JeffB

The Jaunts of JeffB!

On 5/19/2019 at 11:58 AM, Mr. X said:

Another successful outing. Well done!

Thanks much!

6 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Thanks for contributing the time + labor to share!

The pleasure was all mine. I enjoy displaying outfits that make me look my best on my adventures for all to see.

Posted (edited)

Jaunt #499, 5/25/2019: So, here we are at Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start of the summer season. And, with that in mind, it was time to break out the white shoes, namely, the Payless “Bree” flats which I had bought a couple of weeks ago. Even though the chain is in the process of going out of business, they’re still selling shoes, doing so at discounts as high as 40 percent, as for why I chose those shoes, they caught my eye and I found them to have been cute, and, at $15 bucks, they were worth investing in, heck, because they were so cheap, I bought a pair in black. This is all part of my ongoing evolution as a fashion freestyler that I chose to buy flats instead of heels because I liked them, plain and simple, that’s just who I am when it comes to footwear these days, and I like that, a lot.

Oh, yeah, as for what I wore with those cute shoes that were supremely comfortable and easy to wear, I sported a turquoise tank dress I bought from Sears, nothing too terribly fancy, it was both simple in design but stylish at the same time, and, more importantly, it looked good on me, and that’s why I wore it, because when it comes to wearing dresses, which I flat out love, by the way, it absolutely HAS to hit the bullseye, and, as you can see from the pictures below, I happen to believe it did. All told, it was nice and casual outfit that was tailor made for a Saturday, my first stop was over the bridge into South Jersey and Moorestown Mall where I had a light lunch of salad with a bottle of water, then I went to see Brightburn, which could be best described as "superhero horror" in a which a child arrives on Earth from another planet with Superman's power but Hannibal Lecter's hunger for violence. Scary stuff to say the least. Afterward, I wandered into Sears where I bought a couple of nice skirts and a somewhat daring dress that I’ll show off on a future outing. From there, I swung by the Cherry Hill Mall which is always packed on a Saturday, at JCPenney, I found a rather interesting dress that drew my attention, so I went ahead and picked it up, just wait until you see what I found.

Sure, I'm still wearing skirts, my go to garment as a freestyler for years now, but dresses are clearly my future. I love how they look on me, and, more importantly, I love how I feel when I wear dresses, making for a personally enriching experience. More to come, including my 500th jaunt....

Jaunt #499, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #499, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #499, outfit-3.JPG

shoes-bree.jpg

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

awesome !!!

I reckon white shoes are so spectacular ! And you've paired it up so well with other white/silver accessories.

Well done JeffB !!

• Like 1

Jaunt 500, wow!  That's quite an accomplishment over the years.  Congratulations on nearing a personal milestone.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

awesome !!!

I reckon white shoes are so spectacular ! And you've paired it up so well with other white/silver accessories.

Well done JeffB !!

Thanks, nz! I take every aspect of my freestyling seriously, and that includes accessories. I studied up and arrived at the conclusion that silver paired better with my turquoise dress than gold which looks great with black or red. Speaking of accessories, I’m thinking of pairing a gold wrist watch with gold jewelry and a silver watch with silver jewelry. 

18 minutes ago, kneehighs said:

Jaunt 500, wow!  That's quite an accomplishment over the years.  Congratulations on nearing a personal milestone.  

Thanks! I honestly never thought I’d get this far, and if I were just wearing heels like I had when I first started out eleven years ago, I would’ve gotten bored and stopped long ago. Adding skirts, dresses and other items of clothing from the women’s side of the store has kept things fresh and fun for me. And I’m glad people here have appreciated what I’ve done in this thread over the years.

• Like 2

Well done!  Can't wait to read about number 500.

• Like 1

My GOSH!   500 Outings.  And I still admire you for showing up at your work place wearing those spiffy high heel pumps.....years ago.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Well done!  Can't wait to read about number 500.

I’ve got a special dress I’ve been sitting on for well over a year for that special occasion.

1 hour ago, Bubba136 said:

My GOSH!   500 Outings.  And I still admire you for showing up at your work place wearing those spiffy high heel pumps.....years ago.

To this day, I remain amazed I was actually able to get away with that. Quite the experience.

hi Jeffb i was a new comer when you were posting about wearing your heels to work i wasn't sure it was true , but as i now know you are a high heel trail blazer and i have gained 

confidence due to your early posts and gone on to fullfill alot of my heeling / freestyling dreams and now feel very relaxed when dressed as i wish , unfortunatly for me 

my emoloyment dosen't allow me to wear what i want all the time   but we do what we can don't we  

congratulations 500 posts    Malinheels  :wavey:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, malinheels said:

hi Jeffb i was a new comer when you were posting about wearing your heels to work i wasn't sure it was true , but as i now know you are a high heel trail blazer and i have gained 

confidence due to your early posts and gone on to fullfill alot of my heeling / freestyling dreams and now feel very relaxed when dressed as i wish , unfortunatly for me 

my emoloyment dosen't allow me to wear what i want all the time   but we do what we can don't we  

congratulations 500 posts    Malinheels  :wavey:

Thanks for the kind words. I’m glad that my exploits gave you the courage to venture out on your own journey as a heeler/freestyler. We can only do what we do, but the important thing is to do that to the very best of your ability.

Jaunt #500, 6/9/2019: When I began this thread in the latter half of 2008, I honestly had zero idea where it would lead, or even how long I’d be doing it, in short, I ran this thing up the proverbial flagpole to see who, if anyone would salute. But, I’m happy to say a great people here did indeed salute over the years, something that pleased me then, and pleases me today. As I’ve said here more times than I can count, I had undergone an evolution over the years I’ve been regaling everyone with my adventures, going from a mere heeler who, at the time, had been perfectly content to wear heels with men’s clothing to a full fledged fashion freestyler who proudly wears women’s clothing and accessories from head to toe on my jaunts. And, as I’ve also said, if I stuck with just wearing heels, I would’ve gotten bored and quit long ago, I have no doubt about that, but, by trading jeans for skirts and dresses and other female garb, a whole new world opened to me, exposing me to the wonders of freestyling, and I’ve loved every last minute of the experience which has enriched my life, leading up to this, my 500th outing.

The timing for this special outing was by no means an accident. You see, it was on June 5, 2011 that I wore my first dress in public on my 100th jaunt, a sleeveless black sheath which I paired with a steel gray blazer and and black spike heeled patent pumps. I remember having been more than a tad nervous at the time, having no idea what to expect, but, being I was already an old hand at skirt wearing, that first time in a dress wasn’t as terrifying as I imagined to have been, on the contrary, it felt damn good and I enjoyed myself, little did I know that first time would lead to one of my most important paradigm shifts as a freestyler. Eight years and four days later, I trotted out in a dress for that 500th outing, there was nothing else I wanted to wear on this special occasion, nothing else that would suffice, however, since I wore black in 2011, I decided to go the other way in terms of color, that being a white, polka dot camidress from Old Navy which I paired with new shoes from Payless, the “Paige” sandals with 2 1/2 inch wedge heels and a matching handbag. Now, the last time I sported a camidress, I wore a denim jacket over it as I was unsure about baring my shoulders, chest and back in such a revealing garment, but on this outing, I said ‘screw it!’ and did just that, proudly to boot! As for the shoes, I took advantage to Payless’s going out of business sale to buy the Paige sandals half off for $18 bucks, admittedly, it was an impulse buy, but I found those shoes to have been really cute, so much that I bought a pair in black. I’ll wear them on a future outing.

As for where I went, that place was the Philadelphia Museum of Art, my favorite place to soak up culture by the boatload, the weather was sunny and warm and a tad breezy, perfect conditions for a spring outing. There was a fair sized crowd in the museum when I arrived and, as a member, I was greeted warmly upon my arrival, but no one, neither museum personnel or visitors noticed my attire as I took in two exhibits, one on Japanese woodblock printing from the 18th century and impressionist art, both of which were utterly fascinating, however, I was noticed little over an hour into my visit as a couple of twentysomething women passed me by in the Modern Art area, both grinned and one of them said, “Cute dress!”, I grinned and thanked her, as always, it’s great to get compliments, especially from women who pay attention to fashion, regardless of what kind....or which gender wears it, sure, they saw a man in a dress, but that didn’t stop them from liking what they saw, and that’s the important thing, and why I obsess over looking my very best on my outings. Nearly four hours later, having seen as much as I could (but, as usual, not everything), I left the museum and headed into Center City, it took some twenty minutes to find a parking spot, but once I had, I hopped out, fed the meter and strolled two blocks to Rittenhouse Square Park, more crowded than usual because of an outdoor fair where art and sculptures were being displayed and sold, the park was packed to gills with onlookers, no, I didn’t buy anything, couldn’t afford any of that stuff.

Having finished my gawking, I found a bench and sat down to get in some reading on my Kindle, half an hour in, a woman in her thirties walked by, gave me a smile and whispered, “Love your dress!”, I smiled back, gave her a wave and thanked her. After an hour of reading, I packed up and casually strolled down crowded streets to One Liberty Place where I relaxed with a cup of iced tea from Saxbys, simple as that, no one gave me so much as a second glance, short and sweet, I had a great time, perhaps my best time yet in a dress because it felt so good to wear it. Meanwhile, my evolution continues as dresses are now first and foremost in my personal pecking order, while I’m not giving up my skirts, they’re no longer my go to garment, dresses have come to mean a great deal to me and I plan to wear them as much and as often as I can, because I love them. What a long, but not strange trip it’s been for me, sharing all my adventures with everyone as I evolved from mere heeler to fashion freestyler, and there’s no going back to me, not that I want to, I’m having way too much fun! More to come, including.... THE NUMBERS!

Jaunt #500, outfit-1.JPG

Jaunt #500, outfit-2.JPG

Jaunt #500, outfit-3.JPG

shoes-paige.jpg

• Like 3

I was just thinking to myself when you were going to write about your 500th Jaunt.  Congratulations!

• Like 1

Very nice JeffB. Congratulations on your 500th jaunt. I don't keep track of mine, but I'm out in heels and some sort of women's attire several time a week. I wish I had time to post those events, with pics too, but I'm just too busy to do that. I just enjoy being a fashion forward male!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kneehighs said:

I was just thinking to myself when you were going to write about your 500th Jaunt.  Congratulations!

Yeah, I had been a tad busy, but hey, better late than never! Heh!

3 hours ago, bluejay said:

Very nice JeffB. Congratulations on your 500th jaunt. I don't keep track of mine, but I'm out in heels and some sort of women's attire several time a week. I wish I had time to post those events, with pics too, but I'm just too busy to do that. I just enjoy being a fashion forward male!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I guess my habit for being a tad anal explains my passion for keeping track of my outings, and besides, it's something I enjoy. Speaking of which, here's THE NUMBERS:

JAUNTS BY YEAR

2008: 10
2009: 42
2010: 28
2011: 61
2012: 34
2013: 33
2014: 45
2015: 46
2016: 53
2017: 65
2018: 64
2019: 19 (and counting)

CLOTHING

Skirts: 354 (above knee-231, below knee-88, at knee-35)
Jeans: 63 (tucked in boots-39, untucked-24)
Dresses: 53
Leggings: 16
Skorts: 9
Capris: 4
Pants: 1

FOOTWEAR

Payless shoes: 339
Other shoes: 161

Boots: 192 (knee high-78, ankle high-65, thigh high-48, OTK-1)
Pumps: 107
Sandals: 87
Loafers: 52
Slides: 33
Flats: 27
Sneakers: 1
Mules: 1

PERCENTAGES

Skirts: 70.8
Jeans: 12.6
Dresses: 10.6
Leggings: 3.2
Skorts: 1.8
Capris: 0.8
Pants: 0.2

Boots: 38.4
Pumps: 21.4
Sandals: 17.4
Loafers: 10.4
Slides: 6.6
Flats: 5.4
Sneakers: 0.2
Mules: 0.2

Well done @JeffB. That's a nice outfit to celebrate the feat!

I was interested in your stats - although boots (especially knee high and up) are at such a high percentage, I don't recall you wearing many at all over the couple of years I have been around, save for a pair here or there. is my impression wrong? Either way - hopefully the winter will be back soon enough for you to sport them again! 

Congratulations on reaching 500 Jeff! Now on to 1000!

Jeff....I like your outfit, the bright colors look very spring like!!  Love the sandals as well.  I also have a pair of the Paige wedgies from Payless.  I really like the simple ankle strap look that is popular now.  I got my first pair of Paige sandals a few years ago, and immediately wished I had gotten a second pair.  When Payless brought them back this year I found another pair, at the going out of business price.  Gonna miss Payless.  

I wear my sandals as a guy, but would someday like to try the dress thing in public.  It looks like it would be fun, but I not sure I could pull it off successfully.  

Enjoy your Paige sandals, I do....  Here's a pic of mine...  Take care...  sf

IMG_5990.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Well done @JeffB. That's a nice outfit to celebrate the feat!

I was interested in your stats - although boots (especially knee high and up) are at such a high percentage, I don't recall you wearing many at all over the couple of years I have been around, save for a pair here or there. is my impression wrong? Either way - hopefully the winter will be back soon enough for you to sport them again! 

You would be correct. Early on, I was all about knee boots and thigh highs, the latter I wore a lot with tight jeans, and back then, I wasn’t a fan of ankle boots. However, over the last few years, that dynamic shifted the other way as I came to like ankle boots a lot while the knee highs get little play on outings. Perhaps I’ll break them out come fall. As for the numbers, I fully expect dresses to overtake jeans before the year ends, heck, maybe before summer ends!

8 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Congratulations on reaching 500 Jeff! Now on to 1000!

1000, eh? I’ll see what I can do!

6 hours ago, SF said:

Jeff....I like your outfit, the bright colors look very spring like!!  Love the sandals as well.  I also have a pair of the Paige wedgies from Payless.  I really like the simple ankle strap look that is popular now.  I got my first pair of Paige sandals a few years ago, and immediately wished I had gotten a second pair.  When Payless brought them back this year I found another pair, at the going out of business price.  Gonna miss Payless.  

I wear my sandals as a guy, but would someday like to try the dress thing in public.  It looks like it would be fun, but I not sure I could pull it off successfully.  

Enjoy your Paige sandals, I do....  Here's a pic of mine...  Take care...  sf

IMG_5990.jpg

The Paige sandals were something of an impulse buy as I was attracted to them because they were cute. I’m glad I took the plunge since I enjoyed wearing them yesterday. As for wearing a dress or skirt, I’ve said this before, and it bears repeating: it’s not for everyone, but, if you feel you can pull it off, then, by all means, go for it!

Edited by JeffB

On 6/9/2019 at 9:46 PM, JeffB said:

I had a great time, perhaps my best time yet in a dress because it felt so good to wear it. Meanwhile, my evolution continues as dresses are now first and foremost in my personal pecking order, while I’m not giving up my skirts, they’re no longer my go to garment, dresses have come to mean a great deal to me and I plan to wear them as much and as often as I can, because I love them

Speaking of dresses, did you see the Saint Laurent Spring 2020 Menswear collection yet?  You might find some of the outfits interesting.  Luxury fashion is definitely in an era of gender fluidity.

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2020-menswear/saint-laurent/slideshow/collection#37

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 11.14.28 AM.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Speaking of dresses, did you see the Saint Laurent Spring 2020 Menswear collection yet?  You might find some of the outfits interesting.  Luxury fashion is definitely in an era of gender fluidity.

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2020-menswear/saint-laurent/slideshow/collection#37

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 11.14.28 AM.jpg

You were right! Those fashions definitely were highly interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Posted (edited)

Jaunt #501, 6/15/2019: Nearly a week removed from my triumphant 500th jaunt (hard to believe), I was right back at it on a sunny and slightly sticky Saturday, my destination for the day being the King of Prussia Mall, decked out in a black print tank style dress from H & M, a black hobo bag and new shoes from Payless, the “Corey” flats. What attracted me to these shoes as you can see HERE were the patent toe cap (with ornament) and back, something I found to have been seriously cute and just HAD to have, and, of course, being flats, they were comfortable and easy to wear. Regarding the dress, I’ve gotten quite used to wearing sleeveless styles for spring and summer like tanks and camis, and this one was nice to wear, even with a somewhat low neckline, and that’s fine by me too. Of late, H & M, Old Navy and Primark have been my go to stores for dresses along with offerings from Sears and JCPenney, and I have lots more to display during the season.

After parking in the garage, I entered the mall along with a husband and wife who pushed a stroller with a young girl, maybe two or three and she looked up at me in what appeared to be awe before we went our separate ways. Needless to say I found that to have been mildly amusing. At the food court, I treated myself to a slice of pizza, something I do maybe once every other week or so, I recently found a new delicacy that I consider to be absolutely amazing, that being chicken bacon ranch, and the taste was downright amazing, and that’s no lie! It’s a good thing I have discipline, or I would’ve had two slices! Of course, I did some shopping as well while at the mall, and yes, that included buying a couple new dresses, a short sleeved sheath for $19.99 at Old Navy and a jersey dress similar in style to what I wore from H & M for a meager $12.99. Who says you have to pay through the nose to obtain nice clothes, and I’m not ashamed to save some coin on the clothes I enjoy wearing, I mean, sales are awesome! Hopefully, you’ll see both before summer ends.

Leaving the mall, I swung by Best Buy to purchase a new UPS (universal power supply) for the computer set-up in my little home office as my previous one suddenly died on me that morning. Most annoying. While at the register, a young man called me Miss, that got a grin out of me and, staying with the joviality of the moment, I didn’t bother correcting him. The more I wear dresses, the more natural it feels to me, and the more I enjoy it, plain and simple, which is why I’ll eventually gravitate to dresses full time on my outings, and I'm growing increasingly eager to make that change. More to come....

Jaunt #501, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #501, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #501, outfit-3.JPG

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

Jaunt #502, 6/16/2019: Contrary to my words of Saturday, I still love wearing skirts. They were my gateway drug to the passion that’s fashion freestyling, and I can still rock them to the nines and create a smashing outfit, as was the case today as I sported a sleeveless white blouse with lace trim from H & M, a turquoise print pleated midiskirt from JCPenney, the Payless “Paige” wedge heeled sandals and my white handbag. Because it was Sunday, I wanted to dress up and look pretty, well, as pretty as a middle aged man in a blouse, skirt and heels could look, and, I felt I pulled it off quite nicely, so I headed for downtown and my regular haunts at Rittenhouse Square Park, after cruising the area for some twenty minutes, I found a spot, pumped two hours worth of cash into the meter and headed out to be seen.

There was a nice breeze blowing, causing the long but light skirt to flutter like the proverbial flag, and I found that to have been a good feeling. I took a slow, leisurely stroll down always crowded streets to One Liberty Place where I went up to the observation deck, something I hadn’t done since winter and was always a good time, and was a good time today. Even though the skies weren’t blue, what with nasty weather in the offing, the views of the city, north, south, east and west were as tremendous as ever, to anyone who visits my town, I strongly recommend seeing the sights from way up high, it’s an amazing experience. One of these days, I’ll take pics to show off for everyone. After about an hour, I headed back down to the ground floor, partook of some iced tea from Saxbys, then headed up the street to the park, while passing diners enjoying a late lunch outside a restaurant, two twentysomething women took notice of me, both smiled and one said, “That’s a pretty skirt”, I grinned back and thanked her. In the park, I found a bench and relaxed with the book I was reading on my Kindle, after half an hour in, a thirtysomething woman enjoying a jog grinned and gave me a thumbs up in passing, I find it highly gratifying when women appreciate me on my appearance and let me know about it, validation of all the hard work I put into making sure I look my best.

I could’ve stayed downtown longer than I had, but was leery about that aforementioned stormy weather that was on the way for the region, so when my two hours were up, I returned to my car and headed home after another enjoyable outing. More to come....

Jaunt #502, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #502, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #502, outfit-3.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 4:37 AM, JeffB said:

Jaunt #501, 6/15/2019:

Leaving the mall, I swung by Best Buy to purchase a new UPS (universal power supply) for the computer set-up in my little home office as my previous one suddenly died on me that morning.

I have been debating on whether to say anything, but for professional reasons (I just installed one that is bigger than the average person's living room), I feel compelled to point out that UPS, other than being a shipper that often brings me new shoes, stands for Uninterruptible Power Supply. Because we have to make sure that all those cat videos on social media aren't interrupted. Congratulations on passing 500, by the way!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

I have been debating on whether to say anything, but for professional reasons (I just installed one that is bigger than the average person's living room), I feel compelled to point out that UPS, other than being a shipper that often brings me new shoes, stands for Uninterruptible Power Supply. Because we have to make sure that all those cat videos on social media aren't interrupted. Congratulations on passing 500, by the way!

Many thanks for setting the record straight on what UPS stands for. And yes, can’t have anything disrupt those cat videos!  :giggle:

On 6/17/2019 at 5:14 AM, JeffB said:

so I headed for downtown and my regular haunts at Rittenhouse Square Park

Ahhh!  I love, love reading about your visits to Rittenhouse Square!  Let me know when you sink your teeth into the food at PARC.  I'm sure staff and clientelle will be highly receptive to your sense of style.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Jaunt #503, 6/22/2019: When I started integrating dresses into my fashion repertoire, I knew early on that I’d need three different styles to wear on my adventures: casual for day to day outings; casual dressy for semi-formal outings; and dressy for occasions when I long to look fancy and otherwise show off. As I’ve come to love dresses, I understood I’d need to tailor what I wore to the surroundings I happened to be in, just like when I wear skirts. Today was a purely casual outing under blue skies, sunshine and warm temperatures around 84 on the first full day of summer as I sported an H & M white and black striped tank dress, the Payless “Bree” flats in black and a black handbag. I’ve noted that of late, I’ve come to favor tank, cami and sleeveless styles for spring and summer, and the one I wore today was supremely comfortable and easy to wear, especially on a warm day like this one, I was nice and cool, and that was a good feeling, ditto for the shoes which were cute and fun, even without heels.

My first stop of the day was to a branch of my bank for some cash, then it was off to the main branch of the Post Office for a money order to take care of an expanse, after taking my care of business, I then enjoyed some pleasure as I drove to Park Casino to spend a few sheckels on the one arm bandits. If I’ve said this once, I’ve said it a hundred times, casinos/slot parlors are an idea place to practice your fashion freestyling as patrons there are often too wrapped in trying to hit it big on one penny slot machines to care about a man wandering about in a dress, and that held true today as I spent little over an hour there, wandering from machine to machine, I managed to win close to seventy bucks on an old standby, Sex in the City, and it was most satisfying to say the least. Leaving there, I drove back into the city and over the bridge to South Jersey and Moorestown Mall where I watched, Anna, a Luc Besson directed action flick that was pretty cool. Of course, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to do some shopping at Sears, and guess what I bought, a dress, two in fact, and just wait until you see what I came home with. At this point in my evolution, it’s becoming all the harder to pass up nice dresses I see and think would look good on me while I ignore skirts which I no longer buy, it’s a passion I’ve come to embrace and truly enjoy.

I spent over six hours out and about, and melded in well with my surroundings because my attire was purely casual, just like all the other women I saw during the course of my travels. Something else I’ve said, if you look tasteful and presentable and not clownish or inappropriate, AND act like what you happen to be wearing is no big deal, you’ll be accepted for your appearance, or ignored by people too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to give a fashion freestyler like me the time of day, and that’s a good thing too. More to come....

Jaunt #503, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #503, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #503, outfit-3.JPG

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

Mostly the only people that notice are young kids. I had a little girls notice my wedges yesterday and she could take her eyes off them. I had shorts on so it wasn't hard to see.

• Like 1

Jaunt #504, 7/6/2019: When it comes to planning my little adventures, more goes into them than just deciding what to wear, I also have to take into consideration where I travel and the weather on that given day. Case in point: with the region socked in by a heat wave featuring abundant sunshine and temperatures in the low 90’s with onerous humidity which made it feel a good deal hotter and just plain miserable. With that in mind, wearing black would be a dreadful mistake because it absorbs heat and would be generally uncomfortable, so, I opted for a powder blue jersey dress with a cinched waist from H & M (I have one in red and black) which I paired with the Payless “Parsley” sandals in white and a black satchel bag for a trip to the King of Prussia Mall. By the by, I was a tad miffed that I don't have a larger white bag to match my shoes, I'll see about correcting that oversight.

A cute, casual dress for a Saturday outing, the styling with it’s sleeveless design was roomy for comfort and, despite the oppressive heat,  I felt nice and cool as ventured about, throw in the sandals, and the conditions had no effect on me at all, and I liked that a lot. Inside the mall (with it’s air conditioning of course), I chatted about superhero movies for a solid fifteen minutes with the staff at the comic book store, passed by what used to be the Payless store which was now shuttered (a moment of silence please), went to Dick’s Sporting Goods where I bought a rear view mirror to use on my helmet while riding my bicycle, then strolled down to the food court where I treated myself to a slice of chicken bacon ranch pizza (which is damn good) and a bottle of water. The endless joy that comes from my outings is being able to successfully blend in with my surroundings and go ignored, even in a huge shopping mall full of people, it’s like I keep saying, if you dress appropriately for the environment you happen to be in, not stand out or look outlandish, you will be accepted for your appearance, heck, you might even get a compliment like I had as, while on my way to Old Navy, a couple passed by me, and a woman who looked to be about my age smiled and said, “Love your dress!” Of course, I grinned back and thanked her, the woman’s companion, a man said nothing.

As for shopping, I found a great looking red dress at Old Navy that would work very well for fancier outings than the one I was on this day, perhaps the Art Museum or lunch at someplace other than a fast food joint, then, at Primark, I found another dress that would serve the same purpose. I know I’ve probably said this before, but it bears repeating, I’m having a whole lot more fun in dresses than I do in skirts, I feel so good in them, and it shows from how relaxed and at ease I am on my outings, and it’s positively exhilarating. More to come....

Jaunt #504, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #504, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #504, outfit-3.JPG

• Like 3

JeffB update, yay!  Good to see you positively enjoying your outings!  Curious to hear where you wear the red dress at!

Jaunt #505, 7/13/2019: Having devoted myself to wearing dresses, I was curious about how far I could push the envelope, in this instance, it wasn’t about hemline, but, neckline. A couple of years ago, I bought a cute, clingy, sleeveless black dress from JCPenney, while I was intrigued with the style as you can see in the pictures below, I was leery about the neckline with it’s deep plunge, something I wasn’t used to at the time and wondered if I could get away with wearing something like that in public. Well, in the time since I bought that dress, I’ve worn others with low necklines and the world didn’t come to an end, so, I decided to wear this one with the Payless “Noble” flat sandals in black and see what, if anything would happen.

Headed east towards downtown, my first stop was to the main branch of the Post Office to buy a couple of money orders. Walking in, there was a good sized line that was eight deep, so I had to wait, while I waited, four more people filed in behind me, but no one in front of me or behind paid me any attention. I found that kinda sorta surprising. Once I bought my money orders, filled them out and dropped them off, it was back in the car and over the bridge into South Jersey to Moorestown Mall where I first had lunch, a slice of chicken bacon ranch pizza and a bottle of water, both were tasty, then I headed off to the nearby multiplex (LOVE their comfy reclining seats) to watch Crawl, a masterful summertime horror movie that kept me on the edge of my seat. I heartily recommend this flick if you enjoy chills and thrills. After leaving the multiplex, I walked past a goth girl in her early twenties, dressed head to toe in black, even black lipstick with tattoos up and down her arms, she smiled at me and said, “I like your dress!” I smiled back and thanked her. Perhaps she liked it because it was black, your guess is as good as mine, but hey, I never question a compliment when it comes my way.

Back over the bridge in Philly, I swung by Rittenhouse Square Park which was absolutely teeming with people in the mid-afternoon as everyone enjoyed the sunshine and warm weather. Finding a bench in the shade, I took in some reading on my Kindle, and when I wasn’t enjoying my e-book, I took in some people watching, most notably women in dresses, lots of cami/spaghetti strap styles from minis to maxis, and I liked what I saw while imaging how I’d look in clothes similar to what they wore. Oh, and in addition, wearing a dress was imminently more practical as I felt good and cool, even at the height of the heat that day, I was perfectly comfortable. So, my little experiment ended with no one noticing the low neckline on my dress, and that has given me courage and confidence to wear similar styles, and with plenty of summer left, I intend to do just that. More to come....

Jaunt #505, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #505, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #505, outfit-3.JPG

• Like 3