JeffB

The Jaunts of JeffB!

Posted (edited)

I have had different  things happen to me in doctor's office. All the staff in my dentist office want to come to what heels I have on, so I try to wear "statement heels" in for them. My podiaitrist and I decided on how to treat my injured tendons so that I can still wear heels.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

As an aside, it is interesting to read that, in the US at least, the place where you go to see a doctor, dentist, optician, chiropractor etc is called an 'office'.   In the UK, it would almost always be called a 'surgery' or 'clinic' (or perhaps, in a hospital, a 'treatment room' or similar)   We would not normally use the term 'office' for a place where anything much other than clerical work is carried on.   But then, we walk (not drive) on a pavement - and a woman has her purse inside a handbag.

• Like 2

For goodness sakes, speak English.......   ha ha....

We have some friends who live in England and when we get together we still laugh at each other about the differences in British and American English....   For me it’s fun AND educational.....

sf

• Like 1

Knowledge! Gotta love it!  :fine:

Good on you Jeff!  That takes guts!  Most of my outings to this point have been to places where no one knows me personally.  And I am always careful that I don't bump into someone I know.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Good on you Jeff!  That takes guts!  Most of my outings to this point have been to places where no one knows me personally.  And I am always careful that I don't bump into someone I know.

Well, I'm lucky to live in a large city like Philadelphia where the chances of running into someone I know, either from work or the street I live on is minimal. Still, as Walt Disney was famous for having noted, it's a small world after all, so anything is possible. Despite that, I don't let it bother me and go about the business of having fun on my outings.

• Like 2

Years I ago I was on a little known beach on the "bad side" of Oahu. Only two other groups on the beach. We all lived within 1 mile of each other on the mainland. Walt was correct.

• Like 1

Jaunt #513, 8/31/2019: I guess that the more I wear women’s clothing in public, the more natural and, in turn, commonplace it becomes, and for me, that makes things more enjoyable as I come and go as I please with no problem whatsoever, a pleasurable experience indeed. This outing was no different as I sported a short sleeved, floral print dress from Sears, the Trotters “Eli” woven slip-ons in black and a black satchel bag. A bit fancy you ask? Sure, but I wanted to look fancy, a key part of how much I enjoy freestyling, showing off my style. The dress had a nice silhouette and was a tasteful length for public consumption while on the footwear side, I decided to wear something other than sandals which had been my shoe of choice all spring and summer.

My first stop was to a suburban computer store halfway between my neighborhood and King Of Prussia to purchase a piece of hardware for my computer, I placed the order for the item online at home earlier in the morning, so all I had to do was go to the store and pick up same, I was there some ten minutes and that was that, and I was on my way further west to KOP. I arrived at the mall close to eleven thirty, just as the crowds were starting to build for the day. The fun of strolling through a mall full of people, attired in womenswear and going ignored by those throngs was a sign that I was either accepted for my appearance which I strive to make tasteful and appropriate for the surroundings I’m in, or those people were just too wrapped up in their own affairs to care about a guy parading around in a dress, and, that’s just fine by me. Lunch in the food court was a salad and a bottle of water from Subway, gotta have variety, no chicken bacon ranch pizza for lunch all the time, though I’ll admit to being sorely tempted. Heh! Now, I also have to admit I wasn’t totally ignored, at the candy shop where I go for my mini gummi bear fix, a female member of the staff in her twenties greeted me with a smile, called me “Miss” (I’m a regular there) and said she liked my dress. I smiled and thanked her.

Speaking of which, I did buy a charming dress at Primark that was a tad daring, but I liked the style, with any luck, I’ll show it off before it gets too chilly. By the by, while I was on my way home, I found myself thinking about fall, what with September literally right around the corner and what sort of dresses (and footwear) I’ll be wearing as the days grow longer and the weather turns chillier. I’m most eager to see what happens next. More to come....

Jaunt #513, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #513, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #513, outfit-3.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks fantastic! I have floral skirts, I even bought some pink tights to go with some red pumps, as the weather shifts into autumn, I won't go back to the banishment of blacks, blues and greys. I've been called 'Madam' before, it just confirms my outfit looks good and I blend in!

This style of dress suits you as well as it shows off your figure :circle:

Edited by SkirtDude
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2008 at 9:53 AM, JeffB said:

10/18/2008

While I don't get out in heels as much as I'd like, certainly not as much as, say, HappyFeat, but I'm doing what I can in my own way. In any event, I thought I'd start catalouging all my outings here, starting with a trip I took to the mall yesterday.

This was pretty much a spur of the moment idea to go out since I haven't done so in a while (in fact, I can't remember the last time I went out), so I put together what I thought was a sharp looking outfit for my little trip to mall where I do the bulk of my heeling. Below is a picture of said outfit:

Posted Image

A black leather jacket over a black turtleneck, jeans and, in something of a departure for me since I've never done this previously, black patent pumps. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a pair of Payless Lance Flex pumps which I think look super sharp, so I decided to wear them to the mall, something I've never done before. After arriving at the mall, it took a few minutes to muster up my courage before getting out of the car, and I found that humorously ironic. After all, prior to yesterday, I've been out and about in skirts, including a trip in one to New York City for Pete's sake, and yet, it took a wee bit of effort to expose myself to the world once again in women's shoes. Taking a few deep breaths, I left the car and went into the mall for my adventure.

Being in the King of Prussia Mall, one of the largest malls on the East Coast and in the country, I was exposed to a huge crowd of people of all ages, as is my usual procedure, I walked through the mall at a slow, leisurely pace, standing tall, posture perfect, acting for all the world like I belonged there like everyone else. Given the length of my inseam, there was no doubt that people saw I was wearing pumps, but I didn't care. You see, you absolutely CANNOT wear high heels in public and worry about being seen. Like it or not, you WILL be seen, you WILL be stared at, you WILL get double takes and wide-eyed stares, you WILL be pointed at like an oddity, and, on occcasion, you WILL get snickers, giggles or chuckles. There's just no avoiding that. period!

Lunch at the food court was a mob scene as it was crowded, but I remained calm, cool and collected as I stood in line at Chick-Fil-A for their chicken salad sandwich which I love. After getting my order, I went to a table to eat, sitting down, I'm sure everyone around me could see the heels, but I didn't care, I just took my time eating and enjoying my meal. This was followed by more strolling to my favorite places to shop, mainly for comics, books, magazines and DVD's, covering pretty much the entire length of the mall, and, for the most part, I went ignored, if anyone stared or gaped (and sure that was the case), I ignored them. At one point, I sat on a bench and crossed my legs (like a woman) so people could see my noticeably shiny pumps. I didn't care.

After some three or four hours, I called it a day as I had to get back to the house to watch Penn State play Michigan. All in all, it was good outing, and an uneventual outing as well. It's not often I've gone out in pumps, but I must say it was a goodly amount of fun.

How much you're style has evolved since 2008!  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

Looks fantastic! I have floral skirts, I even bought some pink tights to go with some red pumps, as the weather shifts into autumn, I won't go back to the banishment of blacks, blues and greys. I've been called 'Madam' before, it just confirms my outfit looks good and I blend in!

This style of dress suits you as well as it shows off your figure :circle:

Thanks! I’ve worked hard over the last two years to both lose weight and shape up my physique so I’ll look my best in skirts and especially dresses. Meanwhile, being called “Miss” is kinda cool, I don’t bother correcting anyone who addresses me with that pronoun, maybe they think I’m transitioning from male to female because of the clothes (and the shoes, and the handbags, and the jewelry, and the infrequent use of lipstick) and don’t want to offend. In any event, it’s no big deal.

3 hours ago, kneehighs said:

How much you're style has evolved since 2008!  

I know! Incredible, isn’t it? When I started this thread way back then, the notion of wearing women’s clothes from head to toe on my outings, as a man, flat out never occurred to me, at the time, I thought it was enough just to wear heels. Boy, was I ever mistaken! Sometimes, I tend to think I obsess over my style, but, if I’m going to do what I do, then it’s crucial I look my absolute best, and that constant attention to detail has paid huge dividends in my evolution as a fashion freestyler.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Sometimes, I tend to think I obsess over my style, but, if I’m going to do what I do, then it’s crucial I look my absolute best, ....

This is something all of us that freestyle must do. While I don;t wear dresses or skirts, I am always in 4 inch heels, have all my nails painted and most of my clothes started as women's.  I know I am doing something right when I have women colleagues tell me that they always admire my heels and/or my nails. 

• Like 2

@JeffB here's a lawyer whose dress code reminds me of you.  He seem to get loads of positive validation -- not that it matters -- from females too

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

Well, now, THAT’S certainly interesting! He sure has style!

10 hours ago, JeffB said:

Well, now, THAT’S certainly interesting! He sure has style!

So I checked him out, 'cause you know, I'm a big Instagram guy. Obviously, other than wearing dresses, you guys are going for something completely different. Having said that, I think you do it rather better, Jeff, compensating of course for the limitations of the self timer on your camera.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

So I checked him out, 'cause you know, I'm a big Instagram guy. Obviously, other than wearing dresses, you guys are going for something completely different. Having said that, I think you do it rather better, Jeff, compensating of course for the limitations of the self timer on your camera.

Completely different is a complete overstatement.

Josh appears as a man, but dresses in women's clothes.  Jeff does the same. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Thanks! I do as best I can!

5 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Well, Josh has facial hair, I don't since I prefer being clean shaven. He also wears (UGH) jeans, something I haven't done on my outings since 2013. Otherwise, Josh and I demonstrate that men can wear women's clothes AS MEN and NOT look freakish. I like what he does.

6 hours ago, kneehighs said:

I suppose there are two ways of looking at it. One is in the broader sense that yes, here are two men whose style comes pretty much 100% from the "other" side of the store, so they must be similar. Comparing the two from a different perspective, Josh is a fashion Instagrammer, (or would that be grammar? HA!) who puts out a lot of material regularly, and you have to do that if you're doing the Instragram thing seriously. When you're under that kind of pressure, self-imposed or not, you just throw stuff out there, because you have to. It's kind of like being the preacher. You have to come up with a sermon every Sunday, whether you feel inspired or not. Jeff, on the other hand, just goes out when he feels like it and has time. Sometimes, there is a significant gap between jaunts. Therefore, it is my opinion that Jeff's outfits are better thought out more consistently. Josh's outfits are edgier and definitely look more trendy. Jeff's outfits tend to be far more classic and timeless. That is only to be expected, given that Josh is less than half Jeff's age (and mine too).

So, in my mind, they're going for something completely different. That's all I meant by that.

• Like 1

If you look at the hashtags, it looks like he also has a sponsor.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JeffB said:

Thanks! I do as best I can!

Well, Josh has facial hair, I don't since I prefer being clean shaven. He also wears (UGH) jeans, something I haven't done on my outings since 2013. Otherwise, Josh and I demonstrate that men can wear women's clothes AS MEN and NOT look freakish. I like what he does.

haha to the jeans comment!  

12 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I suppose there are two ways of looking at it. One is in the broader sense that yes, here are two men whose style comes pretty much 100% from the "other" side of the store, so they must be similar. Comparing the two from a different perspective, Josh is a fashion Instagrammer, (or would that be grammar? HA!) who puts out a lot of material regularly, and you have to do that if you're doing the Instragram thing seriously. When you're under that kind of pressure, self-imposed or not, you just throw stuff out there, because you have to. It's kind of like being the preacher. You have to come up with a sermon every Sunday, whether you feel inspired or not. Jeff, on the other hand, just goes out when he feels like it and has time. Sometimes, there is a significant gap between jaunts. Therefore, it is my opinion that Jeff's outfits are better thought out more consistently. Josh's outfits are edgier and definitely look more trendy. Jeff's outfits tend to be far more classic and timeless. That is only to be expected, given that Josh is less than half Jeff's age (and mine too).

So, in my mind, they're going for something completely different. That's all I meant by that.

Now I understand.  Thanks for the explanation. 

6 hours ago, Cali said:

If you look at the hashtags, it looks like he also has a sponsor.

Hopefully he's not spending his share of the 1.5 Trillion $USD Student Loan debt on clothes.  I know what you mean brand/corporate sponsor.  To me, the word is so full of connotative meaning (Sugar Bowl: Sugar Daddy sponsors Sugar Baby).  Ugh, time to detox my mind. 

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Everything you said I agree with fully. For me, it's more about quality instead of quantity when it comes to my outings, and yeah, time is a concern since I work five days a week and only have weekends (no more Sundays starting tomorrow with the new NFL season kicking off) and vacation time to go out and about. As I've said here more times than I can recall, I'm fairly well obsessed with looking my best when I wear women's clothes in public because of the importance of presenting a proper image as a fashion freestyler. Regarding Josh being edgy and trendy, I rather like that in his pictures, it's his style and I can appreciate that.

Jaunt #514, 9/7/2019: For everyone who follows my thread (and I appreciate everyone who does), you know I’m all about the numbers which helped me chronicle my journey from mere heeled to full blown fashion freestyler, so, here’s a new number: 64. What does it mean? Well, it has nothing to do with that old Beatles song, especially since I’m only 60, rather that’s the number of outings I’ve undertaken in dresses, officially eclipsing the times I’ve worn jeans which had been permanently frozen at 63 since I last wore them on April 28, 2013, and, as I’ve said before, I don’t miss that at all, having dedicated myself to skirts and now dresses.

Meanwhile, with the weather crisp and cool, I sported a Lee dark denim jacket over an Old Navy floral print spaghetti strap dress, a white handbag and new shoes, the Halogen “Aster” sandals in white with 3 1/2 inch wedge heels from Nordstrom, yes, friends, I said Nordstrom, a high end store. With Payless out of business, I needed a new source for shoes, and since Nordstrom offers size 13, I checked their website to see what they had and found these cute sandals, discounted from $89.99 to $53.99, so I decided to take the splurge and was glad I did. While I like my Payless stuff, there’s nothing like genuine leather shoes which fits like a second skin, the sandals paired perfectly with my dress and were comfortable, despite not being a wide width, heck, the wedge heels even made a satisfyingly loud sound on the pavement, a welcome benefit. What about them being white, AND it was after Labor Day? Pfft! I didn't care about that, not one bit! Just call me a fashion rebel! My destination for the day was Sears at Moorestown Mall as my new glasses (from my eye exam on August 27th) were ready for pick up, so I went straight there to get them, once again, the staff was accommodating and professional as they warmly welcomed me, presented me with the new specs and thanked me for my business. I found that to have been very nice.

After lunch in the food court (a slice of chicken bacon ranch pizza with a bottle of water), I returned to Sears for some shopping, but all I bought was a silver plated women’s watch. The reason? I wanted to have a silver watch to pair with silver jewelry, just as I have a gold watch to pair with gold jewelry. Yeah, I know, just a tad anal, but that’s how I roll. From there, I drove to Cherry Hill Mall, by then, temps warmed up considerably, so I ditched the jacket and strolled into JCPenney to look around. Another aspect of my ongoing evolution as a freestyler is that I no longer fear wearing a garment with a plunging neckline, or displaying plenty of skin (front and back) in a thin strapped top or dress, and while I don’t have breasts, I’m proud to show off my man cleavage, sure, that could be seen as exhibitionism, I don’t care, it’s what I like, so I flaunt what I have. Like at Sears, clothing wasn’t on my agenda as I bought three sets of boxed jewelry, that being pendants with matching earrings (the latter I kept after I returned home as I’m contemplating having my ears pierced) for just under $45.00. Not too bad. Ditto for a leisurely walk through the mall as I drew no attention from shoppers. Par for the course. A good day all around. More to come....

Jaunt #514, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #514, outfit-2.jpg

shoes-aster.jpg

Jaunt #515, 9/8/2019: If its early September, that means its time for NFL football, which means Sunday outings will be far and few inbetween, if they happen at all, save for when my Eagles are on their bye week or play on Monday night. However, I did have time before the season opener to run a couple of errands, but hey, any excuse for a jaunt, even a short one, so I donned an Old Navy denim jacket over a black floral print spaghetti strap minidress from same, the Payless “Terri” ankle boots in black and a matching handbag. The temps were crisp, just under 70, thus the jacket, so pairing it with a short dress and short boots was an experiment for outfits I’ll be wearing when October rolls around, and I’m already ready to fiddle around when it comes to outfits to put together.

Heading west into Springfield, my first stop was to Acme to buy a few non perishable odds and ends, more than a few shoppers were wearing Eagles green, something that made me wish I had worn my short sleeved green swing dress instead. Oh, well, maybe next time. My next stop was next door (kinda sorta) at Home Depot as I needed to buy heavy duty contractor trash bags to stuff weeds in from the backyard, and believe me, there are plenty of them there. UGH! Next up, fun stuff, and no place better for that than Best Buy for ogling gizmos and gadgets, my idea of a good time. I wasn’t in the store more than ten minutes when a member of the store’s loss prevention staff, a thirtysomething black woman walked up to me and, with a smile said, “I’m really digging your outfit, it looks awesome on you!” I grinned back and thanked her, as always, it’s certainly good to get compliments, especially from women, that tells me I’m doing something right when it comes to my appearance. With a purchased copy of Avengers: Endgame in my purse and the Eagles’ season opener only thirty minutes away, I returned home.

It was pretty cool to wear a short dress, albeit on a short outing as I had fun showing off my long legs. Even though I’m 60, I’ll match my legs against any woman, any time as I have timelessly gorgeous gams which I’m damn proud of displaying. More to come....

Jaunt #515, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #515, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

Well done again Jeff!  If you are contemplating having you ears pierced I say go for it!  I had mine done years ago now and have never looked back.  It will open up alot of new avenues for you to explore as a freestyler.  The possibilities are endless!  It will become addictive though.  My earring collection rivals my shoes.  And I have since added a second set of earrings to my ears.

• Like 1

Jaunt #516, 9/14/2019: While I’ve worn dresses in numerous colors, save perhaps for purple and pink (and I wouldn’t rule out either), there’s a certain....something about black that really gets my motor running, I feel bold and dynamic when I wear black, and it’s no coincidence that I have more black dresses than any other color in my wardrobe. So today, I headed to the King of Prussia Mall in my sleeveless black dress from Sears, the Payless “Corey” semi-patent black flats and a black hobo bag. The dress, which I’ve had for something like two years now is both simple in styling but stylish and looks good on me in an uncomplicated way, as for the shoes, they’re so cute with the patent inserts on the toe and heel and are comfy for long periods of walking and standing. Oh, yeah, I’ve also started the practice of making sure all my jewelry, watch, neckwear and earrings were the same color, today, it was all silver plated. I’m just anal that way.

I got something of a late start and arrived at the mall a little after 11:30 as the crowd was just building, there was a bit of a nip in the air outside which kinda sorta made me wish I’d worn a jacket (bare arms, yo), a reminder that it was mid-September and fall was right around the corner. At the comic book shop, I enjoyed a lively chat with the staff about Avengers: Endgame and how freaking great it was, I should know, having watched it three times now (twice in theaters, once on Blu-Ray), at Dick’s Sporting Goods, I bought a new water bottle for my bike and another for home, then, it was off to the food court where I had a salad and a bottle of iced tea. No pizza you wonder? Well, man cannot live on pizza alone, though the notion does occur to me from time to time, but I fight back the suggestion. Gotta maintain my girlish figure. Heh! My wanderings through the mall were uneventful as usual, I swung by Old Navy but didn’t see anything I liked, a rarity of sorts, however, I did find something at H&M that appealed to me, a long sleeved, short hemmed sweater dress which was on sale, so I went and bought it.

Like I said, with fall on the way, it’s time to think about attire for cooler weather to come, just when I had gotten comfortable with and used to wearing spaghetti strapped dresses. Oh, well, them’s the breaks. I’ll also have to shift away from sandals which I’ve come to love wearing once it gets too chilly for open shoes, meaning pumps and plenty of outings in boots, both short and long. I’ll be looking forward to that. More to come....

Jaunt #516, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #516, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #516, outfit-3.jpeg

• Like 1

Everyone needs a "little black dress."  Someday I my get myself one.  You look nice in yours....   Have fun...  sf

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SF said:

Everyone needs a "little black dress."  Someday I my get myself one.  You look nice in yours....   Have fun...  sf

I say, go for it! Wearing a little black dress is so much fun!

Jaunt #517, 9/15/2019: With the Eagles in the national spotlight on Sunday Night Football against Atlanta, I figured I could get in an outing beforehand, garbed in an denim jacket over a black, floral print spaghetti strap dress, Payless “Paige” wedge heeled sandals in black and a handbag to match. The day started chilly, despite plenty of sunshine as I headed west into Springfield to Bed Bath and Beyond to buy a Brita water pitcher as I decided to ditch buying bottled water. Needless to say, I really love wearing dresses, and thin strap dresses with plunging necklines like what I wore on this outing are doubly fun as I get a kick out of showing off my “man cleavage”. Meanwhile, I’m determined to enjoy as many jaunts in sandals as I can before I have to put them away for the upcoming fall and winter season.

By the time I headed east back into the city and downtown, it had warmed up considerably, so much in fact, I was able to take off the jacket, and that pleased me greatly because I could show off the dress which I looked damned cute in. After taking over thirty minutes to find a parking spot, two blocks from Rittenhouse Square Park, paid for my parking, put on my sunglasses and sauntered towards the park, feeling bold and even a little sassy in my ensemble among throngs of people enjoying the pleasant weather. At the park itself, the activity was incredible as a fine art festival was underway with dozens of stalls where artists, some having come from as far away as Florida and California gathered to display and sell paintings and sculptures. I slowly wandered about the stalls, seeing lots and lots of amazing art, all at prices I couldn’t begin to afford. While wandering about, I came across an older gentleman who looked to be in his late 60’s who grinned at me and said, “You look magnificent. Thank you for being here”. I grinned back and thanked him, it’s exceedingly rare to get compliments from men, young or old on my appearance, so I appreciate their words all the more.

After close to thirty minutes wandering the stalls, I felt my stomach rumble, so I walked down some three blocks on crowded sidewalks to a pizzeria where I sought my favorite, chicken bacon ranch, but they didn’t have any, so I settled for a slice of barbecue chicken which I enjoyed with a bottle of water while watching NFL action on several large TV screens. Returning to the park, I found a bench where I got in some reading on my Kindle while people came and went around me for over half an hour before time came to pack up and leave. This was yet another fun outing, and with summer was on the wane, I plan to enjoy wearing strappy dresses and cute sandals for as long as I can, something I wouldn’t have said several years ago. More to come....

Jaunt #517, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #517, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #517, outfit-3.jpeg

• Like 2

You look great in these dresses, Jeff! The strappy ones are so cute!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

You look great in these dresses, Jeff! The strappy ones are so cute!

I know! I having lots of fun wearing that style as they make me look my best!