JeffB

The Jaunts of JeffB!

Jeff?  You still there?  

Not to worry, I’m still around, I’ve just been very busy over the last few weeks and haven’t had time for outings. As John Lennon was famous for having said, “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans”. Hopefully, I’ll be back jaunting next weekend.

• Like 3

Good to know!  hhplace wouldn't be the same without you!

• Like 1

You okay, hun? No Jaunts?

Jaunt #506, 8/10/2019: Hard to believe it’s been nearly a month (7/13) since my last jaunt, but, I had been rather busy for the last few weeks so I couldn’t go out and about, or, as John Lennon was famous for having said, “Life is what happens when you’re making other plans”. Anyhoo, with an opening in my schedule, I finally got to enjoy an outing, going to the King of Prussia Mall in my red jersey dress from H&M, the Payless “Parsley” flat sandals in a white and a black satchel bag. It’s also been said that you never miss the water until the well runs dry, and believe you me, I sure had missed being in dresses and had forgotten just how GOOD it felt to wear one, so it was quite exhilarating to be out and about in one again. However, during that last no interval between outings, I continued pondering over the last step in my evolution of going to dresses full time on my outings, I hardly think about wearing skirts, they’re just taking up space in my closet these days, but I’m still not prepared to get rid of them wholesale, and I’m perfectly fine with that. For the time being.

Meanwhile, there was already a good crowd at the mall when I arrived just after eleven a.m., I found myself idly wondering if people would take notice of me wearing red, I think you all know where this is headed, because the answer to that question is....no. In hindsight, I should’ve known better, I’ve been to KOP some three dozen times or more, and, despite all the things I’ve worn there, no one has ever paid any attention to me, and this outing was no different, still, even after all this time, I find that rather amazing. After a stop at the comic book shop, I went to Dick’s Sporting Goods where I picked up a new water bottle and a lock for a new bicycle I had bought the previous weekend. Following lunch where I had a slice of chicken bacon ranch pizza (it’s crazy good), I wandered about to see and be seen, and be ignored by the masses which was good enough for me, because that meant I was accepted for my presentation, something that’s always my goal for when I go out. Swinging by H&M, I bought a couple a couple of dresses similar to what I wore, the simplistic, casual style appealed to me, especially for outings where I don’t want to look fancy, like on this outing. I want to have different styles for different outings, everything from casual to dressy and everything inbetween.

So yeah, my fashion mindset is definitely gravitating from skirts to dresses, just like it changed from jeans to skirts, and I'm definitely excited about my evolution. More to come....

Jaunt #506, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #506, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JeffB said:

In hindsight, I should’ve known better, I’ve been to KOP some three dozen times or more, and, despite all the things I’ve worn there, no one has ever paid any attention to me, and this outing was no different

6 hours ago, JeffB said:

I found myself idly wondering if people would take notice of me wearing red, I think you all know where this is headed, because the answer to that question is....no.

6 hours ago, JeffB said:

I’ve been to KOP some three dozen times or more, and, despite all the things I’ve worn there, no one has ever paid any attention to me, and this outing was no different,

JeffB is back with an update! Hooray!

J'adore the non-feedback from others.  A sort of #AssimilationApathy

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, kneehighs said:

JeffB is back with an update! Hooray!

J'adore the non-feedback from others.  A sort of #AssimilationApathy

Haha, it's just that I prefer the mixture of both skirts and dresses, sometimes a skirt is more practical if you don't want to be too dressed up to go to the mall. A fitted dress looks best, that looks a little shapeless from the skirt band downwards. Non feedback from those in the mall as well, I would have thought a red dress would turn heads...

Plus some heels wouldn't go amiss :wink:

A skirt can look good when worn casually (see pictures below), it's nice to have a mixture of both :)

1e37e334620bca80bc723b12c25f91d0.jpg

0b0402901e74b219f359f5f920dba7eb.jpg

Edited by SkirtDude
  • Like 1

Jaunt #507, 8/17/2019: So, here we are in August, a.k.a., the dog days of summer, and brother, it sure has been sticky outside all this week, most notably today, but that didn’t stop me from going out on a jaunt, back to back outings to one of my favorite haunts, the King of Prussia Mall. Just like last week when I wore red, I wanted to stand out in the crowd (though no one noticed), so I tried it again, this time, I sported a short sleeved, short hemmed, checkerboard pattern dress from Old Navy which I paired with the Payless “Corey” patent toe flats and a black satchel bag. Was what I sported a tad too fancy for a trip to the mall? Perhaps, but I’ve seen other women who looked fancier than me, so I figured I’d try that to see what, if anything might happen, especially since I like to look my nicest when out and about, after all, it’s important to make that first impression to others around me. And because I’ve devoted myself to wearing dresses which I love, it’s even more crucial I look my very best, and, I have to say, this dress which I’ve had for about a month is pretty darn sharp.

Being a creature of routine, I arrived at the mall shortly after eleven a.m. when the crowds were still filtering in, I made my way to the comic book shop where I chatted with the staff about having visited the Marvel Comics Universe exhibit at the Franklin Institute last Sunday and gushing about how amazing it was, featuring lots of cool stuff from both the comics and the movies. Now, while I was in the food court, I did get a few second glances from kids having a birthday party catered by Chick-Fil-A, but, nothing more than that as I had a slice of pizza and a bottle of water for lunch, but, I didn’t have chicken bacon ranch, decided to change things up a bit by having barbecue chicken instead, and that was just as yummy. An hour and a half into my visit, I got my first compliment while at the candy shop I frequent for sweets like mini gummi bears or chocolate covered pretzels (I had the former), a twentysomething woman who waited on me at the register said she loved my dress, I grinned and thanked her. At Old Navy, I shopped for guy stuff as I needed cargo shorts to tromp around in during those aforementioned dog days of summer, and I found a good deal at $15 bucks a pair, so I picked up two, it’s always good to score on a sale. I also bought a couple of dresses at Primark that caught my eye, and they were discounted to a mere seven bucks apiece, an even better sale.

It should be noted that I saw a goodly number of nice skirts while I was in Primark, but I passed them up without a second thought since I’m all about dresses these days. Heck, I rarely wear the skirts I currently have, why waste money buying stuff I’ll more than likely never wear? Oh, sure, I might break out a skirt every now and then, but those days are increasingly far and few in between when it comes to fashion choices on my outings. More to come....

Jaunt #507, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #507, outfit-1.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Looking great in this dress! Pencil dresses of that length look great on you, Jeff! ♡♡♡

Don't turn your back on skirts just yet. Nice you got a compliment as well. Fitted pencil skirts with matching jackets (skirt suits) would complement your figure, and doesn't have to be considered "dressy" or out of place when shopping at the mall. It would get the right kind of attention too! 

Kids will always look, it's what they do, but give them something nice to look at! ;)

modern-work-outfit-ideas-for-women-this-year41-1.jpg

Edited by SkirtDude
  • Like 1

Looking good jeff! You definitely look better in outfits above the knee.

• Like 2

SkirtDude: I appreciate the suggestions, really I do, but, the simple truth is that the pull of dresses is just to strong for me to resist at present, and I don’t even bother trying anymore. I love the style, the flair, the simplicity, and how they just plain look great on me, and yeah, I feel great when I wear a dress. They’re my future, and I’m not about to restrain that final stage in my evolution as a fashion freestyler.

Mr. X: Thanks for the compliment. It certainly doesn’t hurt to have long legs which work exceptionally well with short hemlines.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JeffB said:

SkirtDude: I appreciate the suggestions, really I do, but, the simple truth is that the pull of dresses is just to strong for me to resist at present, and I don’t even bother trying anymore. I love the style, the flair, the simplicity, and how they just plain look great on me, and yeah, I feel great when I wear a dress. They’re my future, and I’m not about to restrain that final stage in my evolution as a fashion freestyler.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to impede your transition in any way, I was merely suggesting a more balanced ladies' wardrobe... Most girls I've observed wear a mix of skirts / dresses / jeans, though sadly the latter is more common. 

It is interesting watching your progress and I'll just observe the next instalment...

• Like 1

SkirtDude: Oh, yes, I know how important it is to have a varied and diverse wardrobe, I understand that fully, still, when I open my closet and see all the dresses I’ve accumulated, it’s genuinely difficult to reach for anything else, and I have little desire to do so either. I found it interesting you used the word “transition” for what I’ve been doing regarding my evolution as a fashion freestyler, and yeah, it’s as good a word as any. In 2014, I transitioned from jeans to skirts, never once looking back, perhaps in 2020, I’ll make that final move from skirts to dresses, and I'm looking forward to that greatly. I hope you and others will continue to follow me on my journey. Meanwhile....

Jaunt #508, 8/18/2019: How does that old saying go? "If I had a brain, I’d be dangerous". What do I mean by that? Short and sweet, I suffered a considerable brain fart when it came to this outing. You see, my plan for Monday was to visit the Philadelphia Art Museum, a favorite haunt of mine, attired in a colorblock wrap belt dress from Primark, the Payless “Tegan” block heeled sandals and a black handbag. But, it was only after I entered the building, I encountered a person at the desk who told me something I should have already known from my many visits, plus my being a member....the museum was closed on Mondays. All together now....D-OHHH!! I don’t mind admitting I felt plenty foolish for having forgotten that, fortunately, that goof up didn’t cost anything in the way of money since, as a member, the first hour of parking in the garage was free, so, after getting my ticket validated, I returned to my car and left.

Now, I could’ve gone back home and called it a day, but, I had on a cute dress and didn’t want to waste the opportunity to show it off, so, I headed into downtown and, after some twenty minutes or so (parking spaces are tougher to find on weekdays), I corralled a spot, fed the meter and headed to that other favorite haunt, the Rittenhouse Square area. It should also be noted that it was sunny and stupid hot with temps well in the 90’s, but, as is often the case, I felt comfortable in my dress, well, comfortable enough, given the conditions, and that worked for me. It was a tad past noon, so I strolled down streets crowded with people who didn’t give me so much as a glance as I headed to a pizza restaurant/bar across the street from One Liberty Place for lunch, ahhh, but I didn’t have chicken bacon ranch, rather I opted for a slice of barbecue chicken instead, but man, that was darn good. After lunch, I went into OLP and treated myself to a trip up to the building’s popular observation deck, and that’s always an enjoyable time, looking all around me at the sights of downtown and beyond from 57 floors up, on a clear day, and it relatively was, you could see for miles, and I did.

After some forty minutes, I returned to the ground floor, enjoyed a casual walk to the park, the only person who took an active notice of my attire was an elderly black woman who gave me what could best be described as a rather cross look. Oh, well, you can’t please everyone, not that I actively try, I simply wear the clothes I love to the very best of my ability, and have lots of fun in the process. Speaking of which, I don’t wear women’s clothes and shoes, I wear MY clothes and shoes, that’s the mindset I take into my outings, and that’s why I love what I do. More to come....

Jaunt #508, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #508, outfit-2.jpg

you look(ed). very nice in that dress and heels, no "cross"look here...........    sf

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SF said:

you look(ed). very nice in that dress and heels, no "cross"look here...........    sf

Good to know there, my friend. Heh!

Jaunt #509, 8/21/2019: Philadelphia Museum Of Art visit, take two! After Monday’s brain fart, going there when it was closed, I tried it again on Wednesday and voila! The place was open! WHOO-HOO! Exciting! Of course, I had to sport a different ensemble for this outing, that being a sleeveless trapese dress from JCPenney, the Payless “Paige” wedge heeled sandals in black and a black handbag. What attracted me to this dress which I bought about a year ago along with the print pattern was the asymmetrical hem, something I’ve never worn before but was intrigued enough to make the purchase, I just needed an opportunity to take it out on an outing, and this was as good a chance as any. Of course, I wouldn’t have worn this dress if I didn’t think it’d look good on me, and I liked what I saw.

Arriving just after the doors opened at ten, there was a good crowd as I was greeted by staff people who were familiar with me, perhaps because they’ve only seen me there in women’s garb, heck, a lady at the front counter even called me “Miss”, and, to be honest, I don’t mind being referred to with the female pronoun, in fact, I rather like it. The museum had been undergoing renovations for about a year now, and even though some areas were closed off due to new exhibits being assembled, there was still much to see and be fascinated with there, it’s like I see something new each and every time, and that helps keep things fresh and interesting, still, I can never be sure I see everything, and heaven knows I try, I just love wandering through the place to gaze at all the art, to be honest, when I look at art of women in garb from the 18th and 19th centuries, I can't help but wish I could wear dresses like those. Makes me wonder what I’ll see when I go back at the end of the year, perhaps sooner. After little over three hours (time seems to just fly at the museum), I left, but, the day was still young, so guess where I went....yup, downtown and Rittenhouse Square.

But, this time, I did something daring (at least for me anyway), I strolled down Market Street, crowded with people for little over a mile to the legendary Reading Terminal Market, packed with shoppers where I had a late lunch, that being an Italian hoagie with a bottle of water, and it was plenty good. By the by, I wore smudge proof lipstick, and it didn’t budge, despite what I ate. After my late lunch, I casually strolled back to the park, surrounded by scores of people, and, yes, my friends, I didn’t get so much as a glance, which was plenty cool because it meant I was either accepted for my presentation as a middle aged woman with a very close haircut, or no one gave a damn about a middle aged man in a dress, heels and lipstick. I suspect it was more the latter than the former. Didn’t matter, that was so much FUN! All in all, a most satisfying outing, one which, after my stroll to Reading Terminal, gives me ideas for something I’d like to do in the future. More to come....

Jaunt #509, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #509, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #509, outfit-3.jpg

Jaunt #509, outfit-4.jpeg

Jaunt #509, outfit-5.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Jaunt #510, 8/22/2019: If I’ve said this once, I’ve said it a hundred or so times, every outing I undertake is a brand new experience, an opportunity to push the envelope in regard to what I wear and how I look in the clothes I choose to wear, and this experiment involves something new and previously unnerving to me....a low neckline. You’d think that after all these years, I wouldn’t be afraid to wear just about anything in public, from five inch heeled thigh boots, a mere 15 inch miniskirt to a flaming red dress, and yet, I was scared silly to go near any sort of top with a plunging neckline. The rationale behind that particular fear makes absolutely no sense since I don’t have breasts, so why should I care if I wear something that shows off what passages for cleavage? Still, the worry was there, at least until recently when I bought something I’ve never had in my wardrobe before, camisoles (two for eight bucks at Sears, I bought four), I found them cute and, yeah, they had low necklines which concerned me, but, I went ahead and wore one in white with a navy, floral print chiffon midiskirt and the Payless “Parsley” sandals in white.

As you can see in the pictures below, the neckline on the camisole plunged considerably, more than I was used to, but, much to my surprise, I found that I liked the look, even without boobs to make my chest, er, stand out. Meanwhile, this outing made the first time I wore a skirt in two months, hard to believe it's been that long, thanks to my current passion for dresses and it helped complete the outfit I put together with flat sandals which are an absolute joy to wear, something I wouldn’t have said five years ago. Again, I’m all about the complete outfit, not just the shoes. My destination was South Jersey and Cherry Hill Mall where I paid my JCPenney bill, then went and bought a new dress that caught my eye because it had a Bohemian sort of flair that appealed to me, that was followed by lunch in the food court where I went with a salad from Saladworks along with a bottle of water. After lunch, I casually wandered through the mall where I passed lots of shoppers, a little voice in my head wondered if anyone would take notice of the camisole and the deep neckline, I suppose that had been the concern I had about wearing one in public, however, the answer to that question was a big, fat NO. Surprise, right? More proof of how we as heelers or fashion freestylers come up with nonexistent fears that paralyze us but end never being realized. I wound up spending about an hour there, didn’t buy much else, but it was still enjoyable.

I then drove to Moorestown Mall and my favorite multiplex where I saw The Kitchen, a period crime drama staring Melissa McCarthy who should stick to comedy because, to be honest, this movie was barely okay, and that’s being kind. After the movie, I strolled through the mall, walking past the shuttered Payless store and felt a twinge of sadness since I had been such a loyal customer of the the chain for many years, I mean, heck, I can’t just go anywhere to find women’s shoes in size 13. The important part about the outing was displaying my low neckline and man cleavage in a cami, and the planet wasn’t knocked off its axis as a result. Pretty darn cool, and FUN, if I do say so myself. I’ll have to do that again soon. More to come....

Jaunt #510, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #510, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #510, outfit-3.jpeg

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 2

Well done Jeff :-) 

• Like 1

Jeff....   I like those Paige wedgie sandals.  Nice looking and comfy too. Before Payless went under (I miss ‘em too) I went and bought a second pair...   Nice dress as well....   Have fun....  sf

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SF said:

Jeff....   I like those Paige wedgie sandals.  Nice looking and comfy too. Before Payless went under (I miss ‘em too) I went and bought a second pair...   Nice dress as well....   Have fun....  sf

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, losing Payless was a huge blow, epsecially to men like myself who need heels in size 13. But, I think I can manage to find the shoes I need at other places.

Jeff, You ever try shopping at Marmi Shoes??  There is one at the King of Prussia Mall.  I have shopped Marmi for several years and have several pairs.  Most of their shoes go to gals size 13.  The shoes are a bit pricy, but great quality.  The staff in the stores are great, very kind and helpful, at least that has been my experience out here in the west.  

Let me know what you think....   

Marmi Shoes

King of Prussia, PA - The Court at King of Prussia

344 Mall Boulevard, 19406, King of Prussia

Have fun.....  sf

• Like 1

Most interesting. I’ve seen the Marmi store at King of Prussia, but I didn’t know they offered shoes in size 13. I might have to investigate the next time I’m there. Thanks for the information!

Jeff, you look nice in all those dresses, the cami and skirt is cute, though I think a midi pencil skirt would have really suited your figure more! 

Surprising no one pays any attention, unless you have learned to tune out any negativity. I didn't want you to force to stay with skirts, but I think it's just a more balanced wardrobe with both skirts and dresses, but the choice is yours. 

Mark, pictured below wears skirts and skirt suits, but not dresses, so I guess we all have our preferences. Looking forward to seeing your next sartorial gem ;)

e84bc826dd68ad63e9aaef8c0139827a.jpg

• Like 1

Jaunt #511, 8/25/2019: I’ve arrived at the conclusion that pushing the envelope as a fashion freestyler is a hell of a lot of fun, whether it comes to what I wear, or where I choose to go on an outing, and on this occasion, it was all about the latter. A few days ago after a visit to the Philadelphia Art Museum, I swung downtown and, on the spur of the moment, strolled from Rittenhouse Square to Reading Terminal Market, nearly a mile, on foot, amidst crowds of people on a weekday afternoon, and no one paid me any attention, something I found pleasantly surprising, and that gave me an idea to expand my horizons on a future outing.

And so, garbed in an H&M black jersey dress, the Payless “Noble” flat sandals in black and a handbag to match, I conducted that envelope pushing. The dress is similar to ones I’ve worn in red and pale blue, I like this style a lot for it’s simple and casual flair that can be worn pretty much anywhere, as for the shoes, several years ago, you couldn’t pay me to wear sandals of any kind, especially flats, today, I love them to pieces, most notably flats, and the Nobles are both stylish and comfortable, something that would come in handy on this outing. I parked in a lot on 21st and Market that offered 12 hours worth of time for 12 bucks and headed east at a slow, leisurely pace because I had time to kill, first stop was Rittenhouse Square Park where, after finding a bench, I got in an hour’s worth of reading on my Kindle, then I meandered to One Liberty Place where I had a salad at Saladworks, leaving OLP, I crossed over to Market and strolled eastward, past City Hall, past Hard Rock Cafe, to Independence Hall and to Old City, stopping at 2nd Street, well over two miles. It was sunny, breezy and pleasant, and the streets were crowded with people, especially in the area around Independence Hall which was packed with sightseers, and, yes, no one gave me so much as a glance during the entire lengthy stroll, so, just for fun, after taking a twenty minute break on a bench, I walked up Walnut Street back to  the lot where my car was. Nineteen blocks down, nineteen blocks back. In a dress. Amidst throngs of people.

Was that a lot of walking? You betcha, but I love walking, it’s good exercise, and I wore comfy shoes, so it was a total breeze, not to mention a whole lot of fun, moreso than I expected. That made the experience all the more enjoyable, because no one gave a damn about a middle aged man parading about in a dress. Pretty cool. Needless to say, I’ll have to do that again, and soon. More to come....

Jaunt #511, outfit-4.jpeg

Jaunt #511, outfit-3.jpeg

Jaunt #511, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #511, outfit-1.jpg

• Like 1

Jeff 

That is an awesome walk and no one said a word.  Great outfit! I have found that too in Chicago, no one says anything except for the occasional “nice shoes “. 

CAT

• Like 1

Weel done Jeff!  Lookin good as usual!

• Like 1

Yes, you should do this sort of thing more often, especially when the weather is nice, which where I live, is approximately five days per year. Walking in those sandals is really not all that bad, is it?

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 9:22 AM, CAT said:

Jeff 

That is an awesome walk and no one said a word.  Great outfit! I have found that too in Chicago, no one says anything except for the occasional “nice shoes “. 

CAT

I guess what we do is no big deal after all.

On 8/26/2019 at 9:42 PM, Mr. X said:

Weel done Jeff!  Lookin good as usual!

Many thanks, Mr. X!

22 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Yes, you should do this sort of thing more often, especially when the weather is nice, which where I live, is approximately five days per year. Walking in those sandals is really not all that bad, is it?

Oh, I most certainly intend to do so! That was a lot of fun!

Jaunt #512, 8/27/2019: It seems that the more I push the envelope on my outings, the more nothing spectacular or even interesting happens. This day was a case of incorporating a particular, but important task into a jaunt, that being my annual eye exam as I decided to dress up for the occasion, the outfit being a sleeveless, black crepe blouse, a black print chiffon skirt, the Payless “Trance” wedge heeled sandals and a black handbag. This was something I decided to do the day before, my rationale being to see just what would happen if I showed up at the optometrist in women’s wear. You see, the eye doctor and the staff were familiar with me since I was there for an exam last year around this time, but I wore BORING men’s clothes then. This time would be considerably different.

The appointment at the office in the Sears store at Moorestown Mall was for 2 pm, I arrived a little after one, giving me time for a late lunch (a salad and a bottle of water), enjoyed reading the newspaper before going to the eye doctor. The receptionist gave me a smile when she saw me, called me by name before checking me in, ten minutes later, the doctor arrived, shook my hand and ushered me into the examination room. For anyone and everyone who’s taken eye exams, I won’t bore you with the particulars, but the results were that my right eye was a tad weaker than my left, astigmatism she said, which meant a new prescription and new frames to go along with same, she also put those drops in my eyes to check for overall health, and I came through that with flying colors. The whole time, the doctor and her staff treated me with the utmost respect and courtesy as a valued customer, nary a word or add look about my attire, as if that would have actually happened, but I guess I looked for a bogeyman that didn’t exist, and, upon further review, I felt foolish because I did. Still, it made for a good experience.

Back in the car, I returned to Philly, though it took a little while because of afternoon rush hour traffic, however, it was only four p.m., way too early to return home, so, you can guess where I went, yep, Rittenhouse Square Park. At that time of day, the sidewalks were choked with people headed home from work, and I blended perfectly into the surroundings as I strolled down Market Street to the Reading Terminal to treat myself to some mini gummi bears from one of several candy shops there, like on Sunday, no one gave me so much as a glance, I guess it’s true that a middle aged man in a skirt and heels is no big deal to the populace because I came and went as I pleased with no trouble whatsoever, and that pleases me considerably because it validates the hard work to present a proper image as a fashion freestyler. More to come....

Jaunt #512, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #512, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #512, outfit-3.jpeg

40 minutes ago, JeffB said:

For anyone and everyone who’s taken eye exams, I won’t bore you with the particulars, but the results were that my right eye was a tad weaker than my left, astigmatism she said, which meant a new prescription and new frames to go along with same, she also put those drops in my eyes to check for overall health, and I came through that with flying colors. The whole time, the doctor and her staff treated me with the utmost respect and courtesy as a valued customer, nary a word or add look about my attire, as if that would have actually happened, but I guess I looked for a bogeyman that didn’t exist, and, upon further review, I felt foolish because I did. Still, it made for a good experience.

I've never had a truly bad experience at a medical exam of any sort wearing what I do, but my eye doctor did ask me one time if I was transitioning. Of course, I have known the guy figuratively forever, as our fathers were colleagues at the local college, so that may not really count. This question came as the whole Jenner family thing was breaking "news," and he didn't mean anything bad by it. He hasn't said a word about it since, and that's been how many years ago?

Then there was the chiropractor, who said very matter-of-factly, without any malice in his voice or in his face, that I shouldn't wear such shoes. I'm sure he feels that it's his job to tell people that, and I'm sure he would have told a woman who showed up to his office in 5 inch heels the exact same thing in the exact same way.

I'm glad you had a good experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I've never had a truly bad experience at a medical exam of any sort wearing what I do, but my eye doctor did ask me one time if I was transitioning. Of course, I have known the guy figuratively forever, as our fathers were colleagues at the local college, so that may not really count. This question came as the whole Jenner family thing was breaking "news," and he didn't mean anything bad by it. He hasn't said a word about it since, and that's been how many years ago?

Then there was the chiropractor, who said very matter-of-factly, without any malice in his voice or in his face, that I shouldn't wear such shoes. I'm sure he feels that it's his job to tell people that, and I'm sure he would have told a woman who showed up to his office in 5 inch heels the exact same thing in the exact same way.

I'm glad you had a good experience.

Yes, it was enjoyable and rewarding at the same time. I’m glad I took the plunge yesterday.