High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

On 2002-04-09 23:01, Heelson wrote:

Why oh why do so many ladies wear their jeans / trousers so long though, why would you want to hide beautiful shoes! :smile:

This is easy. Trousers and jeans are being sold in longer lengths, and obviously hemming a pant leg is a lost art in today's society. It's the designers trying to make each size good for any height, and the shorter women are not having the legs hammed up.

Good and bad rolled into one. It also becomes a fashion style and so many women believe thay have to wear things exactly as they are sold, from what I can see.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ranted about how my hometown had no women that wears the heels we like. Then the day after I posted it (friday apr. 5, 2002), there was two very good sightings. The first sighting: I was walking out of the movie theater after watching "The Rookie" and saw this older woman, late 40's-early 50's, wearing 4+" gray/taupe stiletto heel pumps. I did not know the actual height, because she was wearing pants over her shoes. The second sighting: I was at the shopping mall when I saw this young woman, teens to early 20's, wearing 3" black and white slingback spike heel pumps. Dan

On 2002-04-10 07:10, Trolldeg wrote:

Althoug I agree that it can be vexing not to see how high the heel is that a girl is wearing (though it's probably never even 4"), I think the long pant leg-look is cool.

My thoughts entirely Trolldeg. Provided the leg is not so long as to drag on the ground as so many girls are wearing today. That look is gross.

A pair of spiky stilettos and long pant legs does it for me.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

On 2002-04-10 03:03, Highluc wrote:

Hey Jeff, what kind of heels did you wear with your mum, did she comment or is she not interested in what you wear anymore?

I wore my 3,5" block ankle boots. I already asked her a couple of months ago if she'd still walk next to me in public. She has no problems at all with the heels. Her motto is you should to do what you want to do, you live your life to please yourself in the first place and not everybody else.

Her only comment yesterday was that I'm now even taller than I normaly am compared to her. I really look down on her now. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

I'm sure a lot of guys on this board would like to have such an open minded mom as yours. Holland always was on the forefront of liberated thinking and I'm glad to hear even the older generations share the same thoughts. Please give her the regards from the masculine heel wearers from this board, she deserves it.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Clubbing again tonight. Lots of platforms- both "flat" platforms of 1~2" and wedge or heels with platforms. Mostly chunky, not too many boots or stiletto heels. A few sandals, but very little with a stiletto. The way home was a nice sighting though. Driving by a 24 hour fast food joint, parked on the side of the road two girls were running between two cars in 4" stiletto sandals. Ruined only because they shouldn't even have bothered to try running in them...

On 2002-04-10 00:46, Jeff wrote:

Went to the what's called 'spring-fair' here in Maastricht with my mum tonight. Ofcourse in heels (me that is, not my mum.. :smile: ).

I was also in Maastricht last week wednesday and thursday. With my wife, so I had to steal some peeks without her noticing. The view on the street was great indeed, but the shops were a bit of a disappointment. As I'm a boot guy, the summer is always low season for me...

But to come back to the street view: it's exactly as you described it. About 3" blade heels or at least a thin block heel, and the teenagers in platforms.

On thursday I had 1h30 for myself while my wife was at the beauty salon getting a treatment, and that was just enough to visit all the shops in the center where I spotted still some boots with my wife the day before.

I tried some nice MEXX boots in a shop near het Vrijthof which looked ok and fit well, but they were just a bit too expensive at 149 EUR. All other ones didn't fit. What a disappointment...

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

OK, my sightings of last week: I was a few days in Central Europe with my wife for Easter holidays. We flew to Düsseldorf in Germany as it had reasonable air fares, and visited Bilzen and Lanaken in Belgium (both quite small cities), did some shopping in Hasselt (bigger city in Belgium), were 1/2 a day in Maastricht (Netherlands), took the Thalys to Paris on tuesday, and came back to Finland by car. I had another car parked in my parent's garage which I wanted to bring to Finland, so we drove Belgium-Holland-Germany-Denmark-Sweden-Finland. As we took the ferry in Stockholm, we had to be there on friday evening 20:00 but as there was 1600 km to drive before that we arrived with some hours of margin. Which meant some browsing through galleries in the center. Belgium (Hasselt, Bilzen, Lanaken): it seems that the heels are on the decline here. I noticed fewer boots and heels than last time. Only 20 km further, at the other side of the Dutch border, the situation was totally different. Also the supply in the shops was a huge disappointment, lots of open shoes and sandals, which is not my piece of cake. Oh, and before I forget: we were also in Alleur, (French speaking part of the country near Liège) in the large warehouses Makro and Cora but there wasn't anything either. In one of the smaller shops near Cora my wife found some admittedly nice looking 3" blade heel shoes with a pointy toe. For her business outfit... Paris, France then: totally different!!! It seems that the stiletto is king again. Plenty and lots of them, but of a peculiar kind: in the old days stilettos were made so that the curve from wide to pointy (half a square cm or so) went over the whole length of the heel, but the stilettos worn in Paris are straight for the lower 2/3rds of the heel - the curvature is only in the upper 1/3rd. I had never seen these in Scandinavia but no doubt it will blow over to here too. They are not exactly my piece of cake, but that may change. For the rest there are a lot of strange styles out there. Very few of what was for sale there could be considered as mainstream anywhere else. We visited quite some shops on les Champs Elysées and of course also the department store of Lafayette and I have to say that I wasn't really tempted by anything. Maastricht, The Netherlands: like said in some other post: lots of nice shoes on the streets, but nothing too interesting in the shops. Let's hope it gets winter soon again :smile: Stockholm, Sweden: we arrived in Stockholm at about 15:00 PM, and parked the car in a underground parking lot in the center, only to figure out later that it costs 50 SKR PER HOUR to park your car. Whow...! My wife was having a headache and she was cranky so couldn't visit too many shops. We did one nice mall, called Gallerien if I recall right, which had some nice shops and even some nice Bronx boots on sale but trying them on was out of question of course, as my wife doesn't let me wear anything with heels. Lots of nice bootwearing ladies in Stockholm too, even better than in Helsinki.... Also in Stockholm there was a tendency visible to pointier toes and heels... Now back at home , but unfortunately I don't end up in too many places abroad without my wife so I could do some boothunting. I noticed in the pile of mail that my 3" cowboys have arrived from the states. Tomorrow I got to pick them up as soon as I can! Bert

To day I saw two, not one but two pairs of thigh high boots to day. I was driving in a town doing a little bit of shopping when I was passing a store. In the parking lot there were two women who were wearing short shorts and thigh high boots. One was wearing a pair of black and the other was wearing white. To bad I did not see them for long. I could not believe it.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Hi Bert, thank you for the comparative report on shoes in the stores and on the streets throughout Europe. You traveled quite a bit in that week. You were also very lucky with the weather, hence the lack of boots. Your cry for getting winter back worked, it rains again today after more than 2 weeks of sunshine. Next time before doing your rain dance please take into account some of us also like to wear sandals, pumps and slingbacks. I think we are all anxious to see your new cowboy boots. Bye, Highluc

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

On 2002-04-15 01:48, Bert wrote:

Paris, France then: totally different!!! It seems that the stiletto is king again. Plenty and lots of them, but of a peculiar kind: in the old days stilettos were made so that the curve from wide to pointy (half a square cm or so) went over the whole length of the heel, but the stilettos worn in Paris are straight for the lower 2/3rds of the heel - the curvature is only in the upper 1/3rd.

I've seen stillettos like this in England, with about a 3" heel. The top part was black plastic with the base being a round metal spike about 1/4" diameter. Only seen them in the shops so far, not on the streets.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. Quite a few combinations of sandals, wedges, wood, and cork on campus at the moment. Also, surprising numbers of ~3" boots too- given the hot weather around here that's a big surprise. Nothing exceptional has been sighted this week, although the week IS only half over...

No sightings at all apart from in Faith shoe shop. Loads of stiletto sandals, some gorgeous boots but where are the women who buy them :eek: jo-jo xx

Don't ask me how I walk in them just try a pair

Attractive heels in the fashion flyers dropped in the mail box but not so much in the streets is common in Australia too. Then there is a preference for comfort in the streets, change at the office or destination

Last night on the streetside cafes in town there were many girls wearing high heels. Almost all girls of turkish origin were wearing very high heels, there was one girl on 6 inch platform heels even. Most other heels were fashionable sandals and pumps, with mostly 4 inch heels. one girl on 5 inch mules sitting nearby my table though. And now here at work there is a girl wearing 4 or maybe 4,5 inch fashionable pumps. very sexy shoes she wears. Maybe i'll ask her where she bought them :smile:

Really hot sighting today, while out at lunch today, saw blonde lady in short black skirt, red blouse and what looked like 5in black courts with straps that wrapped around her lower ankle area, wanted to stop and ask her where she got them. Want a pair.

I was born in Gent and still go there to visit relatives. The world of heels is small isn't it?

On 2002-04-29 12:47, phuonginheels wrote:

Close enough, I live in GenT. :smile:

have you ever been here?

Sure, been often enough on the Hentse Fieste. Well I was born in GenK, now I think about it :smile: But only because there is a hospital.

Bert

While at work, I noticed a girl waiting for a ride home. She was holding a pair of four inch thin heeled strappy sandals. Black, of course. Not stiletto, which is a shame, but hey, it is a start. The bad part, of course, is that she was not wearing them. She had on something boring, thick soled sandals that offer no heel height, just a plat, and a piece of fabric to hold the foot to the shoe. Why change? If I am getting a ride home, I wear my heels! Of course, there are some three inch stiletto style heels I have seen here and there worn by women heading down to the parkade. Lucky people who make money. I am still the highest heeled woman in the building. Go me!

sitting watching all the young ladies and men going to high school prom. i think every girl had on a pair of sandals with platforms and chunky heels (yuk). did not see one stiletto heel.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

I was leaving one of shopping malls in Salem, when saw a woman, in her 30's, maybe 40's, leaving the mall wearing a pair of purple shoes. I don't know the exact name of the style she wore, but it is a cross between of a pump/court and a sandal. The toe area is a closed-toe and the back is like a pair of strappy sandals. The heel is a 3" to 3.5" spike heel.