped aside and said, “Sorry, Miss”, but when he saw I wasn’t a Miss, he gasped then said, “Whoops! My bad!” With a grin, I nodded and said “No prob” in passing. Of course, he had no way of knowing I didn’t mind being called by the feminine pronoun. My next stop was to my home away from home, Best Buy for no other reason than because I loved ogling all the gadgets and gizmos, yeah, it’s a weakness, I won’t deny it, meanwhile, I didn’t come away emptyhanded as I saw something that drew my attention, an Amazon Echo Show smart clock, intrigued, and since it was only $60 bucks, I decided to buy it.

My third and final stop was to Bed Bath & Beyond for a couple of household items, but joined a group of shoppers for a demonstration of a spiffy new cleaning liquid, I was so impressed with the stuff and how well it cleaned tile, hardwood and carpet, I went ahead and bought a bottle. By the by, it should be noted that I was originally there to buy dish towels and some kitchen utensils, but I forgot about those things. Oh, well, there’s always next time. While it was a short outing, it was still enjoyable, any opportunity to wear women’s clothes and shoes which I absolutely live for and love is always tremendous fun. More to come....

Jaunt #535, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #535, outfit-2.jpg

As you might guess from my comments a few days back, I think you look great in those heels!  lol.

On 12/28/2019 at 4:14 AM, JeffB said:

Jaunt #535, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #535, outfit-2.jpg

As you might guess from my comments a few days back, I think you look great in those heels!  lol.

I find it interesting that so many of you guys that wear your heels proudly and on display get comments from women such as "I wish I could wear heels like that".  Now I know there are many women that physically cannot wear heels, my wife included, but I would bet that many of those women just don't really make an effort to wear heels.  Yes, if you're going to pull out a pair of heels once every six months, you're going to struggle to be comfortable in them.  Ladies, if you'll just wear them with some regularity, you might find that you actually CAN wear heels like that....ok, I'll shut up now, my rant is done...lol.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 6:04 PM, RonC said:

I find it interesting that so many of you guys that wear your heels proudly and on display get comments from women such as "I wish I could wear heels like that".  Now I know there are many women that physically cannot wear heels, my wife included, but I would bet that many of those women just don't really make an effort to wear heels.  Yes, if you're going to pull out a pair of heels once every six months, you're going to struggle to be comfortable in them.  Ladies, if you'll just wear them with some regularity, you might find that you actually CAN wear heels like that....ok, I'll shut up now, my rant is done...lol.

Well said, Ron!

• Like 1

Jaunt #537, 1/4/2020: The weather on my first jaunt of 2020 was less than ideal, what with overcast skies, drizzle and mild temperatures, but that didn’t stop me from going out. However, the conditions forced me to change my plans on my destination, because it was so damp and gloomy, I decided it would be a good idea to be indoors, and that meant the King of Prussia Mall, sporting a black moto jacket over a black mockneck, a 15 inch distressed camo miniskirt, black tights, the Payless “Riot” combat and a black satchel bag. The skirt was one of three that came from the Juniors department at Sears which I bought a couple of weeks ago, like the leopard print mini I wore on my last outing, this camo, a style I had been interested in for years, was extra large, but it fit perfectly well, and, more importantly, it looked good on me.

Christmas decorations were still up in the mall when I entered the place, but the atmosphere wasn’t a fraction as festive as it had been a couple of weeks ago, however, there was still a good crowd inside, and, as usual, I went ignored as I went about my business of wandering about. In the comic book store, I got into a spirited discussion with a co-worker and another customer about who was the best big screen version of the Joker, I had Jack Nicholson (Batman), the co-worker had Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight) and the customer had Joaquin Phoenix (Joker), we all argued the pros and cons of our choices for a good ten minutes and it was great fun, while we never came to a consensus, we all agreed that Jared Leto (Suicide Squad) sucked eggs as we all hated his performance. Following lunch at Subway, I was sitting in a rotunda next to Nordstrom checking my email, nearby were a couple of twentysomething women playing on the Nintendo Switch, when they finished and rose to leave, one of them smiled at me and said, “I really like your style!”, I smiled back and thanked her. I would wander through three department stores (Lord & Taylor, Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s) gazing at womenswear, imagine how I’d look in the clothes I’ve grown very fond of being in, unlike menswear which I find boring as sin, but, it was at Old Navy that I actually bought something, that being a gray peacoat (on sale) to utilize as contrast for when I wear black turtlenecks and sweaters. It’s all about fashion in its myriad forms.

My last shopping stop of the day was to Primark where I bought a couple of skirts, one short, the other long, both of which I look forward to showing off in the weeks to come, by the by, while I was in the store, a fortysomething black woman said she liked my earrings, which I found to have been cool. So while the weather outside was mildly frightful, the jaunting indoors was absolutely delightful, still, I look forward to being outdoors on my next adventure. More to come....

Jaunt #537, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #537, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love the last couple of skirts, Jeff! Looking forward to your next jaunt!

• Like 1

Jaunt #538, 1/26/2020: Hard to believe it’s been three weeks since my last outing. Between lousy weather and life getting in the way, finding time for a jaunt was difficult until Sunday rolled around when the weather finally cooperated with me, but the day after it rained cats and dogs for a goodly portion of Saturday, so I headed out in my Old Navy black wool peacoat over a red mockneck, a 15 inch zip front denim miniskirt, black tights, the Nordstrom BP brand “Nolly” black ankle boots and a black handbag. The skirt was the last of a trio of Junior sized minis I had bought over a month ago from Sears and it was as snazzy as the other two I had worn, especially with the zippered front, and, like the others, it was deliciously short, just the way I like my skirts as they show off my long legs to perfection.

My outing took me over the Ben Franklin Bridge and into South Jersey where I hadn’t been to in awhile, probably not since just after Christmas. Business first as I went to Cherry Hill Mall to pay my JCPenney bill on the ground floor, then I went up to the second floor where the women’s clothing was to do some looking around, there was an odd mix in the aisles of leftover winter wear and spring attire, sometimes right next to each other, but, amazingly enough, I didn’t see anything worthy of purchase, so I left the store, no big deal, I’m sure that more appetizing options would show up as winter eventually gives way to spring. I had arrived at the mall around 11:30 and there wasn’t much in the way of crowds, so I was able to wander the mall at my leisure while going pretty much ignored by those around me. At the Apple Store, I chatted with a salesperson about the new iPhone which I was still interested in before buying an gift card for the App Store. At Old Navy, I saw the same mix of outgoing winter clothes and incoming spring attire, however, unlike at Penney’s, I didn’t come away emptyheaded as I bought a nice black blazer that I figured would come in handy once the weather warms up.

Back in my car, I motored down to Moorestown Mall and my favorite multiplex to catch a showing of The Gentlemen, Guy Ritchie’s latest Cockney comedic crime drama and found it to have been entertaining. From there, I went to Best Buy where I bought my latest gadget, an air fryer, something I had my eye on for my kitchen for the longest time, and, at forty bucks (before taxes), it was a good deal. I can’t wait to try it out. After a three week hiatus, it sure felt great to be back in a skirt and heels, something I had genuinely missed and thoroughly enjoyed as there’s nothing like fashion freestyling. Hopefully, I won’t have to wait nearly a month before my next outing. More to come....

Jaunt #538, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #538, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 4