reactions

HighHeelsLover

HI, Just been for a walk in my 4" knee high boots. I only had one person react to me. Is there anyone who loves getting reactions from people. I feel so happy when I hear people shreek at the sight. I love to go to the local shops in my boots just in the hope that someone says somethin, either to me or to someone they are with. Would love to hear from like minded people. Much love XXX :)

HighHeelsLover wrote:

I only had one person react to me.

What kind of reaction did they have, positive or negative?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Actually, I prefer to avoid reactions, good or bad. Even a good reaction, such as "hey, nice heels!" is to me a bit out of place - how often have you seen one woman say that to another when they're both strangers? Me? Never. Therefore, that's as out of place as a negative reaction, and may just be the other person's attempt to break the ice on what to them is an uncomfortable situation. I would prefer it if my heelwearing meant no more to them than seeing another woman in heels.

Actually, I prefer to avoid reactions, good or bad. Even a good reaction, such as "hey, nice heels!" is to me a bit out of place - how often have you seen one woman say that to another when they're both strangers?

Me? Never.

Therefore, that's as out of place as a negative reaction, and may just be the other person's attempt to break the ice on what to them is an uncomfortable situation.

I would prefer it if my heelwearing meant no more to them than seeing another woman in heels.

I'm with you on this one. I only wish I could wear what I want without anyone batting an eye. But alas, that isn't to be. A friend knows about _some_ of my heels but I won't wear too many different ones with him around - and he lives with us, so it's tricky.

I interviewed with a company recently (got the job too!) and I decided to wear my 1 3/4" block heel boots (ankle). Got a couple looks from the interviewers too. And they still wanted to hire me :-)

What do people do, though, when you are trying to be discreet and someone notices and/or makes a fuss about it?

I don't mind getting reactions. It's quite fun walking down the high street and seeing people glance down furtively at your shoes. If you are feeling bold, then look back at a really interested person after they pass you. If they then look round for another view, they will turn back so quick, like someone shoved a red hot poker in their eye. However, don't walk past a group of 10 teenagers who have been hanging round a bench for few hours with nothing better to do than smoke fags and pick their arses. Wearing heels or not, you may get a reaction you don't care for.

I don't mind reactions, at least most of them. Two types of reactions are fun in particular. First one, is the long stare following the shoes and me for seconds. These are guys (or women, but mostly guys) that seem to be slow on the update, figuring out what is going on. Their mind just can comprehend a guy in heels, so they need to stare for several seconds to not make their brain reject the picture. I sort of enjoy these reactions. I hate to say it, but it makes me feel like I am better than the staring person. The second reaction is the positive type (always from women). Like when I walk in a store and women say "I like your shoes/boots" It is a clear sign of acceptance and if people go out of their way to give the compliment they must feel that we are doing the right thing expressing our choice in fashion. But I agree with Firefox to stay away from the herds of congregating teenagers. Nothing good comes from that. When they giggle at you or shout at you, just keep in mind that the teenage mind is still under development

Actually, I prefer to avoid reactions, good or bad. Even a good reaction, such as "hey, nice heels!" is to me a bit out of place - how often have you seen one woman say that to another when they're both strangers?

Me? Never.

Therefore, that's as out of place as a negative reaction, and may just be the other person's attempt to break the ice on what to them is an uncomfortable situation.

I would prefer it if my heelwearing meant no more to them than seeing another woman in heels.

I COMPLETELY agree with genebujold. I've gotten the "nice shoes" comment from a guy. It is usually sarcastic and the speaker is either uncomfortable on incredible. He may well mean "nice shoes" but he is DEFINITELY NOT saying ".....and you look good in them."

And that is what we really want to hear. I've gotten the "nice shoes" comment from women and the vaguery must still be deciphered.

The comment I like from women the most is "Wow, those are great and you wear them better than I could." To which we get to the point when I ask, "do I look OK." And she says something like, "You look great...or, sexy"..., or whatever.

Hell, we all have our likes and dislikes in the shoe dept. What we starve for is the acceptance even APPROVAL of what we "look like wearing them."

I know some very large me who love high heels as much as I do. UNFORTUNATELY, they look silly wearing them and there's nothing can be done about that. (A 300lb. woman looks just as awkward wearing 5" stillettoes, so I'm not being prejudicial here. Furthermore, when is the last time YOU saw such a large woman wearing 5 inchers? They just don't and it's because it is so difficult for them AS WELL AS unsightly).

This is not to say that if I MYSELF were over 6' tall and were stocky to heavyset build that I would not wear heels. Yes, indeedy I would, because it is a sexual attraction that I have for them as well as style. HOWEVER, I would do so only privately. I've never had any intention of shocking others or inviting criticism, ridicule, or downright condemnation.

Lastly, I do not wear heels in the general public. Over the years, I have developed a circle of friends who are very open-minded. Some are bi-sexual couples. We have get-togethers/parties at my bed & breakfast and we all have the freedom to wear whatever we want. In this atmosphere there is only support and approval ALL THE WAY AROUND. Like Mardi Gras it is actually a competition to see who can go the furthest in self-expression and "look good" doing so.

I think it better to create one's own environment, based upon liberal ethics and morality, rather than step out into the public domain, expecting, hoping, and blindly "wishing" for the best results.

I think that those who enjoy the shock value of wearing heels in public &/or the sometimes negative reactions they get while doing so, are simply displaying an unhealthy (from a psychological as well as potentialy physical) behavior pattern.

I always wanted the good things: acceptance, approval, and support. It has taken many years, but the journey was well worth it. I find myself in such an environment today, and have helped many others to discover the same rewards. Life could not be better. I have discovered and so fully enjoy UNISEX.

I tend to agree with what you said, but the desire to wear high heels out and about (in public) is there, not to shock or display, but just to be able to go around doing regular things in them. That is sexy. I am 6'2" and not thin, and older, so it surely looks odd, but my ex-girlfriend thought stilettos and painted nails were very sexy. And the wife before that (dec.) thought I should do what I wanted - fine with her. Like I said, going around in heels is sexier and more satisfying than just being indoors. At least I do go around outside the house.

One thing about you wearing your heels out and about just like any regular shoes, any woman that takes an interest in you won't be turned off or surprised by your interest in heels. And that, my friend, is more than half of the battle because she will be interested in you despite your liking heels. (In your opinion, since you are unattached, is it worth taking on a new woman that doesn't like your interest in heels? -- I think if I were in your place, I wouldn't bother with any woman that didn't like them. ---even at 48 I am already to old to change)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

No, I don't think I would take up with anyone who disapproved of my heels. I brought it out to the girlfriend fairly early and gently, but after she was taken with me. Like I said, she thought it was sexy. I also took her to the salon girl, who is the only other one who knows (besides all you people). Unless the son at home knows, which I am sure he does. The breakup had nothing to do with heels, but with lack of other common interests and likes. I guess I am not looking, having been hurt badly by losing my beautiful wife to a heart attack, and then the girlfriend in whom I made an emotional investment. I do go out occasionally, on a friendship basis only, with another woman, but won't bring it up with her. I dance with several extremely attractive girls from 19 to 24 years old, younger than my youngest son, but there is no chance with them.

This discussion is drifting into strong generalizations. I am sure that when you are wearing 5 inch patent stilettos it is likely that a guy's comment of "nice shoes" is sarcastic or fake. But that is no different from the fake comments that women sometimes give each other about their shoes or clothes. Have you never witnessed a women giving her friend a compliment on 'great outfit" on a totally outrageous and ridiculous outfit ? There is no doubt that in the approriate style men can look good in heels. There are plenty of guys on the board here that have demonstrated that with pictures. When an open-minded women gives a comment of appreciation for that, I don't see why one should dispel that as fake. Those that go out in heels with style simply have the courage to create their own style, and not limit themselves to what much of society expects them to do. To me, that seems healthy

I do too....basically. However, I don't think the decision to "go out in heels" is as simple as the decision to "just be oneself and the hell with society." There are very pragmatic and realistic considerations to ponder before rushing right out of the closet. For instance, in the small community I live in, I would be sacrificing the society of many good (yet inhibited) aquaintences and neighbors. I would not be welcome at the one and only local (cowboy/biker) saloon. Compromise is sometimes the better alternative. I choose my friends wisely and those in the neighborhood that discreetly hear of my behavior have heard it from people who are good character witnesses.....not the rednecks, cowboys, and general populace. I'm welcome down at the bar, and don't have to hide from my many friends who visit here at the Manor. Best of both worlds, in my opinion.....and I think that's healthy/healthier.

• 2 weeks later...

As my nickname already indicates, I love wearing slides. Although the desire to wear them outside is strong, I will only go out in them in the summer. The main reason is the weather of course. But it has something to do with reactions as well. I do care about reactions, although I have to admit it's an ambivalent attitude. On one hand, I don't want to attract any attention. I wear my slides because I love how they look and feel during walking. That's why most of the time, I wear my heels in places where I won't be recognized. I admire the guys who wear heels in public freely, but I'm still very reserved. On the other hand, it would be exciting to receive compliments from ladies who are into slides themselves. In practice, I have hardly ever heard any reactions. But I can remember one comment which was very funny: I was wearing heeled wooden exercise sandals to the beach when a girl of about 6 years noticed me. "Hey mom, that man is wearing girl shoes". But apparently her mother couldn't care less.......

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

Well, as longtime viewers to this board know, I've gotten plenty of reactions from co-workers regarding the shoes I wear, and it's all been overwhelmingly positive, something I found quite surprising when I first started wearing heels on a daily basis. Co-workers gush over how nice my shoes (especially my pumps) look or tell me how amazed they are that I can walk so easily in heels. Needless to say, such compliments helps to fatten my ego and gives me more confidence to wear the shoes I love so much! :)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

My 2 pence on this. I think overall, going out in heels is a matter of liking walking in heels. I do not seek reactions when I do so, but sure I expect some because heels are not common for men. When you dress like a man and wear heeled boots or clogs, like I do, almost nobody cares or even notices. If some notices, it is sometimes by asking the whys and the hows. The only "bad" reactions I had came from teenagers or some narrow minded people, and that was just a matter of "look at this guy's shoes" and some giggles... I do not care anymore. Of course, if you wear pink glitter 7 inch platform, expect reactions. That's surely what you are looking for... But, we do not see lot of women with such shoes either and if a girl was wearing such in the street, she would attract some reactions. I love walking in heels, I love feeling the height, I love the look of heels, so this in natural for me and behave like I was wearing "normal" boring men's shoes. Therefore, I do not expect more reactions from others. Marc

My 2 pence on this. I think overall, going out in heels is a matter of liking walking in heels. I do not seek reactions when I do so, but sure I expect some because heels are not common for men. When you dress like a man and wear heeled boots or clogs, like I do, almost nobody cares or even notices. If some notices, it is sometimes by asking the whys and the hows. The only "bad" reactions I had came from teenagers or some narrow minded people, and that was just a matter of "look at this guy's shoes" and some giggles... I do not care anymore.

Of course, if you wear pink glitter 7 inch platform, expect reactions. That's surely what you are looking for... But, we do not see lot of women with such shoes either and if a girl was wearing such in the street, she would attract some reactions.

I love walking in heels, I love feeling the height, I love the look of heels, so this in natural for me and behave like I was wearing "normal" boring men's shoes. Therefore, I do not expect more reactions from others.

Marc

Hi Marc,

that should have been me who has written this contribution :)

cheers

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Poop on them, I can walk in 5" with no issue.

Do you mean for 8 or 10 hours most days,like alot of women (and some of us guys) do. You know...at work,doing the shopping,running errands,picking up the kids from school..

or do you just "walk in 5" heels with no issue" from the lounge to the bedroom?? :)

kj

I don't get it, walking in heels is not that hard. I've heard women say "3" is just to high." Poop on them, I can walk in 5" with no issue.

I think it's all about the preception, incorrect to the nines that men shouldn't be able to even stand, much less walk in high heeled shoes. Perhaps there are women out there who for one reason or another simply can't wear heels. I've had one co-worker tell me that two inches is too high for her. Amazing, eh?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

usually when a woman catches me on the street wearing my 6 inch heels they freak out! they can't believe anyone, much less a guy, could be actually walking the city streets in heels that high. i say usually because sometimes they just stare. other times they nudge whoever they're with and chuckle... fun stuff. but i also think there is a lot of envy too, on the women's part. they see a guy walking along no problems in 6 inch heels most folks would call stripper shoes or hooker shoes and they wish they had the guts to do that. i think JB is right too in that maybe some women just can't wear them. the shoes in my collection call for a slim foot and i've met women with either big feet or wide feet, they look at my heels and say they would wear them if they could find a pair to fit them. i consider myself very lucky to be able to fit into my size 12 "stripper heels" like they were made to order. yes it is amazing.

I got wolf-whistled yesterday at my local shopping mall. I was wearing a black shirt, blue jeans and my new stiletto heeled cowboy boots. My jeans did cover the heel but obviously not enough and as I passed these two girls, who were around 16 or 17 years old, one of them wolf-whistled at me and smiled. It was very embarrassing but at the same time, I found it really exhilarating as well!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

Here in the US, any man over the age of concent (usually 18 ) dating a girl that's 16 or 17 is considered not in their best interest since they are still considered children. Besides, I wouldn't think girls that age wouldn't be very emotionally or intellectually mature :) .

When I'm out in my heels or boots, I'm not really looking for reactions. I do get them and usually ignore them unless they are positive. I simple take the attitude that men wearing heels in public is more common place than they think and it just bolsters the desire to continue expanding the collection of heeled shoes that I wear in public.

• 4 weeks later...

This seemed like the right thread to post this ,

Today I went to Chilis for lunch with my wife , kids and father and mother in law. i wore my new 4" clogs ... the ones below

Posted Image

While I did not get any direct comments from anyone , the reactions were higher than usual. These clogs make a HUGE sound when walking in them.

As we were walking in the door , the girl who greats everyone was taking a lot of notice , so much so that my wife leaned over and wispered .. she's checking out your shoes ...

One lady who was in a booth next to us seemed very facinated and kept staring at my shoes and nails (my acrilics). I could tell she was dying to ask me but dared not. Our waitress was fun and took notice as well but said nothing.

The girls working the floor kept sneaking glances the whole time ... They all seemed facinated .. like wait a min ... he is with his whole faimly ????? can we trust our eyes?

Interestingly enough one guy there (bus boy) kept sneaking glances ... but they seemed to be glances of jelousy .. I have seen this before ... some guys don't notice , some do and shrug .. some look with longing like they wish they could also ... I think that was the look here .. I could be wrong but he sure looked plenty of times ...

All in all a great lunch btw and hopfully gained some ground for men in heels.

I don't usualy post simple events like this , and feel they don't really warrent posting , but with so many looks today I thought it should be noted.