Boots and Skirts in Public

Thighbootguy

I thought I would try something a little different, chap boots with a skirt.

I have worn these boots out with jeans but I haven’t ventured out with a skirt. Rather than wearing a belt for the chap boots, I’m letting the top of the boot, that normally folds over a belt ,be visible folding over the waist of the skirt. With a black skirt you dint really see it but with a lighter colored skirt it is very visible. I don’t find it objectionable but like I said, I haven’t worn this out yet.

This combination is fun to wear. The boots are very tall. Tall enough that when I pull them all the way up the top tickles the plumbing. I never noticed that with jeans.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Well, there's a new and interesting look for you, TBG. From the pics, I kinda like the black skirt best, coordinates well with the boots. Most interesting to say the least. Again, you should look into knee high boots with your skirts which would present that cleaner line I've mentioned in previous posts. But still, not bad, my friend, not bad at all.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB - You are right about the look of the knee boots with a skirt. Like I said, this was for fun :wink: and not necessarily for public wearing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

JeffB -

You are right about the look of the knee boots with a skirt.

Like I said, this was for fun :D and not necessarily for public wearing.

Oh, really? Well, even if that's an "indoors" look, it's still neat! However, don't rule out wearing knee boots with your skirts in public. If anyone can pull off that particular look, it's you!

:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Sam’s Club after work tonight. In spite of the fact it was cold (15F) I wore a heavy brown suede coat, black tights, a 15” brown leather skirt and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. 5” heels on snow and ice means walking very carefully. When I got in the store I think the folks that know me were a little surprised by my outfit. I have worn the same thing before but not when it was as cold. I did overhear one “Well now I’ve seen everything” from across the store and several of the new stock clerks had their eyes hung out on stems, but for the most part the shopping was uneventful. I got the same register clerk I had last night and she said, “I see you got your heels back”. I had picked up a couple pair of slacks while I was shopping and I asked her, “Do you appreciate the irony of a guy wearing heels and a skirt buying slacks?” She said she did and was going to ask me about that. I told her they were for work. We bid each other a good evening.

I created another video that shows off the new laces on my thigh boots. I just had the boots repaired and spotted the long leather laces at the cobbler shop.

Thighbootguy and the Crockpot

There is also a bit about the snow we have had.

The skirt is the same one I wore the Sam’s club recently. The only difference in the outfit was a heavier coat at Sam’s.

JeffB I agree with you about knee boots. I have 2 pair. Look really good with the skirts that I coordinate them with. I go for a really conservative look, so I could never pull off thigh, chap or crotch boots with my outfits. Still love those styles though. TBG ...Love your boot collection as I have seen many on youtube.

Heels Are GRRREAT!!!

S.L.

stilettolover -

Thanks for the kind words. I actually agree with JeffB that knee length boots would look better with a longer skirt. but I really do enjoy my thigh boots and I'm not trying to make a fashion statement. The video stuff is just about having fun.

stilettolover -

Thanks for the kind words. I actually agree with JeffB that knee length boots would look better with a longer skirt. but I really do enjoy my thigh boots and I'm not trying to make a fashion statement. The video stuff is just about having fun.

Well, why not make a fashion statement? I think that might be lots of fun too! Show off a different side of yourself for all to see in your videos! Just something to consider!

:wink:

I thought I would try JeffB’s advice so I went to Sam’s wearing a dark brown suede coat and matching knee length skirt, a blue turtleneck, hose, and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels but I had them cuffed down to knee length. The boots look like a tall pair of knee length boots and distinctive because if the new long lacing I put on last week. The matching browns did give the outfit a coordinated look. I didn’t get too much of a different reaction than I normally do. A couple of glances, and that was about it. The store employees I ran into noticed the difference but their used to seeing me in a shorter skirt and thigh boots so the longer skirt was no big deal. I asked the register clerk, who I see almost every week, if she agreed with some of my friends (you folks) that a longer skirt and the shorter boots looked better? She looked for a while and said that either one worked and it really was my preference. She said her preference, for her, was a longer skirt and she indicated about mid calf. I’ll try a longer skirt and knee length boots a few more times but, right now, my preference is for the shorter one with thigh length boots. I’ll let you know how it goes.

I created another video ;) :

Thighbootguy Making Bread Manually

This was to try out several looks. Let me know in you like one better (or worse) than the other, or if you dont like any of the looks.

Before the everyone tells me about it, I know the hose didn't work with the mini skirt but I didnt find out until it was too late.

Making these videos are a one man operation. I only have one camera (such as it is) and I'm my own camerman. Doing one makes for a fun afternoon.

I took a trip from Cincinnati Oh. to Portsmouth Oh. over the weekend to help a friend with some home repairs. South central Oh is not known as the most liberal free thinking part of the country so I take a little extra caution. On the way I stopped at a large Goodwill (thrift) store in Cincinnati. I went in wearing a brown suede coat, matching knee length skirt, baseball cap and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. As my luck would have it, the place was packed with people. There were signs advertising “Everything is 50% off” and there were lots of people taking advantage of the sale. I walked in and headed for the shoe rack. I had to walk around people and through a group (with appropriate “excuse me(s)”). I did see a couple of guys take note of what I was wearing but that was it. Everyone was polite and no one said a thing. I didn’t see anything that even looked like it might fit so I moved onto the racks of clothing. After a while of not seeing anything I liked, I headed back out to the car. I was very surprised (but pleased) at the lack of response I got from the crowd in the store. I went on to Portsmouth and worked all day in jeans and my thigh length flat heeled boots which included a trip to the hardware store. I thought about changing into heels but I was running short on time. On the way home I stopped in Meijer’s (large chain) grocery, again in Cincinnati. I was wearing the same outfit I wore in the Goodwill, the only difference was I had a shopping cart. Again, a few folks noticed what I was wearing but no one said a thing. The stuff I needed was in the back of the store so I got to walk the full length of the store twice. The biggest challenge was stiletto heels on a freshly waxed floor. The checkout like was slow so I got to stand there for a while. The register clerk took a quick glance but didn’t give any reaction at all. The guy in front of me was the reason the line was so slow and he apologized for taking so much time checking out but he gave no reaction at all to what I was wearing. He didn’t have to speak to me at all, but he did and I thought it was better than being ignored (which is what I expected). All in all it was a very good outing.

I stopped at the local Goodwill at lunch and found a Rose pink 19" suede skirt by Sorbé. The original tag was marked $128. I paid $3.41. This the softest suede garmet I have ever seen.

I told the clerk, "This one is going to take a little more nerve".

I'm sure she knew what I ment. She laughed and big me a good day.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I went out for lunch again today and stopped at the Goodwill to see if there was anything new. All clothing was 50% off. I found a black turtleneck and a dark purple 23” leather skirt. Total price was $3.80. I’m getting so I can tell if a skirt will fit by comparing the waist to the hanger. This is marked size 16 but it feels like a 14. I told the same clerk I had yesterday clerk that this one wouldn’t take as much nerve as the one yesterday. Again I got a good laugh. Tonight I stopped in Sam’s Club. The temperature has warmed up a bit so I wore my tan jacket, 15” tan skirt, nude hose and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I walked around the store getting my stuff and no one seemed to be too bothered. One lady was looking at some stretch pants (that I had purchased several weeks ago) . As I walked by I offered that they were the most comfortable pants I had ever worn. She didn’t bat an eye at the way I was dressed but said she was concerned about how much they would shrink when washed. I said to expect them to shorten about an inch. She thanked me and I went on my way. At the register I had a clerk that I have had several times before. I complemented on her necklace which was striking. She started the conversation by asking where I got my boots. I told her I had gotten them on the web. “How long have you been wearing them?” “In public, about 3 years.” I continued, “I don’t think I’ve worn this in before. How does it look?” She looked me over and said, “It look Ok.’ “Too short?” That got a grin. “Yeah”. I bid her a good evening and headed out to the car.

I was wearing a black 14" leather skirt, black OTK boots and a white leather jacket yesterday to the pre-heelmeet and got so many truckers tooting me up it was unreal!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I just put together another video featuring the pink suede skirt I just bought. When I stopped at the thrift store yesterday, I picked up a pink jacket to go with the skirt. The last thing I ever thought I would wear is pink but I think it looks good. I may try this outfit out and about.

Posted Image

Opinions are welcome.

The video is another in the “Thighbootguy how to” series

Thighbootguy Makes a Pie

Dr.Shoe -

I suspect you present a different image than I do. I go out as a guy wearing boots and a skirt. I've never been tooted at. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped at the Goodwill at lunch yesterday and found a sky blue suede skirt that is 23” long and catches me just above the knee. I also found a long sleeved blouse (new from Banana Republic) that is almost the same color. The register clerk has sold me many skirts before and I’m sure she knows there for me. She is always dressed very nicely so I asked her if the skirt and blouse would go well together. She laid them out on the counter, as they would be worn, and said, “Yeah, they will work together, but you need something else with it.” She went ahead and rang up the sale ($3.70). I asked, “When you said something else, what did you have in mind?” “Oh a belt or something.” “Ah, I see... thanks.” I don’t have pictures but I think this outfit will be in the next video.

Good heavens, TBG! How many skirts do you have now? I've kinda lost track after all this time! HA!

JeffB - I didn't know anyone else was keeping score. :o I really don't know how many I have. I've completely lost track. ;)

After my museum trip I went shopping. I was wearing a shinny long sleeved ivory blouse, tan suede 14” skirt, a tan suede coat and black leather thighboots with 5” stilettos and shout brown leather gloves.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The temperature was about 33F (0C) so I knew I had on a short skirt.

I went to a Payless I had been to only once (Norwood). They had s nice pump in my size but I didn’t try anything on. A short skirt and thighboots does not lend itself to trying on shoes in public (voice of experience). There were other folks in the store but no one seemed to overly curious or surprised. I asked the clerk if there were any boots left. She didn’t seem surprised that I had asked but she said there weren’t any left.

Next I stopped in a Salvation Army thrift store. When I walked in one of the older lady clerks greeted me but the other two (older gentleman and young girl) just stared. I walked around the store and the other shoppers didn’t seem to be bothered. Some gave a second glance but everyone was polite. There were a couple of guys in the store that made me concerned about their reaction but they left without any comments.

As I was leaving, the lady that had greeted me was standing by the door. I asked her, “Does this look Ok... other than that a guy is wearing it?”

She looked me over and said, “Yeah It look OK. To each their own.”

“Are the boots too much?”

“There leather aren’t they?”

“Yep.”

“They look fine.”

I thanked her and headed out to the car.

Next I went to Joseph Beth Bookseller. This is an upscale bookstore that I have been to several times before. I walked across the parking lot and into the store. Other than folks holding the door open for me, no one even seemed to notice. I spent a while looking for a book but didn’t find it. I walked back through the store and out to the car. I did hear a “Would you look at that” that was either for me or for the bargain books that were outside the store.

Next I went to the big thrift emporium that I often visit. I walked in from the parking lot past the store with the mirrored glass front. The skirt and boots are striking out in the full sun.

In the store everyone was polite and no one even raised an eyebrow.

All in all it was a fun outting.

TBG: You are definitely a bold and brave soul, my friend, wearing that short a skirt on a day when it was just above freezing. I've been in sweats, jeans and longjohns all weekend long. As usual, you looked pretty darn stylish and your outfit suits you to perfection. Big props to you!

• 2 months later...