That's it .... default mode is skirt and heels.

xaphod

I stopped at the Goodwill (thrift store) today at lunch and they had clothing on a 50% off sale. Normally their stuff is cheap but this was too much to pass up. They don’t advertise these sales but word spreads very quickly and the store was packed. I picked up a black ladies blazer that fits very well and a chocolate brown leather skirt with a built in belt that falls just above the knee. I had seen this skirt before and passed it up because I already had too many leather skirts but ... The skirt was brand new with the original $90 price tag and an extra button and the silica jell packs in the pockets. The label says it is a size 12 but it fits me like a 16. I’m wearing it now with a black turtleneck and black knee boots and the outfit looks fine. I wore the blazer with my chap boots and jeans at Sam’s and Bigg’s last night and the outfit worked well. I walked out of the Goodwill $7 poorer. That is bargain hunting.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some other guy here (sorry, I couldn't find the post) said that with long skirts, knee highs or thigh highs are the same, I don't thik so! Thigh highs use to "mark" the skirts specially when you're seated, that is not good. This comment came from a girl when I sugested her to use thigh highs and her skirt. So the point is: bellow the knees skirts should cover at least a part of the boots shafts including when seated, shafts no longer then the knee high.

But JeffB, congratulations again, yes, I turned into your fan!

Thanks for your kind words, flavio! I appreciate it! On the subject of wearing thigh boots with long skirts, I did indeed see how the top of the boot was noticeable when I sat, and given those two skirts I have are clingy, that was even more notiecable. I'll see what I can do about buying knee boots which should provide a cleaner line in a long skirt. Thanks for the observation.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi Jeff,

Just wanted to let you know how incredible your latest pic post is on your photobucket site! Awesome look with your leather skirt, red top and black patent pumps!! Another outfit begging for your thigh high Boots! Hehehehehehehe.

david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Prediction: JeffB 1 year later. "I don't know why I ever wore mens clothes. Wearing heels with a dress is the best thing I have ever done. And now letting my hair grow out, and becoming rather skilled with makeup, I don't remember going out looking like a man" lol.

Iloveboots: Many, many thanks for your kind words! And for the benefit of anyone who hasn't been by my webpage:

Posted Image

Not bad, eh? If someone told me a year ago that I'd be posting pictures of myself in a black leather miniskirt and heels on the Internet, I would've called said person crazy! But today, I'm quite comfortable with this! And, I get to show off perhaps THE sexiest pair of legs on this board! Why deny the obvious? I've got seriously kick-ass gams! Hell, I'm sure not many women here have legs as hot as mine!

;)

Another trip to another thrift shop turned up two more long skirts to add to my growing little collection:

Posted Image

As you can see, the main attraction of this sleek black skirt is the near thigh high slit on the side. That caught my eye almost instantly and I knew I just had to have it! Fortunately, it was in my size! Oh, happy day! As good as the look was with thigh boots, I'm sure it'll look even better with knee high boots, allowing me to show off a flash of nylon clad thigh!

;)

Posted Image

Imagine my surprise at finding a suede skirt at that shop! And finding it in my size to boot! Double happy day! The length of the skirt was quite appealing to me and, as you can see, it works exceptionally well with boots. Between the two skirts, and the gray sweater which was a women's sweater, I spent all of $56.00. Not too bad at all!

I don't mind saying that all of a sudden, I'm really starting to love wearing skirts, especially long skirts, I look good in them, and I feel good in them! And I'm sure I'll probably purchase more. Please let me know what you think of the pics!

:lol:

In a skirt Jeff, I think the boots work much better for you then the pumps. Just my opinion.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

JeffB:-) Thighbootguy:-) What bargains you two have scoffed up. TREMENDOUS!!! And Jeff---not only do you look HOT in those outfits, but you have gained another fan for your fan club in Flavio in Brazil. How about that!!! You are now known world-wide as a convincing, somewhat fashion guru. FANTASTIC!!! More pics please and how about some from TBG also. Thanks in advance. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB:-)

Thighbootguy:-)

What bargains you two have scoffed up. TREMENDOUS!!! And Jeff---not only do you look HOT in those outfits, but you have gained another fan for your fan club in Flavio in Brazil. How about that!!! You are now known world-wide as a convincing, somewhat fashion guru. FANTASTIC!!! More pics please and how about some from TBG also. Thanks in advance.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Thanks for the kind words! I do as best I can! Heh! I forgot to mention that I cleared an important hurdle in what might well be the next step in my evolution----going out in a skirt. Today at a kiosk that sells leather products like belts and such, I bought a man purse! It's black, leather, with plenty of compartments to hold stuff like car keys, a wallet, cell phone and loose change. Hey! It was either that or buy a real purse, something I contemplated while at that thrift shop. Now, to work on the logistics for an outing! Yep, I'm quite serious about this, and it's happened so suddenly too! I'll keep everyone appraised on this little venture!

;)

Posted Image

After all the previous talk about skirts, I haven't forgotten about this cunning item from the Victoria's Secret website. Call me crazy, but, for reasons I can't explain or understand, suddenly I'm thinking that I'd LOVE to wear that dress! This is no joke, I'm dead serious, guys! Accessorize it with a pair of sleek black boots (like in the picture), and a wide belt in black patent and you'd have one kick-ass outfit! Wow! What on earth is happening to me? I'm going from just heels to skirts (four I've bought in two days), and now, potentially, dresses! All these incredible urges happening so quickly, and with a force I couldn't anticipate! It's making for one hell of a rush! What do you think? Have I lost it, or is this another part of the passion that comes with exploring fashion freedom? I'd really like to get your comments on this as maybe I'm venturing into uncharted territory. Like I said, I don't understand this, and I'd like to, just to satisfy my curiosity.

;)

JeffB, my friend....I think you should just take the bull by the horns and run with it! You have great taste, and the last pics showed a really good co-ordinated style! I love pushing the envelope myself, and it's a rush each and every time! Granted I liked the fashions of the 80's a LOT better than today's, but that's just me, hee hee..... Best of luck with it, and always...keep up the great pics!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

JeffB:-) You haven't lost it any more than the rest of us. Wearing a dress like the one from Victoria's Secret looks like a great outfit and the man bag would give you something to put all of your pocket junk into and could probably be a lot better organized than in your bulging pockets. Take on another adventure as the next step in your evolution and try a dress if for nothing else than to see what public reactions you might get. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

And here I was thinking somebody would rein me in and say "Whoa! Slow down there, dude! You're getting out of control!" Instead, you're encouraging me!! HA!! That's just too funny!

:rofl:

Well, what the hell! Okay, guys, you've convinced me! I'll go ahead and order that dress from Victoria's Secret. When I stop to think about it, I was probably gonna do that anyway. From a fashion standpoint, it's just too cool to resist, especially with my current passion for long skirts. I really think I'll look good in it. I'll keep everyone abreast of what happens here.

;)

JeffB - The model in the picture looks like a size 3. Don’t expect your 18 to look that good. If you suspect you are “getting out of control” I’d listen to that inner voice. Read you PM.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

JeffB -

The model in the picture looks like a size 3. Don’t expect your 18 to look that good. If you suspect you are “getting out of control” I’d listen to that inner voice. Read you PM.

Oh, I already know that going in. Fortunately, I keep myself in good shape and have a fairly slim build. So I think I can make that dress work. And yeah, you're right about the inner voice. Perhaps I should heed it. I'll just have to see what happens.

I don't know if you can pull off that VS dress, JeffB. If you can more power to you. But it does look like it might be super comfy though.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Jeff, On the last picture the skirt didn't really flatter your physique. I would suggest staying away from flowing granny style skirts. The others were great though.

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

Presenting a couple of variations on previous outfits:

Posted ImagePosted Image

LEFT: Today I bought a sportcoat from a thrift shop and tried it out with a white top, a slim black skirt and the thigh boots.

RIGHT: In this shot, I paired a black turtleneck with the long gray skirt and black thigh boots. The belt I also bought at that same shop.

As for previous comments posted, I appreciate all your criticisms, both good and bad, you're telling me what I'm doing right, and what I'm doing wrong, and I like that sort of feedback. Regarding the VS dress, after having given it lots of thought, clearly I had gotten just a bit too carried away with wanting something like that. In fact, when I stop to think about it, maybe I've taken things just a bit too far with everything I've been doing here of late. I fully understand if others find what I've done to be off-kilter, off-topic, or if they're uncomfortable with it all. If you do feel that way, then I apologize. I would appreciate your thoughts on that as well.

The left pic really seems to work well Jeff. Stick with pencils, stay away from A-lines. Your body type works well with pencil skirts. Also I'd avoid the big belts. Anywhere near knee length seems to work well for just about everybody.

Definately the skirts work the best, mate. I recently aquired a full-length skirt (40") and died it black. Beautiful! And wearing it around town is wonderful with my 4" heeled suede leather boots. Even my black leather boots look good with my new skirt!

Presenting a couple of variations on previous outfits:

Posted ImagePosted Image

LEFT: Today I bought a sportcoat from a thrift shop and tried it out with a white top, a slim black skirt and the thigh boots.

RIGHT: In this shot, I paired a black turtleneck with the long gray skirt and black thigh boots. The belt I also bought at that same shop.

As for previous comments posted, I appreciate all your criticisms, both good and bad, you're telling me what I'm doing right, and what I'm doing wrong, and I like that sort of feedback. Regarding the VS dress, after having given it lots of thought, clearly I had gotten just a bit too carried away with wanting something like that. In fact, when I stop to think about it, maybe I've taken things just a bit too far with everything I've been doing here of late. I fully understand if others find what I've done to be off-kilter, off-topic, or if they're uncomfortable with it all. If you do feel that way, then I apologize. I would appreciate your thoughts on that as well.

Definately the first one, Jeff. More so if it were a longer (40") skirt.

With the thighboot I think he could even pull off an above the knee pencil skirt.

Well, thanks much for the constructive comments! I've taken notes and will consider everything I've read. Especially what Shafted wrote about pencil skirts, those do look good on me. At present, I'm still thinking about going out in a skirt, I'm just planning the right situation for such an outing. I'll keep everyone posted.