High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

Between half an three dozen women walked past our balcony (where I enjoy a leisurely breakfast) this morning wearing heels (2" to 5"). Of these, about a third were in skirts, a third were in pants, and a third were in dress. Sorry for the vagarities - I didn't keep a log. Regardless, there's plenty of heels in Vegas, whether you're a Strip-wolf or an apartment dweller.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While walking down the main street at dinner break the other day, I was aware of a young lady (mid 20s) in the distance and walking towards me. She had very long, but very thin, bare legs, and a short skirt as part of a business type jacket and skirt combination. It was her gait that caught my eye. She was obviously wearing something quite high.

As she neared, I could see that the front part of her foot was vertical, in fact more than vertical, leaned forward slightly. I stopped and "read a text message on my mobile phone" (umm, not), and as she passed noticed that her heels were just under 5 inches, but on something like a size 4 foot. This was a court shoe, in black, with a rounded heel that tapered inwards very sharply then out again a little bit. They made her foot vertical, and the instep bulged forwards slightly. She was walking very fast, and leaned her ankles in a little bit with each step. This looked a little odd, but there was no doubt that this lady wears heels all the time. I wonder what she wears for a night out?

I saw her again, a few hours later coming back the other way, but now with several other people. I was further away, but did see her drop her keys on the pavement, and carefully bend her knees and reach down to pick them up. This wasn't easy in those heels! Her (male) colleagues looked the other way, and didn't even bother to help. If I had been closer I would have picked up her keys and complimented her on her footwear. Maybe next time?

I went to a wedding yesterday (Orange County, CA, USA) and was generally pleased that things have improved since the last one I went to. While the bridesmaids wore low heeled sandals (mostly because the groom is short), there was plenty to see among the guests. There were five pairs that caught my eye among perhaps 75 women: 4.5" Blue Pumps - worn by a young woman - perhaps 25 3.5" Black Suede Pumps with Criss-Crossing straps over the top of the foot - striking mid 30's woman with black hair and tall! 4" 2 Tone Black/Tan Pumps - worn by a woman in her early 30's with great hair to match 3" Black Pumps with a small strap just below the arch, with a neat little design. Worn by a young woman of about 20, but not used to heels. 3" Black Patent Pumps - Classic - it turns out I know this person! I guess I was looking at her shoes too much as I didn't realize I knew here until she asked if she knew me, oops, hehe. She is the secretary of our biggest client and is around 50. I complemented her on her classic footwear and she noted that most women were wearing slides which I haven't really figured out what they are yet. I think I need a glossary :( Thankfully, these were all well displayed by skirts. Alas, I don't have any pictures, maybe next time I'll pretend to be a photograper :(

Slides, another term for mules, meaning you just slide your feet into them. Backless shoes. We've had prolonged discussions on these very forums about slides vs. mules terminology, and I think we decided they are the same thing. So yes, a shoe that is easy to slide into is a slide, by her reference.

Why would anyone want to slide out of shoes so easily? Perhaps a chef, certainly, but if the shoes are that uncomfortable that a woman needs to slip out of them with such speed, why not just find a more comfortable pair? :( heehee I suppose you are right in that, ease of removal is a key factor in anything especially if the moment you're speaking of is, well, one where heels are not condusive to things, such as the risk of bursting a water bed. :(

• 2 months later...

Earlier this month (Dec. 5), I was eating at a big city shopping mall, when I saw a girl, about 15-16 years old wearing a a black and pink dress with an asymetrical hem and a pair of 4" black, lace up spike heel boots. She ran to meet and hug a friend of hers and nearly wrestled her friend to the ground. :D

Last week (Thursday, Dec 18th), I saw a girl, around 16-17 years old, and her bf waiting for a bus. She was wearing a black mini skirt and a pair of brown 4" spike heel mules with a closed, pointed toe toebox. The odd thing is that the weather was very cold and her wearing such a short skirt was a bit unusual.

Where I work, there are two women of note in the high heels stakes, one is very gothic, and often wears heeled boots, the other comes in regularly in 3" ankle boots, very nice, makes work more bearable

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Hayley one of our freight agets is living and dying in a pair of knee length black stiletto boots. I look forward to work every day at the moment!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I was in our local Next store when I happened to glance round (always a good place for heel spotting :D ) and caught sight of a young looking girl - approx 19-21 - in long coat, trousers and the highest heeled boot's I've ever seen "in real life", they must have been 5". Tried to hang around as much as possible but it was packed in there and lost sight of her after one a minute.

I saw the most delicious pair of calf length stilettos with around 4.5 to 5" heels. They had a little "v" at the back with a chain across worn outside a pair of tight jeans.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I saw the most delicious pair of calf length stilettos with around 4.5 to 5" heels. They had a little "v" at the back with a chain across worn outside a pair of tight jeans.

Sounds like a great sighting Doctor. I wish I could experience that kind of sighting here in the Western U.S. :D

howdy-dew and a happy healthy heel of a 2004 to y'all!!! :D while dinning with family saturday night (1/3) at a (as-close-as-I can-get-to-a) local culver's butterburger restaurant, saw a gent walk in wearing 3-4" chunk heel mini platform knee boots with a thigh length denim coat. wore longer jeans to cover some heel when standing and walking although leggs were tight enough to hug the boots tall shafts, and best part was all was exposed for several minutes when he sat down and even crossed leggs until someone sat at table blocking my view. he ended up leaving before me to boot (no pun ~~ he-he). got a silly question to ask too... what does :rofl: mean?? later all. :(

Boots Rock!!!!

IMHO (In My Humble Opinion), ROFL means Rolling On Floor Laughing, BICBW (But I Could Be Wrong). Whilst I'm here, I might as well tell you that whilst shopping for a few basic groceries in Sainsbury's yesterday, I heard some familiar clicking and clomping sounds behind me. When I turned around I saw a little girl spinning and jumping in delight in her new patent mary-janes. Nothing exciting there, so I turned around to continue selecting my asparagus. As I turned, I saw a glint from the corner of my eye. The girl's mother came around from behind the potato stand. she was wearing one of those big floppy hats as seen on 19th century steam locomotive drivers, a big shaggy coat reaching her ankles, and a pair of the most amazing silver courts/pumps with what must have been at least 5" heels. Now 5" heels might not be THAT high by our standards, but she looked like she was barely 5ft tall and had very small feet. Needless to say, I was captivated and ended up buying a lot more than strictly necessary just so I could stay in the shop a little longer. I found a similar pair (except with an ankle strap) on eBay and I had to buy it.

• 1 month later...

This thread has been quiet lately, thought I'd bounce it back to page one. Had a great sighting today. I was doing some shopping in an arndale centre when I walked by a well dressed women in some gorgeous shoes. They were black suede peep-top courts with a high metal heel. They style looked vintage, I know metal heels are in at the moment but I've not seen a pair quite like these. I only saw her from behind and as it was crowded I couldn't get a good look. But I saw her a while later in a shop, she looked as if she was in her early 50's, still very attractive. I wish I'd bought one of those camera phones to get a few snaps!

While sat in my car at a red light last week a girl of about 25, very pretty with blond hair walked across the road directly in front of me. Two things about her imediately struck me. The black skirt she was wearing was just below the knee on one side, but sloped away to about halfway down her calf on the other. It was also very tight. Her shoes were gorgeous! They were a cream coloured patent leather court shoe with the side cut away on one side only. They were also very pointy and had heels of four inches. Very sexy indeed. I've never seen this shoe in cream patent leather before, but would be interested if anyone knows where they could be bought. Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Wandering Manhattan in the last few days, I was fortunate enough to spot at least 3 pairs of five inch heels. The first was a pair of white knee length leather boots, with two black stripes down the back and the zip between them. The heel was a very straight post type, about 5mm in diameter all the way up. Worn by a woman in her forties I would say, Western European from the language being spoken. I was able to walk along behind her and her husband for a 400 yards and not a hint of a stutter in her step.

The second was around three in the afternoon, a woman heading for Port Authority bus station. She was wearing an Oxford Type court with black patterned tights or stockings. The front of the shoe was open with cross lacing. Idiot that I am, I had my camera in my pocket and didn't use it. However, here's the style, only in black.

Posted Image

The third as in Time's square, a woman in her late twenties wearing a pair of pumps with another very slim heel, and a slim bar across the toes. Fortunately, a lot more women overe there wear their heels with skirts rather than hiding them under trousers all the time. Four and and half inch heels can be seen very frequently. In fact, I came back to Newark with a girl who was wearing four and half inch boots most of the weekend. She was catching the same flight back so I was able to admire those a lot.

Here's a few others that I managed to capture on camera during the weekend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

I've glanced through a few of the pages - haven't time to look at them all -but I wonder how many women here have recognised themselves either by description or picture. For my part, if a man liked my shoes enough to mention it here, I'd rather he spoke to me than just write about me, or worse, take a photo. How would others react?

I've glanced through a few of the pages - haven't time to look at them all -but I wonder how many women here have recognised themselves either by description or picture. For my part, if a man liked my shoes enough to mention it here, I'd rather he spoke to me than just write about me, or worse, take a photo. How would others react?

A lot of men are quite shy about stating to a woman they like her shoes. you see, men are not supposed to be interested in that sort of thing, and that makes a man reluctant to express himself that way. As for me, I've spoken to women about shoes, and get different reactions. I've received a phone number here and there. Wearing heels yourself helps quite a bit.

One time I happened to be speaking to a woman about some beautiful needle-toe courts she was wearing, and her apparent boyfriend showed up. He gave me the onceover and pulled her aside and grilled her. After a few minutes he glowered at me and called me "a queer" and told me to "stay away from my girlfriend". Well, I'd say if he really thought I was "queer" ie gay, he wouldn't care if I saw his GF nude :D

Anita, how do you think you would react if a man actually took your advice and commented to you on your shoes?

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

its patheti how life puts you into categories about what youre supposed to do, be interested in or wear. People should be entitled to do what they want without others having the right to make fun because its not what theyd choose to do. This is another think i think about on one of my bold stiletto days, breaking the rules is a nice feeling, helps you feel more in control of your life. plus Everyone is different and variety is the spice of life, so lets have more of it. daz

I agree with Anne Louise. I think women who wear high heels very much appreciate a compliment about their shoes, because they wear the heels with purpose and not because they didn't find another pair of shoes at the moment. I've made that experience several times. It's a different situation, of course, if a boyfriend or husband turns up who thinks you only want to get in contact with his wife or girlfriend. But even then, the negative reaction comes from him, not from her.

High Heels - a true feelgood-factor for everyone

• 2 weeks later...

They'll either bend further or break. I saw a wonderous sighting the other day! An oriental girl in "clam digger" type jeans and 5 inch courts in black patent. The amazing thing is she crossed to a traffic island just as I was approaching :bday: (I was going down Peckham Rye East side at the time). She then proceeded to walk down the middle of the road in the same direction with me following (very slowly :bday: ) and I was able to watch that sexy arse wiggling as she walked. :D :drinking: I nearly crashed my truck!

• 2 weeks later...