Boots and Skirts in Public

Thighbootguy

I really do have a weakness for leather skirts.

I was in the Goodwill the other day and they had clothing 50% off. I found this tan suede skirt that matched my jacket and it still had the original stores price tag on it. My total cost was $2.11. The laces on the sides are functional.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I'm not a real fan of ankle boots except under jeans but I think the taller ones look great with both the long and short skirt.

I just had a great day.

I attended an IBM technical conference with some co workers and got my head stuffed with all sorts of technical geek fluff. The conference was on the north side of Cincinnati Oh. so it was well away from work.

When I got up this morning I thought it would be fun to go out with the new skirt I just bought and a pair of thigh boots so I tried a couple of outfits and decided on a black turtleneck, tan leather suede skirt, matching tan suede jacket, black tights and lack leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. This outfit really looked nice, if I do say so myself.

At the conference I wore the turtleneck , slacks and guy shoes then changed after the conference was over.

The first place I went was Joseph-Beth’s Booksellers which is a great book store in Cincinnati. The store is a in an outdoor mall that has a big parking lot (600-800 cars). I parked in the middle of the lot and walked to the store. I passed several people and no one even glanced. I went into the store and headed for the computer book’s section. There was a lady sitting on the bench in front of the shelf where my books of interest were and she asked, “Am I in your way”?

“Not at all” and I started to select a book. She moved over so I could sit down. I grumbled about the limited selection and she agreed. We chatted about the books for a minute and I finally found what I was looking for after getting up several times. She didn’t seem upset, concerned, or even to notice what I was wearing. We said “bye” and I headed for the checkout. No one in the store did more than glance. The register clerk was helpful as usual. The most notice I got was when I held the door open for someone and then it was gust a quick glance.

I headed back out into the sidewalk that runs around the parking lot and headed for a Shoe Carnival which was at the other end of the mall. Still no one gave a second glance. In the shoe store the manager greeted me as I walked in and I headed over to the boot’s section. The largest I could find was an 11 and I selected a laced knee boot that looked nice and tried on a pair. Taking off a thigh boot while wearing a short skirt is a challenge but I managed. Unfortunately the 11 was a small 11 and there was no way it would fit. I pulled my boot back on and returned the 11s to the shelf. A few shoppers passed by but no one seemed to be bothered (or even curious).

As I left the store I held the door open for a lady that did give me a smile then a quick head to foot glance and got a puzzled look on her face. I walked across the parking lot to a Longhorn Steakhouse that was at the other end of the mall. I was dogging moving cars all the way.

I walked into the restaurant and the head water gave me a very quick glance and then seated me. That restaurant had the slickest floor I have ever encountered. I had a heel kickout three times as soon as I started walking. I normally place the heel tip on the floor then let the sole hit the floor as I am transferring weight to the foot. I quickly changed my stride to mot transfer weight until the sole was firmly on the floor. I did have to walk across the main dinning area to get to my both. Several folks looked up from their meal’s but quickly found the food more interesting than me. The waitress came and I ordered and had a nice dinner. As I was starting to eat I did ask her if my boots were a problem and she looked down at them and said, “Not at all”.

Anyway, I finished my meal and walked out with only one heel kickout. The head waiter said “Goodnight” as I left. I was starting to think that guys wearing boots and a skirt came in there all the time but I didn’t ask.

It was one more trip across the parking lot to my car. All in all I was there for about an hour and a half and no one said a thing. I really did enjoy the evening.

I’m still struggling with why I enjoy doing this as much as I do and why I’m writing this post. I recognize they are both signs of my treading on thin ice and that I do have a weakness for wearing leather skirts. But, I did have a fun uneventful outing.

I really did enjoy going out last night so this morning I put on black tights, the tan suede skirt, a long sleeved denim shirt and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. I put on my tan suede jacket and walked out to the car.

I stopped at Bigg’s on the way to work to get some lunch stuff. I parked and walked in and had to walk the full width of the store (several hundred feet). Several clerks saw me and returned a smile. Several of the senior managers (I think that’s who they were) kind of grimiest but returned a smile. I got my stuff and then walked the width of the store again to the lady’s department where I knew the clerk on duty. One of the clerks I passed that has seen me many times looked a little surprised but returned my smile. When I found the clerk in the lady department I said, “Thanks for the help the other day”.

She took a quick glance at what I was wearing and said, “I was glad I could help.”

“Could I get your opinion on this (I indicated my clothes), does it go together?”

She looked me over and said, “Yeah it looks good together” but I sensed she was a little stressed.

“So other than the fact that a guy is wearing it, It looks Ok?” that got a big smile and removed the sterss.

“Yep, other than a guy wearing it, it looks fine.”

I thanked her and headed for the checkout. As it turned out my two favorite register clerks were at the same register. They greeted me warmly and when the checkout was done I asked, “Other then a guy wearing this, does it look Ok?”

The one clerk who has previously told me to “loose the skirt” replied, “Yeah it looks nice, the jacket matched the little skirt and the boots are long enough to keep you warm… Yeah it works.” I did notice her choice of works “little skirt”. I thanked them and walked back out to my car and changed into slacks and guy shoes and headed for work.

As I’m reading this I’m thinking YOU DID WHAT!! I guess the madness comes and goes. I really am captivated by the image stefani boots persents.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

thighbootguy: Words fail me in trying to describe the wonder I felt while reading your latest posts. The fact that you go out in leather skirts and thigh boots and make it all seem as normal as Joe Public wearing Levis and Timberlands. Remarkable! What's even more remarkable was the near total lack of responses from passersby. Amazing! The courage you exhibit in your outings far outstrips anything I've ever done, or ever will do. And I'm serious about that. You mentioned how you're struggling with your love for wearing leather skirts and that you might be treading on thin ice, I fully understand your trepidation, having journeyed to the edge a year ago. I can only suggest being careful and cautious and doing your best not to go overboard. I can imagine that what I suggest can be difficult, but I'm sure you can find it in you to regain control before you lose yourself. We've both looked into that particular abyss and the view isn't pretty.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

As I’m reading this I’m thinking YOU DID WHAT!! I guess the madness comes and goes. I really am captivated by the image stefani boots persents.

She has committed to transition, from what I can fathom. That's a rather serious step. If that's what you want, go for it. I caution you to take at least (as an absolute minimum) of a year before you commit, as it's a rather final action. Local laws might require additional constraints.

I can only suggest being careful and cautious and doing your best not to go overboard. I can imagine that what I suggest can be difficult, but I'm sure you can find it in you to regain control before you lose yourself. We've both looked into that particular abyss and the view isn't pretty.

Wise words, JeffB! A personal choice of fashion is one thing. When it becomes the focus of our entire waking lives (or even any significant portion), it's no longer a choice, but has become a compulsion.

Wise words, JeffB! A personal choice of fashion is one thing. When it becomes the focus of our entire waking lives (or even any significant portion), it's no longer a choice, but has become a compulsion.

Not only that, it no longer becomes enjoyable either. And enjoyment is part of why we indulge in freestyle fashion in the first place.

I really do have a weakness for leather skirts.

I was in the Goodwill the other day and they had clothing 50% off. I found this tan suede skirt that matched my jacket and it still had the original stores price tag on it. My total cost was $2.11. The laces on the sides are functional.

Posted Image

Do you mean this actual jacket or a different jacket?

Just my opinion but none of this looks co-ordinated at all...

You have 4 different colours here and none of them are dominant, making it just a mish mash of different colours...

White/Brown/Black/Blue dont really go together (Just my opinion)

I reckon that your boots should at least match a jacket and probably best to try and stick to just 2 colours with one color "complimenting" the dominent color like the trim on car seats do.... (Well, there meant to anyway)

Sorry to sound negative but like I say, this is just my opinion....

Personally, it looks you just threw on whatever was to hand without any thought, like the headband?? Try replacing the headband with a color matching hat maybe in black to match the jacket with something white under the jacket to match the boots...

Its not worth spending $2 if it doesnt look co-ordinated....

I would advise picking 1 main dominant colour like the black or white then going with colours that compliment this in small amounts...

Anybody else think this or am I just plain daft and horrible?

Posted Image

I would expect folks selling you something to complement you on how good you looked (and no doubt you do).

Hiya again TBG...

Actually, I would never be able to get a job in sales as I'm too open minded and speak my mind instead of joining the ranks of the "Too polite to say anything bad" regardless of how something really is...

This outfit actually looks a LOT better, especially as their is no headband as its far more co-ordinated from the waist down but I think the blue shirt and white underneath it still throws it off a bit.

A smart lower half would probably look better with a formal upper half like a shirt/tie or just a smart shirt (Proper business shirt instead) as the lower half looks more formal yet the top half appears more "casual"

Just some feedback from London and hope you dont mind?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Agreed. Generally speaking, the shoes should match the belt or purse, but it's ok to wear one color, or different colors, provided they're complimentary. White and tan aren't complimentary. Black and tan, however, are. White looks better with brighter colors, which is why you'll almost never find a pair of men's dress shoes in white, as men normally shy away from brighter colors and pastels.

• 3 weeks later...

Richie -

Your absolutely right. That is not a coordinated outfit. The image was just trying to show the skirt not a coordinated outfit for public wear. I happened to have my white boots blue turtleneck on and didn’t think about changing.

Here is the jacket

Posted Image

I was also wearing black hose when I went out. Other than a few too many holiday cookies, I kind of like the look.

Dr1819 & Richie-

Thanks for the advice. It is really appreciated. I have never been overly conscious of coordinating my outfit. All of my guy clothes go with any all of my guy clothes. I don’t pay much attention. Wearing stuff that attracts more attention will require a little more attention on my part.

Posted Image

An interesting outfit, TBG. Was it your original intention for the jacket to match the color of the skirt? If so, then it looks like you succeeded. Matching separates always makes for a good overall outfit. My only criticism was that it was too light in color for the time of year, perhaps something darker would look better, but then, that's just me as a prefer darker colors. Knee high boots with that short skirt would've been extremely dramatic and downright sharp! And I would also add that hosiery, like off-black for example is a must. And there's my two cents worth.

Jeff -

When I did wear that shirt out I wore a black turtleneck and black hose with that jacket and pull on black leather thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. The comment I got from the register clerk at Bigg’s also reflected on the shortness of the skirt.

“Yeah it looks nice, the jacket matched the little skirt and the boots are long enough to keep you warm… Yeah it works.”

I really didn’t think it was THAT short. I don’t like the look of any of my longer skirts with thigh boots (and I do like the look of thigh boots) so I guess I have several choices:

1. Recognize how short the skirt is and wear thigh boots

2. Wear longer skirt and knee boot

3. Wear ankle length skirt and ankle boots or pumps

4. Wear thigh boots with the shaft disappearing under the skirt.

The choices are kind of in my order of preference.

If I was going for a more conservative look the longer skirt choices would be a good idea, but I’m wearing thigh boots in public for crying out loud. That doesn’t scream conservative (I would be interested in what you folks think it does scream):wink: .

On further reflection, I wear thigh boots (flats and heels) with jeans all the time but that image is very different than a short skirt and thigh boots. Maybe I should tone it down a bit.:D

As always, opinions are welcome and appreciated.

I really didn’t think it was THAT short. I don’t like the look of any of my longer skirts with thigh boots (and I do like the look of thigh boots) so I guess I have several choices:

1. Recognize how short the skirt is and wear thigh boots

2. Wear longer skirt and knee boot

3. Wear ankle length skirt and ankle boots or pumps

4. Wear thigh boots with the shaft disappearing under the skirt.

The choices are kind of in my order of preference.

Well, I could've been mistaken about the length of the skirt because of the shafts of the boots in your picture. How long was it exactly? 20 inches? 22? 23? Inquiring minds wanna know.

Regarding the choices you mentioned, allow me to address them:

1. I tend to think that short skirts look better with knee high boots as I think it presents a cleaner, smoother line than with thigh boots.

2. Skirts that fall just below the knee when paired with knee boots also presents that cleaner line I previously mentioned. When I was nursing my own skirt fetish a year ago, that was the look I liked on myself most.

3. I've never been a fan of ankle length skirts, but I agree that ankle boots or pumps worth best there.

4. A good choice I think, especially on cold days as the longer shafts provide an added measure of warmth.

If I was going for a more conservative look the longer skirt choices would be a good idea, but I’m wearing thigh boots in public for crying out loud. That doesn’t scream conservative (I would be interested in what you folks think it does scream):wink: .

Well, there's nothing wrong with a conservative look as it lends an air of class and sophistication like a suit with a long skirt or matching separates. I find that to be a very tasteful sort of look, even with thigh boots, so you wouldn't have to give what you enjoy and wear most. Perhaps you could experiment with a conservative look a time or two and see what happens. Maybe you'll come to like it.

On further reflection, I wear thigh boots (flats and heels) with jeans all the time but that image is very different than a short skirt and thigh boots. Maybe I should tone it down a bit.:D

Maybe that's where a switch to a longer skirt could come in handy, especially since it seems you're not going to stop wearing skirts, regardless of the length. You don't have to be a slave to miniskirts and wear them all the time, exert some control over the situation, broaden your mind to consider other options. Again, you might come to enjoy them. Thus endeth my sermon.

• Like 1

Ok preacher Jeff, the skirt is 15”. I guess it is short but not as short as the 13” one that I considered short. I guess the boots really are that tall.

I wanted to go out today with my sketch book (the museum is closed) so I went out wearing brown hose which matched my brown suede coat, a gray shirt, a 17” light tan suede skirt with my pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels (like your new ones), and black leather gloves (that went with the boots). I was only out for half an hour because it was cold 35F, wet, no sun, and just miserable weather (I even saw snow flakes). Things were Ok until the wind picked up and I realized how chilly it was. I had gone to the park with my sketchbook (see the video Thighbootguy in the Park) but it was too uncomfortable to work so I drove downtown, parked and walked up to a local art gallery (which was also closed). I got to see what the outfit looked like (reflection in the window) and I think you are right about the length of the boots. Knee high boots would have looked better or making the shaft on those thigh boots tighter would have been better. Those pull on boots should be only worn with jeans.

This is a whole new concept for me. Now it’s not just wearing stuff I like to wear, it’s coordinating the stuff I like to wear into something conservative that looks good. I guess if I carried this to an extreme, I’d be wearing a suit and tie. (Nah, that fails the “stuff I like to wear test”).

What I need to learn is moderation.

“Moderation in all things.” Terance, Andria

Roman comic dramatist (185 BC - 159 BC)

I have really taken to heart you comment, “You don't have to be a slave to miniskirts and wear them all the time, exert some control over the situation, broaden your mind to consider other options.” However I apply a little different interpretation. I realize that the desire to wear a skirt/boots/... can be consuming and I am determined to not let it control me again. Again the moderation thing.

Thanks for your advice, it is much appreciated.

Ok preacher Jeff, the skirt is 15”. I guess it is short but not as short as the 13” one that I considered short. I guess the boots really are that tall.

Fifteen inches??? Damn!! It was shorter than I thought! Yeah, the thigh boots threw everything out of proportion for me when I looked at that picture. You're even bolder about this skirt wearing business than I thought!

I got to see what the outfit looked like (reflection in the window) and I think you are right about the length of the boots. Knee high boots would have looked better or making the shaft on those thigh boots tighter would have been better. Those pull on boots should be only worn with jeans.

Well, I guess my reputation as HHPlace's unofficial style and fashion expert is still very much intact! Heh! All that time spent observing women throughout the year and what they wear certainly comes in handy. If you're going to traipse about in skirts, it's important to do so correctly so you'll present as tasteful an image as possible, or as possible for a man wearing a skirt.

I have really taken to heart you comment, “You don't have to be a slave to miniskirts and wear them all the time, exert some control over the situation, broaden your mind to consider other options.” However I apply a little different interpretation. I realize that the desire to wear a skirt/boots/... can be consuming and I am determined to not let it control me again. Again the moderation thing.

Moderation means control, and having control keeps life from becoming complicated and stressful. Eliminating stress keeps you from doing things you'll regret later, like purging or dropping off from the board like I had done. Think about it.

I spent the afternoon in Jacksonville Florida visiting the Art Museum and the Museum of Science and Industry which has a large waterfront park. I wore a short sleeved blue dress shirt, jeans and thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels to both of the museums and had a great time. When I went down to the waterfront park I thought, why not, and changed the jeans for black hose and a very short black cloth skirt (that has a built in pair of shorts with a 0” inseam) and my thigh boots. I haven’t measures the skirt but I think its 13"-14”. I looked like a guy wearing a skirt and boots and wasn’t trying for any other look. There weren’t too many people there but a few folks noticed and I got a couple of polite smiles. I walked around a bit but didn’t feel comfortable enough to really be adventurous. As I was leaving the park, I noticed a pickup truck in the traffic circle going around for the second time. By the time I got there they were on their third turn. No one said or did anything but after they were sure about what they were seeing there was a lot of loud laughter in the truck. The outing was a nice finish to a day out and about in thigh boots.

I drove back to Northern Kentucky from St.Augustine Florida yesterday and had decided to make it a boots and skirt day. I wore several different things but I always had on a long sleeved black satin top, and brown hose, a black baseball cap and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I started with a tan suede 15” leather skirt and a tan suede jacket. This is the combination I wore to dinner several weeks ago and I think it looks good. I didn’t feel comfortable wearing this when I drove down to St.Augustine last week but I really like the look and wanted to try it once again. As an additional note I had a pair of driving gloves (shoulder length black leather) that went on very easily over the satin long sleeved top but I noticed there was an unseemly bulge forming on the front of the skirt but I decided that wasn’t what today was going to be about so I tool them off. 07:00 – I stopped at a fruit stand in St.Augustine on the spur of the moment and thought about changing into jeans before I went in but then I thought why not and got out of the car and walked in. It was about 40F and the guy running the stand was in a parka and heavy gloves and I’m in a short skirt, light jacket and thigh boots. I bought oranges and grapefruit and as I paid him the only question he asked was, “Where you from?” I told him, “Cincinnati” and that either answered why I wasn’t cold or why I was dressed in a skirt and boots. Maybe it answered both. 10:00 – I stopped in a gas station and changed into a pair of brown denim shorts. After pumping my gas, I went in to use the rest room. Using the rest room was the reason I changed into shorts. My nerve failed at the concept of using the men’s room in a skirt. 10:20 – Stopped at a rest stop on I-95 and changed into the tan suede skirt. I just walked around a bit and headed on. 12:00 – Stopped at a rest stop on i-26 for lunch. I had a sandwich and a drink and went to a picnic table and ate. I was wearing the tan skirt and boots. There weren’t many people around which was Ok with me. 12:45 – I stopped at a rest stop to use the rest room. I changed into jeans with my boots over the jeans. I walked in and use the facilities and hardly anyone batted an eye. 13:45 – I stopped at a rest stop just to stretch my legs a bit. I was wearing the tan skirt and boots. 14:30 – I stopped for gas and pumped it wearing the tan skirt, jacket and boots. I walked into the store looked around a bit. I got a polite smile from a lady then headed over to the soda case and picked one out. I walked over to the counter and the clerks were busy (or working hard to ignore me). The lady at the register concluded our transaction with, “Have a good afternoon Sir”. I think the “Sir” was thrown in to make her point. I bid them a good day and headed back to the car. 15:30 – I stopped at a rest stop to use the rest room but noticed there was a security guard giving everyone the evil eye. I didn’t want to push my luck (and I really had to go) so I pulled on a pair of jean over my boots (normally its boots over jeans). The cuff of the jeans came to above the bottom of the size zipper. The whole shoe and heel were clearly visible in fact prominent. I think this attracted more attention than if I had worn the boots outside of the jeans. Nothing happened but I did notice a couple of the workmen (painters) in the rest stop cane out to watch me walk back to the car. 16:30 – I stopped at a rest stop for a snack. I was wearing the skirt, boots and jacket and walked around a bit by myself. 19:45 – I stopped in Berea Ky. for gas. I was wearing the boots, jacket, and skirt and pulled into a station that didn’t look busy. I pumped the gas and went into the store. There was a big guy at the counter and a female clerk. I asked, “Where’s the rest room?” The clerk replied,”Down that hall” and pointed at a hallway jest past where the big guy was standing. As I walked past, he did his best to get out of my way. When I came back out the guy was gone and I asked the clerk, “Is this too much for tis part of Kentucky?” She laughed and said, “Not at all.” “What? A guy in boots and a skirt?” “This is Berea, you’ll fit right in.” “Really!?” “Yeah, If you like it, go for it.” I should mention that Berea Ky. is a college town that has a strong student population in the art community. I was feeling a lot better after talking to the clerk so I drove over to the Cracker Barrel restaurant that was at the same expressway exit. I walked in and you would have thought that guys in thigh boots and skirts walked in all the time. People greeted me with a Hi and Good evening from several sides of the lobby. I was seated in the dinning room and the server was an attractive young lady. I’m sure she saw me walk in. After she took my order I asked her if my outfit was too much for this part of Kentucky. She said, “No not really, it looks retro and kind of nice.” “Retro?” “Yeah, people around here wear all sorts of stuff. You see folks wearing coon skin caps and tall boots …” I finished dinner and asked her, “I normally wear these boots with jeans all the time. What would you change about this outfit?” “I’m the wrong person to ask. Normally I wear sweatpants and a T-shirt. I think jeans are probably the best bet.” I thanked her and headed out to the register. I asked the register operator the same thing and she said, “I’ve only been here for three weeks (school just started) and I don’t know … I’m from Texas.” “Is it too much for Texas?” “Not at all.” and gave me a big smile. I bid her a good evening and drove on home. All in all it was a very memorable day and a whole lot of fun. With the mental gyrations I have been going through over wearing a skirt and feeling like I had lost control I am happy to report that I spent the day wearing a skirt because I wanted to and not because I had to. I really felt like I was in control the whole day and even comfortable by the end of the day.

TBG: Wow! What a remarkable trip you had! Reading the account really blew my tiny little mind! And you spent parts of the day in a skirt to boot! Amazing! Absolutely amazing!

With the mental gyrations I have been going through over wearing a skirt and feeling like I had lost control I am happy to report that I spent the day wearing a skirt because I wanted to and not because I had to. I really felt like I was in control the whole day and even comfortable by the end of the day.

As long as you're content and comfortable in your own skin while wearing a skirt, and, more importantly, you felt in control, then it was definitely a positive in your favor. If skirt wearing is what you want to do----and it's pretty evident that you're not about to stop----then embrace your desire, and enjoy it. Just be careful about things, and be sure to maintain control. More power to you, my friend!

Well I think wearing a skirt is starting to become a look I like presenting.

I was wanting to do some grocery shopping on the way home tonight and I was wearing a long sleeved dress shirt, brown hose, tan suede jacket, and had my thigh boots and tan suede skirt with me in the car. Before I changed out of my work slacks, I stopped in the Goodwill (thrift store) to see if there was anything interesting. As it turned out there were two leather skirts that I tried on. One was black about 23” long in a size 12 that was just too small, the other was a light brown 15 ½” length size 12 that was a little tight but not to tight to wear. There was also a pair of Highest Heel thigh boots in a size 6. I bought the light brown skirt for $4 and I may get the black one if it goes on sale and rework it a bit by replacing the zipper with a lace.

In the parking lot I changed into the new light brown skirt and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. At the time I thought the new skit was longer then the 15” suede one so I was glad I had a slightly longer skirt to wear.

My first stop was a Meijers grocery store. The item I wanted was in the back of the store so I grabbed a cart and walked the length of the store twice. I think a few people noticed but I got no reaction at all. At the register I say the clerk look me over when I was in line and when I got up to her I asked, “Well that do you think?”

I stepped back a little and she took a good look at my boots and said, “I don’t know how you walk in them. I was in a wedding and had to wear a block heel for 6 hours and my feet were killing me. Do you have any problem with the heels?”

“Not really, I find them quite comfortable.”

“Well, I think it looks Ok... The skirt looks nice.”

“Thanks, I just found it.”

“In your drawer?”

“No, I just bought it.”

“Really, well I think it look nice”

Another customer came up to the register so I bid her a good evening and left. The greeter at the door said “Good night” and sounded like he meant it. (Often they don’t say anything as I go out). As I walked across the parking lot, no one seemed to even notice.

I next went to a Payless in the same shopping plaza. I have stopped in there several times wearing my boots and at least one other time in a leather skirt. I started looking at the size 12 rack and the clerk asked if needed any help. I had just spotted a pair of black suede looking knee boots and I said, “No, I think I have found what I wanted.”

I sat down and proceeded to change from my thigh boots into the knee boots. They felt great and were on sale for $16. I changed back into my thigh boots and about this time the manager, who has advised me about skirt wearing, came by. I asked her, “How does this look?”

“The skirt looks nice, I noticed when you came in. I really admire that you can walk on those heels.”

“With these boots (the ones I just tried on) would a longer skirt be better?”

“Yeah, I think so. I have a pair of those and I can stand in them all day.”

“On carpet on a hard floor?”

“On carpet”, and she indicate the flooring in the store.

“That’s cheating . I can stand for a couple of hours in these( my 5” heels) on a hard floor but I can go all day on a carpeted one.”

“I don’t think I could wear a heel that high.”

“Well these are 14s and that makes the angle less because the ball of my foot is so far from the heel.” (She looks like she would wear a 6).

“I guess that would make a difference”.

I thanked her for the conversation and went up to the register to pay for my new boots. The boots were on sale for $17 but I asked the clerk if that was his best discount. I expected him to say that it was but I was glad when he took another $2 off.

Last I went to Sam’s. The staff there know me well and didn’t seem surprised a bit when I walked in wearing a skirt. (in fact I have done that before.) This time I strolled through the store and many folks didn’t even notice what I was wearing. Several did and threw me a smile. One guy, hoewvwr< stopped in his tracks and turned to watch me as I walked by.

When I got to the register, I got in the line of a clerk I knew. She threw me a big smile when she spotted me in the line and called out a greeting to me.

The lady in front of me had glanced at me a couple of times and seemed relieved when I waved back to the register clerk. I asked her, “Is this too far out?”

“No, not really, I think it looks nice.” She seemed very relieved that I wanted to have a conversation. “I don’t have any problem with your look at all.”

We then went on to talk about the cat litter I was buying.

The register clerk said she liked the outfit and said, “Looks like your taking it to the next level.”

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“I really do like your boots.”

I paid my bill and bid her a good evening.

All in all this was a very enjoyable evening and I was sorry I had to go back home.

It took me a while to become comfortable wearing thigh boots out in public. I had to play around with the look until the boots became just another pair of shoes. I suspect it will take me a while to develop a skirted image that I can also be comfortable presenting.

I am content that I’m doing this for the fun of it and not because something is making me do it.

Tiffany -

Changing was also part of the fun and unfortunately there are no pictures but this is what I looked like if you change the white turtleneck for a black satin top. click here

JeffB -

Thanks for the sound advice. I don’t mind running up close to the edge but I’m making surt I dont fall over again.

Highheellover -

It was a gery good day.

TBG: I continue to find it remarkable how you not only wear short skirts with your thigh boots in public, but you actually seek out comments and opinions from complete strangers about your outfits. And that they give you honest answers to boot. Amazing! Admittedly, that's not how I choose to roll when I wear heels, I just go about my business, if anyone wants to engage me in conversation, I welcome it, I don't go looking for comments. So I admire your boldness. As for fashion alternatives, since it's evident you've become a regular skirt wearer, have you considered wearing a longer style, say calf length? Something like that would look extremely stylish when paired with your boots, for sure a knee length skirt with knee boots would look chic. It never hurts to try new things when it comes to fashion, who knows, you might find that you come to enjoy a different look, keeps things from getting stale. Just a suggestion for you to consider.

I did my Friday night shopping at Mijer’s and Bigg’s tonight wearing a tan suede coat, black turtleneck, black hose, black leather below the knee skirt and black knee length boots. (The ones I’ve been talking about in New Boots Slick Heels) The top of the boot comes about 1” below the hem of the skirt. The combination presents a fairly conservative look (considering I normally wear thigh boots with stiletto heels).

I do think this outfit generated more looks than my thigh boots and jeans or even the thigh boots and mini skirt and I am hard pressed to understand why.

At Mijer’s a couple of heads turned and several others turned and stared. I asked the register clerk if it was too much and she said, “The boots?”

“The boots and the skirt.”

“Well, its different”

I bid her a good evening and headed out of the store.

At Sam’s, I had several people turn and watch me walk down an isle. As I passed one lady she broke up laughing (I assumed it was at me). None of this has ever happened when I’m wearing my thigh boots. The register clerk, who I know well, seemed surprised when I commented that this out fit generated more interest then my tall boots.

I had the opportunity to see myself in a full length mirror as I passed and the image I saw was a guy wearing a skirt rather than a guy wearing boots. Its turning out that this isn’t my favorite look but I am comfortable presenting it.

All in all it was a fun evening shopping.

tiffany -

Thanks for the kind words.

JeffB -

Your right. Trying new things is a big part of the fun.

Back on Jan 12 I mentioned buying a short tan leather skirt and passing up the one that was too tight. Well the tight one went on sale ($2) and I bought it. It is a stiff black leather with a polished waxed surface. It is a size 12 but I can wear it. In the fitting room the zipper was a little stiff but when I got it home I lubricated it with a little candle wax and now it works fine. The skirt is a 20” in length but it has a high waist so the hem catches me about 3” above my knees. It looks great with knee boots and not bad with my thigh boots. I don’t have anything that goes with the shinny leather but I’m keeping my eyes open. Any suggestions would be welcome.

On many occasions, mostly when I am away from the familiarty zone (people who might know me) I will wear either a dress or a blue jean miniskirt out with whatever heels I'm in the mood for ballet boots, scream stilettos, block heel pumps or 8 inch platform ankle boots. I have found that there is less reaction from people when your wearing a dress or skirt with heels than just the heels. To prove this I went into a Kroger grocery store this evening wearing a black jacket dress with leopard fur trim around the collar and around the wrist. This is a very nice outfit that the wife can no longer wear. I wore this with a pair of scream stiletto pumps over 7 inch heels. I got almost no reaction at all. Then minutes later I changed into jeans and a T shirt, my normal man clothes. I wore a pair of rather inconspicious platform boots with thick heels black with yellowish flames on the toes. My jeans covered the boots nicely except for the toe area. I walked into Wal-Mart not making much in the way of heel noise for anyone to notice but people starting looking and following me around the store. I was walking completely normally as if wearing flats and before I got out of the store there were several people just standing there staring at me like I was a freak. So for all of you wanting to dress up and go out. Stop worrying about it and enjoy it. For years I got reaction from people just wearing heels. Then a girl told me I should wear women's clothes and people won't pay any attention. She was right in my experience. I have had a blast wearing a very short mini skirt or dress and heels with no makeup or wig. Enjoy.

Back on Jan 12 I mentioned buying a short tan leather skirt and passing up the one that was too tight. Well the tight one went on sale ($2) and I bought it. It is a stiff black leather with a polished waxed surface. It is a size 12 but I can wear it. In the fitting room the zipper was a little stiff but when I got it home I lubricated it with a little candle wax and now it works fine. The skirt is a 20” in length but it has a high waist so the hem catches me about 3” above my knees. It looks great with knee boots and not bad with my thigh boots. I don’t have anything that goes with the shinny leather but I’m keeping my eyes open. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Size 12? URGH! I'm jealous and I think I despise you! :wink:

Okay, setting aside my feelings, let's go to work. A red turtleneck and a black leather jacket (worn unzipped to show off the top) would go well with that black skirt. Meanwhile I maintain from a previous post that knee boots would work best with that length skirt as it presents more a cleaner, smoother profile than would thigh boots. And for Pete's sake, don't forget hosiery, preferably off-black which would tie everything together perfectly. By all means, let us know if you use my suggestions and how it turns out.

• 2 weeks later...