The Happy Feats of HappyFeat

HappyFeat

Thursday - I wore a white dress shirt, black to the knee Lane Bryant skirt, HUE black fish net nylons, and my Nine West "Aleena" peep toe d'Orsays. It was nice to get out in a skirt again however.

And again, to quote the game show, It's Door #4!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great look!!!

It's all about the heel!

All of your outfit's from you last couple outing's look great! I really like the skirt outfit you put together. Do you get a lot of comment's from women when you wear a skirt. I know every time I wear skirt out and about I have gotten a few comment's from some female's not much though. Once again you find a way to be able to dress how you want ans still be a man!

Two thumbs up for pic number four! You don't see fishnets much these days, and you wore them well with your skirt outfit. Very stylish, very tasteful, very well done, my friend! Bravo to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It seems that most of you guys like the skirt outfits! Thanks for the input, I agree that I do a skirt pretty well and love wearing them. In the future I may do it more in more public places than just going out to a bar or a club. Actually, since they closed the place I used to do karoke, the whole bar scene is getting a bit old. I liked that place simply because I knew so many people - it was a bit like Cheers, only if Cheers was a dive. I may do a skirt again this week however.

Really nice outings and outfits. I especially like the one with the white pants. I have been looking for a pair of white pants myself. But so far my search has been fruitless.

I think it may be because I was a child of the 80's...I just can get enough white pants. I have 5 or 6 pair of guys white pants and 4 or 5 girl's white pants. What I really need is a white skirt. I can't wait for this fall because I plan on wearing my whit matchstick jeans with boots. Yes, I will wear white after Labor Day (first Monday in September in the US).

Right now would be a tough time to find anything in white, being the end of the season. However, if you do they should be on sale.

I love t-straps.

I do too. Mary Janes tend to be my favorite, but I think T-Straps come in a close second. But then again...I like peep toes, sandals, and on and on and on...but I do need more t-straps.

Style is built from the ground up!

Here are my three latest outings:

Monday - After a very busy weekend, I had some free time Monday morning and went for a late breakfast. I wore tweed jacket (it was a bit chilly), a black dress shirt, Lane Bryant flare jeans, and black Raport "Hudson" platform sandals. Unfortunately, this is the last time I will be wearing these since I lost a heel tip and most of the covering came off the chunky heel. However, they were cheap and were fairly hard on my feet, so maybe its for the best.

I went to breakfast and set in full view of most of the people in the small restaurant. I don't think I drew too much attention except for a few long glances as I walked by. The waitress filled my glass for me a few times and we chatted about the work I was doing on my computer. After breakfast, I went to target to get some large zip lock bags for storing some linens and clothes. I wandered the store for a bit, even looked at shoes, and really don't think I drew too much attention.

Tuesday - My day consisted of an early lunch at Panera, where I took advantage of their free Internet and unlimited iced tea refills. I wore a Tommy Hilfiger oxford shirt that is white with pink and green pinstripes, Lane Bryant denim trousers, and my black Nine West "Aleena" d'Orsay peep toe pumps. Lunch was pretty uneventful, I was mainly editing some photographs and researching some items on eBay. I did get a little attention, but no reactions other than long glances again. At least as much as I noticed. After lunch, I decided to cruise the mall. The women at the cosmetics counter at Macy's all took long looks and smiled as I walked by. I gave them a wink to let them know that I had caught them and it was OK for them to look. While I was out an isolated hail storm hit my neighborhood, so when I got home, I had to walk through about an inch of ice in my peep toes. It was pretty surreal.

Wednesday - It may be a funny way of looking at it, but my last few outings have been OK, but really didn't feel like I was "heeling." I am becoming so accustomed to just wearing heels, I have not made a special effort to really just go out to "heel." I don't know if that makes any sense or not, but I wanted to see if I could recapture the feelings I used to get.

One of the things I used to do more was really put together an outfit that had some pop. By that I mean an outfit on the dressy side that really made me feel great about being a guy in heels. Though the outfit I designed was simple, I really felt great wearing it. I wore a yellow dress shirt, a pair of black Lane Bryant "Houston" dress slacks with a long inseam, off black knee highs, and black Nine West "Glaze" half-d'Orsay sling back pumps. These shoes are very sexy, with a 3 1/2" heel, pointy toe, and show just enough toe cleavage to be interesting. I felt great in this outfit, like it were a style made for a guy in heels.

My first stop was the Dress Barn. I hadn't been there for a while. The clerk who greeted me was an attractive older women. She asked me if I was looking for anything in particular, and I said I was just going to browse. After looking around for a few minutes, I found a green shirt dress and asked her if I could try it. Without hesitation she took me to a dressing room, unlocked it and held the door for me. The dress was a bit too big and the waist was not quite right. When I came out I told her all of that, she looked for a smaller size, but there was none. I complemented her on her wedge sandals. She tole me they were Carlos Santana from the local outlets. We spent about 5 minutes talking about shopping for shoes. It was a very nice interaction.

Next I went to the book store. I just browsed a bit, a couple of women did notice my shoes and stared a lot longer than normal. I flipped through some books for about 15 minutes and left. When I got to my car, the woman parked next to me was pulling out and had parked way too close to my car, so I stood and waited for her to leave. While waiting, a fairly stylish overweight woman was walking in talking on her cell phone. She looked me up an down and puckered as if she was blowing me a kiss! I loved it, and winked at her, but she just kept talking and heading on her way. It was pretty wonderful none the less.

Feeling pretty confident, I decided that I wanted to do something, well big. I stopped at a salon that takes walk-ins for a manicure. There were three young women working and they could get me in. All three noticed my shoes, of course and except of the occasional glance, they non said a word or treated my strangely. I have worn heels to salons before, but for some reason I was feeling differently today. The girl who did my nails and I talked, of course. We talked about her family, what I was up to today, etc. When she mentioned that she met her husband who was working at at shoe store, I did my best to turn the conversation to shoes, but she wouldn't bite. I didn't want to be too pushy because for me it is really cool when I am wearing heels and treated like it is natural. After I paid, I chatted with the girls a bit and went on.

My last stop was at a consignment shop to just browse. There were other customers, who may or may not have seen my heels. I picked out a pair of white Levi's Capri pants that were $4. The owner, an elderly woman, who did see my shoes told me to come back any time I wanted, though she never mentioned my outfit. Today I felt like I put all of my heeling experience to work. It was a very good day.

post-5655-133522889429_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522889434_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522889439_thumb.jpg

Wow! More great pics! My fave is easily number three! Very classy, very stylish! Those slings look terrific on you, HF! bravo, my friend! Bravo!

Here are my latest three outings:

Thursday - I decided to check out a new bar that recently opened in the area that I heard would be friendly to a guy wearing heels. However, Thursday night was not a very busy night. There were only a few people there, none of which I knew. They all took a long look at me, and returned to their conversations. I did set and talk to the bartender about the plans for the place, upcoming events, etc. He didn't seem to care in the least that I was there in heels. My outfit was even a bit over the top for a first time in a new place. I tried a new style I had wanted tot do for a while - Capri pants and slides. Since it was chilly, I wore a black sweater, with my white Capris and black Aldo "Jeannie" slides. I am not sure how it worked, but I was glad to give it a try.

Friday - I had a few errands to run and decided that I should look nice while doing them. I wore a raspberry dress shirt, gray Lane Bryant trousers with wide legs and a nice cuff, black patterned trouser socks, and black Nine West "Appleaday" with a very small stiletto heel. I hit the post office, paid a couple of bills and went for an early lunch. Since my outfit was fairly conservative, I really didn't draw much attention except for one man who stared at me for a long time, which I am hoping was because of my shoes because otherwise he was really creeping me out. The one interesting thing about these shoes is that I slipped off the heel several times on tile floors, which never happens when I wear a higher heel. I just thought that was fascinating.

Saturday - My biggest outing for a long time. I don't get to go out on the weekends very much, since I spend most of my weekend time with family recently, so I decided to take full advantage of my opportunity. I wore a white jacket, a black Jones New York knit tank dress, gold sparkly Berkshire nylons, and black Nine West "Glaze" sling backs. I accessorized with a copper chunky necklace, a copper and black beaded bracelet, and a thin gold belt.

When I went into the club, I immediately ran into a woman that I knew from the old karaoke bar I used to go to all the time. We always had a pretty flirtatious relationship and the way things were going I thought tonight would be the night. Well until she said her husband was there. Husband? There's a surprise. Well, so much for that. She did buy me a beer however. Who knew a guy in a dress could get into so much trouble?

After that little revelation, I saw a very attractive young woman in a pair of red and black Nine West peep toe pumps that I could identify. She was heading outside to smoke, so I decided to follow her. Well she was quite impressed that I could identify her shoes. We started talking. She told me that I looked fantastic in my dress, but she didn't notice that it was a dress until I came outside. She said she noticed the white jacket and and necklace, but not the rest and how surprised she was when she saw the rest. She said when she saw the outfit, she figured that I was a guy who was dressed by a bunch of women at a bachelorette party or something. My thought is where do I sign up for that party. Well we talked, she asked me to critique her outfit, which I did and things were warming up rapidly.

Until a fight broke out when a guy rushed another guy for "looking at his girlfriend." Well the other guy punched the rushing guy in the eye and the guy then started going nuts. The girl I was talking to was really freaked out, so I moved her out of the way, that is until the guy started yelling at the couple next to me. He took a swing at that guy, I jumped in and restrained the drunk bastard until the bouncer came and, well bounced him. Yep, there I was a guy in 3 1/2 inch heels holding a drunk violent guy in restraint from hurting anybody. I may be a guy in a dress, but many years ago I did win the regional high school wrestling title.

Well after the drama, my new friend did buy me another drink as did the house for my inconvenience. At this point, I was having a nice time. It turned out that the girl I "protected" was there with a guy, but we did dance for a while. Later I danced with another young girl, who kept telling me she can't dance in a dress, but actually meaning she can't dance in heels, since she was barefoot most of the evening. After my next free beer I was over the legal limit, so to speak, so I got a ride home from a friend and had to call a cab the next day to fetch my car. All in all it was quite a wild night out.

The pictures I posted of my outfit that night is without the jacket, since I didn't wear it most of the evening. I do have a nasty farmer's tan and only wore the jacket because I have hairy arm pits. I never thought of shaving them, but at some point I didn't care. It worked OK as long as I kept my arms to my side.

I am about to take on a major project that will limit my ability to get out in heels for some time. I don't figure that I will have much free time starting the middle of next week. I will keep everybody up to date as soon as it is official.

post-5655-133522889529_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522889533_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522889536_thumb.jpg

HF: Great looking outfits there. For some odd reason, pic number one reminds me of something Mary Tyler Moore used to wear on the old Dick Van Dyke Show (the theme song just started playing in my head). HA! As for pic number three----WOW! I can only hope I can look a fraction as good in a dress as you do! Once again, WOW!

Until a fight broke out when a guy rushed another guy for "looking at his girlfriend." Well the other guy punched the rushing guy in the eye and the guy then started going nuts. The girl I was talking to was really freaked out, so I moved her out of the way, that is until the guy started yelling at the couple next to me. He took a swing at that guy, I jumped in and restrained the drunk bastard until the bouncer came and, well bounced him. Yep, there I was a guy in 3 1/2 inch heels holding a drunk violent guy in restraint from hurting anybody. I may be a guy in a dress, but many years ago I did win the regional high school wrestling title. ....

Really? I consider this quite amazing, as one of the first things I think women question about a man wearing heels is his ability to protect them from potential physical harm, among other forms of protection a man may offer. I think this is an amazing example of having a wildly strong inner sense of self. Good job, color me impressed.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Until a fight broke out when a guy rushed another guy for "looking at his girlfriend." Well the other guy punched the rushing guy in the eye and the guy then started going nuts. The girl I was talking to was really freaked out, so I moved her out of the way, that is until the guy started yelling at the couple next to me. He took a swing at that guy, I jumped in and restrained the drunk bastard until the bouncer came and, well bounced him. Yep, there I was a guy in 3 1/2 inch heels holding a drunk violent guy in restraint from hurting anybody. I may be a guy in a dress, but many years ago I did win the regional high school wrestling title.

Good on you, HF :) Perhaps you and Stilettoscott should team up. I believe he used to work as a bouncer in a bar -- if I remember correctly. :)

Now, imagine the guys humiliation when he sobers up and realizes that he was "physically bested" in front of his girlfriend by a guy in bar wearing a dress and high heels? That should do a great deal to his "macho vision" of himself.....

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I jumped in and restrained the drunk bastard until the bouncer came and, well bounced him

HF, WOW what an adventure. I would never have occurred to me to do that, especially in a dress and heels.

What I don’t understand is how “she didn't notice that it was a dress until I came outside.” Maybe some of KneeHighs charm has been transferred through the web and she was blinded by it.

My vote this week is “door number one.” I think the white Capris look great. Maybe its because the cuff is where a pair of boots should be, but that is just my biased preference. The dress also looks good but, as others have mentioned, you gotta have the figure for it to wear one. I’m afraid that the fact that you “did win the regional high school wrestling title” still shows. Every time I try one I have to make a conscious effort to hold my stomach in (I’m not into corsets).

Bubba136 makes a good point about this guy’s reaction when he sobers up. You might keep a wary eye out for him.

Thanks for continuing to share your adventures. We all really do learn from them.

JeffB –

Mary Tyler Moore really looked good on the old Dick VanDyke show so that is high praise to HF!

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

And be careful with that drunk guy if you go back to this bar...

I agree wholeheartedly. There are few animals on earth more dangerous than a man with a wounded pride. And once he sobers up and learns he'd been restrained by a guy in a dress, he's gonna be absolutely mortified!

Greatings HappyFeat :-)

What JeffB is saying is so true...

IMHO maybe you would like to go back to this bar in "regular" attire to see if this guy is still there.

Maybe he was so drunk he won't recognize you but his friends will...

( I just want to continue reading your amazing stories in this forum ! )

Re: Friday - I had a few errands to run and decided that I should look nice while doing them. I wore a raspberry dress shirt, gray Lane Bryant trousers with wide legs and a nice cuff, black patterned trouser socks, and black Nine West "Appleaday" with a very small stiletto heel. I hit the post office, paid a couple of bills and went for an early lunch. Since my outfit was fairly conservative, I really didn't draw much attention except for one man who stared at me for a long time, which I am hoping was because of my shoes because otherwise he was really creeping me out. The one interesting thing about these shoes is that I slipped off the heel several times on tile floors, which never happens when I wear a higher heel. I just thought that was fascinating.

Actually, I am going to have a different opinion than most of your responses. I loved your "Friday" outfit. That is how I like to dress when I go out. It looks sharp. I also love the loafer style pumps. I have at least a dozen pairs of that style of shoe....but mine are all with a chunkier heel. I also love to read about your adventures. If you have more of the loafer style pumps, please post those pictures as well.:)

Happyfeat:-) I must totally agree with the other posters comments. Pic #3 is a knock-out outfit. And restrainig a drunk while wearing it? Whoa fellow!!! It just goes to show that looking good, having great balance in 3.5" heels while hanging onto a drunk and restraining him all at the same time, well what can I say except, you the "Man"! It serves him right and after he sobers up, I hope that his drinking buddies give him his just desserts for years to come. Wow!!! What story!!! You do like to live dangerously---dress and heels and all, don't you? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Wow! Thanks for all of the great comments, complements, advice and discussion. This will likely turn out to be the proverbial "wall of text," but I just wanted to reply and give some feedback to these discussions. I have been quite busy over the last few weeks and I am hoping to get out again VERY soon, since it seems that I may be suffering from high heel withdrawl. So, here goes:

On the Capri pants and Aldo slides:

This was my first time with true Capri pants and I think they are wonderful. I have worn gauchos, but they are much looser fitting and a tad more on the flamboyant side. Also, I have been experimenting some with slides this summer and have found them surprisingly easy to wear and quite comfortable.

...While pic #1 is not bad at all...

I was pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out. What was even better was how good it felt to wear. I was very concerned since I don't normally have that much exposed foot or shoes for that matter. I will play with the Capris a lot more in the future.

My vote this week is “door number one.” I think the white Capris look great. Maybe its because the cuff is where a pair of boots should be, but that is just my biased preference.

This is a great comment because after looking at the picture, I think I will try the Capris with a pair of knee boots this fall. Of course they won't look like Capris if I tuck them, but it will be a pretty cool outfit. These are way to skinny to not tuck them in boots, so maybe I need to find a pair with a slightly wider leg for a slightly different look. Thanks for the idea!

HF: Great looking outfits there. For some odd reason, pic number one reminds me of something Mary Tyler Moore used to wear on the old Dick Van Dyke Show (the theme song just started playing in my head). HA! ...

Actually, it is funny you mention that because, I really was going for an early 1960's look. I love the clean lines and general elegance of the fashion of that era, so I guess I pulled it off - this time. Looking at the picture, maybe I do need to get a sting of pearls to add that missing touch.

Mary Tyler Moore really looked good on the old Dick VanDyke show so that is high praise to HF!

Personally, I think Mary Tyler Moore looked great not only on the Dick Van Dyke Show, but on her own show and still looks great now. I loved her (along with Stevie Nicks and Sally Field) as a kid. The comparison is quite well taken!

For the Dress:

You look F#$%&*g awesome in that dress!

That is the single best complement I have received in writing! Also, considering that you do a dress pretty well yourself Max...

As for pic number three----WOW! I can only hope I can look a fraction as good in a dress as you do! Once again, WOW!

The trick is finding the right dress and letting it do the work. I have found knit or sweater dresses do the best for me since they really don't have a predefined waist. I am just too tall for most dresses that have a waist built in. They are also a bit tight fitting and even with a little extra girth like I have at the moment tight actually works better for me. However Jeff, with your legs nobody is going to be paying much attention to the dress.

Sounds like you had a great time. The pics look great. Especially number 3. You are really working that dress. Way to go!

I think you make a great point. I felt really good and the dress made me feel better and "working it" as you put it I have found is the difference between being more than just a "guy in a dress."

The dress also looks good but, as others have mentioned, you gotta have the figure for it to wear one. I’m afraid that the fact that you “did win the regional high school wrestling title” still shows. Every time I try one I have to make a conscious effort to hold my stomach in (I’m not into corsets).

In addition to wrestling in high school I took ten years of dance including jazz, modern and ballet. Though I don't do any of that, some of the habits I developed then helps keep my body on the lean side, which does give a slightly more feminine silhouette which does help with the dress. However, notice that the picture I posted was a straight on shot. The side shots turn it from being a very nice outfit to a maternity smock. I don't do corsets either and have no desire to invest in lingerie of any kind, but all hail control top pantyhose when pulled up above the waist.

...pic #3 blows 'em all away. Amazing how one can surprise oneself?

This about sums up the dress. I didn't plan of wearing a dress or even going out for that matter, but when I pulled it together was was very pleasantly surprised. Not only did it look nice, but I felt great in a way that I don't often feel. In some ways, I was thinking that a dress felt so natural that it may be the garment that I like wearing bets. But moderation is the key...

On my activities while wearing the dress:

Good on you, HF Perhaps you and Stilettoscott should team up. I believe he used to work as a bouncer in a bar -- if I remember correctly.

Now, imagine the guys humiliation when he sobers up and realizes that he was "physically bested" in front of his girlfriend by a guy in bar wearing a dress and high heels? That should do a great deal to his "macho vision" of himself.....

I jumped in and restrained the drunk bastard until the bouncer came and, well bounced him

HF, WOW what an adventure. I would never have occurred to me to do that, especially in a dress and heels.

The really cool thing is I was able to do it and my shoes didn't even slide off. The straps on those slings are a bit stretched out and I actually had trouble keeping them from sliding off while I was dancing. So, I think I could do a pretty good job as a bouncer while wearing heels.

Maybe if Stilettoscot is up for it, we could go into business together. As for the guys humiliation, I hope he suffers a great trauma. There is no call for being an ass and starting something. I kind of live by the "I'm a lover, not a fighter" mentality, but I can take care of myself if I need to.

What I don’t understand is how “she didn't notice that it was a dress until I came outside.” Maybe some of KneeHighs charm has been transferred through the web and she was blinded by it.

Actually, I said she was hot and wearing great shoes, not that she was observant or particularly smart. LOL I get these kind of comments from time to time including having a clerk in a store asked me if I wore skirts while I was standing right in front of her WEARING A SKIRT. This particular girl however was fixated on my jacket, necklace, and neckline, so I will give her a pass.

I agree wholeheartedly. There are few animals on earth more dangerous than a man with a wounded pride. And once he sobers up and learns he'd been restrained by a guy in a dress, he's gonna be absolutely mortified!

Greatings HappyFeat :-)

What JeffB is saying is so true...

IMHO maybe you would like to go back to this bar in "regular" attire to see if this guy is still there.

Maybe he was so drunk he won't recognize you but his friends will...

( I just want to continue reading your amazing stories in this forum ! )

As for the guy being threatening to me, I am not worried about that at all. First, as circumstances would have it, I am not going back there for a while anyway since my weekends are being consumed with home improvement projects, travel, etc. I usually don't get out much in the fall. However, I would never let anybody stop me from going anywhere, however I am dressed. I have no desire to fight, but I can restrain almost anybody and he will just have to get over being tied up by a guy in really great shoes.

On my Friday outfit:

Actually, I am going to have a different opinion than most of your responses. I loved your "Friday" outfit. That is how I like to dress when I go out. It looks sharp. I also love the loafer style pumps. I have at least a dozen pairs of that style of shoe....but mine are all with a chunkier heel. I also love to read about your adventures. If you have more of the loafer style pumps, please post those pictures as well.o

Well, I am quite happy that somebody liked my more conservative look, since this is the look that I am more likely to wear out in the future. I have found that women's dress pants and a nice conservative shoes does make me feel well put together and "sharp." However, I have also notices that lower heels and even block heels seem to attract more attention for me that stilettos. Not that I mind the attention, its just that I find it ironic. As for pictures, I have posted several pictures of many of my shoes in this thread, but I will be posting more as I continue to get out.

Really? I consider this quite amazing, as one of the first things I think women question about a man wearing heels is his ability to protect them from potential physical harm, among other forms of protection a man may offer. I think this is an amazing example of having a wildly strong inner sense of self. Good job, color me impressed.

Actually, I have long given up trying to figure out what women think about a guy wearing heels. I have never thought about the protection thing, but then again many of the women I meet and talk to are more than able to protect themselves. I have also retain another thread that women may feel that a guy who is unconventional may not be able to earn money, or be accepted in the upwardly mobile corporate world. To each their own, but I probably wouldn't be interested in those women anyway. I know I am heading on a tangent here from your original intent, but it was a thought that just leaped in my head. I will say this, I did get my share of attention from the fairer sex that evening.

I do have a well developed (possibly overdeveloped) sense of self. The irony is that heeling has only made me feel more that way. That night was likely my crowning evening wearing heels, however you never know what happens next.

Thanks for all of the replies. You guys are great!

The trick is finding the right dress and letting it do the work. I have found knit or sweater dresses do the best for me since they really don't have a predefined waist. I am just too tall for most dresses that have a waist built in. They are also a bit tight fitting and even with a little extra girth like I have at the moment tight actually works better for me. However Jeff, with your legs nobody is going to be paying much attention to the dress.

I must say you continue to inspire me with your excellent sense and style when it comes to fashion, and when you sported that dress, you really blew me away, and got me to thinking if I could pull off that look as I definitely want to take a crack at wearing a dress, provided I can find just the right one. Your suggestion about knit or sweater dresses is plenty sound, and I intend to follow that avenue of thought when I go shopping. Once again, thanks for the inspiration!

HappyFeat-

I liked the Capri pants so much I picked up two pair, denim and off white (haven’t found a pair of white ones yet). I wore them with a pair of black leather knee high boots with a 2” block heel under the pants and really liked the look. Most of the boot shaft is visible so you get to make the “I’m wearing boots” statement but it is a subtle difference from boots over jeans look.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.