That's it .... default mode is skirt and heels.

xaphod

Thighbootguy: Well, I must say I found those earrings to have been most interesting. Nothing overly guady, large or flashy, rather tasteful if you ask me. If you were to pair them with a miniskirt and thigh high boots, you'll send the brains of everyone around you into overload. They won't know what to focus their attention on! Heh!

JeffB-

Thanks for the kind words (especially the WOW) and yep, it's all your fault. :wink:

Heh! I didn't know I could corrupt minds so easily!

:D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kneehighs:-) It's great to be able to put a face with a name for you. Thanks. JeffB:-) ABLE TO CORRUPT MINDS IN A SINGLE INSTANT. It sounds like someone is ballyhooing a superhero. TEE! HEE! Saved any damsels in distress yet? Seriously---your pics are great and a great outfit that suits you for Mall heeling. Thighbootguy:-) Good to see you again in person. I enjoyed the pics of you in your skirts. That's a great collection of earrings you picked up at a very reasonable price. Enjoy wearing them. I think them with the mini-skirt and thighboots would blow most peoples minds and they wouldn't know what to look at first. Bend the envelope again, my friend. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Geez, dangling earrings!!! I've seen plenty of small rings and studs, but nothing like that. They look better than the guy in the phone store with big grommets in his ear lobes. Those were a little grotesque, I thought. I am so accident prone, I don't even wear a ring. Rings were always getting caught in drawer handles, or hung up on something. Earrings would probably be the same. Toe rings are safe, though, I think.

Thighbootguy: After careful consideration, I've arrived at the conclusion that I certainly couldn't wear earrings like what you sported. Just wouldn't have the nerve, which makes me admire your chutzpah even more. Makes me wonder what's coming from you next!

:D

JeffB -

I never thought I would be wearing a leather skirt either but ...

The price was right to try them ($1/pair) and there clip on so there is no commitment to wearing them.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hi, thighbootguy. I think you in the "long dark gray stretch skirt with the slit on the left side and a long sweater" was quite distinguishing!

If you're at all interested in getting your ears pierced, just go to Sallys (a chain of cosmetic, salon, and mani/pedicure products). They carry the Studex medisept personal piercer. Only $10 for both ears.

Here's what they look like: http://www.studex.com/studex/medisept/files/medisept.html

It's how I did mine.

If you're interested, pick a Friday, or preferrably the start of a three-day weekend or other holidy.

Take a shower. Showering within three days after piercing really isn't recommended due to the increase in infection.

Make sure you pick a style you'll be happy wearing to work, as you should NOT take them out for three weeks. I did (had to for work) and it took months for my piercings to finally heal.

Some cautions:

1. Prep the piercers. Lay out a fresh, clean washcloth, on a flat surface, open the piercers package, and let them fall to the washcloth without touching them.

2. Wash hands thoroughly, turn off water with a clean washrag. Dry them with a clean towel.

3. Wipe the earlobes and surrounding area thoroughly with alcohol and a cotton ball. Use a different cotton ball for each ear.

4. Pour a little alcohol on the tips of your fingers, work it around to kill the germs, and let it dry.

5. Pick up a piercer, place it, checking the placement from several angles, and following the directions, activate it.

6. Note - It's best to use firm pressure with a complete follow-through. If you're hesitant, the stud will usually go through, but the fastener probably won't. You can't over fasten it because of the way it's designed.

7. Pain? Just a momentary sharp pain (like any needle jab), then really, nothing. You'll be aware that they are in there, but that's about all. After about half an hour, my earlobes began to throb, but an aspirin cured that, and the next morning there was no more pain at all.

If you follow the above guidelines, you should have permanently pierced ears without a hitch!

Like I said, I never thought I’d wear a leather skirt but look what I found for $6.

Posted Image

Yes, it’s a fire engine red long sleeved leather dress that is above the knee length and looks fantastic with my black thigh boots. This is just a feel good outfit that I have no intention of wearing out (not even to pose for you folks).

One of the clerks at the Goodwill that I see all the time finally ask me, “What do you do with all this stuff”?

I said, “Some of it is for me and some for friends” (Ok, it’s all for me). She seemed satisfied with my answer and not a bit surprised or put off. This is a good place to shop.

BobHH -

Ouch, but very funny.

dr1819

Thanks for the tips on earrings but I’m not ready to go there quite yet.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Like I said, I never thought I’d wear a leather skirt but look what I found for $6.

Posted Image

Yes, it’s a fire engine red long sleeved leather dress that is above the knee length and looks fantastic with my black thigh boots. This is just a feel good outfit that I have no intention of wearing out (not even to pose for you folks.

And the world is deprived of seeing what is no doubt an impressive looking outfit. Oh, well, guess we'll just have to settle for using our imaginations to picture what you look like in that dress!

:rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

For my grocery stop this morning I wore a white turtleneck, gold/silver earrings, black knee length leather skirt, mid calf flat heel boots with off black hose. I walked around the store and said “Hi” to several of the clerks I knew. One of the items I picked up was a pair of Just My Size 2X Micro Fiber tights. The checkout clerk was a lady who has seen me in a skirt many times When I got to the checkout I commented about the tights, “Those are really warm … I know if I’m worried about warm why am I wearing a skirt”. She laughed and said “Oh well”, then looked me over again, “you really do look nice though”. “Really”? “Yeah, it looks nice”. “Then let me ask do these boots look better with a skirt then my tall ones?” She looked again, “I don’t think it makes any difference”. I thanked her and started out and saw the other register clerk was another lady who has seen me many times. (She is the one who advised me to loose the leather skirt). I asked her, “Do these boots look better with a skirt than the tall ones?” She looked and thought and said, “Yeah, I think they do look better”. I thanked her and we bid each other a good day. In the car I changed from the skirt into my slacks, removed the earrings (almost forgot one morning) and headed for work. Good start on the day.

Tonight on the way home I stopped at Meyjer’s for fixens for supper. I switched back into the black leather skirt, gold/silver earrings and walked in from the parking lot to go shopping. Only one lady gave me a nice smile, and another gave me one of those disapproving looks that would cool soup, but no one else noticed. Really, no one else paid any attention. I walked the full length of the store and even went through the shoe department. At the register I asked the clerk, Is this too much?” and all I got was a smile which meant it was too much for her. I walked back across the parking lot, again without notice.

There is a Payless in the same shopping center and I went in to look around. The clerk and the manager were processing a new shipment in the stockroom which was right by the women’s 12 section. They apologized for being in my way but I didn’t let that stop me. I found a pair of boots on sale that fit nicely ($15, I’m still on a very tight budget).

Posted Image

I knew they fit because I tried them and several other pair on. Yep, sitting in a Payless wearing a leather skirt, with the clerk and manager working around me, and trying on boots. As I was going to the front of the store I stopped and asked the manager (nice lady) if my outfit looked Ok, and she after giving me the once over, said “Yeah, it looks Ok.” And gave me a very .nice smile.

I went on the checkout and paid for the boots and asked the clerk (black male) the same question and he also said, “It looks Ok” and seemed very comfortable telling me so. The manager also seemed very comfortable talking to me.

I asked if they had any other boots in a 12 and the clerk said they didn’t get too many but there may be some in the shipment they were processing so we both went back to the manager and I asked if there were any 12’s in the shipment. She checked and said there weren’t but she said I could always call and check then the clerk offered that I could order a pair on-line and pick them up at the store. I got the feeling they were Ok with a guy wearing a leather skirt and didn’t mind having him come back (especially since he bought something).

Again a fine end of a day.

This morning’s grocery shop was another in the black leather knee length skirt. I also wore black tights and my new boots. I think the outfit looked very nice. I think the skirt looks better with the lower boots than it does with my thigh length ones. I got a couple of “Hi”s from some of the morning staff and the register clerk. Unfortunately she was busy with some other task and didn’t have time to talk to me this morning. I still am trying to figure out how I got so comfortable wearing these clothes. My whole upbringing has taught me that guys don’t dress like this but I sure do enjoy the look.

You always get the good reactions, maybe one day i can find an ankle length skirt to go with my clogs and get half as good a reaction as you. Love the details on the outings thighbootguy. Keep it up :D

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

Tonight on the way home from work I changed from my slacks into the black knee length leather skirt and my new mid calf black boots and went shopping. I was wearing a long sleeved denim shirt over a sleeveless black turtleneck, tan suede leather jacket, leather skirt, black tights, black suede boots with a 3” heel, and gold/silver earrings. I’m still surprised I feel comfortable wearing this but I really do. My first stop was Bigg’s. I wandered around and got a few double takes but everyone returned my smile and greeting. I just offered a smile, a nod of my head and said, “Evening” and the “be polite response reflex” most people have kicked in and they smiled back and responded. At the checkout I chose a line run by a clerk I knew. She gave me a warm greeting and asked how I was doing and started to ring up my items. I asked, “How do you read this?” and indicated my skirt. She stopped and looked over the counter to see everything I was wearing and said, “Looks good” and, while nodding approval, gave me a bigger smile. “What would you change?” “Nothing, it looks nice. The shorter boots look better. I got a shorter pair (and she indicated the height on her leg) because my tall ones (and she indicated an over the knee height) get caught in my skirt.” "Yeah, I know". I paid for my stuff, thanked her for her comment and walked out of the store. It hadn’t hit me yet that she just told me she wears thigh boots. I’ll have to asker her about them the next time I see her. I stopped in a Goodwill (thrift shop) and walked through. One girl pointed me out to her mom and they were amused at my expense. At the register, there was some confusion about who was first in line and I insisted the other people go first. The clerk (guy) didn’t bat an eye at waiting on a guy in a skirt and earrings. I made a detour and stopped in the Payless where I bought my boots a few days ago. When I went in I saw the same manager was on duty and we were the only ones in the store. She said, “Hi” and vanished somewhere I went to the size 12 section to see if there was anything new. There wasn’t but I tried on several other boots. I didn’t find anything I wanted and was ready to leave when the manager asked me, “Find anything?” “No but I wanted to thank you for making me feel so comfortable the other night.” “Oh, that’s Ok.” “Is my coming in like this a problem for you or the store?” “No not at all!” was the earnest answer. “I know several other guys that do this (indicating my skirt) and they all say Payless is a good place to shop. Is it part of the training?” “No it isn't, were just good people.” “Your right.’ Her smile got even bigger at the complement. “Tell me how this looks, what would you change?” She took a few seconds and looked me over and then, indicating each area on me with the flat of her hand, said, “The bottom is dressy (skirt, tights, boots), but the top (denim shirt) is casual. Either make the top more dressy or the bottom more casual.” “Thanks, I really appreciate that.” We bid each other a good evening and I left. My next stop was Sam’s Club. I went in and wandered around and most people either didn’t notice or didn’t care. I did get a few look overs but they were from young girls who wished they were with other girls around so they could giggle. At the checkout I got in a line for a clerk I knew well. No one else in line gave me any reaction at all. The clerk (lady) greeted me by name (without looking at my membership card). She has seen me in there many times wearing my thigh boots and has commented on how they look. I said, “I’ve started going out like this. What do you think?” I don’t think she wanted to encourage me as she said, ”You wear what makes you happy”. “Would you change anything?” “Nothing ... You have a good night now.” We said goodnight and I walked out. The guy at the door had seen me in my thigh boots many times but seemed a little unsure about me in a skirt but he bid me a good evening anyway. I stopped to get gas but there was no one else at the station so it was totally uneventful. It took a little while for the folks that see me on a regular basis to come to expect to see me wearing thigh boots. If I keep wearing the skirt, I think they will accept that also. I understand how much fun it is to dress like this in private but it is a lot more fun to venture out in public. If you pick then places you go with some care, going out in a skirt can be as much fun as going out in thigh boots. It’s all about being comfortable with the image you are presenting. If you don’t like the way you look, don’t go out no matter how much fun the clothing is to wear. If you like the look, go for it.

I went shopping this afternoon wearing a white shirt over a sleeveless black turtleneck, black hose, knee length black leather skirt, gold/silver earrings/ mid calf boots with 3” heels, and a tan suede coat. I went to several stores where the clerks did not know me and the people there definitely hadn’t seen a guy in a leather skirt before. The first store was a PetSmart for some cat food. I told the manager what I wanted (full case) and she had to get it from stock. I was the only customer in the store with a male clerk and a female manager. I walked around the store a bit and both the clerk and the manager were curious. When she brought out the case of cat food, the clerk rang it up. I said to the manager, “I’m new at this, does it look Ok?”. They both looked me over again and she said, “Yeah, It’s Ok”. We bid each other good day and I walked on out to the car. The next stop was Sam’s club. Again this was not the Sam’s where I normally shop. I got several stares and a couple of double takes which I expected but when I got to the meat counter I had a real test of confidence. I had to ring for the butcher to weigh a country ham for me. When he came out I handed him the ham but he didn’t take it right away. Instead he looked at me and noticed the earrings then down and saw the skirt and boots and he broke out laughing right in my face. I really feel comfortable wearing a leather skirt and it must have shown. Without any hesitation I asked, “What, this too much?” He took the ham and said, “No, I just wanted to be sure what I was seeing”. We both had confidence in ourselves so the encounter went well. When he went into the back to weigh the ham, I noticed that all the other butchers came up to the window in the door to see the guy in the skirt. I went through the rest of the store and the checkout with out anything else happening. My last stop was a Bigg’s. Again I got a couple of surprised looks but most folks ignored (or didn’t notice) me. At the checkout the clerk was a young lady who noticed what I had on and I asked her, “Does this look Ok?” She looked me over and said, “Yeah, it looks good. Do you like the earrings?’ “Yeah I do. I like yours to”. “Thanks, my boyfriend gave them to me.” “Is this too much to run around in?” “Nah, you look nice.” I thanked her and headed home. Even the encounter with the butcher was Ok. I at least got an honest and non violent reaction from the guy. My observation is that females are more tolerant of a guy wearing a skirt than males are. I suspect it is because the males are in some way threatened and the females know they can do it better than I can. All and all it was a nice outing.

Thighbootguy:-) Even though the guy busted out laughing in your face, he quickly recovered his composure and a potentially explosive incident went quite well for both you and he. You both handled yourselves well under the circumstances. Congrats! It sounds like a great experience for you both and things should go much better the next time you meet. Keep us posted. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 1 month later...

While I was out for lunch today I stopped the Goodwill and they were having one of their 50% off sales. I found a dark brown suede leather skirt that matched the jacket I was wearing and couldn’t pass it up for $2. And yes, I tried it on in the store. I plan on giving this skirt a try with the black turtleneck and black thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels when I go shopping tonight. I’ll let you know how it goes.

-Lindsay

There will probably be a few bus drivers in Reston Va. that have a similar story to tell about a guy that got on their bus with a pair of black leather thigh boots with 4i” stiletto heels. Here’s a link to the Thigh Boats in Public thread where I wrote about the adventure. Link

I wear my gray hair in a pony tail and the outfit you described might be something I would try (but I'm not sure I would do it on a bus where changing my mind would be difficult). Even though you can't strile up a conversation, I'll bet a "nice boots" comment would have been appreciated.

Shopping tonight in my new brown suede skirt went without incident. I went to Sam’s where I have gone many times before and they expect me to be wearing thigh boots. I did get a couple of raised eyebrows when I walked in but after that hardly anyone noticed. Those that did gave no reaction. At the checkout I got a clerk who tad seen me before and as she was ringing up my stuff, I asked her if this outfit looked Ok? She gave me one of those “whatever you like” answers but then went on to say, “You should have a lighter top,... tan would be nice”. “Wouldn’t that be too much with the brown skirt?” “Light tan... very light”. “Oh, I see ... Thanks” She really was giving me constructive criticism and I made sure she knew I appreciated it. Great end to the evening.

Thighbootguy:-) Wearing a very light tan suede jacket with that dark suede skirt was great advise coming from that female clerk and I'm sure she was genuine with it. Keep looking in the second hand shops and I'm sure, sooner or later, you will find a jacket for that skirt that will be real cheap and satisfying. Cheers--- Dawn HH

This morning I wore my new brown leather skirt on my grocery shopping stop. I had on black hose, grey turtleneck, gold/silver earrings, black leather thigh boots with 4" stiletto heels that were folded down to be knee high and a brown suede coat. The top of the boots came to just below the hem of the skirt. The outfit didn't look bad at all.

There were more stock people in the store this morning that I have ever seen before but no one said a word but most of these folks are used to seeing me. The checkout register clerk greeted me with a cheery good morning and didn’t bat an eye at the new pair of black hose I bought. As I was leaving, an off duty clerk bid me a good morning.

Nice way to start the day.

DawnHH -

I'm always on the lookout for a bargin. :D

It was very hot and humid today and by 8 am the temp had already reached 24c so I spent a lazy morning on the deck, just messing about, enjoying the breeze and strong Turkish coffee.

The lady in my life came out and joined me some time later, wearing nothing more than a blue sarong, a large straw hat and a rather cheeky smile. She gave me a kiss and said "I really really like that skirt on you… but aren’t you hot?? "

With that she padded back to the bedroom and returned with another sarong and my tan slides. The sarong was a dark sand color with a leopard pattern embossed onto it. Like hers, it was also made from Thai silk.

"Put these on Hon"....with this heat you'll more comfortable in some thing lighter"

So I stepped out of the skirt I was wearing and changed on the spot....and that’s when she slid her hand over my thigh and said,

"Damn you look dirty......" :D

lol...It's all in the eyes of the beholder I suppose. Anyway, this is what I was wearing before C**** gave me her sarong. Altho it's not my "default mode," I do enjoy skirts when the mood strikes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

jim

Wow Jim! You really pull off skirt wearing well.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Amazing. It doesn't make me think there's a woman sitting if I scroll the image so that only the skirt is visible and your heels, knowing that it's a man. Looking at it gives me a peacefull way of accepting it, though I see this image for the first time. I see you are also into nailpolish... that's very nice indeed ^^

If all is lost as it may seem,

in a cruel endless game,

I'd rather live to redeem,

than to die in shame!

This morning I made my grocery stop wearing a dark brown suede winter coat, dark blue turtleneck, gold loop earrings, black leather knee length skirt, black hose, and black thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels with the shaft turned down to knee high length.

I think the boots worn at this height, stopping below the hem of the skirt, look better with a skirt than having the boots extend up past the hem. It also keeps the top of the boots from getting caught in the hem as I walk.

There were very few people in the store but I got a nice “good morning” from many of the staff including a lady working in the lady’s clothing section. I had never seen her before and I doubt if she had seen me either but if I see her again I’ll stop and chat. I did wander around a bit just because I enjoy the look. The cashier was a lady that sees me often and I think she really means it when she says, “It’s good to see you”.

I am finding this just a good way to start the day.

Jim –

Fantastic outfit and it really looks comfortable. More importantly, you look comfortable wearing it and that is the most important point of all.

I enjoy leather skirts with boots, but at 75 F at 08:00 it would be way out of the practical range for that combination. When things warm up in my part of the world I’ll have to remember your look.

It’s also great to hear that “The lady in my life” is as comfortable with your look as you are.

This morning I had do some banking, which meant I had some time to kill while waiting for the bank to open. I headed downtown wearing a long sleeved white shirt over a black turtleneck, brown knee length leather skirt that matched the color of my brown suede coat. I also wore black hose and black thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels with the shaft cuffed down to knee length. I had about 30 minutes before the bank opened so I walked up and down the main street in town. I did catch my reflection in several store windows and I don’t think the outfit looked too bad at all. There weren’t too many people out and about and most of them didn’t pay any attention. The ones that noticed, just went on by. When I got to the bank I still had to wait outside for a few minutes and there were two other guys already waiting. One guy in a suit really seemed disturbed by my presence but he kept working his cell phone. The other guy didn’t seem to care. In the bank I got a teller that has seem be several times before and we chatted a bit. She didn’t seem concerned at all that I was wearing a skirt and boots. This was the teller that, several months ago, I had asked if my boots were too much for downtown and she told me, “You’ll fit right in down here”. After the banking, I headed for work and stopped for my grocery shopping. Since I was running late I dashed in and out without incident. This has been a great start for the day.