Oct/07 Marie Claire Spanish Edition

canadianbeaver17

I stumbled upon this. It is from the Oct/07 Marie Claire Spanish Edition. From what I gathered, they took guys and put them in heels for a day to see how they did and the response they get. The article is in spanish, but this blogger does have some english notes about it.

Here is the link to the article: http://marbellastyle.blogspot.com/2007/10/men-on-heels.html .

Here are the pics:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_rs1S3sX8Pfg/RweYOrSjT2I/AAAAAAAADTg/6WE9fhKwtsE/s1600-h/DSCF1715.JPG

http://bp3.blogger.com/_rs1S3sX8Pfg/RweZn7SjT5I/AAAAAAAADT4/dRBSLpkCbHI/s1600-h/scan0004.jpg

http://bp0.blogger.com/_rs1S3sX8Pfg/RweZSLSjT4I/AAAAAAAADTw/wPo31AaGK0M/s1600-h/scan0005.jpg

http://bp0.blogger.com/_rs1S3sX8Pfg/RweaHLSjT6I/AAAAAAAADUA/YJgXurD9SZM/s1600-h/scan0003.jpg

Thanks for threading this info. There has got to be a lot of male heeling activities out there, but hardly any of them break into the world news. Some how, there has to be a way of telling society, there are large groups of interested people wanting to be up on any tidbit about men in heels. The more news coverage, the more publicity, the more society is aware, the more common it seems, the more easily heelers can be publicly active; thus we are no longer the exception, but main streamed into the social scene and ours dreams of being socially accepted when we don our four to five inchers will be realized. OK! So I am being a bit simplistic, but it could happen! You know it is our right to choose what we wear as long as the choice doesn't cause harm to others or doesn't usurp other people's choices with regards to what they want to wear. Society has completely forgot this principle of an individual's domain.

cb17 Thanks a million for that gem of a find!!! Lets go show our support at the blog and add in our own two cents in the comments section.

The response in the comments section seems good too! :smile:

That will make a great addition to the myspace bulletin as well. Wonder if there are any spanish speaking members here who can take the time to interpret the passage for us?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Thanks for threading this info.

There has got to be a lot of male heeling activities out there, but hardly any of them break into the world news. Some how, there has to be a way of telling society, there are large groups of interested people wanting to be up on any tidbit about men in heels. The more news coverage, the more publicity, the more society is aware, the more common it seems, the more easily heelers can be publicly active; thus we are no longer the exception, but main streamed into the social scene and ours dreams of being socially accepted when we don our four to five inchers will be realized. OK! So I am being a bit simplistic, but it could happen!

You know it is our right to choose what we wear as long as the choice doesn't cause harm to others or doesn't usurp other people's choices with regards to what they want to wear. Society has completely forgot this principle of an individual's domain.

Fully agree with you Histeletto.

Maybe during the heelmeet, we should try to bring it in the open via the international press. I think there are lots more people out there who share your opinion but rather like to stay in the closed, just because the bigger public is to narrowminded....

FL

FoxyLady

Fascinating, utterly fascinating. A truly eyeopening piece. Perhaps something like that can lend hope and creedence to the belief that heel wearing men can be seen as anything other than oddities. A brilliant feature!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Maybe during the heelmeet, we should try to bring it in the open via the international press. FL

Perhaps one of the organizers should give a "head's up" to the local (U.K.) newspapers?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

They follow all the threads, so they will see this one as well. Maybe they will...

FL:thumbsup:

Who is "they" and how do you know?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, I've certainly read this. My view is that it's hard enough getting closeted freestylers out, let alone out where the media might be. I mean we have guys that find it a challenge to wear their heels at 3:00 am at some obscure rest stop off the highway. :smile: Imagine the challenge in generating and retaining future attendance with the media present? It might actually scare people away from attending if there was a risk of major public exposure. So for the moment and with all due respect, I don't favor media presence at the meet. I'm open to hear what iloveboots has to say on this.

Perhaps one of the organizers should give a "head's up" to the local (U.K.) newspapers?

Nay, Nay and thrice Nay!

I don't fancy seeing my face in the Daily Scum under a pun-tastic banner headline such as "Dude Looks like a Lady" or whatever.

Spreading awareness is one thing, opening ourselves and our high-heeling / freestyling community(?) up to public ridicule is another.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

cb17 Thanks a million for that gem of a find!!! Lets go show our support at the blog and add in our own two cents in the comments section.

The response in the comments section seems good too! :smile:

That will make a great addition to the myspace bulletin as well. Wonder if there are any spanish speaking members here who can take the time to interpret the passage for us?

Anybody got this translated yet? I'm really curious whether the tone of the article is mocking, deferential or supportive.

KH, you've got to get this on the myspace page. When I Googled "heels on men" I saw that the Mirabella blogger had offered original photo scans to Bryanboy. Maybe she would offer the same to you, which would be much better than the scans from the printed magazine.

Ok, I get the fashion attention with the guys in heels and dressed in designer clothes and shoes. Not such a big deal overall, but i hope they didn't really make that guy ride the motorcycle with those shoes on, and without a helmet?! Now that had to have been just for the photo.

Anybody got this translated yet? I'm really curious whether the tone of the article is mocking, deferential or supportive.

KH, you've got to get this on the myspace page. When I Googled "heels on men" I saw that the Mirabella blogger had offered original photo scans to Bryanboy. Maybe she would offer the same to you, which would be much better than the scans from the printed magazine.

I've already written her an email requesting the original scans for use on myspace page. Will wait and write back if I don't hear from her in a timely fashion.

Hi Kneehighs,

You said it perfectly.

david & cathy

Well, I've certainly read this. My view is that it's hard enough getting closeted freestylers out, let alone out where the media might be. I mean we have guys that find it a challenge to wear their heels at 3:00 am at some obscure rest stop off the highway. :smile: Imagine the challenge in generating and retaining future attendance with the media present? It might actually scare people away from attending if there was a risk of major public exposure.

So for the moment and with all due respect, I don't favor media presence at the meet. I'm open to hear what iloveboots has to say on this.

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

The translation to the main article title is:

Men with High Heels

What about it?

They did'nt know what it is to walk over 8 centimeters or more.

Since now.

We put to the test the male resistence.

The article refers to a test with some show business guys, known in their country, who have to put high heels and use them during the day so they can express their impressions. For example, we can read over one of the photos (the guy seated with a nice pair of peep toe pumps):

"For sure there are girls that would like to have a guy in heels around home, but I don't think it will be a common thing. It is too much feminine and sophisticated for us."

An other guy states (the one standing with fantastic block heel black pumps):

"To put a high heel and go buy a newspaper, for example? I did it. I think that we men will not use them just for cultural reasons, but I see myself good with them."

So, in my opinion, the tone of the article is not one of the 3 options you have stated. I would say it's just a "woman's magazine" curiousity with some promotional career exposition for the guys involved.

Hope I helped. As english is not my native language, plese forgive any mistakes.

Best regards,

Celso

Well, I've certainly read this. My view is that it's hard enough getting closeted freestylers out, let alone out where the media might be. I mean we have guys that find it a challenge to wear their heels at 3:00 am at some obscure rest stop off the highway. :smile: Imagine the challenge in generating and retaining future attendance with the media present? It might actually scare people away from attending if there was a risk of major public exposure.

So for the moment and with all due respect, I don't favor media presence at the meet. I'm open to hear what iloveboots has to say on this.

Kneehighs,

I have to admit I was a little to eager to try to involve the media into the heelmeet. I didn't even think of the direct challenge. I also am a little weary to come out and wear my stilettos in public, so yes I support your oppinion.

FL

FoxyLady

Hi Celso Great to see another brazilian guy here in this forum. Today there are: DeSalto, Kennard, Gony and me. Welcome and tell us some more about you!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Hi Celso

Great to see another brazilian guy here in this forum.

Today there are: DeSalto, Kennard, Gony and me.

Welcome and tell us some more about you!

I'm a mechanical engineer, 53 years old, married. I admired high heels since I was a child, probably due to the fact that my mother had a lot of them and I used to sleep in a room where she had them stored. I bought my first pair more than 20 years ago. My actual wife found them before we got married and made such a fuss about it that I discarded them. Some years ago I started buying them again and now I have about ten pairs. She knows I use them when she's not at home and she still hates it but as the years go by, she complains less and less about it.

I have been reading the posts from this HHPlace for some time and some discussions have helped me a lot, to the point that I am now able to use some black Oxfords with 8 centimeters block heels to go anywhere during the day. Only once I got some giggling from two young women passing by as they were fully exposed while I was riding a motorcicle. Used with bluejeans and while walking normally, nobody seems to notice them or simply do not care.

OK, so in which cities are you 4 living?

Regards.

(...)

OK, so in which cities are you 4 living?

Regards.

I'm from Sao Paulo, DeSalto is from Rio de Janeiro, Gony is from Belo Horizonte and Kennard is from somewhere in the northeast (I don't remember now).

Many thanks for your participation here and, by the way, your city?

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Many thanks for your participation here and, by the way, your city?

Sorry, I was sure I said I'm from Rio de Janeiro. Also, there is another brazilian guy with a nickname WOZ in the Hellos, Goodbyes & Introductions section. Good luck to us all.

One more step in the right direction..

I do hope someone will find the time to translate it..

Hi,

I finally got the time to translate the text that appears on one of the links:

Asier Newman, male performer in "Chaotic Anne", the last film from Julio Medem, has it not so clear. "I believe that women will always use high heels. It's like make-up, it helps so much looking good that one cannot give up using it. They have such a cultural attractiveness that, for me, girls with nice legs when using some good high heels, turn themselves into superwomen", he tells.

The english actor cannot find the balance point over the shoes which had been given him by the stylist. "I go with care, thinking about every move in order not to break a leg. Yes, I feel myself higher, in every sense".

The five guys agree with the same difficulty, but also that, once getting over the pain, the sensation is positive. Since the first high heels were created betwee the end of the 16th century and the beginning of the 17th, it is one of womens's most desired elements, even if, when they choose them, they think more about fashion than health. According to a recent survey by the FICE (Spanish Shoe Industry federation), about 75% of women give so much importance to shoes that they consider them a good indicator of their personality.

"I don't believe that a man will use them" - says Asier Newman - "it's too much feminine and sophisticated for our way of being. I heard that in Cuba there are some shoes with some high heels for men that dance, and there are shorty people that use elevators, but to the viewer, is like they wear nothing. No, to the guys in general, I don't believe it. You walk differently, whatever you do. By the way, I am wishing to take them out."

IN SEARCH OF THE ATTRACTIVENESS

In the opposite side is actor Israel Rodriguez, very popular thanks to the series "I'm Bea" with two films to be released before the end of this year and, possibly, the one which has a more clear view that the guys do not use high heels for cultural motives exclusively.

"For sure, I put some for the first time when an ex-fiancée, to whom they pleased, have brought them to me to see if I could learn. I felt like I relocated all my body and I never had the sensation I was going to fall. It was such a sensation that, if it was more well seen, I would be the first man to use them" - he assures - "Man, you see, I don't like to be badly regarded, because I have gasoline instead of blood, and I dress quickly, but I know that I would do it. We men have a big disadvantage: women can dress and do what they want while men, at most, we play with the hair style, we cut the beard, and you can even take care of the eyebrow, and with caution. We have to search the attractiveness through an other side, and, why not with some high heels?"

The opinion from Israel is distinct because high heels please him. "I have a very tall fiancée and she has a 35 size feet. Sometimes I have them made in an awesome shop in Madrid, at the end of the Barco street."

OK, that's it. As I said before, nothing serious, just another "women magazine" filler.

Once again, excuse me for any english mistakes.

Regards,

Celso