Celebrities in High Heels

Re the picture of Nicole Kidman: Can we accuse her of being a cross-dresser? A recent interview on television of someone (her?) dressed in a man's suit riled me again. Not a word is said except a description of her outfit, but let a man dress in women's clothes or shoes, and the derogatory, slamming terms flow forth. Maybe someone should sue for gender bias?

Following on from JayZee, they look very like something I spotted window shopping the other week in Covent Garden. Nine West had these scrummy stillettos called 'Stavenue' in their window. They are a broad ankle strap sandal with a zip down the back of the ankle and rear entry. Sadly barely only 3", but I'm sure someone else found a higher version of the idea elsewhere.

http://www.ninewest.com/s?namespace=catalog&origin=viewall_category.jsp&event=p.shoe&pid=3902#

There is a partly animated gif of it in both black and dark red.

/I

/I

Just seen the loveley Amanda Holden being interviewed on "The Kumars at No 42" (UK - BBC2) She was wearing a stunning pair of red suede knee-length boots with a 3 maybe 4 inch heel. I wish I had a video capture card so I could have posted some pics. For those of you who don't know of her, there's a pic here.

Just seen the loveley Amanda Holden being interviewed on "The Kumars at No 42" (UK - BBC2) She was wearing a stunning pair of red suede knee-length boots with a 3 maybe 4 inch heel. I wish I had a video capture card so I could have posted some pics. For those of you who don't know of her, there's a pic here.

Found these, but unfortunately no full length shots so we can't see all of her boots..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Last night I was watching a documentary about old-time movie stars and the movies they appeared in. Throughout the show, they would play short segments of different old movies. One of the segments was a scene with Clark Gable and Spencer Tracy. They were out in a flooded field and had to walk on wooden planks to prevent from getting wet. Unfortunately the planks were only wide enough for one person. As Clark and Spencer approached each other on the same plank, Clark mentioned that he could kick Spencer out of his way with the 4" heel boots he was wearing. Unfortunately, the clip they showed did not include the boots. I think the movie was "Boom Town" made in 1940.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Excellent boots on Kylie, but my comment is not directed at her. Did someone leave dear old Tom in the oven too long? He looks more like Geroge Hamilton used to! And even George has eased off on his tan in recent years... Back to Kylie... interesting how she will be immortalized in a pair of stiletto heeled boots. that certainly sets her image as a high heeled diva. :(

I happened to see Barbra Streisand on Oprah yesterday. She was wearing a "winter white (off white)" sweater and skirt set with a pair of very nice looking winter white stiletto heel pumps. The heels appeared to be between 4" and 5" high. Oprah was wearing a pair of black pumps with stiletto heels. About half way through the interview, both of them kicked off their shoes and set them on the floor beside the chairs. I think the shoes were much better looking than Streisand. I just took one look at her but I couldn't take my eyes off of her shoes. :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

WOW! Very nice pictures! Kylie is my all time fauvorite "dream-girl" (beside Sylvia Saint) and she is soooooo sexy, but I don't like the boots!! On the other hand Miss Spears is a turn-off, but those withe pumps makes me HOT! JayZee

"We don't stop playing because we get older - we get older because we stop playing" (with high heels - JayZee)

Oh my! We don't have any presenters like that on UK telly. What a shame, ratings would soar. Very nice. I don't think I have ever seen any UK presenter wear 5 inch heels, certainly not any as nice as those in the image above (with red dress).