Boots and Skirts in Public

Thighbootguy

I attended a wedding Saturday and wore my new boots. No one noticed a thing even with the noisy heels on cement outside the church. This was the first time I have worn them and they are just a bit too narrow so the two hours wound up being a little uncomfortable at the end. The boots will soon stretch a bit though. I dressed casually for the wedding in a blue/white striped long sleeved dress shirt and jeans.

After the wedding (I did not attend the reception) I stopped at a Kroger’s for milk and changed the jeans for a full length black leather full skirt. The skirt came down to the top of the boots so there wasn’t much of a break. I got a few glances and a couple of young kids, who were with their parents, just turned stared as I walked by. I’ve often wondered how a guy confidently wearing a skirt and/or thigh boots with heels appears to a young person who is just learning what is “acceptable”. Am I planting seeds that a parent is going to have to uproot or that may lie dormant until it is too late?

Anyway, it was a good break in for my new boots.

:w00t2:

JeffB, Bootking –

The guy looked like he was more into the biker (motorcycle) look than anything else. His boots were knee high laceups with a very thick sole and heel with a kleeted tread. I should have made more of an effort to complement his boots but it would have been awkward. :chuckle:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

After the wedding (I did not attend the reception) I stopped at a Kroger’s for milk and changed the jeans for a full length black leather full skirt. The skirt came down to the top of the boots so there wasn’t much of a break. I got a few glances and a couple of young kids, who were with their parents, just turned stared as I walked by. I’ve often wondered how a guy confidently wearing a skirt and/or thigh boots with heels appears to a young person who is just learning what is “acceptable”. Am I planting seeds that a parent is going to have to uproot or that may lie dormant until it is too late?

Hmm! An interesting question. I'd say that depends on the parent and much he or she wants to instill individuality in their child versus maintaining proper societal mores in regards to appearance. If the child questions the parent about what they had seen when they spotted you, how would the parent respond? Would they say he's weird, perverted, psychologically damaged or simply a free spirit? More than likely, kids will decide on their own what is acceptable and isn't while males are unlikely to consider what you wore as acceptable, probably because of the incorrect mindset that says men who wear women's clothing are gay, so chances are, those kinds probably won't follow in your footsteps. Personally, I've never wondered about such things myself, kids will do what they want, often regardless of their parent' wishes. And that's my two cents worth.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 months later...
Well, today the deed was finally done! I was out and about in a red satin button blouse, silver dangle earrings, silver necklace, leather mini-skirt, chain type belt, black pantyhose, black Nine West handbag and Colin Stuart 4" heel black leather boots.

post-9697-133522906428_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522906438_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522906449_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522906457_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Well, today the deed was finally done! I was out and about in a red satin button blouse, silver dangle earrings, silver necklace, leather mini-skirt, chain type belt, black pantyhose, black Nine West handbag and Colin Stuart 4" heel black leather boots.

WOW!! Color me incredibly impressed! You positively sizzled in that outfit, and I ain't kidding either! What sort of reactions did you get during your outing?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

WOW...that outfit is AMAZING! Color me impressed! How did your outing in that outfit go? Inquiring minds wanna know!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Where did you go?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

WOW!! Color me incredibly impressed! You positively sizzled in that outfit, and I ain't kidding either! What sort of reactions did you get during your outing?

WOW...that outfit is AMAZING! Color me impressed! How did your outing in that outfit go? Inquiring minds wanna know!

First, thanks for the compliments!

Interestingly enough, it was on an outing to Dress Barn in CT. A group that I belong to sponsored the outing. The store closed early at 5 PM and we had the run of the place until 7 PM. It was broad daylight when I arrived in the parking lot and I was seen by a group of women headed for Stop and Shop (supermarket) next door but no comments outside.

In the store the staff was quite friendly (female). The members of the club actually modeled the fashions and I wound up purchasing a gold "Jones NY" blouse and a blue dress. The Mary Kay lady doing the makeovers thought that I was much younger than my real 57. Her daughter (16 or so) talked to us "cross dressed" people as if we were one of her homies. The Mary Kay lady did a much better job that I ever did and will see her during the week.

I'll be on another outing on Wed night.

It's all about the heel!