Jump to content

Nostalgia from 1960


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

As of this date, I have not heard of victims of this type of “discrimination” shouting loudly for reparations, so perhaps your analysis is just in time for victims to stir the pot and surface the problem in time to reap millions in payback payments?  You should definitely demand at least 10%  for bringing such an outrageous type of discrimination to the public’s attention? ;-)

Heh, heh, heh. You are quite predictable, my friend. As am I, as am I.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, rather than waiting for a return of heels in women’s fashion that will never happen, maybe the best way to enjoy heels now is just to wear them myself.  

I'm not so sure that it is any recent high heel fashion per se that has led to their declining popularity, nor that it is height alone that is the key issue.   I am no sociologist but suggest that it

My taste could vary depending on the day mood.  For sure I hate kitten heels. I would often prefer  pair of nice sneakers ( yes!) if well matched with the outfit. But on the other hand we have to

Posted Images

Unless one is attending an arts or fashion college, I think the sorts of academic departments where one might do a PhD on a subject such as wearing stilettos are going to have a certain inbuilt political narrative that would have to be adhered to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Unless one is attending an arts or fashion college, I think the sorts of academic departments where one might do a PhD on a subject such as wearing stilettos are going to have a certain inbuilt political narrative that would have to be adhered to.

That certainly is popular perception. Reality is perhaps a little bit different. Certainly, the current trend of universities eliminating so many tenured positions has not helped. I do not believe this trend is necessarily politically motivated, I believe it's cost motivated, but it has had an unintended political effect. My comments cannot really apply to higher education outside the U.S., as my experience is limited in that respect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't speak directly to the American university situation, but from what I have read of it, and what I have observed  over here, I cannot imagine a sociology/women's studies/gender studies etc department that would not be strongly influenced by the prevailing feminist political climate especially as regards a loaded topic such as the wearing of stiletto heels. Cancel culture and Twitter "outrage" would put an end to things pretty quickly if they did not.

Edited by Shyheels
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I can't speak directly to the American university situation, but from what I have read of it, and what I have observed  over here, I cannot imagine a sociology/women's studies/gender studies etc department that would not be strongly influenced by the prevailing feminist political climate especially as regards a loaded topic such as the wearing of stiletto heels. Cancel culture and Twitter "outrage" would put an end to things pretty quickly if they did not.

I was really thinking more of general studies when I made that comment. In my experience, both ends of the political spectrum are generally well represented at American colleges and universities, even so-called "liberal" ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Both sides are represented here too - but one is much, much, much more likely to be subjuected to 'cancel culture' than the other. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 6:45 AM, mlroseplant said:

I was really thinking more of general studies when I made that comment. In my experience, both ends of the political spectrum are generally well represented at American colleges and universities, even so-called "liberal" ones.

While I think in the middle of our country that might be true, I believe the institutions on the coasts have leaned considerably farther to the left these days.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.