Can you remember your first pair of heels ?

Skirted-UK

Can you remember your first pair of heels? Mine was back in the early sixties, they were a pair of stiletto heel sandals with a 3" heel ( I thought they were really high at the time.) I had to put a piece of black leather in the front straps to make them wide enough for me. After that I bought a pair of 4" heel black sandals and modified them the same way, but it took me some time to master them. The heels were slim but flared out to a 1" wide base with a plastic tip, they also had a 1/2" platform. The plastic heel tips soon wore out and I had to make some steel ones to replace them. I cut the new heel tips out of 3 1/16" steel plate, they took a long time to grind into shape and make, but the noise they made was sensational. The next pair of heels I bought was a fetish pair of 6" heel black patent pumps, which I bought by mail order. But they were too high for me and I stuck to 4" heels after that.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

The first pair I bought was when I was abut 16. I ordered them though the Montgomery -Wards Catalog and picked them up at the local store. They were navy blue pumps with about a 2" block style heel. It was all I could find in my size.

I tried on a pair of my mum's boots at the age of 5 and would sneak in to wear them whenever I could, usually when mum was in the garden hanging out the washing as I could watch her from the bedroom window and take them off when I saw her coming in. This continued until my early teens until I outgrew her shoes, she takes a UK7 which is quite big for a woman so I was lucky, however I could still get into her gorgeous high heel sandals until my 20s. My first pair was a pair of mens' cowboy boots with a very daring 3" tapering cuban heel. I wore them everywhere.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember oh so well! My Mom gave me a pair of red court shoes to play with when I was 3 or 4. I remember clicking all around the house on our wood floor in them and later playing out side in them. I love my Mom for that. LOL

real men wear heels

first proper heels were about 1972, black platform laceups with wood heels from ken market, then 4" burgundy platform boots from wardour st, i think, then onwards and upwards from there. 6" platform boots from kings road, a regular wear out in mid 70s well you could see the bands better too...

The first pair of boots I wore was when I was about 2 years old. I even had a picture taken with them on. After that I wore my mother's boots and heels until they didn't fit. The first pair of heels I bought were a pair of red patent thigh high boots made of PVC or a similar material.

The first shoes I tried on were a pair of red heels of my mothers when I was around seven. The first heels I bought were a pair of 2" black heels from payless at sixteen when I separated from my mother in the mall to buy her a birthday present.

Golly, you folks sure know how to keep the rusty old, creaky memory gears grinding. I remember finding a pair of my mother's heels in a closet somewhere when I was about 10. They were red peeptoe slings with about 3" heels. I do remember that it took some practice before I could even stand-up in them. Since my mother had already abandoned them, I simply appropriated them for myself. On other occasions, she would share her shoes with me, but that's another story. As for the first pair of heels I actually owned, I simply can't be sure. I've bought so many and thrown-out so many heels over the last 50 years that memory simply fails. My first guess would be a pair of 3" black patent stilettoes, but that is simply a stab in the dark. I know that there have been times when I've wished I had the money I've invested in heels, only to throw them out - but that, too, is another story.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I was 19 at the time. After first getting to know pumps by invading my sister's closet, I wanted my own pair. I went to a shoe store near my school. I forgot the brand name, but they were generic, probably made in China. Still, i loved them. They were only a 3" heel. I purposely took a backpack to school, just so after school i could go buy the pumps. I got them home, and put them on my feet. It felt really nice! Since then, i have bought probably 50 to 100 pair. Most of them have been famous maker pumps, like Nine West, Allure, Chinese Laundry, Jessica Simpson, and Anne Klein.

I first wore a pair of red shoes which belonged to my cousin as a kind of dare when I was around 11 or 12, they weren't high by the standards here at about 2 inches, but for a boy to wear they were. First pair I bought were around 3" white stilettos but they were a size too small, and although I could get them on, never really enjoyed them. Dumped them in the box, they were still like brand new.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

My mum had an old pair of black leather knee boots with heels that were probably about three inches that she used to let me wear when I was little. She threw them away after a couple of years, but I kept on sneaking into her room and borrowing her shoes and boots until I outgrew them. My aunt however wears a size 7, so I continued wearing hers. My first pair of my own were some cheap and nasty black patent courts with four inch heels that I bought for about £15 "for my girlfriend" when I was about 17. Considering how long I've been wearing heels, it's no wonder I've never managed to quit! ;) Chris

it was in the early 70s apair of white platform sandals in the bargain bin out front of the shoe shop they were $ 9.99 used to wear them in the very early morning before my newspaper round:thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum, Malinheels. ;):o

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels