Boots and Skirts in Public

Thighbootguy

I think I have been honored with Jeff's first double HA!

And it was deserved, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned in a pervious post that I had bought a denim skirt and a denim skort, well I took the skirt out for a spin today. I was wearing a knit sports shirt, black knee high boots with a 2” block heel, and a denim knee length skirt. The skirt is stretch denim and fits tightly but it has a 8” front slit so walking is easy. I had worn the boots all day at work under my jeans and over my jeans when I went to the dentist.

I have bought enough skirts, slacks and shorts at the Goodwill that I can tell how it will fit by the way it hangs on the hanger. They only use one size hanger so I can judge the waist size in relation to the hanger. Both the skirt and the skort fit very nicely and I was surprised to discover they were both size 10, I normally wear a 14.

Anyway, I went to Sam’s and was in a bit of a hurry so I just picked up my stuff and headed to the register. I knew the register clerk and she said she loved the outfit.

Then I went to my new cobbler shop to pick up a pair of boots that were in for heel tips. He doesn’t know me but didn’t act too surprised. I gave him my check and told him it was a pair of tall boots. When he found them he said in his Vietnamese accent, “Oh, very tall boots.” I paid him and thanked him for the nice job and told him I’d bring in another pair soon.

As I was walking across the parking lot to my car, another car with two guys in it went by and one of the guys was shouting at the other, “He was wearing women’s boots and a skirt! Honest to God, I’m not making this up, look, its that old guy with the head band over there.” I was getting into my car and they were on the other side so the skirt and boots were out of sight and I just looked at the noisy guy and smiled and got into my car. The only thing that offended me was the “old guy” part. I still don’t see myself that way.

;)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Reaction of the guys is just another proof of how thoroughly our society has been "ghettoized." Age no longer merits respect.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

TBG:-) I too would have taken offence at that "old guy" remark. If he thought you were "old", what would he have thought about me? Ancient? I don't think of myself of being "ancient" or "old either. Sounds like a nice outing as usual to me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I went biking yesterday wearing a grey T-shirt, a 14” tan skort, nude hose, and black suede ankle boots with a 2” block heel. The temperature was in the mod 80sF but the humidity was low enough to be tolerable.

As I was leaving my home with my bike in hand, three women bikers stopped and asked if I could give directions to Devou Park. I gave them the directions then said, “That’s where I’m headed if you want to follow me. I’m too old to take the hill so I’m going to throw my bike on my car.” I got into my car and lead them to the park entrance and I drove on up the hill. I parked and started my ride and soon the ladies were up in the park with me. I showed them the way to the main city overlook and we chatted for a few minutes then I went on with my ride. There was no mention of what I was wearing but then they were wearing spandex biker outfits. I saw them again as they were leaving the park and there were smiles and waves all around.

After my ride I was still feeling like I wanted to do some more so I grabbed a long sleeved black light V neck top and headed for the Lunken bike trail. The temperature was not in the low 90s F and the long sleeved top was for sun protection. When I’m ridding, there is enough air flowing past to be comfortable even with the hose and long sleeves. I did two circuits at Lunken (about 12 miles). Only one guy in the parking lot gave me a despairing look but I paid no attention. It turned out I was a better rider than he was anyway.

All in all I had a blast despite the warm weather.

Dawn HH – When describing us the term fossils comes to mind. ;)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Today I did something I was not entirely comfortable doing. Most of the time when I go shopping I’m wearing a male top and female bottom and when I do wear a female top it is reasonably conservative but tonight I wore a very fem top. I went shopping wearing a chiffon top that had an opaque liner. The sleeves were long and unlined with a slit that ran from the cuff to the elbow so they hung loose. The rest of the outfit was a black leather suede mini skirt (17”), nude hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I wasn’t too sure about this outfit when I went out but when I saw my reflection in a window I decided I really didn’t like the look but I was already out so I went ahead. I shopped at my usual, PetsMart, Walgreen’s, and Sam’s and the folks in all those stores know me. Lastly I went to a Kroger I rarely frequent. I didn’t receive any negative comments and got very little reaction at all. This surprised me because I thought I was over the top and was expecting the worst. Normally I an 100% comfortable with what I’m wearing to the point that I often forget that I am wearing something different than everybody else but today I was very aware of what I was wearing. That awareness didn’t shake my confidence but I was expecting more negative reactions. What this outing did do was let me see myself through others eyes. I thought I looked over the top and I got no reaction from others so what do others think when they see me with just boots and jeans? I get the same reaction both ways. I am not overly concerned about what others think about the way I present myself but it was a revelation that what I think is over the top and what I think just looks good, gets the same reaction. I may be drawing a false conclusion because the reaction I got was nothing. I got a null reaction and you can’t compare anything to a null and get a valid answer. (Three State Logic 101). I never thought I’d be applying IT training to wearing thigh boots in public. Oh well, at least it was an informative outing. ;)

TBG: An interesting outing you had. Stop me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you sort of expected a negative reaction to the frilly top and was somewhat disappointed when that didn't happen? Were you self-conscious about the top, fearing you had gone overboard and anticipated the negative reaction which didn't happen? I've yet to experiment with femme tops on my outings, but I don't think I'd go to the lengths you did on that outing.

JeffB – I think you have hit the proverbial nail on the head. I guess I was expecting negative feedback to reinforce what I was thinking about what I was wearing, but it didn’t happen. I was a little disappointed, but more surprised at people’s acceptance (that’s the wrong word)… tolerance for a guy that is completely cross dressed as I was. I had always thought that people had accepted a guy in boots and a skirt but now I suspect it is just that they tolerates a guy in boots and a skirt. This has given me something to think over. But, today I’m off work so I think I’ll pull on my boots and go pedaling my bike for a while. ;)

Yeah, the key word here is "tolerance". I don't know if there were ever be anything in the way of true acceptance of men in heels and/or skirts, nor am I going to worry about that either. Life's too short for that. While I'm sure people did take notice of you and the outfit you wore that day, they decided it wasn't worth raising a fuss, even though you wore something classified as "out of the norm" for males. On that day when I wore my miniskirt and thigh boots, i also wondered if I would draw an inordinate amount of attention and was surprised when I didn't. I guess it's all a matter of leave well enough alone when it comes to stuff like this.

Two more outings on my bike! Yesterday I went to Lunken airport where they have a 5 mile bile trail that encircles the airport. I rode wearing a black long sleeved V neck top, a 17” denim skort, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. I made three circuits before my legs told me to quit. I wear a baseball cap under my helmet to keep the sun off my face, rain off my glasses, and to serve as a gnat scoop. There were several swarms of gnats on the trail and if you dip the brim of the cap down it scoops most of the little critters aside. However, when I got done with the ride I looked like I had a case of black measles (remember the V neck top). After the ride I stopped by my favorite thrift emporium. I said Hi to one of the clerks and she commented (English is a recent language for her) on how tall I was then asked, “How tall are you?” I replied, “Six foot, but six four in these heels.” She laughed and put her hand on my elbow and said, “I only come up to here.” She really is that short. We bid each other a good day and I continued shopping. Several times folks have suggested accessorizing my look so when I spotted a double strand of faux pearls for $4 I thought why not. Turned out they were a very long single strand. I’ll have to give them a try. Today I road the same three circuits of Lunken, this time in black suede ankle boots with 2” block heels and the same skort and top. This time my legs felt fine but it was my seat that convinced me to stop. I am surprised at how little reaction I get in either of those outfits. JeffB – There is a thread in “The Guy’s” section about society being more tolerant today than in the past. Since I qualify as being from the past, it is my view that people are more tolerant today. I am not going to let what other people thing of my presentation bother me, but it was a revelation that my “over the top” was treated the same way as my “normal”;). It was a bit of an insight on how people see me. By the way, I’ve been waiting for you to try your thigh boots again. :penitent:;)

I am surprised at how little reaction I get in either of those outfits.

I guess that's just the way it works. Apathy makes for quite an effective ally for us freestylers! HA!

JeffB –

There is a thread in “The Guy’s” section about society being more tolerant today than in the past. Since I qualify as being from the past, it is my view that people are more tolerant today. I am not going to let what other people thing of my presentation bother me, but it was a revelation that my “over the top” was treated the same way as my “normal”;). It was a bit of an insight on how people see me.

Perhaps we've been down this road before, but I sometimes wonder if it's a question of tolerance or apathy? Does the world at large really give a damn about seeing us in heels and/or skirts? Regardless of if we're over the top or go the conservative route, if people choose not to care about what we wear, do we accept that as tolerance? Or is it in fact, apathy? Something to ponder.

By the way, I’ve been waiting for you to try your thigh boots again. ;)

It's been way too hot and/or humid for the boots lately, but I keep them in reserve for days when it's comfortable enough for them.

I went biking for the third day in row and did another 15 miles at Lunken airport. I was wearing a black long sleeved V neck top, black leather biker shorts, and black suede ankle boots with a 2” block heel. The ride was uneventful except for one despairing look at my boots I got while I was stopped. Most folks either don’t notice a guy that went by is wearing boots and a V Neck top, or they don’t care. I had a great ride.

TBG:-) From one fossel to another---TEE! HEE! I have a variety of femme tops, but have not experimented wearing them out in public except when in full femme dress. It sounds like you may need more experience with femme tops to see just what reactions you receive while biking, etc. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I stopped at the local Goodwill at lunchtime and found skirts and blouses on a 99¢ sale. It’s really nice when you can buy a new outfit for $2! I found a 15” denim mini skirt, a longer tan skort and the green round neck top and walked out for $3. After work I went shopping wearing the new denim mini skirt, dark blue opaque hose, a short sleeved knit shirt and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. There is about 3” between the cuff of my boots and the hem of the skirt. I thought this outfit looked very nice. I went to Kroger’s, Walgreen’s, Sam’s and a different Goodwill. Kroger’s was a non event. At Walgreen’s I had to return an item so the manager had to wait on me. I’m sure he knew about me and he didn’t bat an eye. Sam’s was also a non event. I did have to get an item off a bottom shelf and I remembered to bend my knees to stoop down rather than bending over (remember 15" mini). However, as I was leaving and going to my car in the parking lot, I heard a loud burst of laughter from behind me, which I ignored, but at the same time a young man with baseball cap askew, and a waist down near his knees, pointed me out to two blonds of his acquaintance. They all turned to stare at me. I threw them a smile and a shake of my head. I’m not sure if the blonds were amused or jealous. At the Goodwill, I was followed in by a couple of high school aged male naredowells that thought I was amusing. Simply looking at them made them scatter. That was Ok but a lady in the store asked me if I had lost a bet. I said, “No, I just like this look” at which point she lost it and burst out laughing. If this happened very often, I might be forced to reconsider my belief that folks don’t care what someone else wears. Oh well, at least I got an honest reaction. All in all it was a nice shopping trip. The skirt is very comfortable and I think it looks great with my boots. ;) PS. The short is marked size 14 and I'll have to loose a pound or two for it to fit comfortable but the skirt is size 13 and fits great.

I'm amazed that you're still wearing boots in July, TBG. Perhaps it's just seasonal conditioning, or perhaps it's just too darn humid here in the northeast, but wearing boots at this time of year just doesn't work for me. But hey, more power to you, my friend!

I am finally in shape enough to start riding my bike on the street. This time I started at home and road to Anderson's Ferry, took the ferry to Ohio and road back home on the Ohio side of the river. This is about an 18 mile trip which is not long by biker standards but, for a first time out, it was enough. The biggest difference between trail riding and street riding, other than the cars and trucks, is that trails (at least around here) are flat and the terrain around here is gently rolling, which means I have to learn pacing myself all over again.

I went riding wearing a teal long sleeved top, denim shorts, and black suede ankle boots with 2” block heels. I met another rider at the ferry but he was too interested in his cell phone to have a conversation with a guy in heels.

When I got to Cincinnati, I found that the city had rerouted bike traffic through streets that I never knew existed. There really were street signs stating no bikes, but it really was a safety issue as they were routing bikes around a busy narrow four lane viaduct.

All in all it was a great first outing that I will do again.

JeffB –

I have never been a fan of pumps and the ankle boots are a real stretch for me but it is too warm and humid to go riding in thigh boots but, I’ll still wear them when I don’t have to put out as much physical effort, like going shopping in air conditioned stores and I’m still wearing knee high boots at work every day.

;)

I’ve put up two mote Thighbootguy videos:

Thighbootguy Makes an Omlet

And

Thighbootguy Plants Collards

In the Omlet video I’m wearing the chiffon top I posted concerns about but I have come to like it a bit more and I thought this would give you folks a chance to voice an opinion.

From the titles, you can guess I could use some better ideas. All are welcome.

After shooting the videos I went out in the front yard and cut the top out of a pine tree which meant I was up on a 12’ ladder with a saw and the same outfit I wore in the Collards video except I changed the top for a gray T-shirt. Folks walking by didn’t even notice.

;)

TBG:-) Excellent videos. Great boot shots and closeups in the first one. If I were wearing that blouse, I probably would find a way to dangle the sleeves into the omlet some way. I have to be very careful while doing things while wearing that kind of blouse and yes I do have some with sleeves similar to those. Thanks for sharing. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I have discovered a drawback to wearing a short skirt while working in the yard. When I work in the yard I expect to be eaten alive by bugs. I must have a “free lunch” sign on my back. But the short skirt presented the bugs opportunities and access that they don’t normally have and they took advantage of the opportunity. ;) Dawn HH – Thanks for the kind words.

I’ve been shopping o the past two afternoons at Sam’s and Kroger’s wearing a knit shirt then a ,long sleeved dress shirt, 14” black suede skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I get a few turned heads but that is to be expected. I did overhear a, “Look at dem boots” comment from a black dude. I commented to one of the register clerks I knew that if it wasn’t for the air conditioning in the store, it would be too warm for these boots and she replied, “I’m glad there back” (I think she had seen me wearing something else). ;)

I stopped at Sam’s again tonight because I had forgotten an item and also just as an excuse to be out somewhere. I wore a blue shout sleeved knit shirt , a black suede 14” leather skirt, and black knee boots with 2.5” block heels. These were the boots I had worn at work under my slacks. The shopping trip was uneventful until I was leaving and there was a lady running the exit door check that I knew very well and knew I normally wore thigh boots. She commented that I was in last night and since she wasn’t too busy so I asked her if the boots I was wearing were too short for the short skirt? “No, it think it looks Ok.” “I was wondering if the short boots would look better with a longer skirt?” “Why, was someone looking at you?” “Come on…” “Ok, bad question. You do draw a bit of attention. But, no I think they look fine.” Other folks were starting to exit so we bid each other a good evening. I really do like shopping there. ;)

The Goodwill was having a 99¢ sale on men’s and women’s tops. I really didn’t need anything but for those prices I thought I’d look. I found four tops, three are black short or no sleeved and a purple long sleeved. Three of the tops were from the Xhiliration brand. They weren’t together on the racks but they did catch my eye. On the way home, I stopped at PetsMart for some cat food. I wore one of the black shiny tops with a black rope belt that came with the top, a short denim shirt and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I have asked one of the clerks (young female) about my outfits many times. This time she enthusiastically said the outfit looked good! When I was in the parking lot, a lady got out of a car next to me and said, “Don’t you look cute!” “Why, thank you.” “It really does look good.” “It’s comfortable.” “I’ll bet it is. The important thing is doing what you want to do.” We bid each other a good afternoon. ;)

Just got back from a 37 mile bike trip. I went riding the Loveland bike trail wearing a black long sleeved top, a beige skort, and black suede ankle boots with 2” block heels. The skort only has the skirt material on the front, the back looks like a pair of shorts, and the fromt looks like a wrap around skirt. The goal of the ride was to ride out for an hour then take my time coming back but then I got to the turn around point I remembered a appointment and had to push on the return leg. I surprised myself with 60 minutes out and 55 minutes coming back. I only got one or two odd looks at my shoes. I would like to share one of the worst jokes I’ve heard in a long time. This must be read with an Irish brogue where “o” is pronounced as “a”. Q: How many beans are there in a bowl of Irish been soup? A: Two hundred and thirty nine. Q: Why are there only two hundred and thirty nine beans in a bowl of Irish bean soup? A: Because if there were one more, it would be two forty. ;) Sorry, a friend inflected that on me and I needed to share the pain.

The local Goodwill had a 99¢ sale on dresses so for that price I thought why not and bought four. There are two that have a closed top like a shirt, and the other two are more open. As it turns out one of the more open ones is too small but the other three are going to be fun. On the way home I needed to stop at PetsMart and Kroger’s so I chose one of the closed top dresses that is sweat shirt gray, with a ¾ length sleeve and the hem halls about where a 14” skirt would fall (that’s short). I pulled on my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and headed into the PetsMart. I caught my reflection in the window and thought it looked good. There was a guy on a Harley parked next to me in the parking lot and I caught his reflection staring at me in disbelief as I walked across the parking lot. As I have said, the folks in this store know me and they had the cat food I normally buy already pulled from the stock room and on the counter. The gal I normally chat with was with another customer so I didn’t get a chance to ask her opinion but neither she nor the guy who waited on me seemed put out at all. At Kroger’s I walked in like I owned the place and picked up my stuff, which was in the back of the store. No one seemed bothered by my look. In the checkout line there were two ladies in front of me and two behind me which made a longer line than the manager wanted to see so he opened another register. He then came over to us and said, “Ladies, register two is open.” He really had the funniest expression on his face when he realized his mistake. The register operator (young gal) reacted like she had just swallowed something awful. I don’t know if she had been pulled off of a break to open the line, or she really didn’t like a guy in a dress and boots, I suspect it was the dress and boots though. All in all it was a lot of fun and I will give it a try again. :)