Seen out and About

Shyheels

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

A travel day - trains, a plane, cities. Virtually no heels - On the trains two women in chunky heel ankle boots and at the airport a woman in leather trousers and low chunky heels.  Lots of trainers - the white tennis variety- and on The trains lots of Doc Martens, including a violet coloured pair worn by a guy. Not a hint of a stiletto anywhere 

Not even you? Or were you the only one in heels, usually the case for me.

56 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Not even you? Or were you the only one in heels, usually the case for me.

It’s a good point and one I was going to mention but in my airport rush, neglected. My journey began with a long walk in the rain on a muddy towpath. I wore hiking boots. This is just an overnight and so I wasn’t taking luggage 

No better news on this side of the canal. I started a new job yesterday at an office building. I should only be there a few days, as I'm only there to help a guy get his job wrapped up. I'm not sure exactly what it is they do there, but it is somehow related to the insurance industry.

Although my construction zone is separated off from the office people, I had several occasions to visit the working office, thinking I might see some heels. Nope. Not even close. It evidently is a casual dress office, so there was a mix of trainers, Crocs, and Birkenstocks. I was thinking, "Man, if I worked here, I'd be wearing stilettos every day." I mean, it's a super easy job for wearing heels. Sitting at a computer most of the time, getting up only occasionally to do incidental things. Why wouldn'tcha?

• Like 2

I’m at the Copenhagen airport. Nothing but sneakers and the odd pair of crocs. I did see a woman wearing OTK boots on the Metro but with ordinary heels

stop the presses - someone wearing heels! On my flight! And it’s a guy in a very nice, quite feminine pair of ankle boots with 3” heels not at all hidden. Otherwise dress just as a well dressed smart casual guy. I believe it’s the first time I’ve seen a guy in heels out and about 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 4

It has finally happened. On my very last day, practically my very last hour on this office job, I saw heels. This company bought a rundown building several years ago, and has been renovating it piece by piece. The last to be done is the basement, which is where I am (was) working. There is one functional conference room in the basement at this time, and that's when I heard this "clop, clop, clop" coming down the stairs, presumably to attend a meeting in this conference room.

I don't know if it's just us shoe guys, but it is a reflex that is almost impossible to resist for me, when I hear certain sounds, I almost have to stop what I'm doing and see who or what is making that sound. Unfortunately for me, I didn't resist it, because when I turned around to look at who was making the sound, the woman looked me straight in the eye. I nodded and said a soft, "hello," and immediately turned back around to what I was doing (preparing for a wire pull in the hallway). I was cussing myself for not resisting my reflex, thinking, "There is no way I can now look again to see what kind of shoes she is wearing."

I did sneak a half-second peak as she was walking away, long enough to see that she was wearing chunky wooden-heeled sandals that were much like something I wear all the time, only maybe a little clunkier. I estimate the heel height at 4 1/2 inches with a 1 inch platform. Had a crime been committed and I were called as a witness, the only thing I can say for sure is, "Tan sandals, broad straps with brass studs, wooden heels and platform." Oh, and the fact that she was wearing pants for sure, because I'm not 100% sure whether the sandals were mules or not. I don't think they were.

• Like 1