What would make you buy a high heel shoe more?

PatentHeel

What would make you buy a high heel shoe more?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What would make you buy a high heel shoe more?

• Seeing a photo of a model wearing them from the waist downwards
    • Seeing a photo of a model's calves and heels only

I voted for just the calves and shoes. This is a difficult question, however. Many time while browsing through catalogs, I will see a model and wonder about her shoes, but they seldom put ordering information for the shoes and often times they don't sell the shoes the model is wearing. Maybe if they added the shoe information to the catalog caption, it may increase sales. The reason for my vote is that I would be much more likely to wear heels with trousers or jeans than with a garment that would highlight the whole lower body - such as a skirt or capris. Besides, I know models have great legs and since I am buying the shoes, a more zoomed picture of the shoes would be more important. Also, from my observation, shoes are seldom modeled like other garments. Typically in the ads I see, both in print and on the Internet, show just the shoe, sans foot. I know their are exceptions, but in general that's what I have seen. It would be wonderful if they did show more shoes modeled. That's a job I would apply for right now!

Style is built from the ground up!

When high heels are modeled in a position that I can clearly see what they really look like, then I don't care if they are worn or not. Like HappyFeat posted, many of the shoes modeled are not provided with the proper information for purchasing most of the time. They may have details as to where they might be sold. You go to the site and there is nothing, not even to say they are coming soon. That is so frustrating. Six months later after the stock has been picked over or depleted, you might find something on ebay in a size you can't wear anyway. You'd think if they really wanted to sell an item, the advertisement would give directions or information to order direct from the maker. I wouldn't even mind paying a type of appreciation fee to the business that would offer this information as I ordered from the maker. This way the maker would have a better idea which style is in demand and to make more. Instead of making alot of less demanded styles that usually end up on the bargain tables or racks, which looks like a lot of waste and causes a higher cost of the demanded items to pay for the loss.

I said "Seeing a photo of a model wearing them from the waist downwards" because I like to see what clothes (to the extent they let you) are paired with the shoes. I like to see the style. BUT, I want to see the details of shoes to see if the fit what I see as my style. So it was somewhat a 50/50 deal.

I didn't vote because I like seeing just the shoes as high resolution images from as many different angles as possible. Websites like Office are great as they let you rotate the shoe with your mouse.

Cheers,

Ben

I voted for "From the calves down". I mean, at the end of the day, it's all about the shoes! Heh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I voted for "From the calves down". I mean, at the end of the day, it's all about the shoes! Heh!

I think I concur with JeffB. If it's all about the interest in buy the high heels, I would concentrate on the high heels.

Neither. It's the style of the shoe (including heel height) and price! I don't worry about how it's presented on someone else, because it will always look different on me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know about seeing someone weaing heels that I like, but I was diagnosed in the past two months with diabetes and heart problems so feeling sorry for myself and highly depressed I went to a couple of shoe stores and on the internet this past week and treated myself to 14 pairs of shoes that I've been wanting. It makes for really good therapy. Here are a couple of pairs.

post-3492-133522863848_thumb.jpg

post-3492-13352286385_thumb.jpg

t-straps are my favorite style.

• 3 months later...

It would appear from the poll that out of 60 voters just over half would be more likely to buy a heel if they saw a picture of them being worn by a model from the waist down. I guess at the end of the day if a person really liked the heels, it probably wouldn't matter anyway. Thanks to all who contributed to this poll. PatentHeel

• 2 weeks later...

I voted to see the heels from the waist down so as to see what outfits might go with the shoes or boots. I also have noticed a slight trend in the catalogs of late, if the shoes or boots on the models are not pictured in the catalog itself, there is a phone number listed next to the shoe picture that you can call for further information on that shoe or boot. Not all catalogs are doing this at the present time. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crocks! On the way home from a business meeting this afternoon, I stopped at my local Time Warner Cable TV business center and paid my monthly cable visson bill since I was in the area. I parked my car in front and was walking up to the front door when I passed a man coming out of the office. He appeared to be in his late 60s and was wearing a Bahama hat, a Hawaiian short sleeved sports shirt, blue jeans and the wildest pair of Pink Crocks I have ever seen. I was wearing a pair of boots with 4" wedge heels. I noticed him because his appearance was so "eye catching." I knew that no one would ever notice my boots since everyone was looking at him. The crocks were outrageous!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I dislike crocs very much. I see them down at the Science Center on men, women, and kids, even little babes in arms. Ridiculous! And bright pink on a guy? Whoa!!! Just my opinion. If you like them, so be it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

IIf you like them, so be it.Dawn HH

Actually, I don't like them and was surprised to see a male "senior citizen" wearing a bright pink pair. :thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I didn't vote as I didn't like the options. What would make me buy more, and wear more, is if I saw more men wearing, and more decent, non-masculinized heels marketed to men.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.