"Vanderpump Rules", Bravo TV show

pebblesf

Well, I guess I will have to admit to watching mind numbing, useless Bravo TV shows, but it is worth for this topic.

"Brock", a very masculine husband to one of the stars of the show, is just the type of man we need to help promote heels as normal mens' footwear.  

The last three "reunion episodes" show Brock wearing some great looking pointed toe ankle boots with 3" block heels.  Oftentimes, many actors look foolish with some of the outfits picked for or by themselves.  But, big ol Brock really looks great in those boots.  I'm wondering if he picked them out, of if one of the show's stylists picked them for him.  Hoping he enjoys wearing them and thinks he looks good, because he does.  Again, seeing normal, popular "celebrities"/regular guys wearing boots like this really does help normalize the fashion.  This also helps regular guys summon the courage to try out fashions like these ankle boots, that they have only secretly admired in the past...

OK, so now let me have it for watching idiotic TV shows like this...  I'm not afraid to admit that I enjoy just letting my eyes roll back inside my head while enjoying silly stuff like this, even though I can feel my last remaining brain cells just melting away!  D

• Like 3

I don’t own a TV and I live in England so I’ve no idea about the show or the actor. But it is nice to hear that a guy in heels is being presented sensibly 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Well, I guess I will have to admit to watching mind numbing, useless Bravo TV shows, but it is worth for this topic.

"Brock", a very masculine husband to one of the stars of the show, is just the type of man we need to help promote heels as normal mens' footwear.  

The last three "reunion episodes" show Brock wearing some great looking pointed toe ankle boots with 3" block heels.  Oftentimes, many actors look foolish with some of the outfits picked for or by themselves.  But, big ol Brock really looks great in those boots.  I'm wondering if he picked them out, of if one of the show's stylists picked them for him.  Hoping he enjoys wearing them and thinks he looks good, because he does.  Again, seeing normal, popular "celebrities"/regular guys wearing boots like this really does help normalize the fashion.  This also helps regular guys summon the courage to try out fashions like these ankle boots, that they have only secretly admired in the past...

OK, so now let me have it for watching idiotic TV shows like this...  I'm not afraid to admit that I enjoy just letting my eyes roll back inside my head while enjoying silly stuff like this, even though I can feel my last remaining brain cells just melting away!  D

Have not seen the show but glad to hear what you are reporting.  On the topic of watching idiotic shows, my gf and I are watching season 2 of MILF Manor lol.  Very cringeworthy and kinda gross but we get a good laugh.  All new low for my tv watching 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 10:57 AM, pebblesf said:

here is a link to Brock:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/vanderpump-rules-star-brock-davies-115521260.html

12 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Here is a link to his instagram with a quick vid of him rocking the heels you are probably speaking of @pebblesf

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C61hRugpqND/

Yep, that is Brock for sure.  Glad to read the article to see that the boots are his choice, not something a stylist put together for him to wear.   Brock is a "guy's guy" and looks great, looks like he is taking some heat for it as expected.  Hoping he won't back off, I'm thinking he likes the way he looks and feels in great boots...

• Like 1

I have no idea how much such shows influence pop culture. I haven't owned a TV for 12 years, and I haven't watched any kind of series for much longer than that. I will say that at least his heels are real heels, unlike those of some other male stars (Harry Styles comes to mind). In other words, even if he hadn't pointed it out, one would kind of notice that he's wearing heels. Even at that, they aren't crazy, and they go with the rest of the outfit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

I have no idea how much such shows influence pop culture. I haven't owned a TV for 12 years, and I haven't watched any kind of series for much longer than that. I will say that at least his heels are real heels, unlike those of some other male stars (Harry Styles comes to mind). In other words, even if he hadn't pointed it out, one would kind of notice that he's wearing heels. Even at that, they aren't crazy, and they go with the rest of the outfit.

For sure.  Normal looking heels, not the crazy stuff seen on runways that most would want to wear.  I've seen Harry in a few pairs, they all seemed pretty tame to me, would be interesting to see pics in the heels you are referring to....

22 hours ago, pebblesf said:

For sure.  Normal looking heels, not the crazy stuff seen on runways that most would want to wear.  I've seen Harry in a few pairs, they all seemed pretty tame to me, would be interesting to see pics in the heels you are referring to....

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/red-carpet-dresses/a9645702/harry-styles-heels/

I don't know if this link is going to work, but here is an example of what I'm talking about. Those aren't heels! Not really.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/red-carpet-dresses/a9645702/harry-styles-heels/

I don't know if this link is going to work, but here is an example of what I'm talking about. Those aren't heels! Not really.

OK, I think I understand what you were getting at...I thought you meant Harry was wearing some sort of outrageous heels like you see on runways, but it would seem you mean the exact opposite!  Kind of like Harry is just dipping one little toe into the heel pond instead of dipping his whole foot in it.    Harry's outfit in this pic surely looks like some idiot picked it out for him, hideous!  The heels look dumb also...   

Posted (edited)

I can dig the shoes.  Some times you want to wear girls shoes but don’t want to look like you’re wearing girls shoes.But the suit?  If I wore that, authorities would have me committed.

Edited by Bubba136
  • Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Posted (edited)

I think it's awesome he's wearing heels! Some of the comments on the instagram post seemed surprised but open to the image of him in heels.

I like this REEL with him walking in heels with his wife:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6yxqcSrFAH/

And this 30 second clip where a podcaster(I guess it's his wife) asks about his heels. She likes his heels and rationalizes multiple reasons why his heels are a good thing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6UkrYiyLfr/

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

1 hour ago, kneehighs said:

I think it's awesome he's wearing heels! Some of the comments on the instagram post seemed surprised but open to the image of him in heels.

I like this REEL with him walking in heels with his wife:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6yxqcSrFAH/

And this 30 second clip where a podcaster(I guess it's his wife) asks about his heels. She likes his heels and rationalizes multiple reasons why his heels are a good thing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6UkrYiyLfr/

Could only view the bottom interview with Scheana, Brock's wife.  Good for you Brock!  You like they way you look and feel in the boots, and are not bothered by negative comments.  Nine out of ten criticisms are probably from frustrated guys that secretly wish they had the guts to rock the boots!

• Like 1

Most of the negative comments seemed to centre around things in his personal life rather than his heels - not knowing the backstory I didn’t understand the comments, but the boots did not attract much negativity. I agree that there are probably a lot of guys who envy his freedom to wear what he pleases instead of being bound by rigid conformity 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Most of the negative comments seemed to centre around things in his personal life rather than his heels - not knowing the backstory I didn’t understand the comments, but the boots did not attract much negativity. I agree that there are probably a lot of guys who envy his freedom to wear what he pleases instead of being bound by rigid conformity 

Yes, Brock is divorced from him wife back in Australia with a couple of kids.  I think he is estranged from his kids, and has been ridiculed for being behind in child care payments.   Brock claims he is all caught up now, but his kids still don't want to communicate with him.   Far be it from me to judge...

Yes no one outside the two people directly involved can know what the score is, and even then each of them will have their own sincerely held opinion.

• Like 2