Boots and Skirts in Public

Thighbootguy

I had to stop at Sam’s again tonight. I wore a black knit shirt, blue denim knee length skirt and black leathe knee boots with 2” block heels. Tonight’s trip was much like last night’s. No one seemed to be bothered. One of the managers always goes out of his way to greet me when he sees me and tonight was no different. The skirt and boots are a very comfortable outfit to wear. I did notice that as I was walking around I never looked down. I think everyone got the idea that I was that comfortable with what I was wearing. :thumbsup:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I had to stop at Sam’s again tonight. I wore a black knit shirt, blue denim knee length skirt and black leathe knee boots with 2” block heels.

Tonight’s trip was much like last night’s. No one seemed to be bothered. One of the managers always goes out of his way to greet me when he sees me and tonight was no different. The skirt and boots are a very comfortable outfit to wear. I did notice that as I was walking around I never looked down. I think everyone got the idea that I was that comfortable with what I was wearing.

:thumbsup:

Ahh! So you've made the switch to knee boots, eh? Judging from the description of your outfit, it sounds like you made a pretty good decision in how you put it all together. How about a picture for all here to see. And yes, as long as you're comfortable and look comfortable in your own skin, that's the important thing.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I had to stop at Sam’s again tonight. I wore a black knit shirt, blue denim knee length skirt and black leathe knee boots with 2” block heels.

Tonight’s trip was much like last night’s. No one seemed to be bothered. One of the managers always goes out of his way to greet me when he sees me and tonight was no different. The skirt and boots are a very comfortable outfit to wear. I did notice that as I was walking around I never looked down. I think everyone got the idea that I was that comfortable with what I was wearing.

Thighbootguy...

I was just curious.I don't want to know the name of the town, but the town you live in, how big is it? I have read your posts, seen your pictures, viewed your videos, and where you have walked by people in your skirts and thighboots, people give you a quick glance and go on their way. Or is it that they are so used to seeing you in public dressed in skirts and boots, that they have just accepted you as this is the way you dress and live with it. I enjoy your posts and videos. You have been one who has inspired me to go different places in high heels. Haven't worn a skirt. There have been some intriguing looks of some of the men members in skirts and heels and boots. I'm just a curious guy.

Roniheels -

Thanks for the kind words.

I live in Northern Kentucky which is part of the Greater Cincinnati area. We think it’s the part that makes Cincinnati greater. The overall population is about 3.5M. It’s large enough to have many diverse neighborhoods and conservative enough that they still take the trees in at night. Mark Twain commented that he wanted to be in Cincinnati when the world ended because things happened in Cincinnati at least 10 later.

The only people that are used to seeing me in thigh boots are the staff at the Cincinnati Art Museum, the staff at the Sam’s I frequent, and maybe the staff at the big thrift emporium. For everyone else (including the patrons at the Museum and other customers at Sam’s) I am a new sighting. I'm not sure anyone is used to seeing me in a skirt.

I really have been surprised by the level of acceptance … that’s not quite the right concept. I really have been surprised by the lack of rejection I receive when I’m wearing thigh boots with heels. Most folks just give a quick glance then go on their own way. I have gotten a few nice complements and there are always the jerks with cell phone cameras but for the most part no one seems to care enough to be bothered.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I really have been surprised by the level of acceptance … that’s not quite the right concept. I really have been surprised by the lack of rejection I receive when I’m wearing thigh boots with heels.

As you may be aware, I do ankle boots under a jean or trouser leg, without exception. I've migrated from a rubber wedge (silent and invisible) to an unbelieveably comfortable but reasonably slim square and fairly noisy heel.

I've worn 'blade' heels too, but both times out they were nearly lethal, with heel skids being all too easy. Next step if there is one, is possbly going to be trying stilletto's out. But why?

I think it's because I have this ugly thought in my head, that's wondering what public "rejection" might actually feel like. :thumbsup:

I've no real idea why, though if pushed, I might be tempted to offer the 'excuse' I'm trying to find out what the worst reaction might be if I went HH 24/7 as it were. The response is pure fantasy of course, as I really don't know why I seem to be drawn, like a moth to something bright. And I just can't see me doing the 24/7 bit, as much as I'd love to.

I suppose the only real way of working out where the boundaries are, is to go beyond them? :smile:

I've worn 'blade' heels too, next step if there is one, is possibly going to be trying stilletto's out. But why? I think it's wondering what public "rejection" might actually feel like.

The response is pure fantasy of course, as I really don't know why I seem to be drawn, like a moth to something bright. And I just can't see me doing the 24/7 bit, as much as I'd love to.

Freddy, a fascinating series of thoughts! I've worn out blades, square and stiletto heels and would LOVE to wear them 24/7; however the wife and public business preclude that. But the simile of a moth to a flame...... equisite reasoning!!! Something like the forbidden fruit, eh?

It's all about the heel!

I've worn 'blade' heels too, but both times out they were nearly lethal, with heel skids being all too easy. Next step if there is one, is possbly going to be trying stilletto's out. But why?

I think it's because I have this ugly thought in my head, that's wondering what public "rejection" might actually feel like. :thumbsup:

Short and sweet: Don't worry about "rejection". If you do, you'll never evolve and be able to fully enjoy wearing heels in public. The simple truth is that ninety-nine percent of the time, the public at large simply doesn't give a damn what sort of shoes you're wearing, the majority of passersby that you'll encounter are too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to care about what you have on your feet. As for the one percent who might notice, more often than not, they won't do anything more than stare or do double takes. That's it. Bottom line: if people don't care, you won't have to worry about rejection.

Heels & work shouldn't be too bad. This side of pond work is prob easier than public to wear whatever u want. I meet outside peeps in heels every now and again. Got local store where pierced, tattooed guy works and so doesn't hide it - why should we - ok so we need more confidence. I agree, most of public aren't bothered if u guy in heels. I'll be out for lunch in 4" stilettos in straight bar great lesbian friend. Nowt like giving it a go.

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

I stopped at Sam’s Monday and Tuesday nights this week.

Monday I was in a hurry and I went in wearing a long sleeved dress shirt, slacks from work and guy shoes. The staff recognized me and greeted me warmly. I went about my shopping and headed out just like all the other customers.

Tuesday I stopped in wearing a knit short sleeved shirt, a white cotton knee length skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The staff recognized me and greeted me warmly. I went about my shopping and headed out just like all the other customers. Other than one woman expressing amusement at the way I was dressed, both shopping trips were the same.

Tuesday’s outfit was more comfortable though.

FF2 -

wondering what public "rejection" might actually feel like.

It all depends on how “thick skinned” you are. If its thick enough, you don’t feel a thing. When I go out I seem to pull on an extra layer that I call self confidence and it protects me from light rejection (giggles and staring). I have never had anyone outwardly challenge me. As I have said, I continually fight complacency and tend to pay attention to where I go but, the more I go out, the more confident I feel. Sometimes going out in thigh boots with 5” stilettos is really just another pair of shoes.

Tuesday I stopped in wearing a knit short sleeved shirt, a white cotton knee length skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The staff recognized me and greeted me warmly. I went about my shopping and headed out just like all the other customers. Other than one woman expressing amusement at the way I was dressed, both shopping trips were the same.

WHA-A-A-A-A-A-A-AT?? No leather skirt?? I'm shocked! :thumbsup:

It all depends on how “thick skinned” you are. If its thick enough, you don’t feel a thing. When I go out I seem to pull on an extra layer that I call self confidence and it protects me from light rejection (giggles and staring). I have never had anyone outwardly challenge me. As I have said, I continually fight complacency and tend to pay attention to where I go but, the more I go out, the more confident I feel.

Bravo! Couldn't have said that better myself. In some ways, a thick skin is pretty much a prerequisite for heeling in public in order to shed the occasional giggle, chuckle, laugh, or, in those extremely rare cases, a negative comment, slur or insult. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been on the receiving end on either, and that's when I'm wearing pants with my heels, I shudder to imagine what the reactions would be if I wore a skirt. Not only do have to have a thick skin, you have to look and act and confident as well, giving off the impression that you're confident enough in your own skin to wear women's shoes goes aa long way towards eliminating the "oddity" factor narrowminded people have when it comes to men in heels.

FF2 -

wondering what public "rejection" might actually feel like.

It all depends on how “thick skinned” you are. If its thick enough, you don’t feel a thing. When I go out I seem to pull on an extra layer that I call self confidence and it protects me from light rejection (giggles and staring). I have never had anyone outwardly challenge me. As I have said, I continually fight complacency and tend to pay attention to where I go but, the more I go out, the more confident I feel. Sometimes going out in thigh boots with 5” stilettos is really just another pair of shoes.

:smile:

Thanks for the response. :wink:

Friday just gone I briefly visited a town called Northampton. I was there about an hour, primarily to visit one shop. [Our equvilent to Macy's I think, called Debenhams.] Usually on my visits out I'm accompanied, this time, I wasn't.

Northampton, the county capital of Northamptonshire, is a notable location because until globalisation moved the worlds shoe production to China, the volume of the UK shoe manufacture was from this county. :-?

Arriving at the town I had a full bladder, and there was certainly a sense of urgency to my step, so much so I was tempted to wear regular shoes to make sure I reached the store, some 1/2 mile [12 minute walk] from the car park. With this thread in mind, I elected to risk it. :thumbsup:

I have to report, I was "made" by more people on this one short walk, than I believe I've been noticed during every other 'adventure' combined.

I'd forgotten how noisy the heels are, only slightly quieter than stiletto's, and I think this was 'the tell'. I got to the store, but I was very aware of myself. Not that it affected my 'performance', let me confirm.

In the store, I made for the toilets immediately. Once relieved, I felt a little more comfortable, and was able to calm down a bit. I tried some shoes, then left.

Returning in the direction of the car meant going past at least 5 people who knew I was wearing heels, 4 of them drinking at a bar table. As I walked past, I nearly brushed cheeks with one of them hanging his upper torso over the waist high hand rail of the open partitioning at the front of the bar, while he smoked a cigarette. Our eyes met, and he recognised me from my upward walk to the store 15 minutes earlier. [i'd seen them all look as I walked next to them the first time, with me surprised I didn't get wolf-whistled as I got passed.] Knowing I got passed a second time unscathed, and that I was being watched, brought a grin to my face.

Seconds later, I saw the girl street beggar I'd also passed not many minutes ago, literally sat on the street corner. I noticed she took a another look at my boots, and then looked up at me so I smiled. Her glum <and rather well-fed> face ensuring I gave her an equally uncharitable response by failing to contribute to her obviously high sugar/high fat diet.

After stopping for a quick chat to the helpful staff here where I hope to buy some 5" heeled boots, I returned to the car. Having 10 minutes left on my paid time, I quickly visited TK Maxx opposite the car park. On the way in, I TWICE caught a stunningly attractive mother of about 25 with child in pushchair, looking at my feet. There might have been a third time, but she looked up to see me watching her the second time. B) The visit was short and fruitless.

I estimated on the day, at least 20 people I saw, definitely recognised my footwear.

Today I was perhaps 15 miles further down the M1 motorway at a new town called Milton Keynes, this time accompanied. Apart from possibly being noticed by four teenagers walking behind me until I changed direction, I might as well have been invisible. Even when sitting in a cafe behind a glass partition on a platform raised 4ft off the main walkway, heels there at shoulder height for everyone to see, I was unnoticed.

I'm not sure if it was the location that made the difference, 'jury is out' on that until I do some more 'lone' streetheeling amongst people. [i usually only walk alone in the very early hours....]

But there's one thing I can confirm, and it's the main reason for this post.....

Streetheeling with a buddy, is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than doing it alone. Not that they didn't have it before, but anyone who goes it alone, has my deepest respect! I'm certainly not looking forward to my next lone venture. :wink1:

With low confidence lately - ok and having to go heeling solo most of the time i haven't been out in heels much. I did brave a quick walk for pub lunch in thin 4" heels just over a week ago but didn't feel comfortable going out. I was definitely spotted. Today I made the effort again. Just in 3" thin heel ankle boots. My confidence was a bit higher so i didn't bother too much about being noticed but was worried when i left the office and had to walk past 4 junkies. I'll hopefully be back out in 4" heels again soon. Not getting out socially lately hasn't helped.

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

I'm getting there. Just bought new pair of Tan 3.5" Knee High boots (see my web page) and after day in work went to pub. Had changed into flatter fem shoes but decided to brave boots when back in pub - so the right move. Bar staff so supportive - and it's a straight bar. I needed that. Watch out Blackpool I'll be out there in a few weeks - haven't decided on what I'm wearing yet.:thumbsup:

went shopping after work this evening. I wore a white long sleeved dress shirt, a black lamb leather skirt, black hose, black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, and carried a black leather shoulder bag. I’e been wanting to try this outfit for several days and this was my first opportunity. I stopped in Sam’s to do some grocery shopping. I wasn’t in a hurry so I took my time wandering around. Folks seemed to notice what I was wearing but were more than willing to ignore it. I was looking for an item and had to ask one of the clerks if it was in stock. He seemed a little unsure about helping me but after talking to him for a few seconds he seemed to relax. He had to get help from another female clerk. They both went looking for the item I wanted and found it. The lady had on a pair of jeans that were split from the cuff all the way up past the knee and really looked neat. I commented that I really liked her jeans and she blossomed and shared that she had found them in a consignment shop. A few minutes later I passed the two clerks again and repeated my thanks for their help. This was my first encounter with these two clerks and I think they well remember the guy in boots favorably. After I had gathered all my stuff I headed for the register and got one of the ladies that knows me well. There was no one else in the line so I asked her, “I know you like long skirts, so other than that what would you change about this outfit?” “Your right, I like long skirts, but I wouldn’t change anything. It looks nice.” I thanked her and headed out to my car. I did get a wolf whistle in the parking lot but I took it as a complement. This was a nice outing. :o

post-928-133522862419_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522862423_thumb.jpg

TBG, it appears you are becoming well known. Watch out, the local newspaper will soon try to do a feature article on you. :o

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

TBG: Impressive as usual! Was that the first time you've used a handbag during an outing, or did I miss that in your past adventures? Wasn't it just a tad warm for that particular outfit you sported, even at night? Inquiring minds wanna know!

TBG:-) I know that I haven't been participating like I used to do, but I am trying to get back into shape as I recouperate with the hope that I can keep this up in the future. As usual---you are looking good and enjoying your heeling in public. I am not able to do that right now and I miss it very much but I do enjoy reading of your heeling adventures. They tell me that It will be a year or more before I fully recover from my back surgery and there may be a possibility that I may never wear heels again, although I'm hoping that I can at least try again later at home. I may have to wear my leg brace the rest of my life. Time will tell. Meanwhile, I will live vicariously through fellows like you, JeffB, and a few others as I have been wearing heels for so many decades that I don't think that you will ever take that out of me completely. It's there to stay. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

TBG:-)

They tell me that It will be a year or more before I fully recover from my back surgery and there may be a possibility that I may never wear heels again, although I'm hoping that I can at least try again later at home. I may have to wear my leg brace the rest of my life. Time will tell.

Dawn HH

Dawn HH

Sorry to hear that, I hope you're up and around in your heels soon!:o

Spiker.

Bubba136 -

A news article on Thighbootguy... AHHHHHHHHH probably my worst nightmare. Gotta keep reminding myself to not become complacent.

JeffB -

I bought that handbag a month or so ago, It’s an Eddie Bauer black leather bag that I suspect was originally a whole lot more than the $2 I paid for it. It feels like a quality item. I have been carrying it, full time (including at work) by the strap in my hand since I bought it but this time I carried the strap on my shoulder. I’m not pushing the transition too fast.

It wasn’t quite too hot but the warmest part of the outfit was the long sleeved dress shirt. I went out recently with a short sleeved T-shirt and the same skirt and boots and that was too hot. I drenched the shirt completely.

DawnHH -

Great to have you posting again and to read that things are going reasonably well. I suspect there are a large number of Lionel trains that are awaiting you attention. I think billyb’s quote speaks for most of us, “You can take the heels off the man but you can't take the man out of the heels.”

:o

JeffB -

I bought that handbag a month or so ago, It’s an Eddie Bauer black leather bag that I suspect was originally a whole lot more than the $2 I paid for it. It feels like a quality item. I have been carrying it, full time (including at work) by the strap in my hand since I bought it but this time I carried the strap on my shoulder. I’m not pushing the transition too fast.

As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with carrying a handbag in the traditional on-the-shoulder method. Do what feels good and feels right to you, and let society draw it's own conclusions.

DawnHH -

Great to have you posting again and to read that things are going reasonably well. I suspect there are a large number of Lionel trains that are awaiting you attention. I think billyb’s quote speaks for most of us, “You can take the heels off the man but you can't take the man out of the heels.”

I echo those sentiments! Welcome back, Dawn! Glad to have you back with us!

I stopped in Sam’s tonight after work to do a little grocery shopping. I wore a white long sleeved shirt, black leather shoulder bag, black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, and a black cloth mid calf length skirt with a slit that came up to the top of my left boot. I can’t see bothering to wear thigh boots if the boots aren’t visible and the slit served that purpose.

The last time I was in Sam’s wearing a short leather skirt I asked one of my favorite cashiers what she thought of the outfit and she said it was Ok but she liked longer skirts. So I wandered around the store doing my shopping. I had to ask one of the clerks to restock an item I wanted because the folks right in front of mer took the last one off the shelf. The clerk (a guy) didn’t seemed bothered about helping a a guy in a skirt and heels.

When I made it to the register, there was a long line so I got to just stand around a bit, which is part of the fun. When I finished checking out I asked the register clerk if this outfit was any better. She said, “It’s just perfect, I wouldn’t change a thing.”

I thanked her and headed out to the car.

A digression:

I hadn’t stopped to think about the differences in long skirts. I have a couple of ankle length skirts with no skit that I rarely wear and when I compared them to the one I wore tonight I concluded that the long skirt without the slit is a more casual garment then the one with the slit. The slit is there to make a bold statement about the leg or in my case my boot. The skirt with no slit makes the statement that I’m being conservative and showing nothing. I guess it follows that the shorter the skirt the bolder the statement about the leg or boot. Maybe that’s why I wear shorter skirts with my boots.

It was a fun shopping trip.

I wonder what black ballet boots and a Scotish Plad Kilt would look like? Perhaps I might give it a try. I'm not into skirts but Guys do ware Kilts so I think I could handle one. I'm not sure what my wife would think!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5T45nKeUQc'>Thighbootguy Watering the Flowerbed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssGPUxrk4Dw'>Thighbootguy goes to Walgreen’s and Sam’s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5TSC0CNPMc'>Thighbootguy takes a walk in the park

TBG:-) LOOKING GOOD!!! I couldn't bring up your first video for some reason even after trying several times. Both Mickey and I viewed your other two videos with interest. Cudos. You walk well in heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I had a very nice outing this evening. I was really missing wearing a short leather skirt so I went shopping after work wearing a black suede skirt that is 18” long, a black sleeveless turtleneck, white hose and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. This is basic black and white so it’s kind of hard to mess it up. I caught a reflection of myself in several store windows and I think the outfit really looked good. I stopped at Bigg’s. I haven’t been in the store for months and there was an entirely new staff (at least new to me). As I walked down one isle a lady spotted me coming towards her and I offered her a smile which she amplified and returned. I know your not going to believe this but there was no other reaction, and I had to walk the full depth of the store and back. No one seemed uncomfortable and the register clerk chatted with me as she did with the other customers in the line. By the way, I did take JeffB’s advice. I walked with smaller steps and lead with my toe so that the heel and sole almost landed together. I also pulled my shoulders back and my stomach in which really enhanced the overall look (THANKS Jeff). Next I stopped at Sam’s and again took my time walking in and strolling up and down the isles. I did overhear one “What the hell is that” comment but that happens. Other than that, nothing. The manager greeted me warmly as he always does. I spotted a register clerk I knew and got in her line. As she was ringing my stuff up I asked her, “What would you change about this look?” I had asked her opinion before so she wasn’t surprised by the question. She gave me a quick look and said, “Add some accessories, a necklace, earrings,...” I thanked her and headed out to the car to load my stuff. I drive a small station wagon and the rear opens upward. After I loaded the stuff in the back I closed the lid but it didn’t go all the way down. I resisted the temptation to close it with my foot like I normally would. I think it really would have blown the image. Going out like this is getting to be more fun all the time. It used to be the hardest decision was whether to get out of the car. Now the hardest decision is what to wear. :o

Besides blowing your image, 5" spike heels would be a bit hard on the body work. I don't think a gal in heels would use that method to close a gate on a wagon either. Cheers--- Dawn HH

By the way, I did take JeffB’s advice. I walked with smaller steps and lead with my toe so that the heel and sole almost landed together. I also pulled my shoulders back and my stomach in which really enhanced the overall look (THANKS Jeff).

Glad to have been of assistance!

Going out like this is getting to be more fun all the time. It used to be the hardest decision was whether to get out of the car. Now the hardest decision is what to wear.

Well, if that's the case, may I offer this bit of advice----ACCESSORIZE!!! Heh!