Watching Self

dr1819

I'm posting this because I noticed some of you apparently enjoy watching yourselves, whether it's in pics or on YouTube. Every time I don a pair of heels, I do take a look in the mirror, but it's usually brief, just a last check that everything is coordinated, and I usually don't repeat that, but rather, go about my business. Whose experiences are the same, or different, and why?

I do enjoy checking out my "look" in the mirror and in store front windows as I walk by. When i am out at a restaurant I will always make a few trips to the washroom mainly just to check out my High Heel thigh high Boots and how they look. Also enjoy photo taking especially out and about in town. There is something about seeing myself in my high heel Boots that is both a confirmation that heck, I look good and also a confidence builder that "I am actually dressed this way"! Cheers, david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I'll take a glance off store windows or mirrors just to make sure my pants haven't ridden up. I'm still at the stage where I like to keep my heels hidden. They're for my enjoyment, the rest of the world can get their own!

Have a happy time!

Well, I've got a simmilar attitude regarding my leathers. I still haven't gone out in what I consider high heels (I mean my 3.5" ankle boots), but sometimes I put them on and look at the mirror, especially when coordinating various outfits. I guess it's kinda narcissistic, but the heck with that- I have fun!.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

I usually take a quick glance in the mirror to make sure all is in it's place, then maybe occasionally another quick one to check. I couldnt give a lesser crap about what others think, these are my feet and I will wear what is comfortable, be it high heels or not.

Heels Are GRRREAT!!!

S.L.

I do like to look at my heels while I'm wearing them, but then I've also been known to just leave out a pair that I like so that I can admire them. I think it's less of a narcissistic thing than just enjoying looking at (in my opinion) a beautiful pair of heels. Chris

I also enjoy seeing myself in heels. Not having a full lenght mirror at home store windows do well. I check the look every chance I get. But, it isn't just myself in heels that I enjoy. I am always on the lookout for anyone in heels to admire. Jim

. . .but then I've also been known to just leave out a pair that I like so that I can admire them. I think it's less of a narcissistic thing than just enjoying looking at (in my opinion) a beautiful pair of heels.

Chris

I do that too -- like a decoration.

Come to think of it, there are a few artists who specialize in images or sculptures of shoes -- and they are always high heels. I've never heard of anybody turning a men's clod-hopper into a work of art!

Have a happy time!

I'm a bit of a primper, regardless of what I'm wearing... I can't really explain it. Though I can't lie, when I'm in the stores trying on shoes, I'm up and down aisles, looking in every mirror I can find, pulling at my pants legs/hems, cross-examining myself as though I were a piece of evidence. I guess when I'm doing something that pushes the envelope so much, I wanna make sure it's a good look. I've backed out of many purchases for this reason.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

When I do, I check to see that the hem on my pants compliments the height of the heel I'm wearing.

Then I'm out...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks that way, my two favourite looks are:-

1. skinnyish jeans that just cover the highest point of the arch. (as it looks like in your avatar)

2. bootleg jeans that hang within 1/4 inch from the ground, just revealing the heel tip, must be pointy toes though IMHO.

I do have a full length mirror beside me which I can see my heels in whilst surfing.

Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

I do like to check myself out if I'm out in heels and if I walk past a big window when working I always think "damn, I wish I was wearing heels!".

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

As I mentioned in another post, seeing myself in the videos I made brought me back to reality. It really helped me see myself as others see me.

I have also posted about walking past the store that has fill length mirrored windows. Did I go out of my way to walk past that store where I saw the reflection of a guy wearing thighboots out in the real world? Well maybe I did but it helped to reinforce that I liked the image I was presenting.

I have been preaching to folks that are new to wearing heels/boots/whatever out in public, that you should look at yourself in a full length mirror and be sure you are comfortable with the look before you ask others to be comfortable with you looking that way.

No, I am not fixated with looking at myself in a mirror. I can’t say I ever understood the fascination with "Mirror Mirror on the wall, Who's the farest of them all?" I do enjoy catching a glimpse of myself in a store mirror as I walk by but what the heck, I do like the look and I can often catch the look of others reacting to my look.

The mirror is the window into the soul (or for this forum into the sole).

Shakespeare

The world if full of fools, and he who would not see it,

Should live alone and smash his mirror.

Claude Le Petite (1640 - 1665)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

i always look at my reflection in those big store front windows when i'm downtown either on the street or in the mall. some windows reflect better than others and i always take a look at my heels and if i'm standing around, i'll stand in a way that i can get a better look at the heel, like a side view! and i wear my jeans so they hang down to the top of the heel, so none of the heel is hidden from view. that is my personal style, whether they are 6 inch heels or 7.5 inch heels.

I think that's a commonplace reaction. Back in the day when I wore heels in public, I enjoyed those furtive glances in windows and storefronts while out and about. I always found that to have been great fun. In my mind, there's nothing wrong with enjoying your reaction, especially when you feel you're looking your best.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I always check my look before heading out. If it's too over the top or ostentatious, I change what I'm wearing. It's not that I'm trying to "blend in." If that were the case, I wouldn't wear heels. It's that I'm trying carry on the tradition of male heel-wearing without drawing undue attention to myself (wearing something would would incite screams of "Eeewwww!") Having been out in 3" to 4" heels more than 300 times with fewer than 5 negative comments, I think I've managed to succeed.

I too check the full length mirror before leaving the house to make sure that my jean pant legs are positioned correctly to show only a half to an inch of heel and to make sure that I won't end up walking on my pant bottoms. There is nothing more that erks me than seeing a male or female with the jean bottoms completely destroyed and tripping over stringy residue and wondering why they are tripping along instead of walking correctly. After I check myself in the mirror, I do an extra check of how I appear to others by asking Mickey if my heels and pants look O.K. Then, of course, I check out the mirrored windows in town or at the Mall every chance I get to see if I am walking correctly. Doesn't everyone? Then, sometimes I catch a glance or two of others in those very same windows. Fantastic! Let it be known that I certainly don't consider this voyerisim or anything else like that. It is just FUN! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!