That's it .... default mode is skirt and heels.

xaphod

I was out a couple of days ago wearing 4" stils, skirt and a white t-shirt. I don't know why, but it just felt a heck more comfortable than sticky old trouser legs in warm weather. I've been out in knee boots too when it was cooler in the evening .... wearing trousers over boots would just have been way too warm around the legs. So, I've decided that I shall go to the wardrobe in the morning and select a skirt to wear, unless there is an over-riding reason why I should not. For example, this morning I'm looking for some propagator boxes at the nursery for some fuschia cuttings from my old house. It's got to be 5" fuss courts with black pinstripe skirt and white t-shirt. Unfortunately I'm going to be reassembling a gearbox this afternoon, so boo-hoo, I'm going to have to ditch the skirt, wear mucky trousers and my workboots. I will get to play this eve, though, ..... it's tranny night at a pub I know, so the blue knee-highs will get their first outing in public. Xa

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xaphod - I like your plan! I've been out in boots a number of times now and my next plan is to wear a skirt out. When I was in London a few months back I passed a guy wearing a long pinstripe skirt and I must say he looked really good. Watch this space is all I can say.... Nik PS where is this pub?

More power to you, xaphod! That's quite a bold and devil may care move you've made. I hope all goes well for you. :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

PS where is this pub?

The Fox and Hounds at Little Bromley, near Manningtree.

I used to go there in the 90s when I was doing a work assignment in Essex. Surprised the hell out of them when I turned up again, best part of 10 years later.

The place is now a 50 mile drive from me, but worth it for an occasional evening.

A bit of news from yesterday .... I took my first shopping trip to Norwich as a break from the tedium of organising the house. The shops, as you would expect, are much the same as any UK high street. I was wearing a pinstripe long skirt, red Aldo boots (with matching Tula handbag), white t-shirt and guys leather jacket. It was expected to rain .... and did so with a vengeance later !

OK, I got shouted at by a group of young guys in a car that was stuck in traffic .... but only after they started moving again, so I couldn't tell them they were a bunch of pillocks.

The best incident was in River Island, where they have some pretty spectacular stiletto knee boots this Autumn .... A young girl, with her b/f, was trying on a pair of the spiky knee-highs. She struck me as a fairly shy girl for whom such a pair of boots she might think too sexy. b/f appeared as a 'good egg', not too flash .... together they made the impression of a respectable middle-aged couple 20 years down the line. Now, hell, even for potential respectable middle-aged couples, there needs to be some spice in life which might be improved by her wearing a pair of nice boots, so, in my slightly louder voice, I said 'Young lady, they're sex on legs, buy them' !

She didn't seem to know where the voice came from, but b/f looked me straight in the eye and smiled. The sales girl cast me a filthy look as if my interjection might cost her a sale, but a couple of seconds later she was seen ringing up the sale.

I had a chat with the girl later, saying that I had moved to the area, but she wouldn't see me in the shops until the sales .... yes you can make some profit out of me, but not at full price. She seemed a bit downhearted until I told her that my collection has now exceeded 100 pairs. Heck, there's the same profit in shifting two pairs at markdown prices than one pair at top price.

Xa

Getting "2-fers" is an artform. Like I mentioned before, my wife has a "black belt" in shopping. And, she just can't hardly resist getting the "2nd pair free." :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136:-) Mickey will tell you herself, that I am a much better shopper than she is. She wasn't able to go food shopping with me the other day and she made me a list for the food store. When I finished, I had saved $37.00 on the bill and bought some excellent fruit and some very good looking meat. This is not a one-shot thing, as I have done this several times when she was in hospitals. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

If I could get away with skirt and heels every day, I would do it, as I love the comfort of a Kilt/skirt, and I love the looks of a nice heel, but alas, I am in the military, and they just don't look to kindly at that combination. But at least I have worn the heeled boots and my kilt at different times with no problems on and off base! :wink: tightlevisandhhboots

Don't know about the skirt thing, but I would really like to be able to wear my 5" stiletto heels anywhere without fear of ridicule. So far, I am just into wearing my boots and loafer style (and on rare occasions my stiletto heels) outside of my house and property.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

bubba, The kilt or skirt thing is simply for the fact of "crotch-comfort" I do like tight levis for the look, but I also enjoy the free feeling of a nice kilt worn in true scottish fashion. EXTREMELY Comfortable!!!! If you ever get the chance, give it a try (in a kilt of course, as you won't be breaking any rules when wearing a kilt). Then if you want to branch out, it's your own from there. Good Luck, tightlevisandhhboots

TightlevisandHHboots:-) You wear a kilt and heels on and off base? The military must be becoming soft theses days. I know that when I was in the service and you did that, they would have bounced you out with a section 8 discharge. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I've tried skirts and dresses before and while I don't have anything against wearing them occasionally (I haven't worn one since I graduated from high school) I'd just as soon wear trousers, jeans or shorts. Skirts and dresses really don't do anything for me or me for them, for that matter. .

I thought for sure I'd responded to this thread, but can't find my post! Xaphod - good for you! More power to you, mate. I'd go with a long skirt and heels 24/7, if I could get by it with my current employer, but no can do. Perhaps with another employer down the road... Who knows? Self-employed? Could be! Who knows. In the meantime, I'm 16/7//24/7, which means in skirts and heels while off work, and on the weekends. I've decided to go full-time simply because I stopped caring about what others think. I'm not into stilleto heels, but comfortable, block heels, so most don't even recognize I'm wearing heels, although they recognize I'm wearing a skirt. Around here that doesn't faze most people, but I do get stares from time to time, and while standing, the skirt covers the heels, so that's a plus. I'm masculine from the waist up, though, which is what throws them. It's the discongruity (in their minds) that causes them consternation. If they saw this all the time, it wouldn't be a problem! So, encouragement time - if you're even THINKING about going out in a skirt and heels (or just a skirt), now's the time. It doesn't have to be dressing in a feminine skirt - pick a masculine one, such as a full-length black denim skirt. Nothing wrong with that! And your privates will be thanking you for the additional cooling - of that I'm sure.

when a person stops careing what others think about them or their practices, it's the first for the person acceding to his desires that is the first step to straightening out the kinks in his psyche, allowing him lose anxiety and cool to "normal."

Yes, Dawn, They are getting very acceptable of what is norm now. Heeled boots with jeans or a kilt (in full scottish traditional dress) was not very different than if I was wearing suit and tie. In facti I would probably garner more stares if I wore the suit, than when I wore the other combo's... ;) But I do tend to wear long jeans with my boots, so as not to be "Faddish" as the regs state... tightlevisandhhboots

While I've visited Scotland more than a few times, I can't remember if I've ever seen a man wearing a kilt on the street. I've seen kilts in hotels, restuarants and pubs but can someone please tell me if they are common place in normal daily activity?

• 1 month later...

I thought I would give you a bit of an update.

OK, I've not been wearing a skirt every day .... there are some days when I just have had enough of the negativity which I sometimes sense.

For example, in the supermarket, the checkout woman laid particular emphasis on 'that will be £10.25 sir'. When I received my change, I said 'thank you madam'. OK, there are some days when I can just do without this.

On the other hand, I find humour helpful in breaking the ice. One guy in a newsagents seemed a bit embarassed as he said 'thank you sir', so I replied 'even though I'm wearing skirt and heels, sir works fine'. This sortof relieved the tension.

I was at the 'Fox and Hounds' TV group last evening and I met a 'girl' who was more outgoing than me. In real life he works as a fire alarm engineer and has just changed jobs. There was some introduction meeting for new employees, so he sat in the front row, with handbag, pink pencil and girly shoes, in addition to his normal work attire. He works on the idea that the way to ease people's mindset into the idea that he dresses as a girl when he gets the chance, is to give them not-so-subtle clues that he has a different dress sense than most. Nail varnish, a girly-ish hairstyle (I don't have problems with that one ! ) and plucked eyebrows drop the hint.

About nail varnish. Putting the stuff on neatly is a real pain .... the only way I've found is to do as good a job as you can, but there will be inevitably some go onto your cuticles and finger ends. The only way to remove this is to allow it to wear off the skin (which it does fairly rapidly), while remaining on the nails. This means that you have to wear polished nails at the times when you might have to do heavy-duty masculine stuff. When I stopped hedgetrimming yesterday to talk to the tractor driver working in the field next door, I kept my work gloves on. He looked at my hands a couple of times while we talked, but bright purple fingernails would have clashed somewhat with this rural scenario.

Having done the skirt thing, I suppose every other day for a month or so, I think I would sum up the reaction of the general public to me as 'begrudging tolerance'

Xa

Xaphod and JeffB have gotten me to push the envelope a little further by trying a skirt with my thigh boots. I have posted the outings in the Thighboots in Public thread.

The adventure has been a real eye opener for me (as well as people seeing me).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.