Strap or Strapless

LailaLily

Let me be the first to answer that. First of all, welcome to the coolest site in town. As for me, I prefer straps and all my shoes have straps because I like the way they feel and look. On women, I think they look more sexy than just a pump. It adds that extra appeal. Second, not to get off subject, BUT, I will never, never again deal with howcool. They are rude and have a charge for everything and costumer service is pathetic. Thank you. Good ? btw.

real men wear heels

no i dont think u got off topic at all!!! You know i never used Howcool.com..I usually purchase off or snaz75 or others....if i trust a site...I wont leave it...But i have never purchased from howcool. I dont think i want to either!! thanks for the advice

Straps on pumps? No real purpose as a good fitting pump doesn't need one. All the ankle straps do is visually shorten your legs. For this reason I prefer no-straps across the ankles in any high heels. Mind you I wear skirt suits with my heels so it's essential to present my legs well. Thats my thoughts anyway. rgds Heel-Lover

I find it impossible to choose one or the other. A classic well-shaped strapless shoe on a lady's foot is a joy to behold. Adding the strap does not, in my view, make the shoe any better or worse, only different. In my own humble view, there is something so very, very sexy about a single, double or even triple ankle strap. So I can only suggest that rather then deciding on on estyle or the other, make sure your wardrobe is well stocked with at least one pair of each!!

Thank you!! I have had soo many different views...which really helps alot...and I have heard about that idea of ankle straps visually cutting your leg, causing ur leg to look shorter...I heard it from a fashion expert on STYLE. Some prefer with and some prefer without. But ive always loved a red pump...something about a red pump screams HOT!!! those Jessica rabbit red pumps. Im not a big fan of white pumps:unsure: I like 1.Black 2.red 3.leopard

I personally like them both. Those red pumps you mentioned are on fire!!! One thing about ankle straps I've noticed when my wife wears hers. The shape of the ankle changes depending on if you are carrying your weight or not. So when you're sitting down, they have to be a little loose, because when you stand up the ankle might expand a little. So it's either that they'll be loose when sitting down or tight when standing up. There's a tradeoff. Some of my wife's shoes have a little bit of hidden elastic for this very purpose, but not all do. Someone else mentioned it and I think it's true, that straps on a pump that tall are getting into kinky/fetish/bondage territory. Which to me is why I like them.

Hello LailaLily,

I am very passionate and particular about the pumps I really like. Depending on the style you can't beat the strapless look. The elegance and beauty far surpasses any picture, especially when they are in your presence. Everyone, and I do mean everyone old enough to wear high heels, should have strapless pumps in many heights, colors, and textures in their choice of footwear to go out in.

My next, not second, but rather the other passions are the Mary Jane high stiletto heeled pumps. The strap is about 1cm or less wide over the middle of the instep and it is attached at one end and has an appropriate slim buckle to fashen the loose end securely. This site brings me back to my first loved Mary Janes as a young child of about 3.5 years old. When the strap can be pivoted or rotated to fit around the heel area to give the illusion of strapless pumps, I am beside myself with joy for this optional feature.

The ankle strap secures the high heeled pump onto the foot and is still kind of creating the strapless illusion, when worn with jeans, pants, or close to floor length skirts and dresses. I love the ankle strap more for its purpose, rather than for its styling quality.

Sometimes a pump will have a strap positioned across the toe, which can be very attractively becoming.

So! Have you made up my mind as to which one I like the best? (It's probably the one I have on at the time you read this post.)

I know you have already made your decision on your shoes (and a good one I might add) however, my solution is simple...get both! Since you bought the red strappless (and I LOVE red shoes) get the black with the strap. I know its expensive and will fill the closet quite quickly, but it will only leave the decision about which to ware...:smile:

Style is built from the ground up!

Though the lines look a little better on strapless, I prefer strapped as they are more likely to stay securely on your foot. Re: Howcool, I purchased from them some time back and had no problems. The only issue is when a shoe was out of stock, they had to wait for that "slow boat from China".

Though the lines look a little better on strapless, I prefer strapped as they are more likely to stay securely on your foot.

Re: Howcool, I purchased from them some time back and had no problems. The only issue is when a shoe was out of stock, they had to wait for that "slow boat from China".

realllllllllly??????? ohh so thats what it is....actually everytime i check that site there for a shoe for example..it is either in stock or it says "special order":-?

Hmmmm... Every time I wanted a pair of shoes or boots, they were out of stock too. One time, after 3 months, they got it in and I canceled my order so they charged me a 10.00 re stocking fee. Nice people! Great to do business with. NOT!!!!!!! HOW NOT SO COOL

real men wear heels

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

I find it impossible to choose one or the other. A classic well-shaped strapless shoe on a lady's foot is a joy to behold. Adding the strap does not, in my view, make the shoe any better or worse, only different. In my own humble view, there is something so very, very sexy about a single, double or even triple ankle strap. So I can only suggest that rather then deciding on on estyle or the other, make sure your wardrobe is well stocked with at least one pair of each!!

I love ankle straps on heels; when I went to buy my first pair I went to get a simple black ankle strap, but found a double strap. Its looks great and feels wonderful. I want a triple ankle strap now.

http://cdn2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/167/939/875/0wJZ.jpg

Six inches of heel is a little more than I am able to handle. On a pump I prefer strapless because it appears daring pushhing the envelope of walking out of the shoe. And that is probably why I love a mule with very open toes and even a slide (I think that I have it right) like a closed pump with no back. E

I have always been an admirer of the strap styles. I think it goes back to kindergarten when I made the mistake during a game of not knowing what "black patent shoes" meant and got out of my seat to skip around knowing I had on black shoes just not the black shiny Mary-Janes that were very common as daily school shoes for girls in the mid/late 1950's. I wished at that time I had been wearing some so I would not have made the mistake. The first pair of shoes I obtained was called " A Trio of Tiny Straps" in a Montgomery Wards catalog in 1970. Oh, those straps...

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

A lot of my heels have straps of one style or another from Mary Jane straps on pumps to a normal ankle strap on nearly all my platform sandals to a t-strap on some open-toe pumps to slingback straps on many of my wedge heels. I also like the the strapless mule or "slide". I mean what could be better than an open-toe mule to slip your foot into on a warm day and soak up the sun?? Call it an impromptu pedicure inspection! HappyinHeels:wave: