Pumps

Which footwear do you wear in public  

594 members have voted

1. 1. Which footwear do you wear in public

• Boots
    • Pumps
    • Sandals
    • Wedges

I've added a few pics in the gallery that show my ideas on good "street heeling" boots for those of us who are still self concious about it but want to get out there..:cry1:

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

These will probably be my first "street" heels. They have a 3 inch heel and a 1 inch platform, very comfortable and a perfect fit in size 11M from Payless. I had been looking for them for Halloween to go with my retro '70's outfit. Interestingly, back then these would have been in the men's section but today they're in Women's. Guess nowadays they're called schoolgirl shoes.

post-1132-133522897583_thumb.jpg

post-1132-133522897597_thumb.jpg

post-1132-133522897612_thumb.jpg

They appear to be the Eleanor Lug Heel Slip-On. Did you look at (and/or consider) the Brooke Rugged Oxford? [Your link brough me to a page that had both listed, it took me a minute to figure out which one matched your pictures.] The Eleanor is listed as 2.5" heel (what's the actual measurement on yours?), vs the Brooke at a 3" heel, and it looks like about a 1/2" platform. The Eleanor though is a lot more neutral looking shoe, and as your pictures show, I think an extremely passable shoe for a man. For the Brooke, you might be able to conceal the laces under your pants, but the white contrast stitching seems like it would kill it. Unfortunately (for me), both only available up to size 12 - it's not 2008 anymore, when at least one of these shoes would have been available in size 13.

i prefer boots on the street but there i really no limit as to what should be worn, if your comfortable then wear them, why are heeled shoes or boots still classed as womens anyway? anyone can ear anything which in my mind makes thm unisex

They appear to be the Eleanor Lug Heel Slip-On. Did you look at (and/or consider) the Brooke Rugged Oxford? [Your link brough me to a page that had both listed, it took me a minute to figure out which one matched your pictures.] The Eleanor is listed as 2.5" heel (what's the actual measurement on yours?), vs the Brooke at a 3" heel, and it looks like about a 1/2" platform.

The Eleanor though is a lot more neutral looking shoe, and as your pictures show, I think an extremely passable shoe for a man. For the Brooke, you might be able to conceal the laces under your pants, but the white contrast stitching seems like it would kill it. Unfortunately (for me), both only available up to size 12 - it's not 2008 anymore, when at least one of these shoes would have been available in size 13.

I have the Eleanors. The heel measures 3 inches with a 1 inch platform. Back in the '70s I had a pair like these that I bought in the Mens' section of a shoe store. Oxfords I don't care for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have responded in the past that I prefer stiletto heeled pumps for street heeling. But recently I went out in thigh boots with 5 1/4" stiletto heels (sorry guys...I did wear them under my jeans...one day I will wear them on the outside of my jeans). They make my legs feel so good and I enjoy the fact that unlike a shoe, I can't take them off until the end of the day. I am going to invest more into a pair or two of high heeled boots in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an extensive collection to choose from given the time of year and the activity I am doing. To go to work I quite often wear 3" heel loafers either as a wedge or a block heel. During the winter I quite often wear boots that are at least knee high. I love the way they firmly support you calfs as it gives you a great feeling of sure footed confidence even on ice.

My choice depends on the weather. in the summer it would be sandals without a doubt with a chunky heel at least 5'' with a platform and in the colder times it would be a pump with maybe a 4' stiletto with a platform no more than half inch. both above would be without nylons. in extreme weather like snow or heavy rain it would be ankle or knee boots with a heel about 4'' and a small platform worn with nylons:yummy::blinkbigeyes::yummy:

I wear everything but sandles. During the week I normally wear heels less than 5" simply because of the amount of stairs we have in the building and it slows me down. On weekends and days off I like to wear 4 to 5 inch heels if out shopping or doing errands. When going out in the evening I often wear metal spikes 5 to 6 inches as I like the way I have to walk in them and them.

in extreme weather like snow or heavy rain it would be ankle or knee boots with a heel about 4'' and a small platform worn with nylons:yummy::pulsingheart::yummy:

Would it be fair to say then that this is possibly where the "fetish" takes over from common sense? The desire to wear heels detracts from normal behaviour?

In snow or heavy rain, the only thing that goes on my feet are fleece lined waterproof boots that have good grip on the bottom...

I couldnt care less if men in heels was "the norm", but if its pissing down outside, no typical leather footwear will keep your feet dry and/or warm..

Maybe i'm just getting old and "sensible" is far more comfortable and safer in extreme weather conditions, plus, I have the rest of the year to wear my heels... Time and place for everything, and severe weather isnt the time/place for heels, but thats only an opinion of course :blinkbigeyes:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Aww come on tech,where's your sense of adventure! high heels and crap weather make perfect sense, if your into destroying your fav heels. Yep I will have to agree that there is a 'time and place'.Also the fact that I wouldn't want to sustain an injury that might stop me heeling in more a pleasant climate.Oh and my general preference for heeling BOOTS,especially my new rocket dogs bought today!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Boots, of course. Once again, here is a picture of my brown boots from my avatar.

I think I've said it before but I'll say it again, I L O V E those fraken boots of yours Kittyinboots!

Now if I could only find those boots in dark red/burgundy and in my size...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I've said it before but I'll say it again, I L O V E those fraken boots of yours Kittyinboots!

Now if I could only find those boots in dark red/burgundy and in my size...

Actually I wish I could find that same pair in black and in a size 10 US. Ah, Italy, like the shape of their nation's peninsula (a boot). They don't make them like this any more. Hopefully this style of boot will come back.

• 2 months later...