The first pair of heels you wore

amxfan

As I have stated, my hubby and myself both love high heels and have a passion for them. Two years ago we saw a plastic set of toy heels in a clear bag at Wal-Mart "Set of 4 pair" and got them for our little girl who was 3 at the time. The heels had a 2 inch heel and she loved them, never taking them off. Reading through the forums here I wonder what was the first pair you wore? Also talking to a few men we know who also wear heels, we asked them the same question. Some said as they were growing up, they wore their sisters or their mothers in secret around the house or outside and that's what got them hooked. So my question is what was the first pair you wore and at what age?

My ex's pair of knee high brown stretch boots from "Chandlers," a long defunct upscale shoe store chain. Because they were very stretchy, I was able to get them on but not for long as my ex was a W 7.5 US and I'm an 11.5! But it was so stimulating that I went for my own, first with a US W 10 (again, too small) beige stretch knee high boot (they didn't have white in my size). So the beige ones would be the first of my own. They were probably both 3 inch heels.

It's all about the heel!

A pair of navy blue patent zip up knee boots of my mother's when I was about 4. They had 4" stilletos and I loved them. I would try on mum's boots every chance I got after that and later as my feet got bigger I also would wear her sandals too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I was 13, it was a holiday (4th of July or something like that) snuck into my cousins bedroom closet and tried on her 1.5" heeled boots. 1/2 size small but I knew I wanted more!!

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

A pair of red pumps my mother gave me to play with when I was 3 or 4. I had a blast clip clopping around the wooden floors in the house and I believe my mom got a kick out of it to. Those were my favorite 2 toys.

real men wear heels

My mother did not wear heels, don't have a sister. At 19 or 20 I bought my first pair: white pumps, 4 inch stiletto and three sizes too small. Transformed them into a sort of mule/ slipper; did not fit, hard to walk in. At 30 I bought a pair of 5 inch slingbacks that fitted surprisingly well. Greetings Hans

Hi amxfan, My Mother used to wear heels regularly and high ones too, i remember thinking what it would be like too be perched on your toes like that. My first attempt in heels was a pair of hers while she was out. A pair of black suede court shoes with 4.5" heels size uk 6, I was 12 at the time, they felt so good , such an experience to feel them on and feel taller , I was hooked and helped myself to them and many others when ever i could , been hooked ever since ,

I started with a pair of my sisters shoes. They were fairly ordinary brown, block heeled lace-ups. Just ordinary schoolgirls' shoes really. Not very high (maybe 2 inches), but that was higher than anything I'd ever worn before. They felt amazing though & I used to wear them at every opportunity. I nearly got caught with them once. I got up early one morning, thinking I was the only one up & went to get them out of the airing cupboard in my bedroom for a quick secret try-on. My sister had stopped wearing them at this point & they had been shoved into the cupboard along with various other clothes & junk that was marked for the jumble sale. I found one, but the other was buried towards the back somewhere. As I was groping for it, my mother came out of her bedroom and saw me standing there with my pyjamas on and a single girls' shoe in my hand. I told her that it had just fallen out of the cupboard and I was putting it back. She believed me, I think! The entire cupboard contents was cleared out soon afterwards so it was goodbye to those shoes forever. :santa_hat:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

the first boots i buyed was from a secondhand store blockheel and approx 2" high that was a real thrill to go out with these as you can understand in a newbi on this. in my community there is no acceptance for high heels on males so im a bit stucked right now. but that will maby go over...

My mom had a pair of T-strap round toe pumps that I started wearing when I was about 9. They had 4.75 inch thick heels. I got so turned on looking at the shoes when she wore them, I had to wear them. I was hooked and have been ever since.

• 2 months later...

Anybody remember the disco era? When platforms were actually made for guys? My 1st pair of heels were guys platforms, my 2nd pair were Corkies sandals. I think I paid $40 and now they are selling for well over $100.

rx

Me too. That was the first pair I wore in public. I wore my Mom's high heel pumps when I was a teenager, but not publicly.

• 2 years later...

Whilst on eBay the other day I came across a pair of heels which are almost identical to the first pair of heels I owned and wore. The only difference between those in the picture and the ones I owned were that mine were black patent. I can still remember going the Ravel shoe shop with my sister and she buying them for me. We were both still at school back in 1990. I loved those shoes so much but now when I look at the picture I can't help thinking that they look somewhat clunky. The patent leather ones were much nicer. During my first heel purge I got rid of them and a week later I was so wishing I hadn't. I wonder if the patent leather ones will ever re-surface on eBay?

post-10791-133522918956_thumb.jpg

The first pair of heels i wore must have been in the early 90's. They where brown gladiator sandals that belonged to the sister of a friend. We had the same size and i always liked her heels very much. I've been having an interest in feminine footwear since i was about 10-11. Her shoes where easy accessible so when i had the chance i'd put those heels on and walk around on them in her room. I had a key to my friends house since both our parents where getting fed up with answering the door all the time. So they gave us keys to eachothers houses. This made it very easy for me to get access to her heels. :wave:

I'm going to assume heels means any shoes specifically labeled for females. This being the premise, as a toddler I remember having the desire to wear my sister's black patent Mary Janes, so I put them on even though at that time I didn't know how to buckle the straps. They felt really good on my feet and they looked spectacular. The heels may have been as high as seven sixteenths of an inch. Being a toddler, I didn't understand the idea of ownership, so there were many quarrels over who could wear the Mary Janes. Of course, I lost the times it was important for my sister to wear them and I had to wear the shoes I hated. However, when the heels would no longer fit my sister, I took ownership and wore them all the time, until they couldn't be worn any more. I have wanted heels on my feet ever since and the rest is history.

I have told this story many times but one more time for u. My mother gave me a pair of red, I believe at least 3" pumps when I was 3-4 and loved watching me clopping around the hard wood floors in them. She got a real kick out of it I believe. Those red pumps was by far my favorite toys. Then when I started in school. I got hooked on all those pretty mary janes the girls wore. Couldn't keep my eyes off them and still can't. lol Don't even know how many different mj's I own now, Thanks MOM! lol

real men wear heels

The year is 1965. By the time I became interested in heels as my female peers started wearing them for the first time to church and picture day at school, I was 13 years old in seventh grade. My mother was a petite woman who had a size 6 foot. I was already past her size and found hers impossible to try. On the other hand, her mother and my grand mother had a size 8 foot - the same as mine. She had a pair of open-toe sandles with a quarter strap that fit like a glove when I tried them. I was left behind to watch TV as my parents took her out to get grocieries. The block heel was 2 1/4 high - just about the same as my female peers. Stilettos were toward their end of being the height of fashion :) and chunky block heels were now more popular. I was in total awe when I took those first steps in those shoes. One of the things I found possible in heels was to rock back on the heels and walk without my toes touching the floor as I took steps. That had to be murder on them but still today, I will see girls new to heels doing the same thing. Of course my feet did not stay that size 8 very long and it was not until I got to college that I was able to explore the world of femdon footware with my own purchases. My first in 1970 was from Mongomery Ward catalog ($3.99) of a size 10 pair with a 1 1/8 shaped heel on a three-strap mary-jane in black shiny material. They were something that really got me hooked. It did not take long to order a second pair from the Aldens catalog of a classic stiletto pump ($5.99) in white that was a size 11 with a "hi 2 7/8 inch heel" instead of the "med 2 1/4 inch heel." The heel was measured at the front of the heel making it probably a 4 inch heel today. When I took my first steps in those, I did not have the wobble at the ankle and they were stunning to me and for the next several years, I was hooked. :wave:

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

There are two answers to this question. For one, my first pair of heels were the platform shoes I wore to my eighth grade graduation in 1974, the peak of the era when men wore platforms. They had 3.5 inch heels and 1.5 inch platform. I loved them but rarely had occasion to wear them elsewhere, and we moved from a hip Chicago neighborhood to an conservative Texas one soon after.

Although I continued to admire heels and even during college worked briefly at a high end NYC shoe shop, I didn't wear heels again till I was in my early 40s. I wanted to decorate a bookshelf with a pair of heels. I looked online and found something like these on a clearance page of a website and ordered them. I didn't think deeply about sizing as I simply assumed any pair of women's shoes would be too small for me. Then they arrived and I took one look and thought they might fit. They did, perfectly in fact. I took two steps and realized that I had a physical challenge on my hands. I was taking a lot of yoga and alignment classes at the time so they fit (sic) right into my training regimen and within a couple of months I was able to wear them outside and around.

-MJ

My sisters size 8 1/2 3" platform leather sandals with quarter strap. I think it was around 1977 or 1978. She caught me in them . She said if you are going to wear heels let me show you how to walk in them and she did. She eventually gave the sandals to me and I put another 100 miles on them. I wish I could find an exact pair in a size 12. I had so much fun wearing her old heels.:wave:

I'm going to assume heels means any shoes specifically labeled for females. This being the premise, as a toddler I remember having the desire to wear my sister's black patent Mary Janes, so I put them on even though at that time I didn't know how to buckle the straps. They felt really good on my feet and they looked spectacular. The heels may have been as high as seven sixteenths of an inch. Being a toddler, I didn't understand the idea of ownership, so there were many quarrels over who could wear the Mary Janes. Of course, I lost the times it was important for my sister to wear them and I had to wear the shoes I hated. However, when the heels would no longer fit my sister, I took ownership and wore them all the time, until they couldn't be worn any more. I have wanted heels on my feet ever since and the rest is history.

My story is so similar that I won't repeat it.

I was in my 20s and seeing a woman. I always tried to get her to wear sexy heels, and one day she said I should get a pair if I liked them that much. So I went to NYC and bought a pair of bone pumps -- nothing special. This was before the internet, so it was harder to get information; had I only known about places like Lee's Mardi Gras.

I told her I had done it and she had me put them on. When she saw me, she was not pleased. We stayed together for another year, but she was never happy with the fact that I wanted to wear high heels.

I was in my 20s and seeing a woman. I always tried to get her to wear sexy heels, and one day she said I should get a pair if I liked them that much. So I went to NYC and bought a pair of bone pumps -- nothing special. This was before the internet, so it was harder to get information; had I only known about places like Lee's Mardi Gras.

I told her I had done it and she had me put them on. When she saw me, she was not pleased. We stayed together for another year, but she was never happy with the fact that I wanted to wear high heels.

That's really too bad but I can relate.

My other major fetish is catsuits and in the mid-late '90s I briefly dated a woman who wore them every day. She enjoyed showing off her fit bod, and was confident to walk around town just in boots and catsuit. I loved wearing catsuits too and after a long haul, I had gotten my body in shape to wear them regularly too. One afternoon I wore one to meet her to do some shopping. We got soooo many compliments as "the superhero couple." But when we were planning our next date, I was instructed to wear jeans and told that would be my dress code. We lasted only a few more dates. She had a rigid definition of masculinity and it wasn't negotiable.

-MJ

My "first" pair was my mothers brown block heel knee boots. I was probably 6 or 7 years old when I first tried them on even though they were way too big for me. I would sneak and wear them any chance I got. Eventually those boots did fit me as did all of her other shoes and boots. I'll never understand quite what the infatuation was but I know for sure that it's never gone away.

the first pair of heels i wore was when i was about 13. My mom wasnt into heels so she only had mostly flats and some 2 inch kitten heels. Guess thats why i was so fascinated seeing women especially many of my aunts in those glamourous 80's sexy shoes. visited my aunt for a holiday and found some of her heels under the bed. took the into the bathroom and put them on. It was awesome and excilerating. they came looking for me about an hour later. told hem was in the bath. did not get caught and after thjat took every oppertunity to get into those sexy shoes. Pity my holiday ended two weeks later but by that time i was hooked.

Firstly, thanks to all you guys who have posted. Your stories make very interesting and entertaining reading.

What is most fascinating about the comments here, is that it would seem that the 'first steps in high heels' seem to be the same for both girls and boys. In fact there is a common 'secret' aspect to both sexes initial experiences of high heels.

Many of you have posted about 'borrowing' your Mum's, Sister's or other female relation's high heels, and I have to say that it's the same for girls. After all, what other role models did any of us all have?

I didn't have an elder Sister, I was the oldest - but - my first experience of high heels was when I was around 8 or 9 years old, sneaking into my Mum's bedroom when she and my Dad were out for a while, and trying on her high heels.....and make-up.

Whilst they were far too big for me at that age, the sense of wonder at all those pretty things, the excitement and feelings of empowerment was quite intoxicating. That, and the hilarity over my tentative steps, more falling about than mincing about! However, I was amazed at how quickly walking (well...shuffling) in high heels came to me...and I think if you ask the other girls here they will say similar things about borrowng their Mum's or older Sister's heels.

Luckily, my Mother wasn't a prude around things like this, and by the time I was 15 or 16, high heels (boots and party heels), had become an almost essential part of my teenage wardobe. This of course was accelerated by the 'discovery' of boys...and their attraction to girls in high heels!

The rest, as they say - is history.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"