Pumps

Which footwear do you wear in public  

594 members have voted

1. 1. Which footwear do you wear in public

• Boots
    • Pumps
    • Sandals
    • Wedges

Thank you for sharing that with us. This man has to be admired. He wears what he wants to wear, enjoys wearing the clothes and high heels that he enjoys, and he is telling the world, "hey, look at me, and I enjoy being me." He is definitely one of us and I am inspired by this video.

Thanks again.

I wish that he'd find our little group and join.

I finally seemed to have found a pair of platform pumps that deserve the name high heel and that I can wear on the street without being noticed quickly. "Pleaser Dolly 50" is the name of those shown in the attachment. Chunky 5.5" heel (the description says 5" but when measured in the back, it's 5.5") and 1.5" platform. The have a rounded front and when worn with long jeans, it's really not very apparent that I wear heels. So, I say these were a good catch. I like Stilettos much more, that's for sure, but that's more adventurous. So today I walked around in these in a busy city for maybe 1 1/2h, and except for maybe 2-3 people nobody noticed.

post-3379-133522859003_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I really am liking the shoes many of you are daring enough to wear in public. I envy a lot of you for your boldness. :thumbsup: I feel more comfortable in public with a more unisex looking rounded toe, chunky and/or wedge heel and my wife is happier with me doing that as well. Dont get me wrong, I really like the look of pointy pumps, strappy sandals, and all of those very feminine looking shoes. But for me, I just like the feel of wearing heels in public without getting the attention. So it ends up being a more conservative look for me. Just wondering, for those that are doing the stilettos and more obvious heels in public, was that something you did right off the bat, or did you start out more subtle as i am doing now and work your way up? Just wondering so I might be able to predict if I will eventually end up going "full display" as many of you are. :smile:

I really am liking the shoes many of you are daring enough to wear in public. I envy a lot of you for your boldness. :thumbsup:

I feel more comfortable in public with a more unisex looking rounded toe, chunky and/or wedge heel and my wife is happier with me doing that as well. Dont get me wrong, I really like the look of pointy pumps, strappy sandals, and all of those very feminine looking shoes. But for me, I just like the feel of wearing heels in public without getting the attention. So it ends up being a more conservative look for me.

Just wondering, for those that are doing the stilettos and more obvious heels in public, was that something you did right off the bat, or did you start out more subtle as i am doing now and work your way up? Just wondering so I might be able to predict if I will eventually end up going "full display" as many of you are. :smile:

I started out wearing block heeled disco shoes in public, but they were in style then. When those shoes went out of style, that is when I began wearing more feminine high heels. I did ease into it, going to not-so-public places at night just to say I was out wearing stiletto high heels. But then after a while, I just said, what the heck! I enjoy dressing the way I do and wearing coordinated high heels with my wardrobe. I wear men's higher heeled boots and cowboy boots with a higher heel to work. But when I am out and about on the town, I wear men's suits and 4" or 5" feminine stiletto high heels. I just enjoy wearing them, I think they are pretty, and they make me feel good and pretty.

Because of my love for stilettos (and pumps), those are what I started wearing out. BUT, saying this, they were worn at night and/or in very secluded places, as when I started "public heeling", it was when I was young and I didn't have this forum for inspiration...

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I finally seemed to have found a pair of platform pumps that deserve the name high heel and that I can wear on the street without being noticed quickly. "Pleaser Dolly 50" is the name of those shown in the attachment. Chunky 5.5" heel (the description says 5" but when measured in the back, it's 5.5") and 1.5" platform. The have a rounded front and when worn with long jeans, it's really not very apparent that I wear heels. So, I say these were a good catch. I like Stilettos much more, that's for sure, but that's more adventurous. So today I walked around in these in a busy city for maybe 1 1/2h, and except for maybe 2-3 people nobody noticed.

Like you, I am more of a fan of stiletto high heels. But those you have pictured look cool, comfortable, and sexy. That is a shoe that I, maybe, posibly, would wear to work. They look comfortable and very stylish. Thank you for sharing the picture and your new find.

I'm usually out in a 4" medium heel but so prefer stilettos. I can even run in the things. Started out in block heels and when confidence is low then they are choice of the day. Confidence defo helps thin the heel. Society so needs to accept guys in heels. I hate wearing long trousers with them.

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

HHBoots, I'm with your line of thiking, Whilst I love stiletto heels and would love to wear them, I don't think I can carry them off, so its the thicker styles for me. I'm just happy to be wearing heels, like you. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

All I ever wear are Christian Louboutins (120 mm)... I wear them at night.. to go out for dinner, to the club, good events.. etc. I always get looks, but they always come with positive feedback :thumbsup: Girls are really receptive and appreciative of it - as are gay guys.. straight guys dont know exactly what to say.. haha

All I ever wear are Christian Louboutins (120 mm)... I wear them at night.. to go out for dinner, to the club, good events.. etc. I always get looks, but they always come with positive feedback :thumbsup: Girls are really receptive and appreciative of it - as are gay guys.. straight guys dont know exactly what to say.. haha

That's a pretty hot style! How many pair do you own and what do you wear with them?

Style is built from the ground up!

For streetheeling - and i am not talking of taking the dog for a quick walk but spending a whole in heels, usually shopping or visiting places - I usually wear pumps with reaonnable heels (3 inches) and narrow heels. Strangely i found it easier to walk with spike heels than with block heels. Block heels get my back tired as do higher heels if a have to do a lot of walking. Despite a lot of guys claiming to walk around in over 4" heels, I doubt they could stand a whole day in them. Even for women it is hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I have less back and ankle problems when I wear 4" heels. I have a lower back problem when I stand very long but in heels, I can go almost twice as long and a little walking clears it up so I can stand again. Guess it is the way I stand with my back straighter in heels. I broke both my ankles years ago and walking on them for long periods causes them to ache. For some reason, they don't if I wear heels. Guess I could tell anyone that objects to my heels in public that it is for medical reasons. Cassie

Actually, I have less back and ankle problems when I wear 4" heels. I have a lower back problem when I stand very long but in heels, I can go almost twice as long and a little walking clears it up so I can stand again. Guess it is the way I stand with my back straighter in heels. I broke both my ankles years ago and walking on them for long periods causes them to ache. For some reason, they don't if I wear heels. Guess I could tell anyone that objects to my heels in public that it is for medical reasons.

Cassie

You may be on to a new medical discovery. I have not had ankle problems, but I do have very high arches. It is more comfortable wearing high heels than lower heeled shoes.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted boots and pumps. My most public outing was in boots for the obvious reason that a pair of 2.75" block heel boots is not very obvious. Christmas shopping at the local department store was uneventful. I much prefer to wear a shoe than a boot, however. I have worn some block heel loafer style shoes, but they were either relatively low heel, or the places I wore them weren't very public. I'm still a bit wary about wearing things that are obviously female in appearance in public settings, though I believe the day is coming. If I truly had my choice, it would be a pair of black patent classic 80's style pumps with a 4" or so stiletto heel, but that's just not gonna happen! While I have walked on pavement in shoes of that type, it was not in places where I could say they were public.

RonC! just wear a pair of loafers or boots with a little higher heels. I've never found wearing penny loafer style shoes with rounded toes and thicker heels or boots with 4" block (or blade) heels to be any more of a problem than wearing the same style of shoes/boots with lower heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I too have less back problems when in 4" heels.

I sprained my ankle in flats a few weeks ago but had no problem walking in heels too.

Hello friends,

I have found that I have no problems when I'm wearing my 3" heel boots and I wear them all the time, the only time I may feel pain is when I'm wearing next to no heel, then watch out for the pain if I'm on my feet all day. But I also wear support pantyhose with the 3" heel boots too, so it may be the combo of wearing the two together that helps my legs.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

They are indeed quite comfortable. The only thing is that I am somewhere in between 14 and 15 US men's size, and I know that 14s are often too tight. The ones I got are 15, and with the Mary Jane strap, they work quite good, though they are slightly too big. Therefore, I was slipping around in these yesterday and got myself a blister at one of my toes. Didn't happen though during previous street heelings with those.

Like you, I am more of a fan of stiletto high heels. But those you have pictured look cool, comfortable, and sexy. That is a shoe that I, maybe, posibly, would wear to work. They look comfortable and very stylish. Thank you for sharing the picture and your new find.

For heels, exclusively block heeled boots, 2.5" to 4.5", ankle to knee length, with or without platforms. But I'd also really like to find a nice pair of wedge heeled boots that I like and which look good.

"It's just a flesh wound"

• 2 weeks later...

I still like hh clogs. When walking, they are not too flamboyant. When I sit down and cross my legs, I get a few second looks when people see that the heels are 4.5". Let's include hh clogs in future surveys. They are neither sandals, boots, nor pumps. My second choice is spike-heeled knee-high boots. When the mood strikes, I like Mary Jane flats.

Being my favorite footwear, I've worn wedges out all the time now. When the winter does come (or maybe mid-late fall), I'll go for the boots, prodominantly wedge boots though :o

Formally "HHDude"

• 1 month later...

I did respond to this poll, even though I've never partaken in this (unless you count my days in the dim and distant oast when I was a TV, and that's a very different thing, I reckon), but I kinda envisage my first steps will be in something quite sober... and as happiness/confidence increases, I'll go for something increasingly flamboyant. So, clunky heeled boots to begin with, but then, who knows? K

• 3 weeks later...

I used to street heel in a pair of oxfords with a heel of 3". I do not streetheel anymore, but not because I do not want to. My wife objects to it, but if I still did, it would definately be in shoes similar to my avatar, as that the only pair of heels I own. I love the feeling of open toes, and a HIGH heel (not less than 4"). I am also really good at the balancing and walking, so it doesn't hurt my feet.:winkiss: