High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

Next are good but expensive. They seem to do only leather shoes and boots, which is nice, but they are expensive. As far as I can see they're worth it, tho'. They also have some styles in sizes over your standard UK8, which is a nice change. There's a store called 'Next To Nothing' in Brum, where they sell off lines cheap. I've been in there a few times and had some major major bargains. Plus, I think AndyB managed to buy a pair in there, which he liked. I only ever go in there during sales, but if I could wear my heels much more often, you wouldn't get me out of there. Well, until Faith opens :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GFM, I've had a look on the River Island web site but can't spot the one's you describe. Probably they've changed to the spring season now and those boots were from last season :(

As for which shop's better, I agree with you. Next is really conservative compared to RI. In fact, if you compare the clothes & footwear in both stores, RI wins on all acounts (although that maybe localised in Northampton :lol: )

Matt

Back on the subject of high heel sightings: I lived in Northampton for a while. Most mornings I'd see a girl walking to work towards the town from the top of London Road. She always wore high heels with pointed, slightly uplifted toes and long boot cut trousers. Once or twice she wore a skirt, to reveal the full glory of her knee high boots. Wow, lucky I didn't crash the car. Pretty sure they were Faith Solo but (unfortunately) I never got close enough to be certain. Hey Matt, give her a toot if you see her, eh!

Well, I must confess that the only time I've been back to Northampton since, I took a totally unnecessary detour on the off chance. Alas it was to no avail. Makes me wonder how many times I've done similar things. You know, quick left, left and left again to get a better look at some heels or boots passing by. Good to know I'm not the only one who'd go miles out of the way for a really good pair of boots. :lol:

don't need to go miles! Just need to sit out in town or round Tesco or Sainsbury's

There are some absolutely georgous boots and shoes parading around major supermarkets. And, someone please tell me, why do not have my camera with me when these fanastic boots go by??????

(smacks himself in the head for being a dufus!) :lol:

That's a good point, I forgot about those... My brother's got one as well! Lucky sod... Unfortunately they're not as good as a "normal" digital camera, since you can't download the photos from the phone straight to the computer. You have to email it from the phone, which costs money. And when you take lots of photos of all the lovely heels, you'll be notching up quite a phonebill! SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I've got a camera phone, but it's quite hard to be subtle with it... You should see FireFox in full-on photoing action - the next James Bond, I tell you! ObSighting: I spotted a lady in a wheelchair wearing 5" patent knee boots. OK, she wasn't walking in them, but it was still a pretty damn impressive statement. Sadly, I bottled out of going over there and saying 'hi!'.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

ObSighting: I spotted a lady in a wheelchair wearing 5" patent knee boots. OK, she wasn't walking in them, but it was still a pretty damn impressive statement.

Now there is something I have never seen. I wonder why.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Now there is something I have never seen. I wonder why.

People wear heels for two reasons: 1) Height gain 2) For the feeling. 3) Medical 4) I can't count

In a wheelchair, you wouldn't get the height gain since you're not standing. You get most of the feeling when you walk, so where would be the point of that?! Thirdly, heels aren't going to help a lot medically if you're in a wheelchair.

There may be other reasons I suppose, but it's 4am, and my brain is almost dead!

Goodnight :sleeping:

SH

People wear heels for two reasons: 1) Height gain 2) For the feeling. 3) Medical 4) I can't count

In a wheelchair, you wouldn't get the height gain since you're not standing. You get most of the feeling when you walk, so where would be the point of that?! Thirdly, heels aren't going to help a lot medically if you're in a wheelchair.

SH

In a wheelchair it's all about the looks, not walking feeling - right? As for me - by far the best attention attractor are highheels - anywhere, any time. And in a wheelchair you can't hide the heel at all :lol:

HH forever!

Well you can. A blanket would do it... or very long trousers! Mind you, having written that post at 4am, I now look back and think "why do I bother wearing heels when I'm not walking anywhere?!"... Of course the answer being I still like the feel of them when I'm sitting down :lol: SH

Wasn't there a scene in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, towards the end of the movie, where the Doctor was sitting in a wheel chair wearing a pair of fishnet stockings and black patent pumps with stiletto heels?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yes, there was a scene like that. The lower-half of the person in the wheelchair was covered in a blanket. I think the other people there are possibly urging that person to escape before he is 'got at', at which point the person sticks out a leg from under the blanket to reveal the fishnet stockings and high-heeled shoe they were already wearing.

Spot the Virgin !!! :lol: you'll be picked on because you haven't been before It's a bloody good experience, you'll enjoy it loads :( plus there'll be more shoes and boots than you can shake a stick at. half of the men going will be wearing high heels and 3/4 of the women will be wearing higher :)

I'm also planning my first trip to Rocky Horror fairly soon. I will do my best with the appropriate attire - but I'm not sure how much I want the people I'm going with to find out!!! We shall see, but I suspect it'll be a scream. Now, all I need to do is figure out how to smuggle in a water pistol, cigarette lighter and a piece of toast :lol:

we used to make pockets in the hem of the cape and stash what we needed in there :( I have many fond memories of putting all these things into the hem of my sisters female friends capes :o !!!---drools---!!! scantily clad females and me on my knees in front of them, a thin piece of lace seperating my face and their ..... STOP IT, FRANCIS. That's more than enough detail :lol: I'm sure everyone doesn't want to know the sordid details :) needless to say that every trip to RHPS is an experience. You remember every one of them. Believe me, you will !!!

Tell me, what makes it obvious that someone is a RHS virgin?

And where does the P come from, in RHPS?!

SH

Picture.

BTW you'll need a newspaper and some rice too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'll try and remember the newspaper and rice... what are they for?

Easy. The rice is for the wedding scene at the start of the film, and the newspaper is to stop you getting wet during the storm scene. Retaliation is accepted if you happen to have a water pistol in your pocket as well.

But beware, my last Rocky Horror show in the Bristol Hippadrome, someone had smuggled a stirrup pump onto the balcony. The newspaper kept me dry until the person behind accidently set light to it with his candle during "There's a light".

Nothing like a good bit of audience participation.