Wedding Shoes

Mr. X

Here is some food for thought.  I was searching my local buy and sells.  I came across a pair of heels in my size.  They are white and lace and were purchased from a bridal shop.  I can only asssume they were worn only once, and that the seller got married in them.  Shoes like that have very limited uses.  They are not something you could wear out and about, day to day.

So my question is this.  Would you buy a pair of second hand wedding shoes?  And would you buy them knowing for certain that they were only worn once, and that the seller got married in them?

No I wouldn’t - although the fact that the previous owner wore them only once, to get married, would not influence me. A combination of practicality and the fact that I am just not that dressy a guy would be the deal breaker. I like my boots and jeans - either casual or smart-casual, not dressy corporate heels, or wedding heels, or glitzy evening heels, but the kind of thing a high aficionado with taste might wear to a weekend lunch at a smart cafe.

As to the colour white, id love a pair of white go-go boots if I could ever find some nice leather ones, but not shoes.

I would not either.  Unless, of course, I did not have any other heels and wanted to try a pair to wear in private and I could buy them without arousing any suspicion that they were for me.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Careful, you are getting politic— that’s called “the American way!”🤗

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

If they are white pumps or sandals I would wear them. I always wear white heels in the summer. I have many pairs of white heels, including pumps, sandals, wedge heel sandals and the list goes on.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Generally, no, I wouldn't buy them. Most times, but not always, wedding shoes tend to be a bit too much 'over the top for me.' I agree with Cali, buy and resell.

The original question seems to focus in on the fact that they were worn for nuptials, and worn just the one time. For me, what the previous owner did or did not do while wearing the shoes has no bearing on whether I'd want to buy them, unless the activity(ies) somehow compromised the integrity of the footwear.

Just for the record, my ex-wife wore flats for the wedding. They were red, but that was our secret. You couldn't see the shoes because of the length of the dress anyhow, so what difference does it make? My current wife wore substantial heels at our wedding. She wore the traditional aó dài, so one could definitely see the heels, at least when moving.

Whilst the novelty of buying something worn once, or so the sales pitch goes, is inviting I’d shy away from something that couldn’t be worn practically outside of a wedding. I’ve worn both wedges and pumps to weddings but wasn’t a part of the wedding so no lacy white shoes for me. You could go the eBay route though and see some benefits for your effort. HinH